• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Think We'll Get Punk VS Sheamus On Raw This Monday

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night, Punk & Sheamus were supposed to have a match before Punk took a "personal day" due to it being Labor Day. The fact that WWE spent any time building some tension between Punk & Sheamus is an indicator that they'll probably have a match soon. I'm betting it'll be this coming Monday partially because it'll be the go home Raw for Night of Champions and for a "Twitter war" the two have been engaging in throughout today. I think Punk has "accused" Sheamus of wearing 6 inch lifts. :p

I don't expect the match to have an ending. I don't think the WWE will give either guy a loss to the other right now, unless Cena interferes for the purpose of evening things up since Punk cost him his match against Del Rio last night.

I'm excited, I think the style of Sheamus and how Punk can easily adapt to any competitor they should put on a pretty good match with 2 completely different styles. And for a bigger guy Sheamus has put on some pretty decent matches with all of his feuds and seems pretty easy to work with as a champion. I wouldn't mind seeing this feud in the future maybe like in a year or two when Sheamus is a lot more cemented into the main event picture which he is already one of the top superstars today and even with his somewhat boring and not so serious gimmick is still super over with the crowd. All in all I'd like to see the 5-10 minutes that they are given to see what they can do and what will transpire with Cena and Del Rio. I think it would work out if both of those two were at ring side and Del Rio trying to interfere and Cena stopping him and it somehow turning into a tag match maybe? Many ways to go with this if they do book this match for next week!

I hope that we don't get this match for the moment and the reason is that when we see WWE champion Vs WHC the match can not finish cleanly because it would make one of the champions look weak (In WWE's eyes). This means that you know that it will either end in DQ or interference and it makes all the chances of near falls unbelievable.
I do think these two could put on a good match but with NoC just around the corner WWE will want both to look strong. Which is something they are doing anyway (and rightly so they are the champions).

It just kills the building anticipation for the end of the match because you know full well that it is not going to end cleanly and so you are just waiting for the interference that will lead to the ending.

I'm actually surprised that Punk continued his heel ways, especially since he was showered with cheers from his hometown of Chicago, and "left" the arena last night. Then again, I guess this is the WWE's way of building him further as a heel :shrug:

Yeah, it's highly-likely that we'll see a Champion vs. Champion Match in Punk and Sheamus on the last week before Night of Champions. This match has been highly-anticipated now, especially since they made names for themselves in WWE's ECW, and I couldn't wait any longer.

You also hit the nail right on the head with the possible match's ending there, Jack-Hammer. Should their match commence next week, they'll either end it to a no-contest or Sheamus wins due to Cena evening things out with Punk. Should anyone win in this match, it's Sheamus, to give Cena a little bit of momentum back from Punk heading into NOC.

I think that match is on, but if we go to a trip down memory lane, i don't mean the superstars, but with champions from the past, this usually ends up being a no contest due to the fact that one of them gets attacked from behind while still coming down the ramp, that is the picture i see, i think that the WWE will promote the match, and i think that when Sheamus walks down the ramp, Alberto Del Rio will sneack attack him from behind, then CM Punk will join in the fun, and then Cena will come to help, and all four superstars will fight all over the arena, and that way, no one look weak, that's how i see this match........

I hope that we don't get this match for the moment and the reason is that when we see WWE champion Vs WHC the match can not finish cleanly because it would make one of the champions look weak (In WWE's eyes). This means that you know that it will either end in DQ or interference and it makes all the chances of near falls unbelievable.
I do think these two could put on a good match but with NoC just around the corner WWE will want both to look strong. Which is something they are doing anyway (and rightly so they are the champions).

It just kills the building anticipation for the end of the match because you know full well that it is not going to end cleanly and so you are just waiting for the interference that will lead to the ending.

Nah, that's not the case at all. It's pretty common for situations like this to arise where you know it won't be a clean finish. That doesn't have a tangible effect on the quality of the match, as the drama of who will win and when has very little to do with the quality. There's no difference between saying you're waiting for the interference and you're waiting, say, for one of the guys to hit their finisher because you know it'll end then. Matches aren't judged like that. It's about the moves, the selling, the psychology. The drama of who will win rarely factors in, only in big, PPV type matches.

That aside, it seems likely that Punk and Sheamus will have a match next week. And I would guess Sheamus wins with some help from Cena, to even the score a bit.

Does anyone think this is planting the seed for a Punk/Sheamus feud after NoC for the WWE Title. Either Del Rio goes over or Ziggler cashes in and wins the Title from Sheamus. Punk retains against Cena either clean or not, and brags against Sheamus how he kept his Title. I think it is a very smart move, and is a very fresh feud. They didn't waste the match this week which helps as well.

Nah, that's not the case at all. It's pretty common for situations like this to arise where you know it won't be a clean finish. That doesn't have a tangible effect on the quality of the match, as the drama of who will win and when has very little to do with the quality. There's no difference between saying you're waiting for the interference and you're waiting, say, for one of the guys to hit their finisher because you know it'll end then. Matches aren't judged like that. It's about the moves, the selling, the psychology. The drama of who will win rarely factors in, only in big, PPV type matches.

That aside, it seems likely that Punk and Sheamus will have a match next week. And I would guess Sheamus wins with some help from Cena, to even the score a bit.

