I finally saw the light.

grungy72

King Of The Ring
I just watched as a fan for the first time in years, You see im typically whats known as a smart mark, But someone opened my eyes to a different option i had as a wrestling observer, And today i took the challenge of watching wrestling not as an observer but as a fan.

I did not watch the spoilers for raw or anything like that i just sat and watched and for the first time in a long time i became a fan of the wwe, It wasnt that it has changed alot since last year or even two weeks ago, It was just more to the fact that i was not expecting anything.
I have been the biggest Jeff Hardy hater there is in this place and after just letting go of all the negative stuff i had been saying i saw him as a really good wrestler and he was entertaining sure he was a little rusty but he put in a good performance.
The whole of raw for me came off as very well done and i actually enjoyed every segment they put forth to me.
We on the IWC think because we know more on backstage happenings and what not it makes us more SPECIAL wrestling fans, When all it does is actually take away from the quality of the product, I was finally enlightened and as such actually ENJOYED watching wwe programming.

Basically in summary i say this, I may get flammed for my comments, But after letting go of thinking i was above a wrestling fan and commming back to reality i found RAW to be EXCELLENT in everyway, I didnt expect Orton or Carlito to go at it, I liked (Even though i still hate umaga) the way he destroyed Kane, Nitro still continues to impress me, Trish and Victoria had a great womans match and i guess i was wrong and Dx Vs McMahons do have longevity.
Go one week without looking at spoilers, Reading all the backstage notes and just watch raw like you used to when you considered it fun, It is still an awesome experience.

I think I get what you mean. Now that I read spoiles for SD it's become much less enjoyable. I guess it's because you know what happens. Also Raw this week was much better than it has been in the past.

Flames Out
Dragon

well i havetn read the spoliers for smackdown this week and im not gonna cause i wanna watch it and find out wat happens on my own

Dont even think about it the way you do, just sit there and watch and think wow they are really entertaining me, Dont be a critique like we usually do, Just be a fan and see how much more entertaining it can be. i did it and i must say i have never felt so good about wrestling in a long time, i feel like a little kid watching it again.

i dont read them all the time i just read them once in awhile u know, but even then i feel like wats the point of watchign it i knwo wat happens

Wow, grungy you sound like you've had a huge ephiany (sp??). I'll admit it, back before when I didn't really critisice anything I was able to enjoy it a lot more.

Flames Out
Dragon

Nah it was something Dysturbed actually said to me and it clicked in my head and i couldnt let it go, He was just like why do you always have to find the negative, and for some reason i couldnt get it out of my head so i thought to myself fine im not going to read spoilers, im not going to critisize anything im going to WATCH raw, not review it and my god man you have no idea how good it is, when you just let go and watch. I dont know why but i just felt like it was 1990 and i was cheering on the ultimate warrior for some reason, Thats seriously how good it feels to just not care about the ins and outs..
I can kinda see why Vince calls the IWC the devil in some ways cause all people ever do is review and put down things they do.

Check this, i even found John Cena interesting.

OMG!! You're like a completely different person. I don't think I could ever enjoy everything on Raw or SD. I'm not critizing everything just some stuff.

Flames Out
Dragon

nothing can help me like smackdown it's plain horrible

raw and ecw on the other hand i enjoy watching

You're gonna notice if something is stupid, it's just that there always isn't a deeper meaning behind the things that happen. People tend to watch and wonder who benefits and doesn't from each match and things like that when really some matches happen just to happen while both wrestlers "benefit" and don't.

Well for me i have to read spoilers to save time. Example i only watch smackdown cause of Taker and first i see if he will appear or not. WWE isnt like how it used to be and thats a fact and im not being negitive but wwe CAN give us beter which US feel negitive. Like Raw is differnt esp that raw last monday, FFS it was beter than summerslam lol :)

I agree, I want to, but it's hard, its like a PPV, half of the reason people says its crap is because they've read the before show spoilers and rumours. I personally think that if I had not read the spoilers the is week I would OF LOVED RAW even though had read the spoilers I FLIPPED OUT WHEN HARDY CAME OUT! and challenged Edge, I hope it continues.

Smackdown, I can't watch, its too predictable, considering I had only recently watched a 2002 episode of SD, which I AM so GLAD I taped, The Mainevent Had Angle vs. Lesnar, Edge vs. Eddie G (RIP) In a Ladder Match, it was awsome. But I find I can't watch SD anymore. Raw however I can and by the souds of the ECW results ECW when it hits Aus looks AWSOME (lol I didn't watch ECW when it was on in the 90s)

But, I am going to do what Grungy72 has done, and NOT READ the spoilers...

I have got used to reading the spoilers each week as i miss the shows due to work most weeks, but when i have the day off ill still read the spoilers and its definately not as enjoyable, I watched RAW this week without any spoilers and not knowing what happened. and i was so PUMPED about Jeff Hardy coming back and confronting edge and then the match, sure the match could of gone longer but it was still enjoyable.

I agree totally with what you said yaszie, im going to try and sit back and watch it more often now

Yeah, i dont know if smackdown can be saved either, but if you dont read whats going to happen on raw and what not it is so much more enjoyable, i mean i was jeff hardys biggest nay sayer, i wachted raw not really knowing what to expect and he looks really good, Sure he had a little bit of rust but he was looking good. I didnt even think of who they were pushing and who is being as asshole backstage and i enjoyed everything, Even the 4 on 4 match was good.

