• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan or The Undertaker??

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hulk Hogan and Mark Callaway aka The Undertaker wrestling careers are ten years plus away from each other as far as there legacys. But to focus more on both there careers in the WWF/E, there almost at eqaul. They both are icons of the industry! And yes even though Hulk Hogan is more of the house hold name, many non-wrestling fans can't talk wrestling without bringing up the Undertaker's name.

Hulk Hogan and The Undertakers careers all-around wise are almost simular...

-Both wrestled in WCW
-Both wrestled over in Japan
-Their both multible WWF/E champions
-Both fueded against the same bunch of wrestlers (Hart, Michaels, Flair, Nash, Sid), even against chairman WWE Vince McMahon

Hogan and Taker at there ages and health condition are at the line in there careers to hang it up for good...but they won't!

So who really all-around as far as a career, wrestler, matches, and promos is better, Hulk Hogan or The Undertaker??

It's not even close to me, Undertaker.

Hulk Hogan should have hung up his boots a long time ago, but can't because of his divorce. Undertaker has done much more extreme things then Hogan has in his old age (clearing the top rope to jump on an opponent for example) and has still been going strong up until this time. Undertaker never made a "Worst Wrestler" list at all; Hogan has achieved that multiple times. And Taker has taken time off very frequently to keep his physical condition in check.

Undertaker's legacy is superior to Hogan's in almost every way imaginable. Undefeated in the biggest most hyped wrestling pay per view of all time, noted as the purest striker in history, never tapped out, has multiple finishers that still wow the audience, and his gimmick (which rarely changed) still remained fresh in the public eye. Things that Hogan wasn't.

I guarantee you if you put Undertaker and Hogan in the same ring together today, the chants will build for the deadman. Hogan can get booed in any way, shape, or form (as noted when he took away TNA's 6 sided ring). Undertaker simply cannot get booed no matter what; he has achieved that legendary status, and it was before the Hulkster.

Call me lazy, but...

Both guys have amazing "no sell" power. However, Undertaker has never lost a match at Wrestlemania (afaik), whilst Hogan lost to the Ultimate Warrior.

In realistic terms, Undertaker can still perform in the ring, which makes him the winner in my book. Hogan can stand still and punch people, but Taker can still pretty much perform his entire moveset to this day. Of course, Hogan can cut a much better promo than the Deadman in my opinion.

Taker will always be a fan fave though, no matter who's watching the E.

Neither one really appeal to me with their character's right now, but if I had to pick a guy that could still perform then it's a no-brainer. Undertaker.

Just for that I have to side with the Deadman. He can still do, even if he is passed his prime. Hogan can't drop his leg down the way he did back in the glory days. Undertaker still Tombstones, Chokeslams,etc. Both of these guys draw just as many fans in my opinion then the other. But when it comes to doing, Undertaker has much more in the tank.

They are equal in my eyes when it comes to gimmick, draw power, and fanbase. But Hogan is now pretty much a speaker, and that's where they are going to stick him.

Hulk Hogan should have hung up his boots a long time ago, but can't because of his divorce. Undertaker has done much more extreme things then Hogan has in his old age (clearing the top rope to jump on an opponent for example) and has still been going strong up until this time. Undertaker never made a "Worst Wrestler" list at all; Hogan has achieved that multiple times. And Taker has taken time off very frequently to keep his physical condition in check.

Undertaker's legacy is superior to Hogan's in almost every way imaginable. Undefeated in the biggest most hyped wrestling pay per view of all time, noted as the purest striker in history, never tapped out, has multiple finishers that still wow the audience, and his gimmick (which rarely changed) still remained fresh in the public eye. Things that Hogan wasn't.

I guarantee you if you put Undertaker and Hogan in the same ring together today, the chants will build for the deadman. Hogan can get booed in any way, shape, or form (as noted when he took away TNA's 6 sided ring). Undertaker simply cannot get booed no matter what; he has achieved that legendary status, and it was before the Hulkster.

:lmao:

My favorite line of this was "Undertaker's legacy is superior to Hogan's in almost every way imaginable". Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so stupid in my entire life. Hogan's legacy consists of being the only man to ever revolutionize the wrestling business on a grand scale...and he did it TWICE, not just once. No other one man can claim to have done it once, and Hogan's done it twice.

Hogan is the reason wrestling exists in its current form. He is the reason merchandising exists on the grand scale it currently exists. He's the reason wrestling is entertainment based, and not in-ring based. He's the reason Attitude Era existed (because the nWo was kicking the WWF's ass every week WITH attitude). Hogan was the greatest face in wrestling history, and was the biggest drawing heel in wrestling history.

To claim the Undertaker is even worthy of kissing Hogan's ass is just laughable. If you put Hogan in his prime against Undertaker in his, Hogan would get the most cheers, or the most boos, depending upon what Hogan wanted the fans to do.

The fact is Hogan is untouchable in the history of pro wrestling by anyone not named Steve Austin. And to make comments otherwise is just ignorant.

Hogan, by a fucking mile.

As Sly already noted, Hogan is the only man in pro-wrestling history to have revolutionized the industry twice. I'd say a couple did it once – Vince McMahon certainly being one of them, but Hogan's "Immortal" moniker is the most à propos title ever given to a wrestling character as far as I'm concerned. When I say revolutionized, I mean revolutionized – everything changed when Hogan came about – in fact, everything changed twice.

Can you honestly name me a single wrestler outside of perhaps Steve Austin who could make an entire crowd explode into cheers (or boos) on the drop of a dime the way Hogan could?

While I appreciate everything the Undertaker has been able to accomplish in his illustrious career, he's still very much a part of wrestling's history, not it's definition. No man on earth IMO epitomized pro-wrestling like Hogan. No man.

Hogan by a LANDSLIDE. Hogan is arguably the greatest face and the greatest heel of all time. His drawing power was better than anybody's other than Stone Cold's and gave us some of the most memorable matches of all time.

So because Undertaker has done more extreme things than Hogan at a old age, that makes him better? Hogan didn't need to do those things to get over with a crowd. Is Evan Bourne better than HHH because he is willing to take more risks? I remember Hogan changing from the yellow and red to the black and white. I'm sure that wasn't being stale. Hogan achieved legendary status before he even went to WCW. Undertaker is way behind Hogan in terms of legendary status.

Call me lazy, but...

Both guys have amazing "no sell" power. However, Undertaker has never lost a match at Wrestlemania (afaik), whilst Hogan lost to the Ultimate Warrior.

