If the WHC was still active, who would be wearing it?

Who would be the current World Heavyweight Champion if the title wasn't retired???

• Alberto Del Rio

• Batista

• Bo Dallas

• Bray Wyatt

• Cesaro

• Chris Jericho

• Dolph Ziggler

• John Cena

• Kane

• The Miz

• Randy Orton

• Rusev

• Sheamus

• Triple H

• OTHER

Results are only viewable after voting.

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Who do you think would be the current World Heavyweight Champion?? It could be Sheamus or Miz as they've been pushed as the midcard champions. It could be Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns, as a World title could have easily legitimized them. It could also be Alberto Del Rio or Cesaro, and like that, they could have avoided them being lost in the shuffle.

My guess is that Cena would have retained the title against Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania, but he would have dropped it to him at Extreme Rules. Then, Bray would have beat Cena in their rematch at Payback and then moved onto a feud with Chris Jericho. And considering Jericho beat Bray at Battleground...

Your current World Heavyweight Champion would be Chris Jericho! Who would probably drop it back to Bray at SummerSlam, but this short Y2J title reign would be cool for nostalgia.

Do you think I'm right about how WWE would handle the World title or do you think someone else would be holding it??? Comment below.

Orton. Cena's boring counterpart.

I really hope they reinstate the WHC and give it to Sting, the man most synonymous with the belt for me. People can talk about Flair, but Sting was the guy who toppled Hogan for it in WCW's biggest pay-per-view of all time. He was "The Franchise" of WCW and the Big Gold Belt was their title.

I really think it would be Cesaro. He would've made the perfect World Champion once he joined up with Heyman and was on such a huge roll after winning the battle royal at WM30. I think Vince would've struck while the iron was hot and put the belt on him at Extreme Rules or Payback. If there were still 2 major championships in WWE, it would've given Cesaro something to do and no way would he be on this current losing streak. He'd still be getting booked strong.

If it had still been active at Wrestlemania then perhaps Cesaro, but more likely Wade Barrett.

The Bad News Barrett push would have seen him winning the WHC rather than the IC. He had the momentum to do it... they probably would have had him win it on the UK RAW from Cesaro or Sheamus.

As it is though his IC reign, albiet curtailed has done the job... when he returns they'll be able to move him up into contention, all it needs is a strong showing in the Rumble or #30...

There are alot of Names that would be pushing for that title...I think right now Sheamus,Ceasro,Miz,Wyatt,Jericho and Ziggler are the top name(BNB is hurt so he's not in there ut he would be), I still think 3 titles are the best route for the company imo.

I like how two people commented saying Cesaro but the poll says no one voted Cesaro xD

Anyway, my guess is Sheamus, they just love this guy for who knows what reason!? The only things I like about Sheamus is his theme song (lobster head, a careless man who wound up dead) and the fact he's really pale xD

I have no doubt that it would be Roman Reigns. He's being pushed through the roof right now and the only thing he doesn't have is the WWE WHC, because they don't want to give it to him too soon. Giving him the WHC would allow him to test the waters and eventually become WWE champion at a later date, once he's proved himself as WHC champion.

A couple of people suggesting Cesaro. I still think that they could have given him the IC title. With the right storylines and promo time it could be just as important as the WHC. But that's a topic for a different thread.

I said OTHER. When I say OTHER, I'm referring to Daniel Bryan.

The writers could have killed two birds with one stone. No unification title match at TLC or attempted sabotage of Bryan's character when they had him join The Wyatt Family. Instead, they could have had Punk join The Wyatt Family instead.

Also, they could have Cena give Bryan another title shot, this time for the WHC at TLC. Cena wins at TLC. However, he loses to Bryan in the rubber match at RR when The Wyatt Family interferes and costs Cena the title.

Cena vs. Bray still occurs at WM and they get to book Orton vs. Batista for the WWE Championship like they wanted.

Meanwhile, you could have Bryan defend the WHC at WM against HHH. Bryan beats HHH and goes into the summer facing the likes of Kane and Del Rio.

This is exactly why WWE NEEDS two top championships, and needs them to be EQUAL. There's way too much top talent for one belt, today you have main eventers with no storylines and nothing to do, because there's no prize for them to shoot for. WWE needs to bring back the Brand Extension, brand-exclusive PPV events, and keep them separate like they were in the beginning.

