• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IBT "Cena to defeat Lesnar at Royal Rumble as Lesnar plans exit"

What "dream match" do you want to see main event WrestleMania 31

• Lesnar vs Reigns (Cena will be there)

• I want to see Cena vs Reigns

• Neither,I want to see Lesnar & Cena retire and let the future have that

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
IBT: John Cena and Brock Lesnar is being billed as their final battle.

"With Cena chasing his elusive 16th world championship reign, part of the intrigue of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view is whether Cena will be successful in his final attempt to capture a world title for now," states Bleacher Report.

But is the outcome already decided?

Rumours suggest that Lesnar won't be hanging around at WWE for too long. Reportedly, he is planning his exit in the coming months - as a result John Cena is expected to be the sureshot winner of the eagerly awaited match.

According to IBT India, Lesnar's contract will expire in early 2015 soon after WrestleMania 31 and the WWE execs may then want Cena to be in the limelight.

Apparently the network is said to have instructed the merchandise department to stop manufacturing materials for Lesnar.

Other rumours circulating the web also state that while Cena will defeat Lesnar in the Royal Rumble match, the duo will face each other again in WrestleMania 31.

It remains to be seen how things unfold following the World Heavyweight Championship match in 2015.

I don't think Cena should win in all honesty. Both matches are considered dream matches. But wouldn't it makes sense to have Reigns def. Lesnar for the belt. If not then what would be the point of his reign of dominance this year if not to put a new star over. Why put someone who is already a legend and establishes star over. Besides, Cena will be there and Lesnar won't. You can always have Reigns and Cena face at at WrestleMania 32 ,and have a rematch at WrestleMania 33.

Given people are complaining about Roman Reigns all over the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE were to go ahead with this Main Event, regardless of its staleness and give Reigns another year of strong booking with a view to Mania 32.

Is it ideal? Not at all.
Personally,IF Lesnar is going to be leaving post-Mania 31, then I'd rather he Not be in the Main Event and maybe a Cena win at the Rumble would be the best option going forward, not to mention it would help make the Main Event of Mania 31 a bit more unpredictable than If Lesnar is in it and is also slated to leave thus giving a guarantee that he would be going out the loser.

my dream match is a heel Cena defeating a face Lesnar and then having Cena as a heel champion

I think the WWE has great fear that turning Cena will seriously hurt merchandise sales and impact the publicity they get from his Make A Wish work. They put themselves in box like the PGA and Tiger Woods. They focused their whole promotion on one guy and when he's not there they have to scramble because they never built the next guy up to fill that role.

Maybe someone got a case of deja vu and rewatched WrestleMania 20? Anybody else remember how shamefully bad Goldberg/Lesnar was because they were both headed out and neither one gave a shit? Even as a fan of Lesnar I think he should have been blacklisted from ever appearing on another Mania card. And yeah, I do know how fuckin stupid it is to keep a big name draw off the card at WrestleMania out of spite, so don't bother asking.

Do the right thing, WWE. Give it to Cena, or Rollins, or whoever floats your boat. End this abysmal title reign in January and give us a good wrestling show for Mania.

It's not impossible. In the grand scheme of things with the way the lay of the land is looking right now, I might be more inclined with Cena vs. Reigns than Reigns vs. Lesnar. From a purely selfish point of view, I'd personally prefer seeing two guys who bust their asses year round for the WWE in the main event at WrestleMania XXXI rather than a high priced mercenary who doesn't really give a shit either way as long as he gets paid.

However, in my opinion, Roman Reigns isn't nearly ready for the spot. If a report from last week is accurate, there are quite a few in WWE that have that opinion as well. IF the reports is accurate and a majority of fans don't think he's ready, then I don't think Reigns will benefit in the long run from Vince McMahon attempting to jam a super push for Reigns' down everyone's throat. As we saw with the alleged Orton vs. Batista WM main event plans, if enough fans rage against it, then even Vince will admit defeat no matter how much it might go against what he personally wants. The alternative is risking leaving a ton of money laying on the table and having a hostile crowd hijacking the biggest show of the year.

