• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Can't Believe I Watched This!

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
We all have a show that we watched as kids, that we absolutely loved. Either we owned all the merchandise, or we knew every word to the theme, but we loved it, and no one was going to tell us it sucked.

And then, upon ether re-watching, or just simple thought, we've come to realize that it really did suck. Kind of like Clear Pepsi, but for a half hour, and on our TV. What show, or movie, is that for you?

I'm sticking with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III as the worst piece of garbage that I have ever liked. As a kid, I thought it was amazing, and loved seeing another TMNT movie. I even had all the action figures, with Michaelangelo and Raphael wearing their samurai gear.

Then, I bought it for my son. And, was amazed that he wasn't begging me to turn it off after 20 minutes. I was appalled by what I was watching, and couldn't believe that I used to argue the greatness of this movie in the playground.

I can't believe i watched double dragon. that movie is 100% pure comedy, only because it fully fails to deliver anything at all as an action movie. this is one of those things that it had so much promise, yet failed so badly to deliver on anything than that they made it look like they would.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Okay, so I still love it. But now I can admit most of it is absolute garbage. It was predictable, and the things that happened were just stupid and pointless. There's a few of the episodes I can't watch now because they're that bad - Harvey turning into a frog when they kiss, for example.

You know... looking back at it, I had pretty good taste as a kid, lol. The Wonder Years, Brady Bunch, original Power Rangers, TMNT, Nickelodeon (Salute Your Shorts, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Pete & Pete, Doug, their little game shows from back in the day, ect.), Boy Meets, Ghostbusters, ect. are all shows I think I could probably watch today and still be entertained (especially The Wonder Years and Boy Meets World).

But yeah, I'm sure there's something. I liked TMNT 3 as well, but looking back at it, it sure was a real piece of garbage. But that's all that is popping into my head right now, lol. Maybe I'm just too much of a sucker for nostalgia that I refuse to admit that anything I loved when I was younger actually did suck; I don't know. But if I think of something, I'll definitely come back here and share it.

I can not tell you how many times this thread idea has been talked about between me and my friends. Eveerytime that I see a movie from when I was a kid on tv I would watch it, and the more that I do that recently the more I get pissed at what I wasted my time with. I could see why I liked it at the time, but I still don't understand why I liked it at the time.

One movie that sticks out is Andaconda with Ice Cube, J-Lo , and Jon Voight. I remember being able to get a tape of it and being really excited to watch it and thinking it was sweet. Now they play the movie at like 4am with the rest of the crap that is on at that time. That's the last time that I saw it and can not tell you one redeeming(sp?) quality about this movie, just everything bad.

Batman and Robin is another, I don't think that I need to explain b/c this seems to be one of those universally hated movies.

The Godzilla remake had me hypnotized as a kid, but I couldn't even make myself watch the whole thing the last time I saw it on tv.

The only other thing I can think of right now is Mortal Kombat 2, I think it was called Annihilation or something along those lines. I consider myself a somewhat Mortal Kombat fan, I know most of the characters and some of the storylines and still don't know what they where doing with this movie.

1. Pathfinder - This is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever spent money on. The guy walked and stabbed, then walked some more and stabbed some more.

2. Saved by the Bell - Every episode bitches. This show is the epitome of cheese. I used to watch it every Saturday morning, along with California Dreams and Hang Time. Terrible.

3. Tears of the Sun - Bruce Willis' worst movie. They walked through the jungle for three fucking hours.

I personally can't believe I ever watched the ultimate in cheesetastic-ocity, Are You Afraid of The Dark?, for more than one episode. I perhaps wasted 20 good hours of my life on that show, that I'll never get back. Outside of that, my tv/Movie regrets:

Buffy, the Vampire Slayer- The movie, NOT THE SERIES, it was full of shite acting, and some body needs to tell Kristy Swanson she should never act again.

Clueless- the tv show. Now I'll admit, I watched it, but only begrudgingly, as I had three sisters with whom I grew up.

