• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IC title News: Punk's Opponent and Feud/Storyline

MaskedKane

Dark Match Jobber
-
There is some talk within WWE about pairing WWE Intercontinental Champion CM Punk up with RAW Diva Kelly Kelly. The two would be involved in a feud with Kane, which makes sense as it would give the two something for WrestleMania 25.

Furthermore, upcoming WWE live event line-ups have Kane and Punk wrestling for the IC Title.
i'd be psyched for this! I've been waiting for Kane to make use of himself, and chasing the IC title oughta do it! It makes sense sense the Kelly Kelly/Kane thing is still technically happening. But how are they gonna have an IC match when Punk is in the MitB match? :headscratch:

With Punk in the MitB match all they have to do is put Kane in it too, have Kane be the direct cause for Punk not winning the match and you have the beginning of a feud that could not only give Kane meaning again, but helps begin the rebirth of honor for the IC title.

Good stuff. I would love to see a Punk/Kane storyline. Get Kane in the MITB match, screw Punk over. Boom, sets the feud up. And maybe, just maybe this brings some juice back into the IC title.

I don't see a reason for Kelly to be involved. They've ignored anything between her and Kane for months now, so that storyline is out the window.

Kane vs. Punk is a match we've seen enough, too. I'd much rather see Punk be without a feud until after the draft, where things could shake up and give us something like Punk/Kendrick, Punk/Shelton, or even Punk/Burchill. Kane would just end up jobbing to Punk for the next few weeks outside of a "merciless oh-so-predictable beat down" and a few tag team matches with people like Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry lol.

Of course, if I had it my way, I'd like to see The Miz win the IC title off of Punk eventually, but I'd rather them keep the IC title on Punk until around May to help give it a bit of a foothold instead of playing hot potato like they did with Kofi/Santino/Regal/Punk.

As much as I like CM Punk as he is a good wrestler and has good mic skills, I'm just sick and tired of him being shoved down my throat this year. First it was MITB which I was happy about, then WHC which I knew was going to happen obviously, then the WTTC which I thought was a little much and now the IC Title and to be honest I just got tired of seeing him win everything in less than a year. I think putting him a feud with Kane and Kane potentially winning it would be good for the IC title as it would bring some prestige to it. Especially if they build the feud up that actually lasts longer than a month.

Punk and Kane is fine but why Kelly? She and Kane's story was weeks ago and is over. Kane needs a feud for awhile and putting the title on him would be fine. Both guys are former world champions so it would make the IC belt look more important. There's no need to have her in this though. What does she serve? It's not like the two of these guys need a lot of help in putting on a solid match. Let those two just get in the ring and do it. They'll be fine.

CM Punk/Kane would be a decent feud but it doesn't need to involve Kelly Kelly. I don't know if it would last long after Wrestlemania as I would rather see him feud with Mike Knox but who knows. Punk needs to have a good five to six month reign so the IC title can be built up more.

I doubt you see Kelly Kelly. Punk is way over he doesn't need a diva. Kane isn't a good story because it looks stupid when CM tries the GTS on the bigger guys. And whoever said loose it to MIZ IS INSANE! Morrison needs to ditch the MIZ and MIZ needs to go back to the Inferno challenges. Miz has no skills but on a mic and as you can see mic skills won't get you too far.(see christian great on mic and ring but will probably win ecw belt, i'd rather win the European title!

Now that I think about it Kane should win the MITB match, cause I think he could still be a world championship contender, maybee If Cena moves to Smackdown, which im sure he will and become champion again over there Kane could cash in the money in the bank on Cena after he has a really tough match with someone like The Undertaker.

I doubt you see Kelly Kelly. Punk is way over he doesn't need a diva. Kane isn't a good story because it looks stupid when CM tries the GTS on the bigger guys. And whoever said loose it to MIZ IS INSANE! Morrison needs to ditch the MIZ and MIZ needs to go back to the Inferno challenges. Miz has no skills but on a mic and as you can see mic skills won't get you too far.(see christian great on mic and ring but will probably win ecw belt, i'd rather win the European title!

I dont know why people put down Christian so much, he had a really good match with Swagger tonight on ECW for the title, it was the best match i've seen on ECW in a while, but I know thats not saying much.

I don't think this would be the best idea. The Kane/Kelly story was dropped after only a couple weeks, and that was months ago. Aside from that, Kane is little more than a jobber at this point and the IC title wouldn't help anything. Not to mention, we've seen these two have matches in the past and it's nothing special.
I'd much rather see Punk feud with some up and comer. While Morrison or Miz would be ideal, they are tag champs and might be in a unification match at Mania, so I don't think it'll be them. So my pick would be Mike Knox. He's definitely come along nicely lately and is the newest monster heel on Raw. I'd like to see him in a proper storyline and he's good in the ring so he could pull off a program with Punk until Mania and the ensuing draft where we could get some fresh faces inserted into the IC title mix.

