If NXT were on Raw, you'd hate it

"industry analyst" is a fancy word for "smark who gets paid". Ever read the garbage Mark Madden rights on here? He's lucky there isn't more competition in the pro wrestling journalism field. It's the worst journalism. Meltzer makes Fox News look truthful.

My point isn't that Raw is perfect and NXT sucks, it's that the IWC, in general, shits on anything successful and loves anything "underground" in an attempt to be cool. It's stupid.

But there's also the other side of the coin, the polar opposites of the IWC marks: The shills who'll take whatever big steaming plate of whale vomit Vince serves up to them, snarfs it down, and then with a straight face try to tell everyone that it tastes like filet mignon.

It isn't so much as NXT is the better show, it is that RAW is booked so horribly and so predictably with roughly the same promos being cut by 95% of the roster makes it an inferior product to the IWC. IF Rollins, Ambrose, and Bryan were allotted the time that HHH gets every week on Raw the product would be 100% better. I am not saying HHH isn't fantastic on the mic more so that the open to the show for almost a year and a half with little break is boring and repetitive and takes away from everything the storyline is trying to build. NXT has fantastic workers who are allowed to come up with or at the very least have major input on their characters as well as a venue to fin tune their skills. Are there talented workers on NXT? Sure. Are there much more talkented and experienced players on Raw? Yes and yes. WWE needs to let go of the cookie cutter promos and creative staff and return to caring about what their fanbase wants. Until that happens, NXT will be a superior product on merit alone.

"industry analyst" is a fancy word for "smark who gets paid". Ever read the garbage Mark Madden rights on here? He's lucky there isn't more competition in the pro wrestling journalism field. It's the worst journalism. Meltzer makes Fox News look truthful.

My point isn't that Raw is perfect and NXT sucks, it's that the IWC, in general, shits on anything successful and loves anything "underground" in an attempt to be cool. It's stupid.

I meant like Jim Ross, and others. All laud NXT.

I understand your point better (and it isn't wrong) just in this instance, the "kool kidz" are on the right side, as NXT is a superior wrestling show on a weekly basis.

Why are people so harsh on successful product but open minded about less popular products?
The answer is quite simple: human psychology. :)

With less popular product you have less expectations and if it reaches it its all good. With more popular product expectations are greater and therefore they need more to reach it. So you mostly end up dissapointed with it because you have expected more. There are number of research that show that humans hapiness is determined by factor of choice. For example if someone has given you pants you would feel happy, but if you choose pants from store you would always feel that you had better options. So you see, with NXT you were given what was promised, OK promos and matches with development tallents. You dont expect more then that and you feel happy. With RAW you expect more even if they deliver because you would always have a feeling that they could do better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back