Hulkamania running wild in TNA?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwaller

Occasional Pre-Show
TNA Preparing Hogan A Huge Offer?
12/08/2006 by Ryan Gray

source: PWInsider

Yesterday on Bubba The Love Sponge radio show, Bubba said that Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan have informed him that Dixie Carter was going to go out and offer all he could to get Hogan to TNA as a booker and a wrestler working big shows.

Hogan could just be using TNA for WWE to give him a bigger offer.

bad move in my mind. Hogan is not a difference maker anymore. Hogan does not sell pay-per-views and does not draw ratings the way he used to. Why TNA would dump tons of money into him just doesnt seem logical to me. Bringing him on to be a booker seems like a step backwards. I am a loyel WWE fan but a fan of wrestleing in general and enjoy the TNA product, bringing aboard the Hulkster seems like a step backward for a company that is innovative and looking for something to set itself apart. On the other hand, Hogan does live in Flordia and would love the very soft schedule. Not sure about Russo's and Hogan's working relationship though.......... just my thoughts though.

whats your?:hogan:

i honestly doubt he will go to tna i think he is using tna so wwe pays him more money cus they would hate to lose a legend to their competitior

Does Hogan have any experience as a booker? Besides, there are very few "dream matches" that could come from Hogan going to TNA. Maybe Hogan vs Abyss, or vs Joe. Hopefully, if this ever were to happen, he wouldn't use his "creative control" to mess up TNA.

TNA Preparing Hogan A Huge Offer?
12/08/2006 by Ryan Gray

source: PWInsider

Yesterday on Bubba The Love Sponge radio show, Bubba said that Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan have informed him that Dixie Carter was going to go out and offer all he could to get Hogan to TNA as a booker and a wrestler working big shows.

Hogan could just be using TNA for WWE to give him a bigger offer.

bad move in my mind. Hogan is not a difference maker anymore. Hogan does not sell pay-per-views and does not draw ratings the way he used to. Why TNA would dump tons of money into him just doesnt seem logical to me. Bringing him on to be a booker seems like a step backwards. I am a loyel WWE fan but a fan of wrestleing in general and enjoy the TNA product, bringing aboard the Hulkster seems like a step backward for a company that is innovative and looking for something to set itself apart. On the other hand, Hogan does live in Flordia and would love the very soft schedule. Not sure about Russo's and Hogan's working relationship though.......... just my thoughts though.

whats your?:hogan:

I love TNA and love them because they always made the right moves in my mind, but if they bring in Hogan, I'm done with them. It's just another mover toward reincarnating WCW and I couldn't stand WCW because it was so poorly ran and if TNA brings in Hogan as a booker it's just ridiculous. He has the worst idea in my mind and I hate him. If he comes to TNA, as bad as WWE is, I think TNA would become much worse.

Hogan would be great to make an appearance down the line in TNA. But if they think him coming in would make that big an impact -- think again. I don't think we would bring viewers and I don't think we would really fit well. The only benefit would be press. Later on if TNA gets big it might be good to have Hogan stop in as a Legend -- but not to wrestle.

hogans time is almost already up...how tna would use him i have no idea because there really arent any matches that could b anticpated goin into tna...at this point in his career he wuld need a wrestler to carry him throughout the match...he would b better off staying in wwe because he has more advantages which is y i think this is jus a way for him to get more cash which he will so yea he's stickin to wwe

Does Hogan have any experience as a booker? Besides, there are very few "dream matches" that could come from Hogan going to TNA. Maybe Hogan vs Abyss, or vs Joe. Hopefully, if this ever were to happen, he wouldn't use his "creative control" to mess up TNA.

Hogan vs Abyss or Hogan vs Joe IMO would be sh!t. Hogan cannot carry a match anymore. Noth that he really could, It's just very obvious now. His mobility now comes into play.....those arent really "dream matches"

No, I would never want to see this happen because knowing Hogan he'd make himself defeat Joe and Abyss rather than put them over. I hate Hogan and everything he's ever done. He's trash in my opinion and is a cancer to any wrestling he shows up to with creative power.

i think they could get him as a booker
and as for TV slot i dont want him to wrestle as i think it would only downgrade where TNA wants to go
but i could see him as an enforcer general manager type

No. Even as a booker he's bad. As a booker he has always had horrible ideas when it came to making up storylines or deciding who will win what match. I think it's a horrible idea all around with no positives at all.