At the same time, however, I don't think Cena wins at the Royal Rumble. Given the momentous fact that Lesnar cleanly defeated The Undertaker, ending the streak and what had become a highly anticipated WrestleMania tradition, I don't see Lesnar losing the strap until WrestleMania itself. While the Rumble has been the 2nd biggest show of the year in terms of buys, it's still not the grandest stage of them all in pro wrestling. While I can understand and even agree with the sentiments of wanting WWE to get the title off Lesnar, it would also seem a bit anti-climatic for that to happen prior to the biggest show of the year. Vince has painted WWE into a corner with the decision to keep the title on Lesnar, yet it's a risk that could pay off with a lot of WWE Network subscriptions. During WrestleMania week this year, the network gained 495,000 subscriptions, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vince is hoping for the same thing to happen next year. My guess, and that's all it is, is Vince thinks that he has a better chance of seeing a jacked up number of subscriptions for WrestleMania XXXI with Lesnar as champ.

If Cena is indeed booked in to beat Brock, then I honestly don't know how he can be booked in for future world title matches after his 16th reign ends. Unlike some previous years, the WWE finally has some new candidates for the main event of WM.

In one corner you have WWE's most preferred choice in Roman Reigns, who many claim is not ready. In the other corner you have crowd favorites Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose. Then you also have the unrealistic option of believing Daniel Bryan could possibly be ready by the Royal Rumble, which in hindsight is what everybody would want.

The WWE has taken risks before and many have been costly, but in my opinion this is a risk worth taking instead of giving us John Cena yet again.

Many good points made so far. Personally, the last thing I want to see is Cena win (again). However, after seeing Brock walk out on Raw last Monday, it was obvious that he had shed some weight, and is looking to go back to UFC. That being said, WWE has to do (pardon the pun) what's best for business, and that is getting the title off of Brock, which most likely means Cena will be the one to take it going into WM season. However, this may be a nice swerve:

At the Royal Rumble, the Heavyweight title match goes on before the actual RR match. Cena defeats Brock for the title, but Brock messes up Cena after he does the whole jump on the turnbuckle, point at the WM sign, etc. Then, Rollins' music hits, and he runs down, curb stomps Cena, and wins the title. This allows Cena to be in the RR match (somewhere in the early 20's), and have Orton return (somewhere in the late 20's). Maybe Lesnar even beats up someone and takes their #, the options are endless. The final 5 could be Orton, Cena, Lesnar, Reigns, and Rusev (I'm assuming DB won't be healthy enough to come back). I'd like to see Cena toss Rusev, Lesnar tosses Reigns, and maybe while Cena and Lesnar go at it, Orton sneaks in and eliminates them both. This opens things up for WM season, with possible matches being:

WWE title: *Rollins (c.) vs. Orton
*Cena vs. Lesnar (special attraction match)
or:
US title: *Cena vs. Rusev
or:
*Lesnar vs. Reigns (Lesnar gets the rub on Lesnar's way out)

Sorry for the novel. Thoughts?

Think how the crowd turned on The Rock at Summerslam 2002 after the news came out he was leaving for Hollywood after the PPV.

So what if somebody within the WWE leaks the news before the Reigns/Brock match and the crowd buys into Reigns?

Think how the crowd turned on The Rock at Summerslam 2002 after the news came out he was leaving for Hollywood after the PPV.

So what if somebody within the WWE leaks the news before the Reigns/Brock match and the crowd buys into Reigns?

That's a good point. Although Reigns has gotten some pretty decent pops since his return, what if the universe really starts to feel as if the WWE is pushing Reigns down our throats and start to turn on him? (most people will feel this is already happening) The news could break out that Lesnar will be leaving, then it could possibly turn out to be a Goldberg vs Lesnar 2.0 match at WM. Even though Reigns will be there the next night, it's imperative I believe that WWE ensures they keep the lid on Lesnar's future plans at all costs. The result could be a main event which a lot of people could give two shits about.