In realistic terms, Undertaker can still perform in the ring, which makes him the winner in my book. Hogan can stand still and punch people, but Taker can still pretty much perform his entire moveset to this day. Of course, Hogan can cut a much better promo than the Deadman in my opinion.

Taker will always be a fan fave though, no matter who's watching the E.

Hogan put over Warrior like nobody else did. Don't hold that against Hogan as he was simply doing his job. Hogan put around thirty years of his career into wrestling so why does it matter that Undertaker is still wrestling now? Finlay is still wrestling so does that make him better than the Rock?

Lazy.

Neither one really appeal to me with their character's right now, but if I had to pick a guy that could still perform then it's a no-brainer. Undertaker.

Just for that I have to side with the Deadman. He can still do, even if he is passed his prime. Hogan can't drop his leg down the way he did back in the glory days. Undertaker still Tombstones, Chokeslams,etc. Both of these guys draw just as many fans in my opinion then the other. But when it comes to doing, Undertaker has much more in the tank.

They are equal in my eyes when it comes to gimmick, draw power, and fanbase. But Hogan is now pretty much a speaker, and that's where they are going to stick him.

Hogan is a much, much, much better draw than the Undertaker. When has the Undertaker even been a big draw? Maybe one or two times in his career. Hogan can have that with just two PPV's.

Just because Undertaker is wrestling right now and Hogan isn't doesn't make him better. Hogan was wrestling about fifteen years before Undertaker debuted in the WWE.

My favorite line of this was "Undertaker's legacy is superior to Hogan's in almost every way imaginable". Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so stupid in my entire life.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it stupid. People would agree The Rock was a bigger draw then Hogan. Would this be incorrect? If so, prove the statistics.

Hogan's legacy consists of being the only man to ever revolutionize the wrestling business on a grand scale...and he did it TWICE, not just once. No other one man can claim to have done it once, and Hogan's done it twice.

Yeah because Vince McMahon couldn't have revolutionized the way wrestling is looked at now at all :rolleyes: Vince made Hogan the character he was, and then Hogan left WWF for WCW. Hogan was still playing the exact SAME character (complete with yellow and red) until he went heel, and the only thing that changed about him is what he wore (black and white, with a different color of feather boas, how original) and everything he wouldn't have done as a babyface in WWF, so in other words just flipping his Superhero character around. Vince deserves credit here.

Hogan is the reason wrestling exists in its current form. He is the reason merchandising exists on the grand scale it currently exists. He's the reason wrestling is entertainment based, and not in-ring based. He's the reason Attitude Era existed (because the nWo was kicking the WWF's ass every week WITH attitude). Hogan was the greatest face in wrestling history, and was the biggest drawing heel in wrestling history.

Again, I point at Vince McMahon. He is the reason wrestling exists in its current form. To say otherwise is fallible; he was just a character given mic time. That's like saying Cena is the reason WWE is PG, as if John Cena had that power.

Hulk Hogan is extremely overrated: winning the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Award for Most Overrated Wrestler 7 times, Reader's Least Favorite 9 times (6 of these before he even went over to WCW), The Worst Wrestler Award won in 1997 (around the time he went heel), and Most Embarassing Wrestler 5 times.

But of course Wrestling Observer doesn't have a clue what they are talking about, right? :lol:

To claim the Undertaker is even worthy of kissing Hogan's ass is just laughable. If you put Hogan in his prime against Undertaker in his, Hogan would get the most cheers, or the most boos, depending upon what Hogan wanted the fans to do.

Undertaker was cheered when he made his first debut, and he was a heel. In fact, I will go so far and say he was cheered in his fight against Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series in 1991. He was undefeated until then, garnished more praise then Hogan did his rookie year, and he wasn't even trying to get on the fans good side. Undertaker didn't even need mic time to be over with the audience.

The fact is Hogan is untouchable in the history of pro wrestling by anyone not named Steve Austin. And to make comments otherwise is just ignorant.

The Rock is possibly the biggest draw in WWE media-wise. Things like movies, television spots, etc were much more favorable compared to Hogan having a conversation with ALF and starring in such memorable movies like Suburban Commando. The Undertaker trumps Hogan in Wrestlemania, years dedicated to the WWE, and he isn't bashed half as much as Hogan is now. We could have a Ric Flair and The Undertaker thread, and everything you have said can be said about Flair.

But of course if people think differently than you they are ignorant. Poor logic.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it stupid. People would agree The Rock was a bigger draw then Hogan. Would this be incorrect? If so, prove the statistics.

Yeah because Vince McMahon couldn't have revolutionized the way wrestling is looked at now at all :rolleyes: Vince made Hogan the character he was, and then Hogan left WWF for WCW. Hogan was still playing the exact SAME character (complete with yellow and red) until he went heel, and the only thing that changed about him is what he wore and everything he wouldn't have done as a babyface in WWF. Vince deserves credit here.

Vince deserves credit but do you think he could have found anyone other than Hogan and make it work the exact same way. You'll be foolish to think otherwise.

Again, I point at Vince McMahon. He is the reason wrestling exists in its current form. To say otherwise is fallible; he was just a character given mic time. That's like saying Cena is the reason WWE is PG, as if John Cena had that power.

Vince deserves credit but do you think he could have found anyone other than Hogan and make it work the exact same way. You'll be foolish to think otherwise.

Hulk Hogan is extremely overrated: winning the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Award for Most Overrated Wrestler 7 times, Reader's Least Favorite 9 times (6 of these before he even went over to WCW), The Worst Wrestler Award won in 1997 (around the time he went heel), and Most Embarassing Wrestler 5 times.

But of course Wrestling Observer doesn't have a clue what they are talking about, right? :lol:

It amuses me that you cite the Wrestling Observer to make your argument. Just because Hogan doesn't do flashy moves or go to the top rope does not make him a bad wrestler. He found something that worked and ran with it better than anyone else.

Undertaker was cheered when he made his first debut, and he was a heel. In fact, I will go so far and say he was cheered in his fight against Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series in 1991. He was undefeated until then, garnished more praise then Hogan did his rookie year, and he wasn't even trying to get on the fans good side. Undertaker didn't even need mic time to be over with the audience.

Little kids were hiding and crying at the thought of Hulk Hogan losing to the Undertaker and you want to say that the Undertaker was cheered? Nice one.