Why would TNA do this?, it just seems like another stupid Idea to me, The only thing I could think of as far as matches go is maybe something with Jeff Jarrett, a revenge angle for what Jarrett did to him in Japan a couple of years ago, and I'm sure he would probably push for a short NWA title run since thats the only major championship he hasn't won yet(I think), I really hope TNA doesn't go through with this, and if Hogans just doing this to get more money(like he needs it), then I hope it backfires on him, and he never wrestles again because his matches lack the one key thing all matches need, the entertainment factor

Actually hogan does still draw and he does still make money so for TNA this might not be as bad as you think

Hogan's time was up the second Ultimate Warrior got the pinfall on him at WM6. He's been limping along ever since and making a mockery of a once proud legacy. He needs to stay retired and not go anywhere near an active wrestling ring. Hogan as a creative mind in wrestling is as oxymoronic as you can get. He should stick to the things he's best at: tanning, flexing, bad reality TV, saying "brother", pushing his daughter's f***ing atrocious music, or going back to being a longshoreman. TNA needs Hogan like I need a case of the clap.

Hogan vs Abyss or Hogan vs Joe IMO would be sh!t. Hogan cannot carry a match anymore. Noth that he really could, It's just very obvious now. His mobility now comes into play.....those arent really "dream matches"

Don't get me wrong...what I'm saying is is that Hogan/Angle already has been done when he was on SD a couple of years ago. I would not at all want to see Hogan/Abyss or Hogan/Joe, Joe would destroy him, and make him look more of an embarassment than he already is. The people that are TNA marks would be putting out threads and replys that those are the "dream matches" that could come from Hogan going to TNA. I don't think it will ever happen though. If you think people dislike and make fun of Hogan in WWE, wait till he arrives in TNA...

This won't happen. Bubba will repeat anything Hogan says. So Hogan put this out to draw media attention so he would have leverage with Vince. Nothing more, nothing less. He will stay with WWE.

Hogan is a waste of space nowadays ever since like 2000 his has had nothing but bad matches and bad promos constantly, as a booker....nah not for me personally ill be very dissalusioned with what tna are trying to do if they waste money on hogan, for the same price as bringing in hogan on a huge deal they could strenghten there entire undercard and raise there PPV production in more of a bid to create an individual identity in the wrestling world.

Hulkamania is no longer living. Hulkamania died at the hands of Brock Lesnar. He wiped the blood of Hogan across his chest while standing over his broken and defeated body. His match with Orton is the only time Ive ever cheered Orton to win a match.

-Remedy's the Cure

As much as I liked Hogan back in the day, and even through the NWO era, he should probably retire in the ring. But it would be smart for TNA to sign him to do promotions or stop in and work the mic, purely for the name value. Think about it, many people don't watch TNA but everyone knows who Hulk Hogan is. If they ran tv ad's with Hogan in them, people would probably check out the show and might see what they like and continue to watch. It would be better for Hogan because he lives close by and the light schedule would be perfect for him. Everybody bashes Hogan, but plain and simple... if Hulkamania was never born, wrestling would not be what it is today so if he doesn't want to job or retire, I think he has deserved it.

Rofl.......99ws6 just want's Hulk Hogan in TNA cuz thats probay his favorite show/////BUt anyways that be a disaster if he went to TNA ,tehre would be riots of a crapload of peple startings riots of wwe fans who hate TNA...And trust me, alot of wwe fans are like racist to TNA in some way lol.

Rofl.......99ws6 just want's Hulk Hogan in TNA cuz thats probay his favorite show/////BUt anyways that be a disaster if he went to TNA ,tehre would be riots of a crapload of peple startings riots of wwe fans who hate TNA...And trust me, alot of wwe fans are like racist to TNA in some way lol.
I think you have it backwards. The average TNA fan would probably like to see Hogan burned at the stake for showing up and being a cancer to TNA like he was to WCW. He is the absolute last thing TNA would EVER need.

Hogan should have retired ages ago. If Russo and the rest of the TNA staff have a single brain cell, they will realise that this is the LAST thing that they want to do. The guy has lost any speed he had back in the 80's and most fans would despise to see this old man back wrestling. A publicity stunt and a popularity gamble like this is the last thing that TNA want, and Hogan would be the last person that people want to see in TNA. Sting can at least show glimpses of his past ability now, but Hogan is well past his prime and really couldn't add anything to the product now. I pray that we have seen the last of him, in any show. I couldn't stand to hear of another guy running through their talent, especially this old, frail man that is Hulk Hogan.

Leave it to the WWE to let him ruin their product. TNA should stay completely away from him. He is the WWE's problem now. Don't get involved, even if it will get some more fans, because it will ruin the great legacy of wrestlers and fresh programming that TNA has built up.

One appearance in TNA if they want a publicity stunt... Any more than that and they're screwed since they're money's going to go down the drain pointlessly.

^They already had Jarrett hit him with El Kabong at a press conference-type event a few years ago. Even that was more than enough Hogan for me in TNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back