How would you have booked Wrestlemania 19 and 20?

Last Outlaw

Dark Match Winner
This is how I would've done it. I think 19 was a pretty damn good show overall. It's the second best Mania I've ever seen (seen all from 14-present) but I'm trying to do something different and see if it could possibly be better.

20 was pretty bad so that could definitely be improved.

WWE_WrestleMania_19_0001.jpg

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Matt Hady (c) vs Rey Mysterio (c)
Opens the card, same result except that the match would be given a bit more time.

WWE tag team Championship - No DQ
Team Angle (c) vs Los Gurrerros
Taking away Benoit/Rhyno and making it no DQ.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Women's Championship
Trish Stratus vs Vicotria (c) vs Jazz
Same match they originally had.

6 man over the top rope battle royal for the vacant IC title
Christian vs Rob Van Dam vs Scott Steiner vs Booker T vs Test vs Goldust
This is similar to the idea they used to determine the champion at Judgment Day 2003.

Streak - Chain Match
Undertaker vs Kane
Taker had turned on Kane at the Rumble so that's how the rivalry starts. It's a cop out but it's a better match for Taker than facing Show/A-Train.

20 years in the making - Street Fight
Vince McMahon vs Hulk Hogan
This had a pretty damn good build up as it is. No need to change it.

Grudge Match
Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels
Keeping it the same but I would've focused more on the build up. It was average with Y2J talking about how HBK was his idol and now he had to surpass him to become better than him but I would've emphasized this was the return of Mr. Wrestlemania after 5 years. That should've been a big deal.

WWE Championship - Submission Match
Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit
Damn good match at the Rumble so I would've had a rematch at WM. Never thought Lesnar/Angle (despite being a great match) was main event worthy since neither guy was a major draw at the point. As a fan, I don't really care about who's a draw or not since it doesn't effect me in anyway but it's different if you're working for the company. I would've had Benoit win a #1 contender match at No Way Out probably.

World Heavyweight Championship
HHH (c) with Ric Flair vs Brock Lesnar
Lesnar wins the Rumble but challenges HHH for the title.

Career vs Career Match
The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
This should've been the major attraction and drawing point of WM. The fact that Rock wanted to challenge Austin to "have done it all" was fine but they had to add to the build up by letting everyone know this could've possibly been Austin's last match. They dropped the ball here because adding this stipulation would've ensured a better buyrate and it was also pretty sad to see Austin walk up that ramp for the last time without anybody knowing it was his last match at the time.

logo-wm20.jpg

United States Championship
John Cena vs The Big Show (c)
Wouldn't change a thing here. Cena does his usual thing, opens the show freestylin' and gets the crowd hyped up. He goes over after knocking Show out with the brass knucks and delivers the FU.

Grudge Match
Christian vs Chris Jericho
Wouldn't change a thing here. Trish turning heel was a shocker and a good one.

Hardcore Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs Mick Foley
This is the exact same match they had at Backlash which was great. Foley puts Orton over.

Hair vs. Title match for the WWE Women's Championship
Victoria (c) vs Molly Holly
Wouldn't change a thing.

Tables tag match for World Tag Team Championship
RVD and Booker T (c) vs the Dudley Boyz vs Batista and Flair vs Kane and Snitsky
I'm keeping the WWE tag titles off the card and this one it's sort of a filler with a random gimmick match I added. Snitsky debuts earlier forming a tag team with the evil, sadistic and psychotic Kane.

Triple threat match for the WWE championship
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle
I'm having Goldberg go for the streak even though I've always thought Lesnar should've gone for it but that sort of leaves Goldberg without a credible opponent. Lesnar retains the title at No Way Out via DQ, Angle still wins the #1 contenders match they had which sets up the triple threat.