I'm trying to look at the answers above and see sense in any of them, but I can't.

1) Reigns vs Lesnar - being honest, Reigns has cooled off massively now and may not get his massive push. I can't see him winning the Rumble any more. At first I could, but now...I honestly cannot see it. Ambrose would easily be the better option for the winner of that match, given his current situation with fans.

2) Lesnar vs Cena - AGAIN?! Not one of their matches can be labelled as "great". Each one has been either shocking, or shocking. Shocking as per, "wow what a strange move, burying Cena completely" or shocking as in "That match was shocking." Wrestlemania CANNOT be headlined by that - besides, you CAN'T bill this as "The FINAL battle" then have them do war again. Well then again...we did have Rock vs Cena II and Rock/Cena was "once in a lifetime..."

3) Cena AND Lesnar retire?! Cena has years to go yet and Lesnar...if he leaves, I won't be surprised. He signed on for 3 years, he's done his 3 years, let him move on. He's probably feeling like he wants to go back to UFC because Punk's gone there.

4) Makes most sense. None of the above. I can honestly see Rollins cashing in at Royal Rumble. Cena wins, gets beaten the stuffing out of. Takes another F5, and is out cold. Out comes Rollins and cashes in. Now the large part of me would want Ambrose to live up to his promise and attempt to stop Rollins, only to get taken out by whoever wants Ambrose for Mania. Either way, Rollins vs Cena seems logical. HOWEVER one last thought. Could we have a SHIELD triple threat?

Reigns wins the Rumble.
Ambrose wins the title just prior to Mania.
Rollins cashes in.

We never got an official implosion triple threat match...just saying is all...

I'm trying to look at the answers above and see sense in any of them, but I can't.

1) Reigns vs Lesnar - being honest, Reigns has cooled off massively now and may not get his massive push. I can't see him winning the Rumble any more. At first I could, but now...I honestly cannot see it. Ambrose would easily be the better option for the winner of that match, given his current situation with fans.

2) Lesnar vs Cena - AGAIN?! Not one of their matches can be labelled as "great". Each one has been either shocking, or shocking. Shocking as per, "wow what a strange move, burying Cena completely" or shocking as in "That match was shocking." Wrestlemania CANNOT be headlined by that - besides, you CAN'T bill this as "The FINAL battle" then have them do war again. Well then again...we did have Rock vs Cena II and Rock/Cena was "once in a lifetime..."

3) Cena AND Lesnar retire?! Cena has years to go yet and Lesnar...if he leaves, I won't be surprised. He signed on for 3 years, he's done his 3 years, let him move on. He's probably feeling like he wants to go back to UFC because Punk's gone there.

4) Makes most sense. None of the above. I can honestly see Rollins cashing in at Royal Rumble. Cena wins, gets beaten the stuffing out of. Takes another F5, and is out cold. Out comes Rollins and cashes in. Now the large part of me would want Ambrose to live up to his promise and attempt to stop Rollins, only to get taken out by whoever wants Ambrose for Mania. Either way, Rollins vs Cena seems logical. HOWEVER one last thought. Could we have a SHIELD triple threat?

Reigns wins the Rumble.
Ambrose wins the title just prior to Mania.
Rollins cashes in.

We never got an official implosion triple threat match...just saying is all...

As big as people seem to think the Shield were or the 3 guys as singles...they aren't big enough to headline a Mania event without an established name alongside them.
A 3-way would be better off as a headliner for SummerSlam instead, when hopefully all 3 guys would have made an actual impression at Mania itself. Remember, the Shield basically had a meaningless squash match at Mania 30, thus neither of them would have actually made much of a big impression.

I'd argue that Bray Wyatt, who is rumoured for a match with Taker, actually does have some rep given he faced Cena at the last WrestleMania event and thus people would have noticed him more than the Shield.