The Rock is possibly the biggest draw in WWE media-wise. Things like movies, television spots, etc were much more favorable compared to Hogan having a conversation with ALF and starring in such memorable movies like Suburban Commando. The Undertaker trumps Hogan in Wrestlemania, years dedicated to the WWE, and he isn't bashed half as much as Hogan is now. We could have a Ric Flair and The Undertaker thread, and everything you have said can be said about Flair.

But of course if people think differently than you they are ignorant.

Hogan was doing movies before the Rock thought about being a wrestler. I would say Hogan is the biggest draw media-wise there's ever been.

Hogan wrestled in the main event in the first nine Wrestlemanias. To me that's way better than Undertaker's unbeaten (not undefeated) streak.

Randy Savage seemed pretty "2nd option" to me. But of course what do I know? Just looking at crowd reaction, gimmicks and such.

It amuses me that you cite the Wrestling Observer to make your argument. Just because Hogan doesn't do flashy moves or go to the top rope does not make him a bad wrestler. He found something that worked and ran with it better than anyone else.

I gave a valid point in why I believe Hogan isn't as great as Undertaker. I fought opinions with facts; if this humors you then you have a very conceited opinion. And I never said anywhere that Hogan was a bad wrestler; that's putting words in my mouth. Again, I argue Taker is better than Hogan- a publicly known magazine seems to think so.

Little kids were hiding and crying at the thought of Hulk Hogan losing to the Undertaker and you want to say that the Undertaker was cheered? Nice one.

Not everyone in the freakin Golden Years was a kid. They hid from Taker then? They'd get a kick out of Kane's hellish gimmick don't you think?

Didn't see a single kid cry when John Cena was flattened by the likes of Randy Orton, NXT, The Great Khali, etc. But I guess kids were more sensitive back then, or so you'd say. Bet those same "kids" back then were the ones on-camera crying when Cena got gang-banged. And those were adults.

Hogan was doing movies before the Rock thought about being a wrestler. I would say Hogan is the biggest draw media-wise there's ever been.

Because he was wrestling before The Rock? I call shenanigans that seems like a DUH moment to me. :disappointed: Hogan wasn't that big a media draw, what did he do that was so huge- Headline the first Wrestlemania with Mr. T? That's great, iconic in fact, now what else?

Hogan wrestled in the main event in the first nine Wrestlemanias. To me that's way better than Undertaker's unbeaten (not undefeated) streak.

...are you arguing undefeated and unbeaten are two different things? Please clarify the difference there.

The Undertaker fought in almost every single Mania since Mania VII. That to me is bigger than Hogan's "first nine".

Again, I argue Taker is better than Hogan- a publicly known magazine seems to think so.

Are you able to form your own opinion? Or, do you always steal someone else's?

Didn't see a single kid cry when John Cena was flattened by the likes of Randy Orton, NXT, The Great Khali, etc. But I guess kids were more sensitive back then, or so you'd say.

This is because when I was a kid, we believed it could be real. Pro wrestling had not been outed as scripted yet to the masses. We little kids were not privy to that information back then. Ignorant? You bet. But, that doesn't change this fact.

Hogan wasn't that big a media draw, what did he do that was so huge- Headline the first Wrestlemania with Mr. T? That's great, iconic in fact, now what else?

Here is where you prove your utter stupidity. Does Andre the Giant ring a bell? Hogan MADE Wrestlemania.

The Undertaker fought in almost every single Mania since Mania VII. That to me is bigger than Hogan's "first nine".

Hogan's first nine are far superior to Taker's for the sole reason that when Wrestlemania first started, it wasn't a huge draw yet. Hogan made Mania a huge draw. Undertaker never did that. Mania was already HUGE when he fought Snuka.

Give it up, dude. You are getting owned all over this thread.

This Hogan without the shadow of a doubt, Undertaker hasn't revolutionized the business in ways Hogan did, Undertaker has never EVER had the popularity that Hulk Hogan had when he was at the top.

Hulk Hogan turned two, I repeat, TWO promotions into mega promotions, he revolutionized wrestling through WWF and made that a household name for everybody to watch today, a million (perhaps billion) dollar company, that has run like half a century now.

And to top it off, that very company, Hogan's popularity almost ran out of business while he was in WCW, Hogan has accomplished way more in world title masses, having held more championships and for a much longer time than Undertaker.

Undertaker has the streak yes, and an on-going gimmick that very few people could have run with, Undertaker is the superior in-ring wrestler in terms of being able to perform moves, but that's about the only places Undertaker is superior to Hulk Hogan, and it's not even anything noteworthy compared to what Hogan did.

This one goes to Hogan, no doubt.

Are you able to form your own opinion? Or, do you always steal someone else's?

:banghead: Next time read everything else I post. You won't look so lost. I mentioned the Wrestling Observer as a valid statement; if you can't take the time to read everything else I type then you should leave now. Thousands of subscribers for WO but they are all wrong, right? Get a grip.

This is because when I was a kid, we believed it could be real. Pro wrestling had not been outed as scripted yet to the masses. We little kids were not privy to that information back then. Ignorant? You bet. But, that doesn't change this fact.

A walking corpse seems logical to a kid?

Here is where you prove your utter stupidity. Does Andre the Giant ring a bell? Hogan MADE Wrestlemania.

No, Vince made Wrestlemania. What is with people assuming someone is stupid when they themselves are late in what I type? Hogan just had the ability to pick up Andre the Giant and pin him. And that was Wrestlemania III in case you didn't know. Iconic as it was, it wasn't the first. I keep pointing at the brains of the company and everyone still sides with the surfer on steroids? :confused:

Hogan's first nine are far superior to Taker's for the sole reason that when Wrestlemania first started, it wasn't a huge draw yet. Hogan made Mania a huge draw. Undertaker never did that. Mania was already HUGE when he fought Snuka.

It only took him a few Manias to get it right. Who makes Wrestlemania a huge draw now? dun-dun-dun

Give it up, dude. You are getting owned all over this thread.

By opinions? If that is the only thing people will fight me with you're right; because it's a lost cause. I give facts and get bitched at for not having my own opinion...might as well should have went with Hogan so I can kiss IWC's ass. Oh, see what I did their? Had my own opinion.

:banghead: Next time read everything else I post. You won't look so lost. I mentioned the Wrestling Observer as a valid statement; if you can't take the time to read everything else I type then you should leave now.

Oh, I read everything you posted, as asinine as it was.