I don't think this would be the best idea. The Kane/Kelly story was dropped after only a couple weeks, and that was months ago. Aside from that, Kane is little more than a jobber at this point and the IC title wouldn't help anything. Not to mention, we've seen these two have matches in the past and it's nothing special.
I'd much rather see Punk feud with some up and comer. While Morrison or Miz would be ideal, they are tag champs and might be in a unification match at Mania, so I don't think it'll be them. So my pick would be Mike Knox. He's definitely come along nicely lately and is the newest monster heel on Raw. I'd like to see him in a proper storyline and he's good in the ring so he could pull off a program with Punk until Mania and the ensuing draft where we could get some fresh faces inserted into the IC title mix.

I hate that everyone so loosely throws around the word jobber. Kane is not a jobber. Losing matches does not make you a jobber. A jobber is a guy who is basically hired for one night to lose. Call them the loser of the match, call them on the wrong side of management, but a contracted superstar is NOT a jobber. Marty Gardner - jobber. Kane - contracted superstar who can't catch a break. But you know what, he probably doesn't mind. I like the idea of him going into a feud with CM Punk for the IC Title. We were all happy to see him win the ECW title at Wrestlemania last year, I thought it was cool to see it live, and a Kane-Punk program would work coming out of Mania. They have worked well before on ECW and on Raw, so I think an actual feud between the two would be nice.

I'm all for the Kane v. Punk feud, but I agree with the masses in wondering why Kelly's involved. The pair-up of them on TV would look nice, but there's no reason to re-hash the storyline.

I'm a long-time Kane fan, and would love to see him holding a title again. Having the IC Title go from Punk to Kane would definitely be a good move for the belt, and would give it a chance to be defended at WrestleMania. Kane can also feud with a number of faces that Punk can't feud with.

The first one that comes to mind would be Kane v. Kofi. Kofi beat Kane for the spot in the chamber match, and it would be good for a few matches. There's also Rey, but we've seen that feud go nowhere. Once the draft happens, I think we'll have a better idea of where the IC title is heading.

I really don't see Punk v. Kane as an interesting match up. However, if they are going to do it, they should do it right. There are alot of unfinished storylines wrapped up in this possible fued that could be neatly tied up.

First of all, we have the Punk/Kelly saga that began back at the start of ECW. Remember when Kelly was in love with Punk? She followed him around, flirted with him constantly and even dressed like him for Halloween. They carried on this storyline for months and then dropped it like it was never happening. If the storyline touches on any of this, then a Punk/Kelly union would make complete sense.

Secondly, the Kane/Kelly storyline was run a few weeks consecutively on RAW. Kane was in love with Kelly, but she had a one night stand with Randy Orton (completely random, but whatever). Then all of sudden, that storyline came to an abrupt halt.

The possibility exists to make this a decent storyline, however, the WWE needs to make sure they tie up all loose ends to pull it off successfully.

Sure, they haven't really done Kane vs Punk before, but it might not be so bad if Punk carries the match.

But I'f only be really interested if we were to believe Kane actually has a chance of winning the title and coming out on top of the feud. Maybe if they have some sort of epic match at Backlash in which Kane comes very close to winning. And maybe if they put the title on Kane for a month or so and Punk takes it back, that would make the feud more interesting.
But I guess we'll see.

It would be interesting to see, better than Kane vs Rey I think. Maybe they can put Kane in MITB and build the feud for after WrestleMania. If it kills two birds with p be stone (brings credibility to the IC title and Kane) then I think it would be a good idea. I'm just saying.

This could be interesting as didnt Punk and Kelly have a real life releationship? Kane needs a good feud to continue to be taken seriously as a monster type character and giving him the IC title could potentionally bring it back some prestige and new interesting fueds, especially after the draft.

I agree it doesnt make most sense for Kane to be involved in the Kellyx2 angle especially after it was dropped after 2 weeks, but im interested in seeing how and why Kanes gonna insert himself into this situation. The problem with Kane is most of his angles fizzle out after a few weeks as (im guessing) the WWE doesnt have much faith in him.

I think this is a great idea as both Punk and Kane need something to sink their teeth into.

Punk and Kane have wrestled a few times and they had an entertaining match on ECW when Kane was champ but they haven't been involved in a proper feud.

This could re-establish Kane as a monster heel and also make the IC belt worth a damn again. So yeh I'm all for this concept but not too sure bout KellyKelly being involved...but who knows? maybe it could work. Maybe with Punk and Kane being involved in MITB at 'Mania something will happen to kickstart a feud. We'll have to see how this pans out....

cm punk should def defend his title at mania. they should have the IC title and briefcase hanging down for the ladder match. But if he should retain it sumhow then theres a few suitable candidates who would fit the scene

MVP
JBL
carlito
john morrison
jeff hardy
Mr Kennedy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members