• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulkamania soon 30 years old - 23th January - Hogan spotted backstage at WWE Smackdow

It won't be the RAW before since that's the date Batista returns. They won't want to push that aside and have Hogan return to. I doubt they'd want Hogan back the RAW after. Let the Batista return sink in just a little bit more. Although that Monday is the day after the Rumble, which they could make the Undertaker return.

For some reason I don't think we'll be seeing Hogan until February at the earliest.

Well, Hulkamania was born in the AWA. Go check Youtube and you'll see.

I don't think Hulk will return to WWE, I think negotiations will fall through. His asking price won't be what's best for business. Paul knows better

Hogan will return the night after Elimination Chamber, in my opinion.
The focus for now is the Royal Rumble, Batista's return.
With new reports stating trhe IC-US Titles will now be unified at Elimination Chamber in February, Hogan will probably not be wheeled out until the road to wrestlemania hits overdrive

If Triple H does not take absolute full advantage of this 30th anniversary of Hulkamania (by WWE count) then he's a fool and does NOT know what's best for business. The anniversary and then WrestleMania XXX. That's a 3 month plus marketing bonanza where WWE can make all kinds of money on everything Hulkamania related they can put out. But in order to maximize fan interest HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN not only must appear but he must wrestle. Even though he can't return full time they can hype up the few matches he does have with interviews with Mean Gene Okerlund, and by showing clips each week in what will be a combination hype and rollback at 30 glorious years. In addition this will remind older fans how much fun the Hulkamania era was and introduce younger fans to the greatest period of all time.

Suddenly Hulkamania will be cool again. New T shirts, DVDs, figures etc. will be produced to take advantage of the 30th anniversary. And with the WWE network being introduced in February, a fitting early piece of programming would be a documentary called "30 years of Hulkamania".

There is so much they can do, but to get the maximum out of it they must push HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN as much as possible and yes that includes strapping him with the WWE World title one more time. A brief but important reign is needed to take full advantage. The greatest of all time coming back thirty years later to reclaim the title that he made famous is the greatest comeback story and the greatest underdog story you can have.

In addition, by having HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN win the title WWE will be able to put out a few more figures with the current belt(s). And after he wins the title he can have a few 6 man tags were he can mostly rest on the apron, wait for the hot tag and get the pin. It will minimize his ring time, give the fans a chance to see him as champion again and fill time until he drops the title.

He doesn't need a long reign and doesn't need to beet anyone one on one (other than when he wins the title of course), but he needs to win the title and have that moment to bring the Hulkamania celebration (not to mention marketing ability) to a climax.

1527044_593516884030828_1806056202_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back