Did I say anything about it being logical? I didn't think so, douche.

No, Vince made Wrestlemania. What is with people assuming someone is stupid when they themselves are late in what I type? Hogan just had the ability to pick up Andre the Giant and pin him. And that was Wrestlemania III in case you didn't know. Iconic as it was, it wasn't the first. I keep pointing at the brains of the company and everyone still sides with the surfer on steroids? :confused:

Because that surfer on steroids is the one who people pay to see. Not Vince. Why you can't understand this, is beyond me.

It only took him a few Manias to get it right. Who makes Wrestlemania a huge draw now? dun-dun-dun

This thread isn't about who is the bigger draw now, shit for brains. The only person here who is making the case for now, is you.

By opinions? If that is the only thing people will fight me with you're right; because it's a lost cause. I give facts and get bitched at for not having my own opinion...might as well should have went with Hogan so I can kiss IWC's ass. Oh, see what I did their? Had my own opinion.

What facts? That Taker is a bigger draw now? That is a fact, but not relevant to the question that was posed. Picking Hogan here is not kissing the IWC's asses. It is a fact. The fact that you can't see this, is not my problem. That lies solely within yourself. I suppose now you will say that Mickey Mantle was bigger in baseball than Babe Ruth was.

Oh, I read everything you posted, as asinine as it was.

We can't all be brown-nosers Cobra, you seem to take up too much space.

Did I say anything about it being logical? I didn't think so, douche.

Great arguement. Sorry I ruined your childhood. Now I'm waiting for you to say something about my momma.

Because that surfer on steroids is the one who people pay to see. Not Vince. Why you can't understand this, is beyond me.

Takes a great salesman to sell his product. You would know this if you didn't have your face ass-deep in the people that argue with me.

This thread isn't about who is the bigger draw now, shit for brains. The only person here who is making the case for now, is you.

I only stated the wrestlers in modern-society. Isn't my fault they took their time arguing history with me. Wrestling shouldn't be taken so literally anyways. And you didn't even make a stand for Hogan, but posted on here just to pick a fight with me, shit for brains. Have your own opinion. I have mine that I backed up with a legitimate Wrestling magazine.

What facts? That Taker is a bigger draw now? That is a fact, but not relevant to the question that was posed. Picking Hogan here is not kissing the IWC's asses. It is a fact. The fact that you can't see this, is not my problem. That lies solely within yourself. I suppose now you will say that Mickey Mantle was bigger in baseball than Babe Ruth was.

1. I posted, I posted god help me just to remark on modern wrestling. Truth is Hogan is as good for wrestling now as much as Muhammad Ali is good for boxing. I digress; Hogan isn't diagnosed with Parkinson's or whatever, but he is as much of a draw now then Ali would be if he promoted a boxing promotion.

2. You didn't throw in your own opinions (like I did), you didn't bring up facts (like I did), and you replied to me to fight, which you're not doing a good job of. Come at me when you have designated proof Hogan is: A. more impactful to the media then The Rock is. B. A better all-round wrestler than Undertaker is and C. is relevant to the entertainment of wrestling fans today.

This should be good.

Randy Savage seemed pretty "2nd option" to me. But of course what do I know? Just looking at crowd reaction, gimmicks and such.

I gave a valid point in why I believe Hogan isn't as great as Undertaker. I fought opinions with facts; if this humors you then you have a very conceited opinion. And I never said anywhere that Hogan was a bad wrestler; that's putting words in my mouth. Again, I argue Taker is better than Hogan- a publicly known magazine seems to think so.

Not everyone in the freakin Golden Years was a kid. They hid from Taker then? They'd get a kick out of Kane's hellish gimmick don't you think?

Didn't see a single kid cry when John Cena was flattened by the likes of Randy Orton, NXT, The Great Khali, etc. But I guess kids were more sensitive back then, or so you'd say. Bet those same "kids" back then were the ones on-camera crying when Cena got gang-banged. And those were adults.

Because he was wrestling before The Rock? I call shenanigans that seems like a DUH moment to me. :disappointed: Hogan wasn't that big a media draw, what did he do that was so huge- Headline the first Wrestlemania with Mr. T? That's great, iconic in fact, now what else?

...are you arguing undefeated and unbeaten are two different things? Please clarify the difference there.

You do know that your facts are based off on writer's opinion when talking about the Wrestling Observer.

Just because you didn't see kids cry when Cena got destroyed doesn't mean it didn't happen? I'm sure you're so great to see the reaction of every single kid in the audience.

Let's see what else was huge for Hogan at WM. How about WM 3 against Andre which was one of the best buildups to a match ever? How about Hogan and Savage? Hogan vs. Warrior in a Title vs. Title match? Hogan has been in plenty of bigger matches at WM than Undertaker.

It's not hard to see the difference between undefeated and unbeaten. Since Undertaker is still wrestling, he's unbeaten. If he retires with the streak, then he is undefeated. Even you can understand that.

Takes a great salesman to sell his product. You would know this if you didn't have your face ass-deep in the people that argue with me.

Because I agree with people, I am kissing their asses? I sure hope you aren't this ignorant away from the internet. You wouldn't last in the real world.

I only stated the wrestlers in modern-society. Isn't my fault they took their time arguing history with me. Wrestling shouldn't be taken so literally anyways. And you didn't even make a stand for Hogan, but posted on here just to pick a fight with me, shit for brains. Have your own opinion. I have mine that I backed up with a legitimate Wrestling magazine.

It is NOT about now! Realize this, please. You are not doing yourself any favors by ignoring the OP's question. Career vs career, remember? History HAS to be brought up to give a fair analogy.

The bold part made me laugh, yet again. You can bring in all the magazines you want. It doesn't make a difference.

How did I NOT make a stand for Hogan? Would you care to reread my posts again and tell that I didn't?

1. I posted, I posted god help me just to remark on modern wrestling. Truth is Hogan is as good for wrestling now as much as Muhammad Ali is good for boxing. I digress; Hogan isn't diagnosed with Parkinson's or whatever, but he is as much of a draw now then Ali would be if he promoted a boxing promotion.

There you go again with this "now" bullshit. Irrelevant, just like the Ali remark.

2. You didn't throw in your own opinions (like I did), you didn't bring up facts (like I did), and you replied to me to fight, which you're not doing a good job of. Come at me when you have designated proof Hogan is: A. more impactful to the media then The Rock is. B. A better all-round wrestler than Undertaker is and C. is relevant to the entertainment of wrestling fans today.