Ambrose would need some really strong booking to go after the title as he has yet to actually win a feud and he doesn't quite have as much momentum as he had in the feud with Rollins, regardless of what people seem to think, he has definitely cooled off a bit during this Wyatt feud. He Can indeed be built back up, but it will have to start from the Rumble itself,lMO.
I just think that Wyatt is going to be winning this feud with Ambrose by the actual end of it, especially if Taker is indeed on the horizon for him.

I'd put Ambrose and Roman at around the same level of overness at this time, with Roman having the attention of the casuals moreso, whilst Ambrose has the smarks behind him.

As big as people seem to think the Shield were or the 3 guys as singles...they aren't big enough to headline a Mania event without an established name alongside them.
A 3-way would be better off as a headliner for SummerSlam instead, when hopefully all 3 guys would have made an actual impression at Mania itself. Remember, the Shield basically had a meaningless squash match at Mania 30, thus neither of them would have actually made much of a big impression.

I'd argue that Bray Wyatt, who is rumoured for a match with Taker, actually does have some rep given he faced Cena at the last WrestleMania event and thus people would have noticed him more than the Shield.

Ambrose would need some really strong booking to go after the title as he has yet to actually win a feud and he doesn't quite have as much momentum as he had in the feud with Rollins, regardless of what people seem to think, he has definitely cooled off a bit during this Wyatt feud. He Can indeed be built back up, but it will have to start from the Rumble itself,lMO.
I just think that Wyatt is going to be winning this feud with Ambrose by the actual end of it, especially if Taker is indeed on the horizon for him.

I'd put Ambrose and Roman at around the same level of overness at this time, with Roman having the attention of the casuals moreso, whilst Ambrose has the smarks behind him.

'Twas more of a passing thought that got written down, although I see where you're coming from in terms of "right time, right place." Mania, perhaps not the right time or place for that brand of match.

My mind tells me it'll likely be Cena vs Reigns for the WWE WHC. I cannot see Wyatt facing anyone but Taker at this point, despite it not being announced or even hinted towards. It just seems to, to my mind at least, make a mocum of sense.

As a mark for all 3, I would like to see an implosion triple threat but cannot actually see it happening. A novel idea at best. My main idea was actually thinking along the lines of Rollins as champ vs Cena at Mania. I could see that happening logically. I just got sidetracked by my wondering mind.

'Twas more of a passing thought that got written down, although I see where you're coming from in terms of "right time, right place." Mania, perhaps not the right time or place for that brand of match.

My mind tells me it'll likely be Cena vs Reigns for the WWE WHC. I cannot see Wyatt facing anyone but Taker at this point, despite it not being announced or even hinted towards. It just seems to, to my mind at least, make a mocum of sense.

As a mark for all 3, I would like to see an implosion triple threat but cannot actually see it happening. A novel idea at best. My main idea was actually thinking along the lines of Rollins as champ vs Cena at Mania. I could see that happening logically. I just got sidetracked by my wondering mind.

I do get where you're coming from, and like you, I'd like to see it happen. Just don't think Mania is the correct time for it given the booking won't allow for it to be as anticipated as it should. SummerSlam 2015, however, can be pencilled in for it, as it can be done starting with a Rollins cash-in on Reigns at Mania 31 itself. Insert Ambrose on the way, and we can all sit back, relax and enjoy brilliance if it is all built correctly.

As for Rollins vs Cena at Mania. Given I've seen it about 3 times in the past couple of weeks...I'd pass on that in a heartbeat.

Reigns vs Cena makes sense, however, and I'm actually leaning towards that as opposed to Reigns vs Lesnar which seems to now require Lesnar renewing to be a success.

I think the winner of Lesnar/Cena should be decided after they decide who wins the rumble match. If it's Reigns then they should go with Cena and passing of the torch story, if it's Ziggler, they should go with Lesnar instead, cause a win over Brock will make Ziggler alot stronger in fans eyes.

