I love being a cinema-comm major

JGlass

Unregistered User
Seriously, every writing assignment you ever have to do is pure bullshit. I mean that in the best way possible, because I think bullshit is a beautiful thing. A biology teacher once told me, after I rambled through an answer that I miraculously got correct by applying logic to what I was saying (biology was always my weakest subject) that good bullshit is the logical progression of thoughts through words or writing. It's true too. If you ever lie to your parents or loved ones, if you use some good bullshit everything you say will make perfect sense.

Anyway, I haven't done any of the reading for this class for the past few weeks, and we have a reading summary due tomorrow. I open up a random reading from one of the authors I like, I see that it's about the audience as a commodity, I read a few lines and I have my idea, "The Media Slave Trade: Networks Selling The Audience." Now all I have to do is stretch this into 900-1200 words and I have myself a solid paper.

That's the best thing about all these theory classes. Normally I don't like theory, but I get a kick out of it when you can manipulate it into saying something interesting about everyday life.

I'm a comm/film minor and they just posted classes for the fall. I'm hoping it's not a complete list since there are literally zero practical film courses. No editing. No directing. No screen writing. Fuck, there's not even cinematography/lighting. I'm graduating in the spring. My school sucks numerous dicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back