A. The Rock? I thought we were talking Taker vs Hogan? lol

B. Can you prove that Hogan isn't a better wrestler than Taker? Neither are great examples of a great wrestler. So, that is a moot point. It's a toss up.

C. Again with the "now," shit. lol But, in his day, Hogan was on numerous television shows, movies, talk shows, etc. Hogan didn't just entertain the fans through wrestling. Can Taker say that? Can Taker say he has been on as many of those entertainment related programs than Hogan has? Nope.

:banghead: Next time read everything else I post. You won't look so lost. I mentioned the Wrestling Observer as a valid statement; if you can't take the time to read everything else I type then you should leave now. Thousands of subscribers for WO but they are all wrong, right? Get a grip.

It's going to be so much fun owning you on this one.

The Undertaker has only been a draw in one Wrestlemania and that was Wrestlemania 24.

Wrestlemania 12: HBK and Bret Hart was the draw
Wrestlemania 13: Bret Hart and Steve Austin was the draw
Wrestlemania 14: Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels was the draw
Wrestlemania 15: Steve Austin and the Rock
Wrestlemania 17: See Above
Wrestlemania 18: Hogan and the Rock
Wrestlemania 19: Debatable between HBK/Jericho or Angle/Lesnar
Wrestlemania 20: Triple Threat Match
Wrestlemania 21: Debatable between Angle/HBK or Batista/HHH
Wrestlemania 22: John Cena/HHH
Wrestlemania 23: Battle of the Billionaires
Wrestlemania 24: HBK/Flair
Wrestlemania 25: OMG, Undertaker got one in there
Wrestlemania 26: Cena/Batista

If you think Undertaker was a huge draw battling Snuka, Roberts, Gonzalez, and Bundy then I feel sorry for you.

You do know that your facts are based off on writer's opinion when talking about the Wrestling Observer.

Incorrect; that was based on a poll. People voted, not the writers.

Just because you didn't see kids cry when Cena got destroyed doesn't mean it didn't happen? I'm sure you're so great to see the reaction of every single kid in the audience.

Was just an example on kids crying because of Taker- no need to blow it out of proportion. People do that here enough.

Let's see what else was huge for Hogan at WM. How about WM 3 against Andre which was one of the best buildups to a match ever? How about Hogan and Savage? Hogan vs. Warrior in a Title vs. Title match? Hogan has been in plenty of bigger matches at WM than Undertaker.

Wasn't arguing Mania build up. Was talking about Manias in general. Hype was the selling point for both Hogan and Taker; I'm not arguing Taker had less of competition then Hogan did. But the streak and how many he was in compared to The Hulkster.

It's not hard to see the difference between undefeated and unbeaten. Since Undertaker is still wrestling, he's unbeaten. If he retires with the streak, then he is undefeated. Even you can understand that.

Nobody says Undertaker is "unbeaten" at Wrestlemania here. They don't even say that on WWE.com when Mania is around the corner. The popular word is "undefeated". I'm not saying it's right, but it's what everyone else uses as a word. Everyone could be grammatically incorrect, but in the end it makes no difference.

It's going to be so much fun owning you on this one.

Finally got a jab in? Bout time.

The Undertaker has only been a draw in one Wrestlemania and that was Wrestlemania 24.

Wrestlemania 12: HBK and Bret Hart was the draw
Wrestlemania 13: Bret Hart and Steve Austin was the draw
Wrestlemania 14: Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels was the draw
Wrestlemania 15: Steve Austin and the Rock
Wrestlemania 17: See Above
Wrestlemania 18: Hogan and the Rock
Wrestlemania 19: Debatable between HBK/Jericho or Angle/Lesnar
Wrestlemania 20: Triple Threat Match
Wrestlemania 21: Debatable between Angle/HBK or Batista/HHH
Wrestlemania 22: John Cena/HHH
Wrestlemania 23: Battle of the Billionaires
Wrestlemania 24: HBK/Flair
Wrestlemania 25: OMG, Undertaker got one in there
Wrestlemania 26: Cena/Batista

If you think Undertaker was a huge draw battling Snuka, Roberts, Gonzalez, and Bundy then I feel sorry for you.

So...champions are the only draw now? That's bullshit; people paid to see HBK/Taker and cared about those matches more then Cena/Batista. You're supposed "ownage" is whimsical at best.

Because I agree with people, I am kissing their asses? I sure hope you aren't this ignorant away from the internet. You wouldn't last in the real world.

It is when you don't say anything original. And "CobraVenom" screams G.I. Joe reject more than it does outlaw biker Mr. Real World.

It is NOT about now! Realize this, please. You are not doing yourself any favors by ignoring the OP's question. Career vs career, remember? History HAS to be brought up to give a fair analogy.

You lie; you didn't read a damn thing I stated when I was first posting. I mentioned my thoughts and opinions about how Undertaker (in my opinion) was better than Hogan based on in-ring capability and gimmick.

The bold part made me laugh, yet again. You can bring in all the magazines you want. It doesn't make a difference.

You're right; people don't read anymore. You're leading by example.

How did I NOT make a stand for Hogan? Would you care to reread my posts again and tell that I didn't?

Wrestlemania III. People already mentioned it. Way to be original.

There you go again with this "now" bullshit. Irrelevant, just like the Ali remark.

More relevant then your Babe Ruth remark. At least Ali is alive.

A. The Rock? I thought we were talking Taker vs Hogan? lol
:lmao: this proves you came in late in the argument. Didn't read my argument with Slyfox at ALL. He remarked that only Austin could outdo Hogan, in media and other things. I mentioned The Rock was more of a draw in television and movies. YOU FAIL HERE.

B. Can you prove that Hogan isn't a better wrestler than Taker? Neither are great examples of a great wrestler. So, that is a moot point. It's a toss up.

Course I can't prove thousands of people right. That's like arguing religion.

C. Again with the "now," shit. lol But, in his day, Hogan was on numerous television shows, movies, talk shows, etc. Hogan didn't just entertain the fans through wrestling. Can Taker say that? Can Taker say he has been on as many of those entertainment related programs than Hogan has? Nope.

I redirect to The Rock, who I have been arguing was bigger than Hogan media-wise. No one said a thing about Taker outshining Hulk in television. This was an argument between myself and Sly, which you obviously are slow on.

And I asked for wrestling entertainment.