Try raw for 1 week, Without being a critic, Dont look at spoilers, Just watch it for the Entertainment of wrestling and you will gaureented to enjoy it so much more.

My main problem is, I don't HAVE to read the spoilers and stuff for Raw, ECW and Smackdown to know what is going to happen. WWe pretty much tells you its going to happen. What would have been a bigger treat...them telling you Hardy was coming back, and the most logical thing to do would put him in a program with edge...or, not saying anything about having re-signed him, and just having him show up when Edge issued the open challenge? See, that element of suprise was gone! Everyone knew hardy was coming back.

Or Chavo turning on Rey Mysterio...who didn't see that coming? I didn't have to read any spoilers to not notice that Chavo was going to cost Rey the title. WWE pretty much blatently put it out there for everyone to see.

Now, TNA is guilty of it at times to, but not like WWE. In fact, the ONLY thing TNA has done that was predictable as of late was the Christian Heel turn...I think my grandmother knew that was going to happen and she doesn't even know what a TNA is...but they built it intelligently, and they gave a good excuse for it.

A good example of a way to have a guy come in and make a statement is when Christian debuted on TNA. No one knew it was going to happen. No one had any idea at all. And it shocked the wrestling world.

anyway, I started rambling...sorry

See no one woulda known hardy was coming back right, but wether they admit it or not WWE looks at the internet news sites, And if the news sites know that hardy is coming back, Then alot of wrestling fans will know (seeing as this is the age of the internet) So therefore there is no point trying to hide things, WWE is predictable in alot of things, However i didnt know john cena was going to attack edge last night, So that surprised me alot, Its all about perception and thats my point, Dont watch as a critic thats all im getting at, Watch it like you were young again with no hopes but enjoying what you are going to see, It actually makes it 10 times more enjoyable, even if its predictable just let it go and enjoy what they are presenting.

I think Dysturbed as said this before, but WWE has been on for so long, with so many different storyline that's it's bound to be a little boring and predictable sometimes. I'm gonna try not to read spolers next week and I'll see how I like it.
Flames Out
Dragon

yes the spoilers do wreck RAW SMACKDOWN AND ECW i used to read the Smackdown spoilers but once i stopped i started to enjoy Smackdown alot better i think the last time i read a Smackdown spoiler was when JBL and Batista were facing each other for the world heavyweight championshp in a bull rope match

I don't ever read wrestling news sites until the end of a show or the end of the week. I agree and felt what alot of you have said. Just for the plain fact that it ruins the feel of the show if you know whats going to happen.

grungy72 said:
I just watched as a fan for the first time in years, You see im typically whats known as a smart mark, But someone opened my eyes to a different option i had as a wrestling observer, And today i took the challenge of watching wrestling not as an observer but as a fan.

I did not watch the spoilers for raw or anything like that i just sat and watched and for the first time in a long time i became a fan of the wwe, It wasnt that it has changed alot since last year or even two weeks ago, It was just more to the fact that i was not expecting anything.
I have been the biggest Jeff Hardy hater there is in this place and after just letting go of all the negative stuff i had been saying i saw him as a really good wrestler and he was entertaining sure he was a little rusty but he put in a good performance.
The whole of raw for me came off as very well done and i actually enjoyed every segment they put forth to me.
We on the IWC think because we know more on backstage happenings and what not it makes us more SPECIAL wrestling fans, When all it does is actually take away from the quality of the product, I was finally enlightened and as such actually ENJOYED watching wwe programming.

Basically in summary i say this, I may get flammed for my comments, But after letting go of thinking i was above a wrestling fan and commming back to reality i found RAW to be EXCELLENT in everyway, I didnt expect Orton or Carlito to go at it, I liked (Even though i still hate umaga) the way he destroyed Kane, Nitro still continues to impress me, Trish and Victoria had a great womans match and i guess i was wrong and Dx Vs McMahons do have longevity.
Go one week without looking at spoilers, Reading all the backstage notes and just watch raw like you used to when you considered it fun, It is still an awesome experience.

That match with Jeff Hardy was very good, and I to watched Raw for the first time in a while. However, I was EXTREMELY dissapointed. I did enjoy the Hardy match and the Women's match, but that Kane v. Nitro match was only good when Nitro was hopping all over the place. Other than that the match was slow AND IT HAD NO ENDING! Umaga did not destroy Kane. A thumb in the neck of someone is not going to hurt them that badly. It's ridiculous and is a cheap knockoff of Samoa Joe. That DX thing, it's the same thing week in and week out. Vince McMahon thinks he has DX right where he wants them, and then bam! somehow DX managed to get the best of him...AGAIN! It's boring and repetitive. Also, I don't like the fact that there was no main event just so they could end Mick Foley's career for the 28th time only for him to come back again in a couple of months anyways (By the way, that whole Melina thing was ridiculously obvious). I also hate the fact that instead of a main event, the boss put himself in it's spot simply for something that could have easily happened in the middle of the show. It's mindless crap as a wrestling fan and as an observer.

Perhaps he's starting to think for himself. This could be a trap so be careful you guy's. If this is true I praise you for achieving enlightenment. I've only read some of page one of this post as I type this.

What do mean this could be a trap???

I think after reading this I'm defienently gonna be looking at Raw and SD in a different light.

Flames Out
Dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back