IC25's St. Patricks Day in Review

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
3:30 am, EST. Unable to sleep like every bratty, snot nosed fat kid on Christmas morning in the anticiaption of the hedonism that awaits, I awaken to shower and begin donning my St. Pats regalia - rugby polo from Dublin, Shamrock earrings. Nothing too obnoxious, commercial, or sponsored by a beer.

4:12 am. Eat breakfast with my fiancee, Becky. We got engaged on a trip in Ireland last July which I won last St. Patty's Day from radio station Q 104.3. She's wonderful. Konnan once asked me how much she charges. Clown.

4:38 am. Pick up my identical twin sisters, who turned 21 last Tuesday. First St. Pats with big brother, been looking forward to this for nearly a decade.

4:50 am. Park the car at the train station, buy tickets. Board the 5:00 am train bound for New York City. Ungodly hour.

6:12 am. After the switch off in Secaucus Junction, we arrive at Penn Station. Still smells like pee. Dash up the stairs, begin the walk from 34th and 7th to 47th and 5th - Connoly's Irish Pub for Kegs and Eggs with Jim Kerr and the Rock and Roll morning show.

6:32 am. Arrive at Connolly's. Right to the bar - shot of Jameson and a Guinness please. Shoot th whiskey, grab the beer, head over for the full (and free!) Irish Cuisine. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Tomatoes, Potatoes and vinegar, blood pudding, bread. Awesome, as always.

7:11 am. Meet up with Q 104.3 DJ Jim Kerr in the hallway, tell him the story of last year's Ireland trip and getting engaged. He asks me to come up front in 10 minutes.

7:22 am. Sit next to Jim and Shelly Sundstein, broadcasting live, telling my story on Q 104.3. I actually got to do an interview with Jim and Shelly. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Did anyone hear it?

7:55 am. Along side 10 friends, enter this year's Ireland raffle. Wondering how crazy it'd be if I won again, I assured all 10 of my friends that ONE of us would win the trip. Have to keep it in the family.

8:35 am. FDNY pipes and drums play. Always cool.

9:00 am. Ireland trip winner announce - my friend Jon! Trip to Ireland stays in the family. He says I conjured it up by divine intervention, I avoid the question.

9:27 am. Leave Connolly's after celebratory 6th drink (1 shot, 5 beers) and a great talk with some of the guys from the FDNY. Amazing people. Head to Langans, where things get wierd.

9:47 am. Order first round at Langans - my best friend Sean offered to buy. No objections from the gallery. Bar tender informs us that a gentleman named Tom Moran has opened a tab and is purchasing drinks for the entire bar until further notice. Who is Tom Moran, you ask?

Volunteer of the Year: Tom Moran, President & CEO, Mutual of America

Tom Moran has been involved with United Way since 1994 and in that time has been a powerful force of leadership for the organization and a truly outstanding volunteer. Mr. Moran serves as Vice Chair for the Board of Directors and Chair of the Alexis de Tocqueville Society, reaching out to community investors who are interested in making a large financial commitment to community issues and causes. "This year, Mr. Moran helped increased Board contributions by 208 percent," added Mr. Mandell. "His energy and devotion to United Way and to the community at large is an inspiration."

FYI, Mutual of America is a $7 billion / year company. Tom has also been placed in charge of the US's involvement in peace talks in Northern Ireland. We had NO IDEA at the time that we were drinking with a billionaire - and have pictures with him - but we were.

FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS! Final tab for the bar, over $5,000. End result for us? Drunk.

10:58 am. With Tom's tab closed, we stumble from Langans to see the parade. Nice day outside!

11:58 am. Parade is shit. Time for lunch.

12:22 pm. Arrive at "The Joshua Tree" for lunch. Barely noon I am double digits in drinks. Oh man. Lunch sucks. No Sheppard's Pie. Guinness Beef Stew tasted terrible. Soda bread was ok, but it soaked up the beer.

2:05 pm. Finally leave The Joshua Tree, head...somewhere else. I forget.

4:30 pm. Head to Hamilton's pub. We always go there around this time, too tired to drink or talk, and just sit around pounding free water until the kick us out.

5:17 pm. They kick us out.

5:18 pm. We decide to head back up to Times Square for our 7:00 pm concert featuring Irish Rock Band Black 47.

5:54 pm. Sit at BB King's Bar and Grill. Front row seats. Order drinks and dinner, watch another bag pipe group play. Opening act on too long.

7:51 pm. Black 47 hits the stage, we are down front and center. Crowd is hot, pops huge. Band starts.

8:20 pm. Three songs in, a drunken asshole frat boy starts trying to pick fights with ANYONE. Claping in one kids ear, smacking him in the back of the head for no reason with his girlfriend right there. His elbow comes too close to my face, I push it away and tell him to stop. He flips and starts cursing at me. Here we go.

8:21 pm. His buddy jumps in, apologizes to me for his friend's BS behavior. Frat boy jumps towards me, but his friend holds him back. Not sure why this guy is doing this, other tan drunken frat boy garbage. While his friend holds him back, I have to hold my fiancee back, who is about to swing on this guy. (She's AWESOME.) Frat boy's friend apologizes again, I tell him we're cool.