Finally got a jab in? Bout time.

So...champions are the only draw now? That's bullshit; people paid to see HBK/Taker and cared about those matches more then Cena/Batista. You're supposed "ownage" is whimsical at best.

I never said that champions are the only draw. Is every match I listed a match between champions? No it isn't. Cena/Batista had a great buildup especially with Batista being heel and most fans looked forward to it more than Undertaker/HBK.

in the 80's and 90's, Hogan was the biggest draw in the world and Undertaker hasn't come close to equalling a tenth of that.

I never said that champions are the only draw.

No but you were suggesting.

. Cena/Batista had a great buildup especially with Batista being heel and most fans looked forward to it more than Undertaker/HBK.

IWC was marking out to Cena/Tista more than they were HBK vs. Taker 2? Which side of the fence were you on? I must disagree.

in the 80's and 90's, Hogan was the biggest draw in the world and Undertaker hasn't come close to equalling a tenth of that.

Oddly enough, you've just brought the best argument right here than anyone else has. You put it down exactly how it should be; something that I cannot argue. Hogan was the biggest draw in the world in the time Taker was debuting. Taker looks underrated compared to Hogan when he got in WWE. I will argue debutes, in-ring prowess, and fanbases, but I cannot argue the way you just typed that out. I like that :) respect.

I love a good debate; no one should really take them seriously to the point of name-calling. You win.

Since I like Undertaker immeasurably more than Hulk Hogan, but recognize that Hogan popularized wrestling and whatnot, I'd like to address each of the criteria in the OP originally.

Career: In terms of pure drawing power and revolutionization, Hogan by a mile. But "career" is pretty broad, so there are multiple way to address this. Hogan ran into shit numerous times, the pivotal point probably being the steroid scandal. Undertaker has a very clean record as far as things like that go.

Undertaker is definitely going to go out in a much, much better way, as Hulkamania is suffering from unrestrained bowls in its dying hours in TNA.

Wrestler: Undertaker, definitely. 'Taker had bad matches at points in his career, such as when he was told to move like a zombie initially, and when he's involved in a mismatch (ala CM Punk) in modern times, but Hogan had one good wrestling match in his career that I know of, and probably not many more besides. Undertaker has been a participant in some of the greatest matches of all time, two of which were incredibly recent.

Matches: Good matches? Undertaker. Important matches? I'd say Hogan. Andre/Hogan was pivotal, Warrior/Hogan was good and pivotal, and I'm sure there's a laundry list of other ones.

Promos: This one is pretty even-cut, but I think Hogan gets it here; he's always had an incredible voice and amount of charisma on the mic; that is, when he's playing a face. Undertaker has had a very wide spectrum of promos in his career as his character "evolved"; I believe some of his best work was in the first Deadman era; before that, he had his barely-spoken, pessimistic Mortician promos spoken in the dark, and after that, he went through various mixtures of the Deadman and his real accent. His Texan accent and some Big Evil elements (I believe) come across a little too much in the modern era, in which I believe he should have the a mixture of Deadman and Mortician speech, with occasional (but not constant) nods to the other personas.

Finally, as a person? Undertaker by a landslide. Undertaker has always carried himself, shown incredible discipline and trustworthiness, kept wrestlers in line and served as a leader you can go to. Hogan lies horribly in interviews, thinks God wanted his son to mangle a veteran, came back to WWE several times and insisted on a high salary and pinning new guys, rather than jobbing and accepting his role in the grand wrestling machine as temporary. Now, he won't accept it as done.

Since I like Undertaker immeasurably more than Hulk Hogan, but recognize that Hogan popularized wrestling and whatnot, I'd like to address each of the criteria in the OP originally.

Career: In terms of pure drawing power and revolutionization, Hogan by a mile. But "career" is pretty broad, so there are multiple way to address this. Hogan ran into shit numerous times, the pivotal point probably being the steroid scandal. Undertaker has a very clean record as far as things like that go.

Undertaker is definitely going to go out in a much, much better way, as Hulkamania is suffering from unrestrained bowls in its dying hours in TNA.

Wrestler: Undertaker, definitely. 'Taker had bad matches at points in his career, such as when he was told to move like a zombie initially, and when he's involved in a mismatch (ala CM Punk) in modern times, but Hogan had one good wrestling match in his career that I know of, and probably not many more besides. Undertaker has been a participant in some of the greatest matches of all time, two of which were incredibly recent.

Hogan was putting out great matches before he even got to the WWE. Even when he was in the WWE he was putting on great matches with The Ultimate Warrior, Savage, etc. You need to watch some old Hogan matches before you spew stuff like this.

Matches: Good matches? Undertaker. Important matches? I'd say Hogan. Andre/Hogan was pivotal, Warrior/Hogan was good and pivotal, and I'm sure there's a laundry list of other ones.

See previous statement.

Promos: This one is pretty even-cut, but I think Hogan gets it here; he's always had an incredible voice and amount of charisma on the mic; that is, when he's playing a face. Undertaker has had a very wide spectrum of promos in his career as his character "evolved"; I believe some of his best work was in the first Deadman era; before that, he had his barely-spoken, pessimistic Mortician promos spoken in the dark, and after that, he went through various mixtures of the Deadman and his real accent. His Texan accent and some Big Evil elements (I believe) come across a little too much in the modern era, in which I believe he should have the a mixture of Deadman and Mortician speech, with occasional (but not constant) nods to the other personas.

I've never been bored by a Hogan promo. Most Undertaker promos almost put me to sleep because of how boring they can get.

Finally, as a person? Undertaker by a landslide. Undertaker has always carried himself, shown incredible discipline and trustworthiness, kept wrestlers in line and served as a leader you can go to. Hogan lies horribly in interviews, thinks God wanted his son to mangle a veteran, came back to WWE several times and insisted on a high salary and pinning new guys, rather than jobbing and accepting his role in the grand wrestling machine as temporary. Now, he won't accept it as done.

Let's look at Hogan's last run with the WWE. He lost to the Rock, beat HHH for the Title, lost to Undertaker, lost to Kurt Angle, lost to Lesnar, and lost to Rock again. Hogan lost a lot in his last run in the WWE.

Still Hogan by a landslide.

No, the fact it is so ignorant and asinine is what makes it stupid.

The only people who agree The Rock was a bigger draw than Hogan are people who think ROH is good wrestling, and that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

Yeah because Vince McMahon couldn't have revolutionized the way wrestling is looked at now at all :rolleyes:
There's a MAJOR difference between "couldn't" and "didn't".

