• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If WWE give you Daniel Bryan as champion....

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
....at WMXXX, what will you give them in return?

People have moaned and carried on, and threatened what they will do if Bryan ISN'T WWE World Champion at the end of WMXXX, but what WILL you give the WWE for doing what you wanted?

-A "thank you"
-Credit
-Watch their shows and buy the WWE Network?
-Start watching PPV's again?
-Buying tickets to their shows?

Or are you all going to take full credit for Daniel Bryan being champion yourselves?

You see, if the WWE give to you, it is only fair that you give back to them.

So, if they kowtow to your wish of making Bryan champion, what is in it for WWE? They have to see some benefit from the fans who they gave them what they want?

So, what will you do as a "thank you" when WWE give you what you want as Wrestlemania XXX?

Me as a wrestling fan was not concerned that db wasn't in the rumble as I knew he would get in the main event somehow but even if he doesn't win I'm not worried he is better chasing the title rather than holding it besides we all know Batista dint come bk to lay second to anyone he was gonna win the title no matter what

As a fan I am not inclined to do anything. The fact that I will be watching Wrestlemania is thank you enough. I don't really understand what you mean. As fans we are not obligated to pay anything back to the WWE. Some people will get what they want, some will not. However, Daniel Bryan is far and away the most popular guy they have therefore it only makes logical sense to reward him for that. Why would we thank them? They are the ones are going to benefit no matter what.

Is this really a question, man? I'm guessing no, but I'll answer just in case anyone is confused.

Considering I spent money on countless WWE PPVs in the hopes that Daniel Bryan's dedication would pay off, I feel WWE and I are just about square if and when Bryan is crowned champion. I feel as if Bryan winning is the only compelling climax to the "story" they've been telling, and have been willing to go out on a limb monetarily in the past. But I'm a fan of the WWE, and at the end of the day, WWE should want to make its fans happy. The majority of the fans have expressed a desire to see Bryan as champion, and in this new era when fans boo booking more than wrestlers, the WWE should oblige its audience. A happy cottage results in a safe castle, as it were.

Do you go to restaurants and ask the customers what they'll give the restaurant staff if they enjoy their steak, too?

People have moaned and carried on, and threatened what they will do if Bryan ISN'T WWE World Champion at the end of WMXXX, but what WILL you give the WWE for doing what you wanted?

-A "thank you"
-Credit

Or are you all going to take full credit for Daniel Bryan being champion yourselves?

So, if they kowtow to your wish of making Bryan champion, what is in it for WWE? They have to see some benefit from the fans who they gave them what they want?

So, what will you do as a "thank you" when WWE give you what you want as Wrestlemania XXX?

Honestly, I would give them a "thank you". I'd definitely give them credit for listening to their audience. I already have the Network, so the watching PPVs again is already covered. When I get more money, my fiance and I will DEFINITELY be going to see them live and in person. I'm a fan...a longtime fan...and I feel that if I'm going to glue my eyes to the screen to watch their product, I deserve a good, diverse product when I do.

-A "thank you"
-Credit

This is one of the most asinine comments I've ever read and on the internet, that is really saying something.

Maybe you would advise Coca Cola to bring back new coke and get rid of the most popular soft drink in the world, even if it cost them customers, I on the other hand, would just not buy coke anymore.

If the WWE gives the majority of their customers what they want, then they are doing exactly what any business does. Can you name a company that maintains it's customer base by jerking it's customer base around and not providing what their customers want? .

This is one of the most asinine comments I've ever read and on the internet, that is really saying something.

Maybe you would advise Coca Cola to bring back new coke and get rid of the most popular soft drink in the world, even if it cost them customers, I on the other hand, would just not buy coke anymore.

If the WWE gives the majority of their customers what they want, then they are doing exactly what any business does. Can you name a company that maintains it's customer base by jerking it's customer base around and not providing what their customers want? .

This is all wrong. WWE is a business, but unlike Coca Cola, WWE is also a television program and YES I can name quite a few tv shows that do the same thing that wwe has done. Look at a show like How I Met Your Mother...it took all of like 8 years to see the actual mother. They would show her foot, or you would catch a small glimpse of her leaving a room but never got to see her face for 8 years and people still watch.

