If Kofi is to be a main-eventer, this needs to happen

This argument relies on the premise that New Day can only be a comedy act and can never evolve beyond that. I know this thread predates past Tuesday, but this has proven to be inaccurate long before Smackdown. When the feud's been significant (which is admittedly not often), New Day has shown an edge beyond a cereal box schtick, most notably when feuding with the Usos.

And once more, if you don't remember yesteryear's moments (or have opted to ignore them because acknowledging them would mean less of the satisfying sound of your fingers on the keyboard), this past Tuesday demonstrated how effective New Day can be in supporting Kofi. A justly-angered New Day whoops half the tag divisions ask, then interrupts Vince to demand an opportunity for Kofi.

That segment with Vince is worth exploring further. Big E and Xavier were wonderful proxies of the fans. They were able to underline the support Kofi has from the crowd and demand a championship for him, which is something Kofi wouldn't have been able to do because it would have been perhaps a little petulant. All Kofi had to do was stare down Vince while the New Day was talking, and even disagree with E and Xavier when the time came, and say if he hasn't earned the opportunity then he wants to know exactly what he has to do so he will do it.

So, no, Kofi does not "have to" split from the New Day, as this trio has added an interesting dimension and real emotional layer to the story of Kofi's 11-year chase. If they can keep this level of creative writing up then I see no reason why Kofi "has to" leave the New Day.

Maybe he should, but that's not the argument.

I think Kofi could go out on his own, and you continue New Day, but replace Kofi with R-Truth. Truth's clueless "village idiot" gimmick would fit right in.

Or maybe have R-Truth and Xavier Woods form their own tag-team called "Truth & Consequences" (geddit).

I would have liked Kofi Kingston to have formed a tag-team with Booker T and they could be called "T & Kofi".

(I'll grab my coat)

I don't see it, especially with the way they are going about it. They are pushing him for a championship match that will be buried in the bottom of the mania card. I wouldn't be surprise if that match is the opener of wrestlemania.

The problem i have with kofi isn't with is performance because he's a great wrestler. The problem is that he's still doing the same old mid card act he's been doing for 11 years. If you want kofi to be perceive as a main eventer you really need to seperate him from the comedy act that the new day is. Big e and xavier are a great act but are holding kofi back.

Also, you need to put a big focus on his victory at mania if you don't want him to fail but with all the big matches that mania will have, his moment will fall through the crack, personally, i would do a slow build with him. I have somehow fail at mania, have him maybe blame the new day for his lost and do a friendly separation between the members maybe even keep him on smackdown and send big e and xavier to raw. Then have him win the mitb briefcase and continue to prove himself as a main event level wrestler and finally have him cash in at summerslam and win the title there where he won't have to compete for the spotlight with becky and seth.

If you do it now, he will go the same way as most of the midcard guys that won the wwe or universal title and go back to being a mid card guy and probably a tag guy after dropping the belt.

I think they have to put the belt on Kofi now at "Wrestlemania".

I am tipping that the WWE belt will be a Fatal-4-Way at "Wrestlemania" between Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens, Musafa Ali and Kofi Kingston.

I think they will have to pull the trigger on Kingston, as he is getting the type of hype Daniel Bryan got at WMXXX. If he leaves Wrestlemania not being champion, the post-Wrestlemania RAW the next night will be a nightmare.

I feel a bit sorry for Mustafa Ali, though. He was originally in the Chamber, and Kofi wasn't. Kofi replaced him, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ali was originally meant to be last with Bryan in the match, and would have got the hype Kofi got. I felt that Ali was who was originally planned for this storyline. I just hope Kofi spares a thought for Ali, and the "sliding doors" moment that allowed him to be in this position in the first place.

I'm kinda of feeling like it wouldn't be that bad if kofi doesn't win the belt at mania, mostly because of the positioning of the match. By the end of the night fans will have forgotten that moment since they will get 2 bigger moment with becky winning the raw women's championship and seth rollins finally taking the belt off lesnar that the kofi win or lost will be forgotten. But i do agree that kofi is getting the type of reaction that bryan was getting around mania 30, the difference is that in the end, bryan was being groom for the mania main event and kofi is being groom for the opener or a middle of the card match.

If they go with a 4 way, why not go with the story that he was about to win the title only to get screwed over by kevin owens. Owens is the champion and goes back to be the biggest heel in wwe for screwing kofi and kofi continue to chase the champion for a few months and you pull the trigger on his title reigns when he's the sole focus. If done right, they could get a even bigger pop for his title win.

I think that Kofi could be a main event guy. Give him a manager, someone like Titus. Split him from the New Day. What I think may happen at Mania is Big E & Woods will face The Usos for the tag titles and then they will lose. Later that night Kofi will beat Bryan and become champion. Big E & Woods will come out to celebrate, and then, suddenly Big E does the Big Ending on Kofi, and then you have Woods & Big E turn heels

I think they have to put the belt on Kofi now at "Wrestlemania".

I am tipping that the WWE belt will be a Fatal-4-Way at "Wrestlemania" between Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens, Musafa Ali and Kofi Kingston.

I think they will have to pull the trigger on Kingston, as he is getting the type of hype Daniel Bryan got at WMXXX. If he leaves Wrestlemania not being champion, the post-Wrestlemania RAW the next night will be a nightmare.

I feel a bit sorry for Mustafa Ali, though. He was originally in the Chamber, and Kofi wasn't. Kofi replaced him, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ali was originally meant to be last with Bryan in the match, and would have got the hype Kofi got. I felt that Ali was who was originally planned for this storyline. I just hope Kofi spares a thought for Ali, and the "sliding doors" moment that allowed him to be in this position in the first place.
If Kofi does not win at Mania and The New Day turns on him, he will ask for his rematch clause at Smackdown and then win the belt

I don't see it, especially with the way they are going about it. They are pushing him for a championship match that will be buried in the bottom of the mania card. I wouldn't be surprise if that match is the opener of wrestlemania.

The problem i have with kofi isn't with is performance because he's a great wrestler. The problem is that he's still doing the same old mid card act he's been doing for 11 years. If you want kofi to be perceive as a main eventer you really need to seperate him from the comedy act that the new day is. Big e and xavier are a great act but are holding kofi back.

Also, you need to put a big focus on his victory at mania if you don't want him to fail but with all the big matches that mania will have, his moment will fall through the crack, personally, i would do a slow build with him. I have somehow fail at mania, have him maybe blame the new day for his lost and do a friendly separation between the members maybe even keep him on smackdown and send big e and xavier to raw. Then have him win the mitb briefcase and continue to prove himself as a main event level wrestler and finally have him cash in at summerslam and win the title there where he won't have to compete for the spotlight with becky and seth.

If you do it now, he will go the same way as most of the midcard guys that won the wwe or universal title and go back to being a mid card guy and probably a tag guy after dropping the belt.
I am totally agreed with you. The New Day is holding Kofi back. I think that Woods & Big E will turn on Kofi if he does win at Mania. They can face the Usos for the tag titles then lose to the Usos. Later in that night Kofi wins the belt then they come out to celebrate and minutes later boom, Big E & Woods beat up Kofi. It is not a bad idea to have a manager for Kofi also

We are a bold bunch to assume New Day is played out while proposing the Best Hits of played out ideas.

Kofi needs to main event to be a main eventer.

He has more going for him right now than many in that position do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back