Could he have? Maybe. Did he? No, Hogan did.

Vince made Hogan the character he was, and then Hogan left WWF for WCW.
Bullshit. That is the most ridiculous argument out there.

Hulk Hogan was already a mega babyface. He was main-eventing in the AWA, challenging for the NWA World Title, and was main-eventing in Japan, even going over Antonio Inoki in the first IWGP tournament. He also was featured strongly in the incredibly popular Rocky 3 and played a character which dominated Balboa until the very end.

I still can't believe people actually buy into the myth that Vince McMahon made Hogan. Vince McMahon did two things for Hogan; he recognized Hogan's greatness, and he rode Hogan's coattails. That's it.

Hogan was still playing the exact SAME character (complete with yellow and red) until he went heel, and the only thing that changed about him is what he wore (black and white, with a different color of feather boas, how original) and everything he wouldn't have done as a babyface in WWF, so in other words just flipping his Superhero character around. Vince deserves credit here.
Wait...did you just say that Vince deserves credit for Hollywood Hogan? How the fuck can that make sense, even in your mind?

The Hollywood character WASN'T simply the opposite of the Real American. The Hollywood character was very much a classic heel, but at the same time, it also relied on the fact that Hogan was just clearly better than everyone else, which really WASN'T something you saw from heels at the time, and flaunted how great he was. Combine that with the "attitude" Hogan and the nWo brought to wrestling, and Vince was actually stealing from Hogan, not the other way around.

Again, I point at Vince McMahon.
And again, you are wrong.

He is the reason wrestling exists in its current form. To say otherwise is fallible; he was just a character given mic time. That's like saying Cena is the reason WWE is PG, as if John Cena had that power.
It amazes me how wrong one person can be. Without Hogan and his drawing power, Vince McMahon takes YEARS, if not DECADES longer to conquer the wrestling world, if it even happens at all. There's no greater example of this than with the original Wrestlemania, an event which would make or break McMahon, an event that ONLY would have happened if Hogan was on the card. Had there been no Hogan, there would have been no Wrestlemania. There was no one who could have drawn enough to make Wrestlemania financially viable for those first years, had Hogan not been there.

Hogan was special, he wasn't lucky. And if McMahon could just pluck anyone to become a mega star, how come there hasn't been one since The Rock left? How come McMahon almost had to close his doors, you know, when Hogan was kicking his ass?

The fact is that Superstars are guided, not made. And in Hogan's case, he made wrestling what it is today. And The Undertaker? If it hadn't been for Hogan, he wouldn't even have the Wrestlemania streak, which when you come right down to it, is his main claim to fame.

The Wrestling Observer? THAT'S your source? Oh my god, I seriously cannot believe you tried to use the Wrestling Observer to make a point. You do realize that not only is Meltzer stuck so far up his own ass he can't see the light of day, he also is an extremely biased hack, with absolutely no experience in the business.

I have a better idea, how about we take the word of people who actually have some kind of credibility in the business? You know, guys like Bret Hart and Ric Flair, both whom have called Hogan the greatest ever. But hey, a guy who has never worked in the business and is a blind mark for guys with Japanese last names is far more credible than two of the greatest ever to work in the business.

Undertaker was cheered when he made his first debut, and he was a heel.
No he wasn't.

In fact, I will go so far and say he was cheered in his fight against Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series in 1991. He was undefeated until then, garnished more praise then Hogan did his rookie year, and he wasn't even trying to get on the fans good side. Undertaker didn't even need mic time to be over with the audience.
Wow...did you really just say that? And you want to claim that Vince was the reason Hogan saw so much success during his career? Wow...just wow.

Let's talk about the Undertaker. Here you have a guy who, like you said, didn't have much interaction with the crowd, has notoriously put on terrible matches at the biggest shows, has always been a weak main-event draw, and yet is considered one of the greatest ever by fans. And you don't think that is a prime example of a guy who happened to fall into the right gimmick at the right time? My god, THAT is far more a case of Vince making a guy, than anything else in wrestling history. The Undertaker's gimmick is what got him over, and has helped him become regarded as one of the best ever.

Because it sure as hell wasn't the matches he's been in, and certainly not at the biggest shows of the year.

The Rock is possibly the biggest draw in WWE media-wise. Things like movies, television spots, etc were much more favorable compared to Hogan having a conversation with ALF and starring in such memorable movies like Suburban Commando.
What you're missing is that if Hogan hadn't been such a mainstream media star, the Rock would never have had those opportunities.

Hogan opened so many doors for today's wrestlers, and fans just don't seem to realize that. I bet you have a wrestling shirt in your closet somewhere, don't you? Where did you buy that shirt? Did you order a WWE magazine, and then order the shirt through the magazine? Or did you get it at a show, or in your local store? When Hogan was revolutionizing the wrestling business, merchandising was one of the greatest things he brought to wrestling. Throw in his incredible mainstream appeal, his jump to TV and movies, and the doors he opened for wrestlers are numerous.

The Undertaker trumps Hogan in Wrestlemania
Only in matches won, not in importance to Wrestlemania, or number of quality matches.

years dedicated to the WWE
Which means fuck all in this discussion, considering we're not just talking about WWE careers.

and he isn't bashed half as much as Hogan is now.
Which again has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. Barry Bonds is arguably the most criticized baseball player ever...doesn't change the fact that (ignoring the steroid controversy) he's the best baseball player ever.

We could have a Ric Flair and The Undertaker thread, and everything you have said can be said about Flair.
Except for the whole "revolutionized the business twice", and "is the reason wrestling exists in its current form" thing. Those two don't really apply to Flair.

But of course if people think differently than you they are ignorant. Poor logic.
No, when people say stupid things, I assume they are ignorant. I guess you could just be stupid, but I tend to think positively about people, so I call them ignorant instead.

First of all, Hogan has had three great matches at Wrestlemania alone, at 5 vs. Savage, 6 vs. Warrior and 18 vs. Rock. Throw in his underrated match with Slaughter at WM 7 and his fun match with McMahon at 19, and to say Hogan has only one good wrestling match in his career is silly. And that is ONLY his Wrestlemania career, it doesn't consist of other matches he's had.

