• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I wasted $70 on a Video Game CW

Derf

O.M.G.
So I was visiting my home a week ago and I got my taxs done. I've been desperate to buy a video game lately, but I didn't know what one. I was hanging out with a friend that is addicted to her DS, and we got to talking, and I ended up buying Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii. Worst Game EVER! They took all, and I mean ALL of the good stuff from the past 3D Pokemon games, and got rid of it. At the start of this game, you choose one of two preset teams of pokemon... And your stuck with it forthe rest of the game, even though all you can do is battle a small handful of trainers.

I bought it a week ago for $70, and I'm so sick of it, I'm taking it to the nearest store I can sell it at, and getting rid of it, even if I won't get my full refund back.

But the 3d Pokemon games suck.

And they suck more if you don't own a DS and the Pokemon games!!!

You should be able to get your money back though.

Wait a second, they make Pokemon games?

Fixed. :lmao:

And yeah, your first mistake was buying a Pokemon game. I remember working in the video store, and they had one for the N64, it was suppose to come with some type of "pak". Not sure, but it was a major pain in the ass. We had 4 copies, and none were EVER in. Yet we'd get phone calls 'round the clock for them.

I never understood the obsession with that franchise.

Shouldve kept the receipt and told em it broke. That would cover it because of a warranty.

Shouldve kept the receipt and told em it broke. That would cover it because of a warranty.

Most places refuse to take back "opened" video games. Due to the fact that everything these days is able to "copy". At most, he would've gotten a replacement of the same shitty game.

If it's brand new, like within a month, Gamestop will take it for about $20.00 less. That's likely the best deal you'll find these days. Oh, but its "trade-in only". So it'd be $50.00, in-store credit.

I send shit back all the time. I usually receive store credit but that's better than a shitty game you don't wanna play.

Oh I don't take video games back that are opened

Sucks for you. It specifically tells me on the receipt that you can return a game within 30 days if you have the receipt or 90 days if it isn't open

Sucks for you. It specifically tells me on the receipt that you can return a game within 30 days if you have the receipt or 90 days if it isn't open

That means AS A WHOLE. It's illegal for retail stores to take opened games back now n' days, because of what I brought up earlier.

Not for my company...28 days unopened.

Also $70 for Pokemon battle revolution? It's been out for a while, you can get it in the UK for £12

Every video games store is the same here. The main two actually put a sticker on your box over the opening bit, if it's broken they won't take it back.

That means AS A WHOLE. It's illegal for retail stores to take opened games back now n' days, because of what I brought up earlier.

It's isn't illegal. I bought NHL 09 the day it came out. Returned it the next month with a receipt.
They took it, no questions asked.

Lol. They only do that with USED games.

Nope, here they do it with every purchase. The reason is not due to copying, but due to the fact that many people buy a game, play it, finish it, take it back.

My biggest problem is that the place I bought it from isn't where I'm currently living, and it would take an hour and a half to drive there, plus a $40 Bridge fair. I'm just gonna sell it t a 2nd hand store here and hopefuly get some kinda credit or somthing. If I can trade it in for a cheaper, but funner game, I'll be fine.

My biggest problem is that the place I bought it from isn't where I'm currently living, and it would take an hour and a half to drive there, plus a $40 Bridge fair. I'm just gonna sell it t a 2nd hand store here and hopefuly get some kinda credit or somthing. If I can trade it in for a cheaper, but funner game, I'll be fine.

$40.00 BRIDGE FAIR!?

What the fuck is on the other side? Oz? Is it guarded by trolls with really big clubs? Who the fuck charges $40.00 to get across a bridge?

$40.00 BRIDGE FAIR!?

What the fuck is on the other side? Oz? Is it guarded by trolls with really big clubs? Who the fuck charges $40.00 to get across a bridge?

It's the confederation bridge, it's like 9 miles long and it connects PEI to New Brunswick. You have to pay $40 to get off the island, which I think is fucked up, but what are ya gonna do.

Well that really isn't a bridge toll Will. It's basically the turnpike. I hate that shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back