If Hemme hadn't won the original Diva Search...

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
For those of you who remember and actually cared about the diva's division back in 2004, one of the biggest things going was the ORIGINAL Raw Diva Search which lasted well over a month where Christy Hemme had won. But what do you think would've happened if the votes went the other way and Carmella DeCesare was signed instead?

For those that don't remember what this beauty looked like, shame on you. But still, here's a picture.

CarmellaDecesare_display_image.jpg

As far as I can remember, I do believe that even after Christy won the Diva Search, WWE had started a program with her and Carmella with all intentions of signing Carmella. But I have to wonder, if Carmella had won do you think that she could've had the same success as another former Playboy model and recently released, Maryse? Or do you believe that back then she would've just been another diva that came and went?

Personally, I would like to believe that if Carmella had won, she would've been used a lot like how Maryse was used... and they probably wouldn't have needed to do any more searches. Although that would suck too, because then Layla and Eve wouldn't have made it to WWE... and to be honest, I love watching them in the ring. But even still, sometimes I have to think that Carmella could've been something.

I think Christy might have been better off if she hadn't won the Diva Search. She had a lot going for her (she was HOT and she was willing to learn), but she got pushed too hard too fast. When Lita tore her ACL, Christy got thrust into a WrestleMania program she was nowhere near ready for. Her performance at WM 21 wasn't Jackie Gayda bad, but bad enough that she apologized to everyone afterwards.

If she hadn't won the Diva Search but was still signed, she would have been sent down to OVW, could have honed her skills better and could have come up when she was ready. Instead, she got tagged as someone who was all looks and nothing else.

Side note: I heard a rumor that part of why Christy got fired in 2005 was because she got involved with a married man who worked in the WWE offices. Anyone know if there's any truth to it?

First off kid. Carmella would have NEVER won. That chick was such a waste. I don't even know why she was IN the contest. Look back and watch her time on the Diva search.
Carmella has ZERO charisma, and has a very and ridiculous opinion of herself. And for the record no that wasn't her playing a "heel" (as I'm sure you'll try to say) she just sucks that much to begin with.
Could she have had the success? No chance in hell. Why? Because her ego would have gotten the best of her and she would have been BURIED. She didn't have the passion that the other Diva's had. You could see it in her eyes she was just there to be on TV.

And since you continue to run from every thread I find you in and point out your inability to read and comprehend things Stitch let me spell it out for you:
You have little to no knowledge of who would have been a GOOD talent for the WWE. Just because you enjoyed watching Carmella every week doesn't mean she would have been good. The only time she got a crowd reaction was when she faked her way across the mic. I had to mute it because of how terrible it was. She wouldn't have done well down south because as I said her ego would have gotten the best of her. She is one of those high maintenance bimbos that thinks they are better than they really are. Basically take Melina and multiply that by 500. There were many, many reports circulating at the time that Carmella DeCesare was in fact one of the most disliked people backstage because she felt that since she was dating a "Football icon" like Jeff Garcia that she deserved star treatment.

Not unlike a certain Mr. Otunga when he came in?

Whoever won that first Diva Search wouldn't have had a massive impact... They were not coming in as wrestlers, and that in itself turned a lot of the fans off right away. That people like Hemme, Layla etc eventually became better in the ring was no compensation for the drivel that the Diva Search displayed on our screens.

Long Term chrissy would have been better off had she not won!! She wasnt ready for the main event spot no knock on her just needed more in ring experience!! Shes hot as hell sexy and SEXY!!! I think WWE messed up big time when they let her go she is very valueable right now IMO!!!

Everything would've turned out exactly the same if Carmella had won instead of Hemme. All the losers got every chance to get a job with the WWE, especially Carmella. They shoved her down everyone's throats for weeks.

And the people saying Hemme would've been better off not winning, while she certainly struggled in the ring immediately after the contest ended, she recovered from that and it had little to do with her eventual departure from the company years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back