• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Need To Start Making Money Work For Me...

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
instead of me working for money! Seriously though, once I move out of my townhouse and get a single-family home that I can put a sizable down-payment on, I'll have more of a disposable income. But then I have to worry about saving for a rainy day. I swear, one of these days, I'm going to go on a bender that I will regret for a long time to come. Anyone else get depressed over saving money for good purposes rather than spending it frivolously?

I don't worry about saving, because I don't save. What I do is I leave my overdraft free, so in an emergency, the money is there, but I don't actually have it to waste.

see, I don't drive and I have been single for like ever. Just imagine how much money I have saved.

I save money from every paycheck. Not much, but just to deposit into my savings accounts, along with bonds and all of that stuff. I do buy expensive stuff, but its usually for an occasion.

I only worry about money when I feel like I have wasted more than 1 paycheck on something that shoud have been an enjoyment for everybody that lives with me but turns into a disappointmen(like how i'm worrying right now & not sure whether my friend is gonna pay the rent for this month only).

I'm glad I have another 4-5 years of sponging off of my parents/ college life to keep me from being ejected into all of these worries.

I only work part time at a a large chain of stores in the UK. I completely agree with you about what you say about having money for "me". I only make around £400 a month for a lot of work and by the time I have payed my way, such as rent and bills I very rarely have money to spend on myself. The only thing about my situation is that I still live with my parents and a lot of things such as heat, electricity and food are payed for me leaving me with a few pounds to spare for myself. I like to go out and have a drink and I'm lucky enough that I still have a little to spend on myself.

I think a money spending bender is a bad idea. It just gets you more and more into debt and that is a hole that it's very hard to get out of. I completely understand what you are saying though.

Heres some easy work- offer your "services" to someone or their company for a fee. It has worked for myself and my "family" for generations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back