If Sting was the leader of the nWo, would we have the crow Sting?

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Incase you don't know the story, before the Hogan turn happened at Bash At The Beach 96, it was gonna be Sting that turned on WCW and formed the nWo with Nash & Hall before Hogan showed up at the last minute and did it instead.

Another question I have is, would the surfer Sting look even work with the nWo gimmick?

Probably not.

I think it would have been cool if he joined the nWo and turned into the crow but the idea behind the Crow was like a loner savior, a person who is avenging what was taken from him so that "Crow" look completely fit into what Sting was during the nWo invasion in '96. It not only gave his character new life, it fit the situation perfectly.

Although a dark, crow like Sting would have been cool as a heel (assuming Sting could actually work well as a heel) I don't think it would have happened because it goes against what the Crow is in the first place.

No, as others have said it would have gone against the whole idea behind the Crow character.

Surfer Sting wouldnt have worked. Maybe he could have kept a similar style facepaint but just in Black and White to fit the nWo look and had a different attitude, or a totally different look.

I think it worked better with Hogan as the 3rd man. The Hulkster turning to the darkside had a bigger impact. Had Sting been the 3rd member, it would just have been the usual Hulk Hogan saves the day as a face storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back