As far as Taker goes, his matches with HBK are overrated. The one this year was better than last year's, but to call either of them great is just silly. I'd say this year's was good and last year's was acceptable. Other than that, where are Taker's good matches? HIAC with Michaels? Fine, good match. But where else? He's NOTORIOUSLY terrible in matches at big shows like Wrestlemania or Summerslam. Where are these other "greatest matches of all times"?

Finally, as a person? Undertaker by a landslide. Undertaker has always carried himself, shown incredible discipline and trustworthiness, kept wrestlers in line and served as a leader you can go to.

The Undertaker is a big bully backstage. There are countless examples of Undertaker trying to intimidate other wrestlers to do things the way he thought they should be done, and him playing mean jokes on others.

Hogan lies horribly in interviews
You do realize this is pro wrestling right? Where the very show is nothing but a lie.

It amazes me how fans have such a terrible time telling real life from in character.

came back to WWE several times and insisted on a high salary and pinning new guys, rather than jobbing and accepting his role in the grand wrestling machine as temporary. Now, he won't accept it as done.
So, you're holding it against him that he's smart?

Tell me this...if you were promoting a wrestling card, and wanted to receive the highest attendance possible, who would you book: Hogan, Ric Flair or Mick Foley? Of course you would book Hogan. Why? Because the other two guys have ****ed out their reputation and are no longer seen as top guys in the sport. But if you had to promote between Hogan, Austin and Rock, who would get highest attendance? Well, that becomes a much more difficult scenario, because all three of these guys went out as THE top guy in the business.

To say Hogan is a bad person because he's the one guy who refused to let Vince McMahon run him over is just absurd.

Hogan was putting out great matches before he even got to the WWE. Even when he was in the WWE he was putting on great matches with The Ultimate Warrior, Savage, etc. You need to watch some old Hogan matches before you spew stuff like this.
Neither Hogan nor Warrior showed technicality worth a damn in their main-event WWF runs, but I have to admit they put on a good match at Wrestlemania VI.

Hogan vs. Savage? Savage was a reasonably good wrestler; when he was carried by someone like Steamboat, he could put on an amazing show. When Savage carried Hogan, the matches were entertaining, but I can't call them good wrestling matches. There were too many non-wrestling spots when both Elizabeth and Sherry were involved, and otherwise, I think their matches were very slow-paced, had long periods of non-action, and were not very fluid or realistic. Looking back, Hogan would bounce unathletically off the ropes, pull Savage's hair and place his hand under him while he got up while pretending he picked him up, etc. I realize the definition of a good match differs from person to person, and it's often impossible to put it into words, but I didn't see technical cohesion in the rivalry.

To be honest, I'd never seen any pre-Vince, Sr. Hogan matches before I made my post, and only a few pre-AWA matches. Looking at some Japan clips, he performed well with Antonio Inoki in singles competition, in a tag match, he still moved much quicker and used some holds. Maybe it was booking's fault, or my being used to the current era, but I don't think the happenings of the matches were sufficient to make them good; Hogan dominated too much, especially in the tag match; I'm not sure, since I can't understand Japanese, but I suppose they were making him to be a dominant heel. But nothing seemed "solid", and there were no exciting near-falls. But if Hogan performed like this, he's bound to have had good matches in his younger years, and I'm sorry for saying or implying that he couldn't have a good match; it was out of ignorance.

But, as far as his WWF career goes, he didn't demonstrate good athleticism or technical skills, as far as I'm concerned, but he paved over it with storytelling and intensity.

I've never been bored by a Hogan promo. Most Undertaker promos almost put me to sleep because of how boring they can get.
To the contrary, I've never been bored by an Undertaker promo; he's always been incredibly interesting to me, since he's one of the only windows to the supernatural element of the WWE fictional universe. He wasn't nearly as interesting as the Baddass at times, but I haven't seen any of his promos that bore me.

Let's look at Hogan's last run with the WWE. He lost to the Rock, beat HHH for the Title, lost to Undertaker, lost to Kurt Angle, lost to Lesnar, and lost to Rock again. Hogan lost a lot in his last run in the WWE.
He also beat Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton, and had Ric Flair job to him every single show in Australia. Though he won more than I would have liked him to, he did have more losses than I thought, so thank you for correcting me.

As far as Taker goes, his matches with HBK are overrated. The one this year was better than last year's, but to call either of them great is just silly. I'd say this year's was good and last year's was acceptable. Other than that, where are Taker's good matches? HIAC with Michaels? Fine, good match. But where else? He's NOTORIOUSLY terrible in matches at big shows like Wrestlemania or Summerslam. Where are these other "greatest matches of all times"?
Well, to me, that sounds particularly silly. I consider 'Taker's matches with Michaels to be the greatest of all time. As far as his other great matches, here's several off the top of my head:

Hell in a Cell with Lesnar
Wrestlemania with Edge
Wrestlemania with Batista
Versus Kurt Angle at No Way Out
Versus Jeff hardy on RAW in a Ladder Match

The Undertaker is a big bully backstage. There are countless examples of Undertaker trying to intimidate other wrestlers to do things the way he thought they should be done, and him playing mean jokes on others.
There's a difference between being a bully and being a good leader, which requires discipline and strong personal confrontations and lectures to ensure a particular outcome.

Could you give me an example of a reported "mean joke," please? I've never heard of any, only exclaimations of immense respect from every wrestler that's been asked about him.

You do realize this is pro wrestling right? Where the very show is nothing but a lie.

It amazes me how fans have such a terrible time telling real life from in character.
Let me correct myself, then:
shoot interviews. And in court.

So, you're holding it against him that he's smart?
To say Hogan is a bad person because he's the one guy who refused to let Vince McMahon run him over is just absurd.
Being "smart" isn't insisting on a win or pushing an expired character. And Vince "running him over"? I don't see what you mean; Vince would have jobbed the guy out, simply because that was the best course of action to take. His gear in the scheme of current things had already been replaced, his health ailing and his legend cemented and expired; the only thing he could do to generate long-term revenue now (and hence, improve the business) would be for him to lose to people.

Tell me this...if you were promoting a wrestling card, and wanted to receive the highest attendance possible, who would you book: Hogan, Ric Flair or Mick Foley? Of course you would book Hogan. Why? Because the other two guys have ****ed out their reputation and are no longer seen as top guys in the sport.
Hogan was the biggest star out of the three, but I don't see how the other two ****ed out their reputation more than Hogan did. They all did the exact same thing: go to TNA. It could be said that all three also went out of retirement, but I suppose Hogan's retirement was only implied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back