The problem is that hardore fans/iwc doesnt treat wwe as a tv show but as a business like you have stated. We get so wrapped up in the backstage politics that we forget that this is a FREAKIN TV SHOW!!! I didnt watch Breaking Bad and complain about characters not getting more tv time, I never watched Burn Notice and thought that Michael Weston wasnt getting what he deserved. Its really ridiculous how we as fans few wrestling nowadays. Its like people watch for the sole reason of bashing the product. Daniel Bryan is a supporting character to John Cena who is the main character. Since you like telling people to name things than I challenge you to name another tv show where the main character of the show was changed because its fan base was filled with people that bitch and moan 24/7.

Once DB gets the title at WM30, fans will slowly begin to shit on him, a la hogan a la rock etc.

See its the cool thing to like and back something that isn't happened, once the IWC get something they have been wanting they have then accomplished there goal and will then move onto something else.

Next will be... "PUSH ZIGGLER" or "WHY IS SHEAMUS BEING BURIED" or "WE WANT RHODES TO GET A WWE TITLE SHOT"

you will never please the fans, its there job to do this

Once DB gets the title at WM30, fans will slowly begin to shit on him, a la hogan a la rock etc.

See its the cool thing to like and back something that isn't happened, once the IWC get something they have been wanting they have then accomplished there goal and will then move onto something else.

Next will be... "PUSH ZIGGLER" or "WHY IS SHEAMUS BEING BURIED" or "WE WANT RHODES TO GET A WWE TITLE SHOT"

not all us fans are like that. I would always support Bryan as champ or whatever hes doing.

It's WWE's on fault for not wanting to give Daniel Bryan the title in the first place. Week in and week out they've been beating up on him and telling him he wasn't worthy of being champion. There was a time after summer slam were they would order the whole wwe roster to come out and watch Bryan get his ass kicked by the authority. What was the point of doing that if there's not gonna be any pay off. That kinda thing will get the crowd angry. WWE don't need a thank you cause we're still watching and buying tickets and buying merchandise anyway.

This is all wrong. WWE is a business, but unlike Coca Cola, WWE is also a television program and YES I can name quite a few tv shows that do the same thing that wwe has done. Look at a show like How I Met Your Mother...it took all of like 8 years to see the actual mother. They would show her foot, or you would catch a small glimpse of her leaving a room but never got to see her face for 8 years and people still watch.

The problem is that hardore fans/iwc doesnt treat wwe as a tv show but as a business like you have stated. We get so wrapped up in the backstage politics that we forget that this is a FREAKIN TV SHOW!!! I didnt watch Breaking Bad and complain about characters not getting more tv time, I never watched Burn Notice and thought that Michael Weston wasnt getting what he deserved. Its really ridiculous how we as fans few wrestling nowadays. Its like people watch for the sole reason of bashing the product. Daniel Bryan is a supporting character to John Cena who is the main character. Since you like telling people to name things than I challenge you to name another tv show where the main character of the show was changed because its fan base was filled with people that bitch and moan 24/7.
Okay a lot of info to get through, but here we go.

Have you ever looked at How I Met Your Mother's ratings, it debuted to an audience of 11 million, but has only met or eclipsed that number 6 times, on the other hand their viewership has dipped below 8 million 20 times. But I'm sure 3 million viewers is nothing in your opinion. As to the occasions that it surpassed 11 million, the episodes all featured moments that the fans were waiting to see (Marshall and Lily ' s wedding, Barney and Robin getting together, Barney ' s proposal). So the ratings were up when the fans got what they wanted.

You think Cena is the main character? By that logic wouldn't Cena be in the main event at WM not putting over Bray Wyatt midcard? There is no one main character, and if there were right now it wouldn't be Cena since the biggest storyline for the past 8 months has been The Authority screwing Daniel Bryan.

TV shows that changed main characters is usually done by running pilots and test viewings and the list long so I'll stick to some highlights, Kaley Cuoco was not the first choice for Big Bang Theory and was cast after Amanda Walsh was derided by test audiences. Emilia Clarke was the second Daenerys Targaryen after test audiences were unimpressed by the first choice and oh yeah Johnny Depp was also a pilot replacement on 21 Jump Street after Jeff Yeager bombed in phenomenal fashion.

