How would you have done it?

The Scarred One

The Greatest of All Time
As wrestling fans, we always talk certain directions wrestlers should take in order to be more successful.

So with this discussion, I ask the question "how would you have done it?" In other words, if you were Vince McMahon, Dixie Carter or one of the many creative/booking minds in WWE or TNA, how would you have handled a certain wrestler in need of better utilization or direction. For example, we've talked about how the likes of Ted DiBiase, John Morrison, Montel Vontavious Porter, Drew McIntyre and Jack Swagger who, despite their talent and accolades, are not getting rave reviews these days. Same goes with TNA with the likes of AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Brian Kendrick and Desmond Wolfe among others. In many of these cases, it's more of a matter of booking, creative direction and execution as opposed to the individual themselves.

I'll give you an example of how this discussion will work.

Let's take Montel Vontavious Porter. When he first debuted on SmackDown back in 2006, he became one of the brand's top stars with his nearly year-long reign as United States Champion and his feuds with Kane, Chris Benoit and Matt Hardy. But by late 2008/early 2009, the WWE decided to turn him face with a losing streak, in which he lost his signing bonus and NFL-like inflatable tunnel. But then, he broke his losing streak and officially became face. He won the United States Championship again, got drafted to RAW, lost the title, got lost in the shuffle, got drafted back to SmackDown and seems to be stuck in limbo.

So now, how would I have done a successful MVP face turn? After he loses everything he had from when he debuted and the losing streak continues, he gets in a real funk and tells Vickie Guerrero that he's going home for a while. A series of vignettes will detail MVP back in Miami as he visits his old haunts and reflects on his life, such as when was in prison and how he got started in wrestling. At the same time, he will rediscover his passion for wrestling in this "Eye of the Tiger" fashion. So, he comes back and starts winning again while gaining the fan's approval and becoming a major player due to his newfound humble nature, becoming a People's Champion. Would something like that work? How would you do it differently?

But that's what this discussion is about. In my case, it's more of a matter of execution in turning him face and how it could be done under the right circumstances.

So what would you do in regards to some other WWE or TNA wrestlers in need of a boost? Put yourself in Vince McMahon's or Dixie Carter's shoes. How would you have executed Drew McIntyre's debut in WWE last year? How would you have handled Jeff Hardy's return to TNA? How would you have handled Ted DiBiase's break away from Legacy? How would you have handled John Morrison's or Edge's face turn while maintaining everything that made them popular in the first place?

What are your ideas and thoughts?

This is about Christian and his return from TNA to WWE in '09, here's how it would of went down:

Edge would of retained the title at Extreme Rules '09 due to outside interference (possibly any heel at the time) and then a vintagge of a masked man would say "Remember me Edge?" and then Edge would look shocked/weirded out and thought nothing of it, and then Edge would retain against whoever at the Bash and then another vintage would air saying "Sure you don'tremember me...brother?" Edge loses it and then goes on a wild rampage and tries to get Vickie and la famila to get rid of the masked man until at Night of Champion the opponent that was about to face Edge was disposed of by La Familia and the final vintage airs with the masked man says "Don't worry Edge the execs found a replacement for (whoever) and it shall be me, a part of your "La Familia". A brother, but most of all...Captain Charisma, (Yanks off mask and shows himself as Christian) that's right peeps the Peeps champ is back and shall whoop Edge's ass!!!

Now I have to say I shall stop here because there are two ways this could benefit Christian, win- be Champ of Smackdown, lose-almost the Face of Smackdown automatically, any wh this would give WWE a maineventer on Smackdown, large enough and good enough on the mike and credible enough to be champion or a main eventer.

For WWE I probably wouldn't of let Brian Danielson go no matter whose panties were ruffled. Danielson could of been a strong worker for the NXT group. Eventually he could branch away from NXT, and become his own man on Raw or even on Smackdown. I would put him in a feud with The Miz for the US title immediately. Miz would go on to bigger things while Dainelson would be the US champ. Anything is better then having Danielson being unemployed on the Indy circuit.

For TNA, I have to go with Desmond Wolfe as my prospect. He wouldn't be jobbing to anyone after his feud with Angle. He would have won a series of matches against the Pope and against Abyss. Then he would move on to become the Global Champion and give the belt some prestige for once. He would be a crucial Enforcer type member of Fortune. He may lose a few matches, but he would always receive the upper hand. Chelsea wouldn't of left him or feel disdain for him either.

Personally, I would certainly not push somebody as boring and small as Evan Bourne. He's basically Rey Mysterio Jr. without his mask on. All these little high flying twerps beating up on giants constantly just isn't believable. The whole part of the David and Goliath story is that he defied the improbable odds. But if those odds start to constantly be in the little twerps side...it just gets ridiculous. You have Great Khali jobbing matches but little Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio Jr. beating everybody in sight? Sorry. Don't buy it. Would they win once in a blue moon? Sure. Would they constantly beat up on bigger and stronger wrestlers? Absolutely not. Not a chance in hell. It stretches things way too far and needs to stop.

That being said, I understand Ted Dibiase wants to be his own person and not follow his father's footsteps...but I think if he did kind of take his father's old role on...it would be great for WWE. Having a Million Dollar Team established...where you didn't know who was going to be bought next. He could do the same kind of thing but in an updated 2010 kind of way. Dibiase Sr. never really had a large stable back in the day. Ted can perhaps do that. He needs something because he's treading water out there with his boring personality. This would at least give him a life preserver he could use for a little while...while it would also be used as a safe haven for wrestlers who they didn't really know what to do with. That's what WCW used to do with wrestlers who were under contract that they didn't know which direction to put them. They would throw them in the NWO. Especially when the Red and Black became the elite (even with Hogan in there) and Stevie Ray headed the black and white towards the end. They would just throw any mid card or jobber in there they didn't know what to do with. Now the WWE doesn't need to do this to that extent...but it would be a nice little cushion if they ever needed it once or twice.

As for TNA, I would push Desmond Wolfe like no other. He is the perfect bad guy with one of the best personalities in TNA. Making him a vicious villain would be ideal and perfect. I would do anything possible to make that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back