I would have agreed before the WWE Network but no longer do. It gives them 3 months to work with to build it which is plenty of time. You can't keep putting big names in matches hoping to get guys over. It's sink or swim time. Now is a good time since WWE is not depending on the buy rates anymore.

If Cena does win they wasted the Undertaker's streak. A total waste when they could have given that victory to someone who really needed it. If Cena wins Vince really is out of the loop and needs to step down. Unless Cena wins and Rollins cashes in the MITB chance and beats Cena. Or better yet Lesnar wins and Rollins cashes in and beats Lesnar. Beating Lesnar would do more for Rollins than beating Cena.

I would have agreed before the WWE Network but no longer do. It gives them 3 months to work with to build it which is plenty of time. You can't keep putting big names in matches hoping to get guys over. It's sink or swim time. Now is a good time since WWE is not depending on the buy rates anymore.

If Cena does win they wasted the Undertaker's streak. A total waste when they could have given that victory to someone who really needed it. If Cena wins Vince really is out of the loop and needs to step down. Unless Cena wins and Rollins cashes in the MITB chance and beats Cena. Or better yet Lesnar wins and Rollins cashes in and beats Lesnar. Beating Lesnar would do more for Rollins than beating Cena.

I think based on how the Brock Lesnar booking has gone, the Streak rub just won't have the same effect had Brock actually been fed more than just one guy.

Also, like it or not, John Cena still remains the benchmark and the "present" as he likes to say every now and then. Beating him in the Main Event at Mania for the WWE WHC is a big deal, and given his following amongst WWE fans, whoever gets the chance to go over him at a Mania will definitely get interest from fans, especially the casuals.
Rollins has the MitB and is a villain, thus, he actually doesn't need much of a rub given the heat he already generates. However, a huge win at Mania for an Ambrose or Reigns would do wonders for them as babyfaces, but it has to be against someone established big time, which Cena and Lesnar are.

As I said, I don't think either of the Shield guys are big enough to sell a Main Event of Mania without someone established being in the mix, regardless of the WWE Network being there or not.
To besides, 3 months isn't nearly enough time to build back up something worthwhile for the 3 Shield guys to get the crowd invested in them....even Daniel Bryan's Golden Underdog Angle took from SummerSlam till Mania for it to get such rave reviews from all and sundry.

WWE Championship

Brock Lesnar Vs The Rock(Rock wins, Rollins cashes in/wins and gets mega heel push)

John Cena Vs Hulk Hogan

Undertaker Vs Sting

HHH Vs Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins Vs Randy Orton

Diva's Match(Who cares?)

IC Championship

Dolph Ziggler vs Ambrose

Battle Royal/Tag Team whatever match.

Best case right now for WWE is either push Bryan if he returns, or push Ziggler to the moon and beyond. Everyone would be happy to see Ziggler win the Rumble and headline WM31, while everyone and their grandma can agree that Cena needs to stay out of the main event, and away from the championship.

IMO at this point having Cena in the main event or winning the title, is like when Vince brought back Hogan in 1993 to win the title at WM9, fans hated Hogan going into WM9 and more so after. It was Bret Hart's time then, and if not him Razor should of been getting pushed, instead Hogan takes the spotlight and Vince has one of his many blunders.

Cena vs Lesnar at WM31 isn't going to sell very well at all. Unless they have a stacked under card, or they put those two in a 3 stages of hell match, maybe HIAC, or something, besides that no one is going to care > Rock Cena II, no one liked that either.

Besides, Cena will be there and Lesnar won't.

For the moment, forget about Roman Reigns, forget about Seth Rollins & everyone else on the roster except John Cena and Brock Lesnar.

If the WWE version of John Cena is to remain true to what it's been all along, how can management allow Brock to leave the company without having John Cena beat him? Whether the plan is to have Brock meet someone instead of Cena.....or to have Brock defeat Cena.....seems to go against the grain of the Cena legend.

