• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan in WWE?

JH27

Occasional Pre-Show
OK just been watching the True Story of Wrestlemania and seen something that is just a little bit weird to me. They have Hogan on the DVD commenting on the wrestlemanias that he has been apart of.

Now that in itself is not anything out of the ordinary but normally when they have someoe from TNA or no longer with the company it has a little label saying recored in such a year. It doesn't say that on the DVD it looks as though he did it recentley.

So that being said if he is a TNA contracted personality then why is he trying to help the WWE sell DVDs

because although wwe can use his matches and pre recorded commentary for what ever use they like they still have to pay him royalties

hogan makes money
vince makes money

every ones a winner baby

hogan wont be really bothered what vince does as hogan makes money

Jeez, I know, right? The WWE must have had to look really, really hard to find footage of Hulk Hogan in their video archives. :rolleyes:

Hulk Hogan's only been under contract with TNA for fifteen months. Unless you're smoking meth like a Hardy, you aren't going to look that much different over the course of fifteen months. (On that note, that might explain all the face paint on Jeff lately.)

Type, think, *then* hit "Create New Thread". It'll save us all a lot of frustration.

Jeez, I know, right? The WWE must have had to look really, really hard to find footage of Hulk Hogan in their video archives.

Ok that being said any other time they have used stock footage of hogan or bischoff or anyone not in the WWE it always has the year they recorded it. For example all the footage of those two in the rise and fall of WCW had that.

All I was pointing out is that by the looks of things Hogan has gone back to do a DVD with WWE even though he is under contract with TNA and that to me is a bit weird

Ok that being said any other time they have used stock footage of hogan or bischoff or anyone not in the WWE it always has the year they recorded it. For example all the footage of those two in the rise and fall of WCW had that.

All I was pointing out is that by the looks of things Hogan has gone back to do a DVD with WWE even though he is under contract with WWE and that to me is a bit weird
I realize that. Making the assumption that Hulk Hogan must be recording for WWE now simply because they didn't provide a year on this DVD is still a huge leap.

The simplest solution is usually the correct one. For instance, the DVD could have been created by a different team of editors. There could be a corporate decision to stop including the year of recording. This is all a lot simpler than a top wrestler for a company actively working for the competition.

This topic outlines what the problem has been all along. Hogan never should have been a part of TNA any more than he should have been a part of WCW.

In the 80's, WWE and Hogan created a revolution in sports entertainment; a complete reorganization of the "sport." Yes, the man has a right to work anyplace he wants, but he never should have wanted to work anyplace but WWE. Whether he thinks he did it all by himself or not, he was an institution in the business. Even after his days as a wrestler were over, he could have had a role in WWE for the rest of his life.

I think the only reason he joined TNA was because of financial difficulties caused by his divorce. Before that, he seemed content to show off his lavish lifestyle on that ridiculous reality show of his.

But when WWE wants to show the history of Wrestlemania, there's no way to do it without Hogan, regardless of the fact that he now works for another wrestling organization and Vince McMahon must be gritting his teeth to be forced to use Hogan footage.

But you can't do a montage of Wrestlemania without Hogan, and that's why he should never have disassociated himself from WWE. His legacy and WWE's are inextricably tied together and should never have been broken.

OMG I JUST FIGURED WHY TNA SUCKS OK SO VINNY MAC TOLD HOGAN TO GO TO TNA TO DESTROY THE COMPETION SO HE BISHOFF AND RUSSO ALL WENT THERE TO DESTROY TNA MAKES PERFECT SENSE ok if u really think i meant a word of that ur pulling a jeff hardy and on meth seriosly like stated before
prerecorded matchs and audio >.>

The WWE does not need to pay royalties to anyone on their footage that they own.

You do not pay royalties on anything if you own it. If you buy the Beatles catalogue, who gets the royalties when it is used? You. Why? Beacuse you own it. If you use it do you pay yourself? No. Why? Because you own it. Fucking duh.

