I miss Goldust.

Kermit

the Frog
I've been watching some youtube videos, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9nDmtEsanU&feature=related, tonight, and the guy has produced a bag full of classic comedic moments. Before he left, he was putting on a feud with Ted Dibiase with The Million Dollar Championship as a plot device, and it was interesting. Interesting was always something that Goldust could bring to the table when cutting a promo or wrestling. I've read that it would take him 5-6 months to return when he had his surgery in December, so the time is close for him to come back. I'm excited to see him return, because he is a lovable underdog that always makes me laugh at his silly antics.

What do you think they will have Goldust do when he comes back? Put over talent as usual? Anything big? Or will he be placed in a role off-stage? What are your feelings towards Goldust as an overall performer.

As a performer i love goldust, his matches are always great, they always have the entertainment factor. And to prove just how much i enjoy his work, at a house show in Adelaide back in 09 that had the likes of Orton vs HHH WWE title, bigshow vs mvp, carlito vs cody rhodes, maryse vs mickie etc. my highlight of the night was seeing goldust and his match against chavo. hes a legend!

they'll probably have him continue his trend of putting people over... he's someone who can have a good match with almost anyone and yet not lose face in front of the crowd... He'll be used in comedic situations much like he has semi recently (his christmas poem/old scool raw segment) and it'll be great... I'm sure he'll be someone who challeneges for the IC or US title and may in fact get it at some point... Perhaps he'll try to form a tag team (maybe with santino, to be the GREATEST TAG TEAM CHAMPS OF ALL THE TIMES!!!) I don't think he'll ever be main event status, but he'll be a damn good JFTS (Jobber for the stars)

I have a feeling he's going to be a superstars regular as an enhancement talent.
He also seems like the perfect guy for NXTs, he's a veteran, but there's not usually anything for him to do.

It just seems right now that WWE doesn't want to give characters like him airtime on the main shows except in comedy bits (something that his character fits into perfectly.) I want to see a good Rhodes vs Rhodes feud before the bizarre one hangs it up, they've hinted at Cody and Goldie, but I think with Cody's current gimmick, him and Dustin could have a great feud that can help Cody transition out of his current shtick. (unfortunately, as much as I enjoy face masked Cody, it's not a gimmick that can last long.)

I miss him to.I remember watching him vs Regal in a trading places match.That was funny.It lasted like 10 seconds but it was still funny.He produced pure gold promos no pun intended.

I can see him being a Jobber unfortuneately but I can see a WHC reign if he is in MITB or one short run before he retires which could even be in a Rhodes vs Rhodes feud to help put Cody over.

Wasn't he talking about retiring? What I'm hoping is that the time off for surgery has healed the rest of his body, too.......and that he'll feel like coming back for one more good run.

At the time he got hurt, it seemed as if he was receiving a moderate push, which is something he hasn't had in years. I'd like to see it continued, because in addition to being funny, Goldust is one of the smoothest workers out there and I'll bet other wrestlers like working with him. He hits his spots, he's always in position for his opponents to hit theirs, and no one seems to get hurt when they work with him.

Plus, there's never a dull moment around him. Despite the weird gimmick, the man is a consummate pro.

One of the most entertaining wrestlers to watch ever & I legitimately mean that.... he is really unpredictable to watch, has great comedic timing, brilliant body language, strong moveset, great entrance music and the best finisher (IMHO) in the WWE at the moment. He's also brilliant enhancement talent. He's also shown he has real dedication and a high work rate within the WWE, I mean look at all the weight he lost in the past few years, he looked like he was in some of the best shape of his life just before he got injured.

I miss Goldust aswell. He has always been one of my favourites along with The Undertaker. I really enjoy his persona and he has produced some really entertaining moments over the years. I also think he is very good as an in ring performer and his matches are always enjoyable. I would like him to get a serious run with the IC or US Championships but I doubt that will happen. Perhaps he will wrestle for a while then become a manager.

This Ultimate Warrior and Goldust in ring promo is great..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s3nJGytD7Y&feature=related

I wish Goldust returned as a manager until he could be an active wrestler again. I mean, how distracting would it be for a guy dressed up like Goldust outside the ring? There have been stranger managers, I think it could work.

Hopefully when he returns, he'll be put into a nice mid-card feud. He continues to perform well and get a great reaction. Pretty hard for a character that hasn't really evolved all these years later (aside from a serious creeper to a funny talent).

He is supposed to return in June or July but his update also said that he woud retire at the end of 2012 so ido not think that creative has anything big in store for him when he does return. He may get a title run like mark henry may before he retires but most likely he will just put over guys.

Yeah Goldust has never been a dissapointing talent. He's always gave it his all everytime he is in the ring and always seems to bring a good match out of somebody. It's a damn shame that even in the Attitude Era he never got a WWE title reign. I think he was over enough as a heel to get at least one reign. But I do anticipate his return and hope he can make one last run with the IC or US belt. Hell maybe we can see Booker T and Goldust team up one more time for another tag title reign. I always loved that team. "Goldie you are not the weakest link."

Goldust. Yes! Great topic. Such an entertainer. He takes the most odd gimmick and turns it into this comedic super hero. I will always remember his tag team run with Booker and his run-ins with Evolution and the nWo. Great entertainment right there. I would love to see Goldust come back and have a more serious run. He more than deserves it.

I've been watching some youtube videos, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9nDmtEsanU&feature=related, tonight, and the guy has produced a bag full of classic comedic moments. Before he left, he was putting on a feud with Ted Dibiase with The Million Dollar Championship as a plot device, and it was interesting. Interesting was always something that Goldust could bring to the table when cutting a promo or wrestling. I've read that it would take him 5-6 months to return when he had his surgery in December, so the time is close for him to come back. I'm excited to see him return, because he is a lovable underdog that always makes me laugh at his silly antics.

What do you think they will have Goldust do when he comes back? Put over talent as usual? Anything big? Or will he be placed in a role off-stage? What are your feelings towards Goldust as an overall performer.

It's funny you started this thread because I was doing the same thing not too long ago watching videos of him on Utube. Goldust is one of the funniest guys ever in the WWE, even more so than Santino in my opinion. His gimmick is awesome and is one of the most unique. He'll probably be used to put over talent and for comedy for the rest of his time in WWE. I just hope he gets one more good run on one of the two shows. Also check out this vid, hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLrHeRYuXw0&feature=player_detailpage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back