House of the Dead: That shit sucked! Bol just turns video games into suck ass movies. Even the topless chicks don't help. Hell, Erica Durance from Smallville being topless was wasted. Even Ron Simmons finds it hard to believe how bad the movie sucked:

Ron: "
8.jpg
"

I personally can't believe I ever watched the ultimate in cheesetastic-ocity, Are You Afraid of The Dark?, for more than one episode. I perhaps wasted 20 good hours of my life on that show, that I'll never get back. Outside of that, my tv/Movie regrets:

This show used to scare the crap out of me. I don't know why, I guess I was a pansy. But for some reason I could handle Goosebumps.

Looking back, the only thing I ever watched that is probably absolute crap is the Disney movie Brink. It was about a skater who got persuaded to join the evil Team X-Blade and betrayed his friends just to make some money. I think I could qote almost the entire movie I've seen it so many times. It was most likely absolute garbage, but I'm sure I would still watch it if it came on.

Looking back, the only thing I ever watched that is probably absolute crap is the Disney movie Brink. It was about a skater who got persuaded to join the evil Team X-Blade and betrayed his friends just to make some money. I think I could qote almost the entire movie I've seen it so many times. It was most likely absolute garbage, but I'm sure I would still watch it if it came on.

Oh. Fuck.

My girlfriend seriously bought this yesterday, and is making me watch it later. Thanks for telling me now. Most Disney movies, lately at least, have been full of major suck. I don't know what it is, but they're definitely not up to par with the classics.

Actually, when I was in middle school and high school, Brink! came on all the time on the Disney Channel and I thought it was awesome. Not as good as Airborne, but still very enjoyable I thought. I haven't watched it in years, but I definitely remember it being one of the best 'Disney Channel Original Movies' ever put out.

Also, FTS... what the fuck, man? Saved by the Bell was awesome and still is to this day. I have every season on DVD. Zack is one of the coolest, most awesome television characters of all time, and I'm still in love with Kelly Kopowski to this very day.

Beyblades

I was thinking about this the other day and then I realised I used to like this show when I was in year 6, about 7-8 years ago and I realise now that it was such a stupid, immature show about spinning tops with monsters coming out of them. I had a couple of them but I don't anymore. God knows where they are but I remember being obsessed with playing against my friends with them. Just as the thread title says, I can't believe I watched this!

Actually, when I was in middle school and high school, Brink! came on all the time on the Disney Channel and I thought it was awesome. Not as good as Airborne, but still very enjoyable I thought. I haven't watched it in years, but I definitely remember it being one of the best 'Disney Channel Original Movies' ever put out.

Also, FTS... what the fuck, man? Saved by the Bell was awesome and still is to this day. I have every season on DVD. Zack is one of the coolest, most awesome television characters of all time, and I'm still in love with Kelly Kopowski to this very day.

You are my favorite poster on this board. Brink! was and still is awesome, and Airborne f*cking rules!!!!

Saved by the Bell > Anything on tv today. And I mean everything.

When I read this thread one movie immedeately comes to my mind
The Wizard. Well the movie is about a boy playing Nintendo ... and that´s about it ... well no he meets other kids that play Nintendo and for some odd reason they compete in a Super Mario 3 tournament ...yeah right ...

Overall it was nothing but a 90 minute Nintendo commercial, it sucked very much but back then I loved this crap.

I actually dragged my dad to see Super Mario Bros., what a shit-tacular mess that was. It isn't even one of those flicks that you can go, "Oh it wasn't that bad when I re-watched it." No, shit is shit no matter what it looks like years later.

The Land Before Time

I was a huge Dinosaur mark as a kid, after seeing Jurassic Park destroy the box office, it became obvious that dinosaurs were kick ass.

The first Land Before Time was an incredibly dark film, it is gritty, and has themes that are not very child friendly for the most part, even scaring me as a kid.

However, after the first film, the sequels became very child friendly, yet I still watched them up until TLBT V. Watching one of them again in my teen years for my younger cousins, I realized how mushy they actually were. I am a little ashamed of myself for actually liking II-V, even though I am sure there are over 10 of them.