What the fuck guys? Seriously? This is below basic economics. This is a common sense idea. If something needs fixing in your house and you fix it, do you pay yourself for the job? How on earth are there posts saying that Hulk Hogan gets paid for footage recorded of him while he was in the WWE? WTF. Damnit. I think this thread just gave me a nosebleed.

If Hulk Hogan made a video of himself today and sold it to the WWE and they used it on their show or in a new DVD then maybe. But that is not what is going on. They are using archived footage.

Type, think, *then* hit "Create New Thread". It'll save us all a lot of frustration.

See that quote? Do that. Do that all the time. Please. I don't want to bleed out from all of the stupidity I am being exposed to.

The WWE does not need to pay royalties to anyone on their footage that they own.

You do not pay royalties on anything if you own it. If you buy the Beatles catalogue, who gets the royalties when it is used? You. Why? Beacuse you own it. If you use it do you pay yourself? No. Why? Because you own it. Fucking duh.

What the fuck guys? Seriously? This is below basic economics. This is a common sense idea. If something needs fixing in your house and you fix it, do you pay yourself for the job? How on earth are there posts saying that Hulk Hogan gets paid for footage recorded of him while he was in the WWE? WTF. Damnit. I think this thread just gave me a nosebleed.

If Hulk Hogan made a video of himself today and sold it to the WWE and they used it on their show or in a new DVD then maybe. But that is not what is going on. They are using archived footage.
Um, Hogan gets royalties from the sales of the DVDs. I don't know how you don't know this. This is standard in the entertainment industry. When a company sells a DVD, it's participants get a cut of the profits. Not a large cut, but a cut nonetheless. I've heard numerous wrestlers talk about getting royalty cheques from being on DVDs. Lance Storm, for instance.

The fact that you come in here all piss and vinegar telling people what's what, WHEN YOU'RE WRONG, makes you look like a fool. Do a little research before you go stating your opinion as fact.

look all I'm trying to say is watching the DVD it doesn't look like it is just stock footage it looks like he has gone back either this or last year and recorded this. Now that may or may not be true and it may just be stock footage.

Either way I thought that itmay be something that people would be interested into hear clearly I was wrong. :banghead:

OT But I do suggest that you pick up the DVD it is an amazing insight to the first 26 Manias

Ano right its just like the wwe games. RVD was on sdvsraw2011 yet hes in tna and the new wwe game has hogan on it. Its like wwe are inviting tna stars on there products secretly but pretending they dont want to work with them. hmmm

ok the wwe ownes everything they have on all stars from wwe ecw and wcw !!!
1 dollar from every dvd sold goes out as royalties checks split on any movie that focus on that star ! hogan will not get anything for !! its more like a documenty on mania ! however wwe all stars game hogan will get a gut of it because its a new uses of his likeness

Let me tell something what i personally feel.
I feel that hogan is a ****** who needs an asylum.I mean to say,there is no wrong in earning money.But this business is about respect and money.TNA has lost a lot of both since the arrival of "Hogan and Freaks(friends lol)" into the company.Now they are doing things which is making the company inferior to WWE.Incidents like the jeff hardy one and now hogan doing this sort of thing are only adding nail to the coffin.He is literally ROBBING tna.
And i do think that this ****** is a man noone can trust.Neither Vince nor Dixie.

See that quote? Do that. Do that all the time. Please. I don't want to bleed out from all of the stupidity I am being exposed to.

Someone should put a lock on your fuckin' fingers, because you coming off like a dick-in-an-asshole. As a poster said before this, you better do your research. Taking to account it's Hulk Hogan as well. If what you suggested happened, Hogan would have been taking every lawyer he had at his disposal just to squeeze a dollar out of Vinces ass. Hogan even sue Post cereal just for using his likeness, so imaging an actual video of him. And the fact that you were so "douche Baggy" with your response to the OP and everyone here makes you just seem like a bigger assclown than "The Situation" actually thinking he's funny.

