I Am The Law

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
[youtube]Das7cuucepI[/youtube]

Yes indeed. Crackdown 2 is on the way. You can see from the video that I have posted that the game mechanics have been greatly improved. You may also notice that the graphics have been improved also. Everything looks much more grungy and detailed. I think that it adds a new level of environment to the game and I also think that the city remains very clean and smooth looking However, upon close inspection of some areas, you can see that the grungy look is also very prevalent. I think that this should add some much needed contrats to the game and comparisons can be drawn from the city to the actual storyline. Again, I think that this supplements what I said before about contrast.

I am very excited about the prospect of this game. I loved the first one and though that it was a stroke of genius. It was such a free roaming game and the environment really gave a sense of freedom and non-linearity, that really did mark the start of something very creative. The game is known for it's ingenuity and I think that Crackdown 2 will be a very welcomed addition to the series. It has been a long time coming and you can see from the video that the developers have really tried to take on board what people have said about the original game and have attempted to build a game on top of that. My fingers are crossed that the game really lives up to it's potential and carries on the great name that it has. It is one my favourite games and if they manage to do it right and true to form, then I will love it.

What does everyone else think of the game?

yea i loved the first crackdown. i can honestly play it over and over. its that fun to me. once you max out your abilities it gets so cool. jumping from building to building and all that. i would scale the agent tower just for fun sometimes. crackdown2 looks like its going to deliver big time. now with monsters and the new fighting system, im sure its going to be truely entertaining. it would be nice if they added cutscenes to this one. i didnt really mind the dossier. it had some clips of gangs and such while giving you the necessary info as to why you're supposed to kill a particular gang leader. but if they really go in depth and create some real story it has potential to be one of my fav's of all time. the first crackdown is already up there on my list of all time enjoyable games ever.

Oh, most definitely.

I am really excited about what the new game is going to bring to the table. Just for people's information, the other videos are posted on YouTube in the gameplay reveal trailers. In the second one, the creators talk about how the last game felt very linear, even though it was all about free-roaming. i think they have a point. It was a case of killing some under-bosses and once you have done enough of them, moving on to actually killing the area boss. To be honest, it was pretty linear at times and as I was saying, the developers have really taken o board what people have said about the game... Which is pretty rare.

Nevertheless, the first thing they say in the second gameplay trailer is that they have worked on adding some more tasks and variations to the game in order to progress, I am very much looking forward to seeing how it comes off. It reminds me a lot of Assassin's Creed. Ubisoft decided to let the people have their way an took out a lot of the things that made Assassin's Creed very repetitive and boring and replaced them with better features and a more enthralling gaming experience. I can only hope that the same will eventually be true of Crackdown 2.

Well, the time that Crackdown 2 emerges is almost upon us.

As more and more information becomes readily available on the sequel to one of the most entertaining and beautifully intuitive games that has been created for the Xbox 360. Words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to this game. The fact that it is an Xbox exclusive makes it all the better and I imagine that the Sony followers will be looking across the fence and this game and wondering why they never bought an Xbox. That being said, I have made it my business to go ahead and find out all of the information about the new release and whet my appetite for the impending release. With that being said, I have watched a few more trailers for the game and read a good few more articles.

The main thing that is now making me excited over this game is the use of multiplayer during the campaign. Unlike the last game, Ruffian games have promised us that there will be a 4 player co-op and a 16 player online function. I am not sure what that function is yet but I pray to God that it is not like Grand Theft fucking Auto. It will more than likely be similar to Left For Dead in my opinion. With one group of people being the Agents and another group of people being the monsters. It could be very fun to see how it pans out and the multiplayer experience of this game loos set to be a great update to the old one.

Again, the graphics and gameplay look set to be upgraded and all of the images/videos I have seen for this game make me think that it will leave the original in it's wake. I hope so anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back