As for the vote, I went with Dolph Ziggler. WWE would have given him a do-over on last year and had him win MITB again, then become World Heavyweight Champion the same night. Last year Ziggler was THE most over guy on the roster, and if he hadn't gotten hurt, I believe the main events of WrestleMania would have been Randy Orton vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship, and Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship.

I have no doubt that it would be Roman Reigns.
I totally screwed up by not including him in the poll. Woops.

I picked Bray Wyatt because Cena was the last guy to hold the World title and there really wasn't anyone else for him to drop it to. If he was feuding with Bray Wyatt for Mania, it makes sense that he would drop it to Bray at Extreme Rules.

But I think Roman Reigns is the 2nd most realistic choice. They could have had Cena drop the title to Kane around Royal Rumble, so the Authority could have both World titles. Then continue the Kane/Punk feud for the title. If winning the title from Kane didn't tickle Punk's fancy and he walked away anyway, then I could see Kane dropping the title to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania.

DB and Roman both get their WrestleMania moments by toppling the Authority. We still get The Shield vs. Evolution at ER but with Roman's world title on the line. At Payback, we get Roman vs. Batista with Roman going over, and Seth turns on Roman the next night. By the time Seth wins Money in the Bank, it's etched in stone that Roman vs. Seth for the World title will be happening soon enough.

So yeah, Roman is a pretty solid pick and would have fit perfectly with current storylines.

This is exactly why WWE NEEDS two top championships, and needs them to be EQUAL. There's way too much top talent for one belt, today you have main eventers with no storylines and nothing to do, because there's no prize for them to shoot for. WWE needs to bring back the Brand Extension, brand-exclusive PPV events, and keep them separate like they were in the beginning.

As for the vote, I went with Dolph Ziggler. WWE would have given him a do-over on last year and had him win MITB again, then become World Heavyweight Champion the same night. Last year Ziggler was THE most over guy on the roster, and if he hadn't gotten hurt, I believe the main events of WrestleMania would have been Randy Orton vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship, and Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Besides Cena, bryan (injured) and Orton, wwe ain't got top legitimate full time "main event" talents. Promising young talents like reigns, rollins, wyatt, and cesaro are not ready for the mainevent scene and still working their way up. If you refer to (former) main eventers with no feud like sheamus, del rio, ryback, then i thank god they are not main eventing. These guys have been pushed times and times again and failed to go over.

If they never planned on unifying the belts, then Damien Sandow would have possibly cashed in right after RVD (hypothetically) won the belt from Del Rio last year. In place of Cena facing Del Rio, we would have had Sandow defending against RVD. Sandow would not have been in an Elimination Chamber and would have defended against someone like Dolph Ziggler. Then, at WM, he would lose the WHC to a big name like Punk or Sheamus. If Punk had been WHC, then he may have stayed with the company, and defended against Bray Wyatt, Sheamus, and/or Roman Reigns by now.

I liked the 2 world championships idea until they rightfully dropped the split brands as it could be used to test run someone for a future WWE title reign (Cesaro, Barrett, Wyatt, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose etc). Although I'm glad that the IC & US titles are getting more involvement the WHC has more legitimacy for guys like (Sheamus, Miz, Ziggler, ADR, RVD, Henry, Bigshow etc) and it was a way to give a sentimental title reigns to guys as a thank you for what they have given to the business and fans (Christian, Henry, Bigshow, Kane, Jericho, etc)

Back on the actual topic though I would say it would have been on Barrett or Wyatt for the post Mania run with either guy dropping it at Summerslam or NOC maybe.
the match could have been
Barrett (C) V Jericho (Barrett losing to his NXT mentor with Jericho retaining at NOC but the MITB winner cashes in to take the title from Jericho allowing Jericho to leave WWE again)
Or
Wyatt (C) V Reigns or Cesaro (Reigns/Cesaro could win the title and have a run as champion until Survivor Series or TLC as a kind of trial run before being handed the number 1 belt sometime in the following year)

I like the idea of Wyatt (C) V Sting at Summerslam with a similar concept to the Jericho Barrett suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back