8:24 pm. We leave the front of the stage area so not to be on guard from a blindside punch while trying to enjoy the show. I have still never thrown a punch in my life. I wonder how much damage I'd do if I did. Let's not find out.

9:05 pm. Set ends. Amazing. We leave for Penn Station, trying to ignore the drunks on the train. Myself, my fiancee, and my sisters are the only 4 remaining. We are all 100% sober. Great time.

I will try to post pics later in the week.

IC25

IC25 = all around better person than Mighty NorCal.

I wouldve KILLED that kid. Literally killed him, cut off his air supply until he no longer existed. I fucking HATE bullies.

Glad you had such an awesome time bro.

holy shit its St Patricks day

I just had baseball practice and played basketball for the rest of the day

happy day folks

IC25 = all around better person than Mighty NorCal.

I wouldve KILLED that kid. Literally killed him, cut off his air supply until he no longer existed. I fucking HATE bullies.

Glad you had such an awesome time bro.

I appreciate the kinds words man. Seriously, I am a very non-violent person. I am also not small, so often times the prospect of me in a fight is enough to make someone else back off. This kid was half my size and drunk beyond recognition - he had no clue that he'd have gotten his back snapped like a twig. It's just not my style. I will reserve fighting for times it is needed.

BTW, almost forgot - final tally was 2 shots, 3 Irish-Coffees, and 11 beers. 16 drinks...not too shabby.

I appreciate the kinds words man. Seriously, I am a very non-violent person. I am also not small, so often times the prospect of me in a fight is enough to make someone else back off. This kid was half my size and drunk beyond recognition - he had no clue that he'd have gotten his back snapped like a twig. It's just not my style. I will reserve fighting for times it is needed.

BTW, almost forgot - final tally was 2 shots, 3 Irish-Coffees, and 11 beers. 16 drinks...not too shabby.

quite the tally actually I only put down like 2 beers today it was chill I think Ill put down some shots right now Im not sure though

yea the same goes for me, as far as being large and not ever having anyone start shit with me. The only times ive ever been violents was interveining in situations.

The last one was a small latino guy getting very liberal with a drunk girl at a packed club. I promptly did an FU type maneuver on him, and then was promptly tackled and subdued by multiple bouncers. FACT.

When facing the prospect of fighting a group of people, pick the smallest guy and throw him, onto his head if at all possible. It makes the rest of the group have to really consider if their cause is worth being ******ed for the rest of life. Another helpful tip from Mighty NorCal.

yea the same goes for me, as far as being large and not ever having anyone start shit with me. The only times ive ever been violents was interveining in situations.

The last one was a small latino guy getting very liberal with a drunk girl at a packed club. I promptly did an FU type maneuver on him, and then was promptly tackled and subdued by multiple bouncers. FACT.

When facing the prospect of fighting a group of people, pick the smallest guy and throw him, onto his head if at all possible. It makes the rest of the group have to really consider if their cause is worth being ******ed for the rest of life. Another helpful tip from Mighty NorCal.

It's genious

works too. becuase generally anyone who is going to have to fight as part of a group against one, has very low character. If you have low character, you will not want to fight anymore after you just saw your homeboy get dumped on his melon.

FACT

there is shit 100X crazier thatll be in it too LOL.

Anyways, my IC25 day in reveiw

Slept til like 4ish, when my bro's repeated phone calls wouldnt allow sleep anymore. Went to his place and played NCAA football on xbox 360 for about 4 hours, accompanied by a slurpee. came home, wtahced RAW, playing SVR now. No drinkin, as I do not drink. Pretty damn good, chill day.

Slept til like 4ish, when my bro's repeated phone calls wouldnt allow sleep anymore. Went to his place and played NCAA football on xbox 360 for about 4 hours, accompanied by a slurpee. came home, wtahced RAW, playing SVR now. No drinkin, as I do not drink. Pretty damn good, chill day.

i just got done with that

wrecked it

what i really like to do tho is export my draft classes from ncaa to madden
got early doucet one year
malcolm kelly the next, dudes a beast comes into the league at 90 overall

my team needed WR's bad haha

really? didnt know you could team up on madden. And the lack of create a team on NCAA is absurdly annoying. Especially with the new recruiting system, its like taylor made for bringin up a low level piss ant create a team (my absolute favorite thing to do on the old Xbox ones)

Surprisingly your day didn't sound too far off from mine.

Woke up way too early (6:30a.m.) shaved, somehow managed to get on the internet before getting a shower. (not sure about that) Made a couple phone calls regarding the writing job. Ended up spending most the day (on the net) talking to a couple people. Finally showered. Played some Madden. :disappointed: I'm 1-3 in week 5 of the 2008-09 season, this is horrible.

Started watching Raw, fell asleep during it. Woke up to see Cena and Orton actually working together, thought I was still dreaming until I noticed Cena owning the Raw roster. Ate something, played another round of Madden. (to earn my 3rd lose in the 1-3 record) Now I'm here, and somehow magically tired. I think I'm going to bed.

No, I didn't drink. I don't drink. No, I didn't wear green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back