I should also add that tv income only makes up about 1/3 of its total revenue, so it's not just a tv show, it's also a commercial for all of its other sources of revenue.

This thread is absurd. The number of WWE apologists who seem to believe fans should happily eat whatever meal WWE serves up is stupefying.

WWE cannot and should not be compared to shows such as Breaking Bad, Mad Men, or any other successful series. For god's sake, WWE television is done in front of a live audience, and the willing participation of said audience is a huge part of the show.

"I have no control over Breaking Bad, but I don't write AMC..."

Well, no shit, Sherlock. This is wrestling. The one thing WWE CANNOT CONTROL is the crowd reaction. If live crowds are not vocal, WWE would lose a big indicator of who is actually over. By the way, WWE only claims to be episodic tv so they can run absurd graphics. If Mad Men were in front of a live audience, Roger Sterling and Donald Draper would have to ad-lib according to crowd reaction. If Breaking Bad were live, thus encouraging audience participation, the crowd could heavily influence the show.

The life-blood of wrestling is listening to the audience. That is an indisputable fact. Of course true fans should support the company through thick and thin. That does not mean we all have to enjoy the same meal.

I am currently subscribed to WWE Network and will be for the foreseeable future. It is fantastic, but I admit I am a little nervous about watching WrestleMania XXX on it, because I am paranoid about lag.

-A "thank you"
-Credit

I'll give them what I give them every year after Mania - a hand job. Mostly medium strokes, focusing on the head, spit free, using a grade A or B lube.

This topic is weird. In general people want DB to win the title. They are fans of his. There are some that have gotten angry when they've felt he didn't get what he deserved. I have enjoyed this ride. If he wins at Mania I will probably be more likely to watch Raw as it will start a new chapter - the "What Will Raw Be Like With DB As Champ Era?". I will be interested to see how the crowd reacts. I'll be interested to see if HHH shows up. I'll be interested to see how he reacts. I'll be interested to see if Orton gets a rematch. I'll be interested to see who they throw at him for Extreme Rules (OrtogetBatista, HHH, Wyatt, Reigns, Lesnar, Cena). I probably won't be as interested if Batista or Orton win. I may be more interested if HHH wins the title though.

In the end I'm really not sure.

These guys are not sports teams that you are supposed to be blindly loyal to. There is a story that is attached to each guy that changes. A title win can lead to a significant change. If fans don't love DB the champ as much as they love DB the challenger then so be it. Plus in general, the people bitching about one side may not be the same folks bitching about the other. The internet just happens to be a place folks flock to to be *****.

The burden of giving anything is entirely on WWE. We fans don't have to give WWE anything especially considering how long Bryan has been the guy getting audibly loud reactions. WWE has developed a nasty habit of ignoring their fans so I'll believe Bryan will win the title when I see it. Even if Bryan wins I'll bet he doesn't keep the belt for long similar to his first fluke title reign. At this point, WWE has grown quite predictable and they purposely like screwing with their smart fans and I could see them having HHH win as a 'screw you' to those smart enough to think they know it's a foregone conclusion that Bryan will/should win.

:lol: You're wrong. It's not our job to give anything to WWE. It's their job to put on a product the fans can enjoy.

If all the fans tune out, the WWE would go out of business. Why should we give anything else to WWE? We give them television views every Monday and Friday night, we buy merchandise at live events and WWEshop.com. What the hell else do they want from us?

Okay a lot of info to get through, but here we go.

Have you ever looked at How I Met Your Mother's ratings, it debuted to an audience of 11 million, but has only met or eclipsed that number 6 times, on the other hand their viewership has dipped below 8 million 20 times. But I'm sure 3 million viewers is nothing in your opinion. As to the occasions that it surpassed 11 million, the episodes all featured moments that the fans were waiting to see (Marshall and Lily ' s wedding, Barney and Robin getting together, Barney ' s proposal). So the ratings were up when the fans got what they wanted.