Yes, there are those of you who would be thrilled to watch Cena beaten by Brock a third time.....and others who would be equally thrilled to see someone else fight Brock in his last appearances in WWE......and sure, they might do it that way, but if they did, it would fly in the face of everything we've been watching the past 10 years.

Personally, I'd love to see.....and, in fact, figured the plotline was set up from the beginning of the Cena-Lesnar program.....for Cena to win the third and final meeting between the two, giving him sweet revenge for everything Brock did to him before. It's the way storylines have been handled since John Cena became the "guy who runs the place" and I see no reason to change it now. I think Cena has been a tremendous sport about the whole thing.....can you imagine Hulk Hogan agreeing to be decimated by someone during his glory years?

In fact, the logic escapes me of having Brock either leave without facing Cena, or in defeating him a third time. After all, as quoted at the top of this post, Cena will still be here and Brock won't.

Yes, presuming Brock is really leaving, he's going to lose to someone on his way out. I say: let it be John Cena. If Creative wants to add a second loss to someone else, they can do that, too. As long as Brock gets his check in the mail, I doubt he'll object.

I think Lesnar should win at Royal Rumble, but in a big mess meaning that both guys are spent, defeated with nothing left in the tank with interference as much as can happen in a variety of area.

Now, the reason for this is after Brock wins, Rollins comes in and cashes in to become the new champion. Therefore, Brock is now virtually gone, Rollins is the champ on television regularly building heat, and assuming Reigns wins the Rumble we have a feud ready to speak of the next night with a great build.

I just read on Inquistr that WWE might be planning on having Cena beat Lesnar for the title, leading to a Lesnar beatdown, which leads to a successful Rollins cash in. Rollins will grant Cena a rematch only if he agrees to reinstate The Authority. They face off at Fast Lane.

Personally, that last part should be if Cena wins, he's champ. If Rollins wins, Cena must reinstate The Authority. It looks like we'll have Trips and Steph back on TV soon because it looks like they're going in the direction of Rollins vs. Reigns.

I don't think Rollins is ready for the big stage (just like the Miz when he wasn't quite ready for the big stage at WM 27), so it should be either Lesnar vs. Reigns or Cena vs. Reigns. Oh, and a small footnote, Inquistr also said that no matter what happens, Reigns will be champ at Wrestlemania.

For the moment, forget about Roman Reigns, forget about Seth Rollins & everyone else on the roster except John Cena and Brock Lesnar.

If the WWE version of John Cena is to remain true to what it's been all along, how can management allow Brock to leave the company without having John Cena beat him? Whether the plan is to have Brock meet someone instead of Cena.....or to have Brock defeat Cena.....seems to go against the grain of the Cena legend.

Yes, there are those of you who would be thrilled to watch Cena beaten by Brock a third time.....and others who would be equally thrilled to see someone else fight Brock in his last appearances in WWE......and sure, they might do it that way, but if they did, it would fly in the face of everything we've been watching the past 10 years.

Personally, I'd love to see.....and, in fact, figured the plotline was set up from the beginning of the Cena-Lesnar program.....for Cena to win the third and final meeting between the two, giving him sweet revenge for everything Brock did to him before. It's the way storylines have been handled since John Cena became the "guy who runs the place" and I see no reason to change it now. I think Cena has been a tremendous sport about the whole thing.....can you imagine Hulk Hogan agreeing to be decimated by someone during his glory years?

In fact, the logic escapes me of having Brock either leave without facing Cena, or in defeating him a third time. After all, as quoted at the top of this post, Cena will still be here and Brock won't.

Yes, presuming Brock is really leaving, he's going to lose to someone on his way out. I say: let it be John Cena. If Creative wants to add a second loss to someone else, they can do that, too. As long as Brock gets his check in the mail, I doubt he'll object.

