If Undertaker returns for RAW...

...then don't you think Smackdown gets a very undeserving treatment for Wrestlemania?

RAW will have on the show: Owens, Y2J, Reigns, Rollins, Lesnar, Goldberg, Triple H, Balor (possibly), Stroman, Zayn, Big Show, Shaq (there's so much advertisement going on for this match so it will most likely happen) AND The Undertaker

while SD will have: Cena, Ambrose, Styles, Wyatt, Orton, Ziggler and The Miz.

That's not even 3:2, it's more like 2:1 in terms of star power. Plus add the women of RAW who are bigger draws than those over at Smackdown.

I think we should wait and see, but Smackdown could end up in a very bad position.

PS: The people I mentioned are 20 and will, no matter what, bring us 6-7 matches, add in there women's matches and tag championship matches and it's already a full card. So I don't want to hear anything about NXT debuts.

That's why I think Undertaker should not stay on RAW. I was even thinking about Balor coming back for Smackdown, but that ain't happening, because it's illogical.

You're not wrong at all.

When looking at the top 6 matches on my predicted card, RAW has 5 of them... that's ridiculous. We all knew that just based off how the rosters are set up, RAW would have the stronger half of the card but this is way too extreme. Smackdown's really getting the you know what end of the stick and I don't believe for one second that it's not intentional but for the sake of looking like a crazy conspiracy theorist, I'll keep that one to myself.

Of course you do have the rumored Samoa Joe call-up and you would have to think he HAS to go to Smackdown, though I really wouldn't put it past them to call him up and put him on RAW. Regardless though, I don't think that helps out Smackdown too much, it obviously does to some extent as it gives them another big name to work with, but the balance of power on the card will still lean heavily in RAW's favor.

I have to agree and it's unfortunate because they had a real opportunity to hit the re-set button in terms of making these brands somewhat equal in talent and prominence. Having said that though...

SmackDown has been fantastic. At least I think so anyway. It's above and beyond 90% of what Raw is doing, and I don't think that means Raw is necessarily bad, but SmackDown is doing much better. That gives me hope that, regardless of the position SmackDown is in at WrestleMania, the matches they have and the product that comes out of WrestleMania for SmackDown is as good as it is now.

I know WWE isn't always one for logic, but what the hell was the reason for the Undertaker coming back to SmackDown, declaring it his home, only to go to Raw for WrestleMania? Raw will have Goldberg and Brock Lesnar, Triple H too. It will be simply too cluttered. To me, AJ Styles defending against Cena and Taker at WrestleMania is the perfect main event, but that's just a pipedream I guess.

Here's to hoping that Samoa Joe gets that rumoured call up to SmackDown I guess. And you're right, sending Finn Bálor to SmackDown is illogical. Not that I would complain if it led to say, I don't know, Bálor vs. AJ Styles...

This shouldn't really come as a surprise. Raw simply has a larger roster. We may yet see Undertaker return to Smackdown, but as things stand they seem to have moved him to Raw.

Most likely the move was made due to declining Raw ratings. Another possibility is they decided to put Undertaker against someone on Raw.

Roster size alone meant this was an inevitability. I think we'll have to wait and see. If big Smackdown wrestlers or titles are left off the show or relegated to the battle royal, then we'll know how they really feel about Smackdown.

Am I the only one who is a bit confused and wondering what the point of The Undertakers pre survivor series Smackdown return was?

Am I the only one who is a bit confused and wondering what the point of The Undertakers pre survivor series Smackdown return was?

Possibly start a feud with Styles for the Rumble, then feud with Cena. Plans probably changed, since Taker might not was able to hold two high paced matches between a 70-day period, so he will just compete in the Rumble.

Then plans might have changed a lot, and Cena vs Taker is not happening this year.

It's already been said that we shouldn't expect to see Taker in a title match at Mania, so he's just in the Rumble to stir up some shit and most likely we'll know at the end of it who his Mania opponent will be. Kind of a wasted space really as he's guaranteed a match and this spot could be taken by someone else. Enough star power in the Rumble already with Goldberg and Lesnar there.

Yes, Smackdown has been short changed so to speak, but I think that's part of the appeal. Simple stories. A lot of good wrestling. No reliance on part-timers, and pretty much everyone gets airtime and is used correctly. It's also not surprising Raw has gotten 'special treatment'. It is an hour longer and the A-show. Taker might actually return on Smackdown and set up a WrestleMania match with Styles or Cena (or maybe someone else). I don't really see any problems with this.

If we're going by his Survivor Series threat to Smackdown then the only reason for Undertaker to be in a title match at WrestleMania would be if his WrestleMania career was on the line against AJ Styles or John Cena.

This gives Styles or Cena the opportunity to not only end The Undertaker's WrestleMania career, but it gives The Undertaker a chance to compete a couple of times at Survivor Series before his retirement and making that PPV a bit more glamourous as Survivor Series has sort of lost it's way at times over the years.

I think that since Roman Reigns eliminated The Undertaker from the Royal Rumble, The Undertaker is going to be on Raw for sure. Raw already has Goldberg and Brock Lesnar for star power and adding Undertaker is just an icing on the cake.

Personally, I would've liked to see AJ Styles Vs. The Undertaker before Undertaker eventually retires. It has never happened until now and I wanted to see how these two could mesh up with each other's wrestling styles.

For now, Smackdown can depend on Cena and Styles for the star power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back