You think Cena is the main character? By that logic wouldn't Cena be in the main event at WM not putting over Bray Wyatt midcard? There is no one main character, and if there were right now it wouldn't be Cena since the biggest storyline for the past 8 months has been The Authority screwing Daniel Bryan.

TV shows that changed main characters is usually done by running pilots and test viewings and the list long so I'll stick to some highlights, Kaley Cuoco was not the first choice for Big Bang Theory and was cast after Amanda Walsh was derided by test audiences. Emilia Clarke was the second Daenerys Targaryen after test audiences were unimpressed by the first choice and oh yeah Johnny Depp was also a pilot replacement on 21 Jump Street after Jeff Yeager bombed in phenomenal fashion.

Um really guy...Of course a debut episode and special episodes get higher ratings. That is true for pretty much every show. Dipped below 8 million??? In what world is 8 million not a good thing? Anywhere near 8 million is VERY good ratings. The ratings went up because of the wait. If you do episodes like that every week than your fans will have nothing to look forward too and you ratings will decline and never recover BUT im sure you know what you're talking about right. Every director in history has been wrong, they should just give the fans what they want every episode lol. Ted should have just met his wife in the first season of How I Met Your Mother so they could have 11 million viewers.

Yes Cena is the main character. Just because you are the main character doesnt mean that you are the focal point of every episode. Watch Breaking Bad where Walter White isnt the focal point of every episode for a huge portion of the series but it would be dumb to argue that he isnt the main character. The only reason DB is even in this situation and storyline is because Cena got injured. Wait 4-5 months when everything is back to normal and DB isnt anywhere near the title and Cena is main eventing every ppv again and then come tell me who the main character is.

Coca Cola to WWE is one of the worst comparisons ever!!! It makes absolutely no sense. Unlike Coca Cola, WWE has a product that must be different on a weekly basis. Keeping fans happy for Coca Cola means not changing anything, Imagine if the wwe aired the same episode of Raw for 10 years. How long would that last?

TV only makes up 1/3 of its revenue? Was this a serious comment? This may be what statistics say but statistics are just numbers and they don't tell the truth. The truth is that 100% of wwe's revenue is attrubuted to tv because without TV there wouldnt be a wwe. Why the hell would I buy a Cena shirt, if ive never seen Cena on tv? Why would I buy anything WWE related, if there was no WWE on TV? If WWE on TV fails than the wwe goes out of business. WWE TV is their main priority and it always has been

You are assuming wrong. All people who chant "Yes, Yes, Yes" are there to watch WWE live or on the network. There is no need to start to buy tickets or start watching WWE again, they never stoped watching in first place. People who are watching product are interested to see Danyel Bryan as Champ, people who are not interested in product just dont care about product to watch it anymore. :)

Um really guy...Of course a debut episode and special episodes get higher ratings. That is true for pretty much every show. Dipped below 8 million??? In what world is 8 million not a good thing? Anywhere near 8 million is VERY good ratings. The ratings went up because of the wait. If you do episodes like that every week than your fans will have nothing to look forward too and you ratings will decline and never recover BUT im sure you know what you're talking about right. Every director in history has been wrong, they should just give the fans what they want every episode lol. Ted should have just met his wife in the first season of How I Met Your Mother so they could have 11 million viewers.

Yes Cena is the main character. Just because you are the main character doesnt mean that you are the focal point of every episode. Watch Breaking Bad where Walter White isnt the focal point of every episode for a huge portion of the series but it would be dumb to argue that he isnt the main character. The only reason DB is even in this situation and storyline is because Cena got injured. Wait 4-5 months when everything is back to normal and DB isnt anywhere near the title and Cena is main eventing every ppv again and then come tell me who the main character is.

Coca Cola to WWE is one of the worst comparisons ever!!! It makes absolutely no sense. Unlike Coca Cola, WWE has a product that must be different on a weekly basis. Keeping fans happy for Coca Cola means not changing anything, Imagine if the wwe aired the same episode of Raw for 10 years. How long would that last?