That us the exact point. This time Cena can't overcome the odds and be the knight and shining armor for the Universe. So, this time they have to look to a new hero. Think about it for one second here. This could also lead to the build for WrestleMania 32 where Cena is jealous of Reigns success and being able to do what he couldn't and it leads to a match between the two. It could also lead to a Cena heel turn. I know what your going to say "not going to happen he does make a wish,be a star,and sells the most merchandise." Well if WWE does his push right Reigns will be the new face of WWE, He already does Be A Star and Make A Wish,And if they keep making the type of merchandise for Reigns they make right now...he MAY just outsell Cena. However,giving the response Reigns got last night I think that was the icing on the cake that it's time to consider Ambrose or Ziggler. Reigns got a huge pop coming out,but by night's end he was being booed out the building. Fans were chanting Roman Sucks,Daniel Bryan and Boring before the match even got a good chance to show anything good. I can tell now that Roman will get "Batista'ed" at Royal Rumble. Why?? because they want 1 of 3 names Daniel Bryan,Dean Ambrose,Dolph Ziggler. Daniel Bryan would be option A for now. If he can't return then Dean Ambrose (who I honestly belive would bring TV-14 ratings back) and the final option would be Dolph Ziggler if Ambrose get's injured. People say Orton, but let's get real he is already a legend. He may be young but with 15 years in the business, he has 5 or 6 years tops left in WWE. Roman would be my final option if all 3 were injured or something

I would be shocked and genuinely disappointed if Brock loses to Cena at the Rumble. If that happens than the ending of the Streak would be nailed on the worst booking decision ever made. Having Taker lose it so Cena can get some more heat would be nonsense.

That us the exact point. This time Cena can't overcome the odds and be the knight and shining armor for the Universe. So, this time they have to look to a new hero. Think about it for one second here. This could also lead to the build for WrestleMania 32 where Cena is jealous of Reigns success and being able to do what he couldn't and it leads to a match between the two. It could also lead to a Cena heel turn. I know what your going to say "not going to happen he does make a wish,be a star,and sells the most merchandise." Well if WWE does his push right Reigns will be the new face of WWE, He already does Be A Star and Make A Wish,And if they keep making the type of merchandise for Reigns they make right now...he MAY just outsell Cena. However,giving the response Reigns got last night I think that was the icing on the cake that it's time to consider Ambrose or Ziggler. Reigns got a huge pop coming out,but by night's end he was being booed out the building. Fans were chanting Roman Sucks,Daniel Bryan and Boring before the match even got a good chance to show anything good. I can tell now that Roman will get "Batista'ed" at Royal Rumble. Why?? because they want 1 of 3 names Daniel Bryan,Dean Ambrose,Dolph Ziggler. Daniel Bryan would be option A for now. If he can't return then Dean Ambrose (who I honestly belive would bring TV-14 ratings back) and the final option would be Dolph Ziggler if Ambrose get's injured. People say Orton, but let's get real he is already a legend. He may be young but with 15 years in the business, he has 5 or 6 years tops left in WWE. Roman would be my final option if all 3 were injured or something

That's funny.
People seem to attempt to hear such boos, which whilst they did happen, were done in a match against the Big Show who is always boring anyway, in which he no-sold a SMP punch big time.
Getting booed out the building is a stretch also, as that was clearly not the case.

Also, I heard boring chants in the Main Event between Ambrose and Wyatt. What do you make of that?

I didn't take much stock of either, since I believe there were a bunch of smarks near the front row who spent the entire show doing random chants and actually spoiled the viewing experience a bit.
However, since looking for faults in the Reigns push is the popular thing to do, all that is thrown out the window. :shrug:

All that said; As a huge Reigns fan, I have been skeptical of a Main Event slot at Mania and a Rumble win for the guy as well, and am hoping there is a swerve and Reigns perhaps end up facing Rollins/HHH to finish up the Authority storyline once and for all(Rollins keeps on mentioning the Authority every show, that has to mean something is up,lMO.)

However, who else is being booked strongly enough to be considered worthy of beating the Guy who practically squashed both John Cena and the Undertaker in the space of six months and needs to be beaten clean, especially if he is indeed on his way out post-Mania?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back