Streak match
Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer vs Goldberg
I'm not totally sure what the build up for this will be. I'd have Taker vs Vince the main event of the SD right after Armageddon in a Buried Alive match. They've had a Buried Alive match on SD before and I'm only doing this because it means Goldberg would've wrapped up his feud with HHH and Evolution. Him interfering in the match Vince and Taker had at SS wouldn't make a lot of sense because he was the babyface, the WHC and right in the midst of his feud. Goldberg interferes on Vince's behalf turning heel, going on a crusade saying he had ended the Undertaker and how he had the greatest streak in all of professional wrestling. The first time Taker and Goldberg have an interaction is 2004 Rumble where Taker's gong distracts Goldberg causing him to be eliminated. The feud picks up from there....

World Heavyweight Championship
HHH (c) with Ric Flair vs Chris Benoit
I feel wrong for changing this match because it was damn near perfection but I have to because the undercard and midcard of the actual PPV was beyond terrible. This would still be a great match though.

Dream match
The Rock vs Shawn Michaels
Nothing really needs to be said here. This would've been a terrific match up that everyone always wanted to see since these two had never matched up before. The build up, specifically the promos between the two would've been great and same goes for the match itself.

I agree with you on WrestleMania XX. I do think they dropped the ball by having The Rock return and not having it in a singles match. That being said, they wanted Evolution to look strong because Triple H was losing later in the night so delegating them to losing a 4-way tag match isn't a good idea.

Also, if The Rock was going to face Shawn Michaels, it would have been earlier in the night. There isn't really much on the line between them so main eventing wouldn't really work as a suspenseful ending to the event. The match would have been fantastic though.

I'm thinking that The Rock could have gone one-on-one with Randy Orton putting him over. They could have built this up by having Orton challenge Foley and then Evolution beating him up so bad that Foley had to drop out of WrestleMania. The Rock would come back after seeing their atrocious actions and Orton would be excited to end the legend of the Rock after ending Foley. By this time, Orton was already starting to be known as the Legend Killer. It would have been perfect. Also, with Lesnar and Goldberg leaving, they needed to make a new star, and they had Orton win the World title several months later, so why not build him up here? Going over Rock would have made him a legitimate star. Once he beats Rock at WrestleMania through under-handed tactics, he could continue his feud with Foley and have that amazing match at Backlash.

Also, Orton beating The Rock would have given him a huge ego-boost that would have made him rebel against Triple H. After all, Triple H didn't even win his match at WrestleMania. This could have been a catalyst for Triple H turning on Orton later in the year.

Undertaker was just returning and facing Kane was a great return match. Then again, I would have preferred him facing Batista instead. Imagine that. Randy trying to kill The Rock's legend, Batista trying to end The Streak and Triple H defending his World title. It would have been a great WrestleMania for Evolution. Ric Flair could have been in EACH of their corners.

I like how the Evolution storyline turned out, but it could still have been better had they been a more important part of WrestleMania. Maybe Flair could have had his own match with Shawn Michaels?

• Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair
• The Rock vs. Randy Orton
• The Undertaker vs. Batista
• Chris Benoit vs. Triple H

Sounds great to me.

I would only change two things for WrestleMania 19:

1) The World Tag Team Championship match would've been a part of the card. Maybe even the show opener. It was sad that RVD and Kane won the tag belts on Sunday Night. I would've like to seen it open the show.

2) The Undertaker vs Big Show in a No Holds Barred match. That Handicap match was disgraceful. I have no idea what was going on with Nathan Jones at that time, but Taker vs Show would've made for a better match IMO.

WrestleMania 20 stays the same IMO, well there is one minor change I'd make:

Batista and Ric Flair would've been involved in that Tag Team Championship match and win.

I also agree that Orton and Foley should've had their Hardcore Match at Mania and then save that 2 on 3 Handicap Match for Backlash. A win like that over Foley at WrestleMania would've put Orton over HUGE.

Everything else stays the same. The Triple Threat World Title match was one of the greatest WrestleMania Main Events in a long time. A one-on-one match wouldn't have the same feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back