But back to the OP's Q. Royalties and the such. Hogan was one of the biggest assests of the company, no doubt about it, so any use of him or his likeness, he would be entitled to some monetary reimbursements. Hogan could use the money I suppose with the happenings of his personal life and TNA clearly going in the toilet.

Sorry, but Old Thunder Lips needs to fade into obscurity, I'm all Hulked out. He has always been way overrated, he was never even a good wrestler. All he did was the leg drop and Hulk Out. Yawn..... Terry Bolea was only a pimple on the ass of wrestling.

Dicklicks, royalties get paid off of licensing. Your toys, your shirts, your special appearances, your personal DVDs.

Not your damn matches and interviews. The company they work for owns them. Yes, Hogan will get royalties for a Hogan DVD, but not for a compilation DVD about the company itself.

Go ahead and keep guessing at shit.

hogan has been a big part in wwe and in wrestle mania, plus people will buy it to see interviews and what not with hulk hogan on it. its more a cash grab plus wwe owes hogan alot for helping get the wwe up to the top.

Dicklicks, royalties get paid off of licensing. Your toys, your shirts, your special appearances, your personal DVDs.

Not your damn matches and interviews. The company they work for owns them. Yes, Hogan will get royalties for a Hogan DVD, but not for a compilation DVD about the company itself.

Go ahead and keep guessing at shit.

What you have to remember is when Hogan initially signed with WWE he set up the contract to get money off of everything his name and likeness is associated with. He was the first person in wrestling history to do that, hence one of the reasons he was able to switch companies with the name Hulk Hogan that Vince created. So every game, DVD, Video, anything that has his name and likeness he get a cut of it doesn't matter what Vince has done he trademarked his name and likeness why do you think he is winning lawsuits against Post and he has another one now. He owns his likeness.

It's not that I do not remember deforty. It's just that I know know and understand the difference between a royalty, a trademark, and a copyright, and intellectual property.

Hulk wins with Post cereal because they are using his likeness without permission. Hulk does not get royalties from his footage when he was on the opening montage of RAW.

Yes, he gets cash from his likeness in games and his likeness on posters and whatnot.

The work that one does while under contract with a company belongs to that company. While he will get money for a Hulk DVD with his face on it, he will not get money for...let's say the WWE replaying a match he had while with them or a picture of him with the Rock that is in a WWE Magazine or a promo he made while with the company.

That is called intellectual property. That is what the WWE owns. That is what I am talking about that seems to be the primary misunderstanding between those fools up there who think that they are correct because they all agree with eachother.

It's not that I do not remember deforty. It's just that I know know and understand the difference between a royalty, a trademark, and a copyright, and intellectual property.

Hulk wins with Post cereal because they are using his likeness without permission. Hulk does not get royalties from his footage when he was on the opening montage of RAW.

Yes, he gets cash from his likeness in games and his likeness on posters and whatnot.

The work that one does while under contract with a company belongs to that company. While he will get money for a Hulk DVD with his face on it, he will not get money for...let's say the WWE replaying a match he had while with them or a picture of him with the Rock that is in a WWE Magazine or a promo he made while with the company.

That is called intellectual property. That is what the WWE owns. That is what I am talking about that seems to be the primary misunderstanding between those fools up there who think that they are correct because they all agree with eachother.

You might be right on this one, but i'm not sure. Take for instance in music more specifically Metallica vs Megadeth, Dave Mustaine had issues regarding money he was owed by Metallica because they were using lyrics he wrote on the first 2 metallica albulms. I heard he still gets money from Metallica everytime those two albulms are sold, but i could be wrong about this as i don't know the specifics about the subject.

Even if Hogan DID recently record commentary for his Wrestlemania matches, so what? It's not like either TNA or the WWE ignores everything Hogan did during his time in the WWE. Hogan is a wrestling personality, regardless of what promotion he's working for. His greatest years have been with the WWE, and I wouldn't take it as some sort of "shot" at TNA for having Hogan do commentary on it.

I feel the same way about Foley doing promotional work with WWE for his book. You don't have to have sleep overs with your best friend Vince McMahon to do business with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back