I'm sticking with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III as the worst piece of garbage that I have ever liked. As a kid, I thought it was amazing, and loved seeing another TMNT movie. I

^^^This. I loved the third TMNT, as I had the first two when I was a kid. But I rewatched it recently, and I admit, the movie was completely terrible, horrible, and any other synonym you can come up with to convey "bad." Which is a shame, really, because the first two movies were so good.

This same thing happened with the Batman movies (barring Batman Begins/The Dark Knight) also. The first two Tim Burton directed movies were amazing when I was a kid watching them, as were the movies following. But when I rewatched the movies recently, only the Tim Burton movies really held up. Val Kilmer and George Clooney really should have never been thought of to play Batman.

Batman and Robin is another, I don't think that I need to explain b/c this seems to be one of those universally hated movies.

First movie that came to mind for me because me and my buddies were having this exact discussion a few days ago. As a kid I was all like "OMG Arnold's freezing bitches this is so awesome! WHOAAA his goons are hockey goalies?! AWESOME!"... Then you watch it when you're old enough to appreciate good films and you wanna stab yourself in the eye. Terrible.

SpongeBob Sqaurepants. I loved this show knew the entire theme song by heart. I decided to watch a few episodes like a week ago and I wanted to blow my brains out. The episodes are horrible and just plain stupid.

The worst thing I ever watched?

I was a huge wrestling fan, so i wanted to do EVERYTHING wrestling when I was a kid.

So...I...went and saw No Holds Barred in the theatres. OK? I admit it, I went and saw fucking NO HOLDS BARRED in the the theatres. Of course, being 12, I thought it was the coolest shit ever. My dad, on the other hand, still hasn't forgiven me for making him watch this shit sandwich of a movie and when I visit him he still backhands me.

Like any of the Disney original movies. Not the classic cartoon ones, but when they had like a new one every week or month, I think Brink was one of them yeah. And TMNT 3 was pretty meh. Still enjoy the first though.

Uhh.. the Peewee movie and his playhouse show too. Yeah...

There are actually two movies I still can't believe how I watched.

Son Of the Mask:The first film was very good and I remember how I loved that movie and it's cartoon as a kid.I've always wanted for second movie to come.After about 10 years second movie finally came and when I first watched the movie I said myself how can someone can fuck up a great movie like that.I still can't believe how can I watched that piece of shit.It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The Man Who Saves The World:It was a Turkish-made science fiction film.It was the first Turkish film which was about space and sucked really bad.The plot is two comrades whose ships crash on a planet that aliens live start to battle with aliens to save the world:wtf:.It is without a doubt one of the worst if not the worst film of all time.For people who don't know the movie I'll put some youtube videos.

[youtube]j00FBmFpWnM[/youtube]

[youtube]Oo4SEQjVMmM[/youtube]

Well given I was about 9 when I watched, but fucking Batman and Robin, I bet some of you guys who posted in this thread were the same as me, another Batman film, you're hyped, you're looking forward to it. You think it's amazing and a great film, you get the action figures and whatnot.

The horror comes, you rewatch it and what do you find? Not Batman, but George Clooney in a Batman suit, Cheesey Arnie puns (though to be fair, that is still a highlight), whiney Chris O'Donnell, Batgirl and what's more a Batsuit with FUCKING NIPPLES!!!!! God it was awful having to live through that again, it was the worst version of the 60s Batman ripoff they could do. Thank god for Christopher Nolan!

Just for you, you can have the Freeze Puns!
[youtube]/v/SRH-Ywpz1_I&hl=en&fs=1&[/youtube]

I can't say I had any television show that I was ashamed to watch, I think they all made my childhood very enjoyable, it's mainly a couple of films when I look back on it.

Although I remember on a mix tape I made that I had Ice Ice Mickey by Mickey Mouse on it. I do not know what the fuck was wrong with me to like such a horror, but that's more a song I can't believe I liked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back