That is my point though you know it is going to end unclean and with a likely interference so you are just waiting for that to happen. So you know that if Sheamus hits his finisher, before the interference, then Punk is going to kick out and vice versa. So the whole match is now just waiting until someone interferes.
With finishers yes you know that when they are hit 9 out of10 times the match is over, but big near falls can still occur. Also with these 2 they can and have used multiple moves to win matches.
Punk has won with the GTS, the anaconda vice, the macho man elbow and the big kick to the head.
Sheamus has won with the Brouge kick, the High Cross, the Cloverleaf (this week and once or twice before) and he beat Del Rio with the Irish Curse Back breaker (which was his finisher at 1 time).
So near falls can occur that might actual finish the match every once in a while but with this you know what is going to happen and so are just waiting. Then there is the rare occasions when people kick out of the finisher in a normal match and you are put on the edge of your seat.

I said I believed the match itself would be good and entertaining. Like Bryan Vs Punk as champ v champ was great and I really enjoyed these matches, but again they have to end unclean so that neither champ looks stronger than the other. It just sort of negates the point of having a match to see who is better because you just know the question isn't going to be answered when they are both 'Top' champions.

Sounds good to me, Punk with a low blow for the win. He goes around saying he is the best, while WHC[Alberto]Shay-moose[/Del Rio] is #2. Sheamus hasn't lost in ages, he is so dominant on SD. A win for Punk would be great for him going up against Cena. Sheamus can deal with a loss, but Punk needs one when he's going against te Yankees, I mean John Cena.

NO NO NO we will not see this match. WWE is not about to give us something that could be ppv worthy on raw before they sell it and get their moneys worth. If I am wrong and we do see them in the ring together, its likely it will be in some sort of tag match pairing Punk and Del Rio versus Cena and Sheamus.

NO NO NO we will not see this match. WWE is not about to give us something that could be ppv worthy on raw before they sell it and get their moneys worth. If I am wrong and we do see them in the ring together, its likely it will be in some sort of tag match pairing Punk and Del Rio versus Cena and Sheamus.

But the whole fact of the match is to promote 2 different storylines and kind of build them around each other and build up future tensions between people at the same time.. now by saying that I don't think Sheamus and Punk will feud at anytime in the near future but hell I could see it happening in about a year or 2 could you not? and I mean they have been putting on longer and bigger matches as of late, like Ziggler vs Jericho in the contract vs contract match and they have done other big matches like this. If the match does happen they will be given about 5-10 minutes before something happens to change the match.

I think this would be a good PPV match down the road, and I think they should save it. I am wondering how Heyman will factor in this week, and if he is involved with Punk now would they want Punk looking vulnerable in some sort of loss to Sheamus. I see some sort of no contest if this match happens.

I agree. I think CM Punk vs. Sheamus will happen soon, and hopefully, it will happen on the next Raw. I would actually love to see the Champions vs. Champions card on all of the “Go Home” shows, similar to the “SmackDown All-Star Kick-Off” episode. Well, at least give us CM Punk and The Miz vs. Sheamus and Antonio Cesaro. Alright, to make it “WWE Universe” style, I’ll go with CM Punk, The Miz and Antonia Cesaro vs. Sheamus, Kofi Kingston and R-Truth.

I have to be honest. I did mark out when Punk called Sheamus “at best, # 2”. I was a bit disappointed when Sheamus didn’t respond to that. I would have like to have heard the Miz say something along the lines of, “What does that make me, # 3?? No, that makes me…AWESOME!!”

I can actually see them giving us CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus and John Cena. If they wanted to surprise us, they would give us CM Punk and Sheamus vs. John Cena and Alberto Del Rio instead. Oh well!! That works, I guess.

Yes they will give us this match because what better way to promote Night Of Champions than to have your two World Champions compete on the go home show. It would be cool if they made that an annual thing to hype up the event

I think a champion vs champion match should be saved for a ppv. If its the main event on Raw, you will likely just get a lame draw with Cena and Del Rio interfering at the end.

I would love to see the current two champs feud against each other and see who the better champ is. That hasn't been done in a while and it could be interesting.

With Punk calling the WHC "2nd best" it makes sense for Sheamus to actually beat Punk. Its too bad Sheamus has crappy mic skills. He could of easily fired back at Punk, when he was talking about pecking orders. He could of said something like he is wwe champ but he is still number 2 on Raw. It could of been a much more entertaining promo between the two.

I predict we WILL get a Champion vs Champion match. But it will be CM Punk vs The Miz. I firmly believe Punk will take exception to The Miz commenting about him 'taking the day off' and agreeing with Lawler that he 'turned his back on the WWE Universe'. He also sided with Cena on some matters too.

Miz played a tweener role on Raws commentary. I think we could be finally seeing a face turn for Miz over the coming weeks. Whatever happens, Punk will call him out at some point.

I think a champion vs champion match should be saved for a ppv. If its the main event on Raw, you will likely just get a lame draw with Cena and Del Rio interfering at the end.

I would love to see the current two champs feud against each other and see who the better champ is. That hasn't been done in a while and it could be interesting.

With Punk calling the WHC "2nd best" it makes sense for Sheamus to actually beat Punk. Its too bad Sheamus has crappy mic skills. He could of easily fired back at Punk, when he was talking about pecking orders. He could of said something like he is wwe champ but he is still number 2 on Raw. It could of been a much more entertaining promo between the two.

Sheamus's biggest problem vocally, is his strong Irish accent, the kids can't understand a word that comes out of the man's gob.

That and he also has a problem of being well, a bit boring IMO, and only pushed to the moon abd back because of his connection to HHH... At least he knows more than 2 moves, even without the Brogue kick.

I don't know if they'll give us the Champion vs. Champion match. I think that confrontation between Sheamus & Punk a while back was just their way of finally admitting on-screen that the World Heavyweight Title is second to the WWE Title.

I was so excited to see that match....that didnt happen :( it was one of those moments that when it was annouced i thought to myself, oh yeah we havent seen that match up before and was instantly tuned in. Hope to see it soon tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back