TV only makes up 1/3 of its revenue? Was this a serious comment? This may be what statistics say but statistics are just numbers and they don't tell the truth. The truth is that 100% of wwe's revenue is attrubuted to tv because without TV there wouldnt be a wwe. Why the hell would I buy a Cena shirt, if ive never seen Cena on tv? Why would I buy anything WWE related, if there was no WWE on TV? If WWE on TV fails than the wwe goes out of business. WWE TV is their main priority and it always has been
So the product has to be constantly changing but when everything is normal Cena should headline every ppv??? Holy contradiction of yourself Batman.

I'm not sure if you are trolling for the sake of trolling or are actually slight mentally ******ed. You go back and forth on your own points without realizing it.

Your response to the ratings fluctuations and "special moments" (which is just your way of rephrasing things people actually want to see) was particularly funny since you did exactly what I said you would which was minimalize the loss of 3 million plus viewers even though it reflects 25% of their audience.

I used Coca Cola for a very specific reason, they market tested new coke and then ignored the people that told them it was crap. Much like the WWE tried to do with Batista until they realized they had blown it.

As a fan I am not inclined to do anything. The fact that I will be watching Wrestlemania is thank you enough. I don't really understand what you mean. As fans we are not obligated to pay anything back to the WWE. Some people will get what they want, some will not. However, Daniel Bryan is far and away the most popular guy they have therefore it only makes logical sense to reward him for that. Why would we thank them? They are the ones are going to benefit no matter what.

I think some loyalty, and not shitting on the product at every turn, like a lot here tend to do, would be a good start.

Is this really a question, man? I'm guessing no, but I'll answer just in case anyone is confused.

Considering I spent money on countless WWE PPVs in the hopes that Daniel Bryan's dedication would pay off, I feel WWE and I are just about square if and when Bryan is crowned champion. I feel as if Bryan winning is the only compelling climax to the "story" they've been telling, and have been willing to go out on a limb monetarily in the past. But I'm a fan of the WWE, and at the end of the day, WWE should want to make its fans happy. The majority of the fans have expressed a desire to see Bryan as champion, and in this new era when fans boo booking more than wrestlers, the WWE should oblige its audience. A happy cottage results in a safe castle, as it were.

Do you go to restaurants and ask the customers what they'll give the restaurant staff if they enjoy their steak, too?

I would think that you would give restaurant staff a nice tip and future visits if you are happy with their steaks.

So the product has to be constantly changing but when everything is normal Cena should headline every ppv??? Holy contradiction of yourself Batman.

I'm not sure if you are trolling for the sake of trolling or are actually slight mentally ******ed. You go back and forth on your own points without realizing it.

Your response to the ratings fluctuations and "special moments" (which is just your way of rephrasing things people actually want to see) was particularly funny since you did exactly what I said you would which was minimalize the loss of 3 million plus viewers even though it reflects 25% of their audience.

I used Coca Cola for a very specific reason, they market tested new coke and then ignored the people that told them it was crap. Much like the WWE tried to do with Batista until they realized they had blown it.

o god...ur one of those guys that take everything out of context than insult me to try to win an argument...ok I guess

I never contradicted myself, you are just an idiot. Cena vs DB, Cena vs Taker, Cena vs Wyatt is all changing regardless of if Cena main events every ppv. When, in the history of wrestling, has there ever been two IDENTICAL ppv's in a row? Even a stipulation change is still a change. BTW Cena isnt the only wrestler in the WWE, so the midcard could also change even if Cena and the same wrestler main event 3-4 ppvs in a row.

Yes I ignored the rare spike in ratings that a special episode gets and so does everyone else except you I guess. TV shows use their average to determine how well they are doing, not one episode. Series finales/Season finales almost always have a huge spike in ratings. There is a difference between losing fans and simply returning to you average viewership. If you drop 3 million below your average than there is a problem but if your Season Finale gets 11 million views and you drop back down to your average of 8 million next season than you are fine. This should be common sense.

How do you think episodes become "things people want to see?" Maybe because the show builds towards it? Nobody would have ever wanted to see Marshall and Lily get married if it wasn't already suggested that it was going to happen. So why are you acting as if the fans demanded it so the show made it happen? Thats not how tv shows work.

Also, I love how you ignored my last paragraph because you realized I was right and what you said was dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back