How would you debut a star?

Wrestlezones Top Heel
I told you all how I would do mine and let you create a perfect superstar (hopefully this ain't spam I'm new to this)so now tell how you would debut them

-Give them the shittiest gimmick you could possibly come up with (white boy rapper, Jersey Shore reject, etc)

-If they can capitalize on said gimmick, then you have a star.

It's really that simple. Don't give them a badass gimmick just to find out their heart really wasn't that into the company. Make them pay their dues. It has worked wonders for a lot of the guys in the back. Seriously, everyone's favorite somewhere down the line had to use a shitty gimmick or go with a horribly bad angle. What makes them different than the rest of the pencil neck geeks is how they run with it.

As of right now, debuting someone is very hard. Unless you want them to be a super face or heel. Something that I believe would be successful, is to bring in a new heel with "Corporation 2.0". With Cody returning as a major baby face and almost getting his hands on any one against him, and this heel just destroys his chance,or even the complete opposite. The new guy helps Rhodes with the chance to get his hands on them and redeem himself. It could very fairly be anyone but a diva. A singles wrestler or a tag team. With the Shield and Orton any class could debut. Especially since "Corporation 2.0" has every mens title but the I.C And W.C title. I think a good mid carder has a perfect opportunity to debut, or even a return with someone such as Morrison or Benjamin. I'd love to see Mason Ryan back with something in this.:shrug:

- Firstly, as tempting as it might be, don't start off your wrestler's career with nothing but nine weeks of vignettes. One or two weeks is plenty to said wrestler, to gain attention they need. When you over do vignettes, your wrestler will be disliked immediately, why? Because he has been over pushed into the awareness of the fans. Resulting in sour tastes before they even debut.

- Secondly, don't over do it with the gimmick. Have a rough idea of the direction you want your wrestler to go in, then work inwards from there. Is he a brawler, is he technical, is he flashy? These are the things you need to think of. It's best not to have the gimmick be too ridiculous, it's rare that obscure gimmicks find their place, so it's best to leave a little vagueness. This allows for the wrestler to adjust to said gimmick and expand upon it himself.

- Thirdly, remember that your wrestler is new to the big leagues, he's not supposed to be high almighty yet, even if you're pushing him. Don't be afraid to lose a few matches. It is not believable that this new superstar, that is a rookie, has built up a 3-month undefeated streak against guys that are supposed to world-class professionals.

- Fourthly, keep in mind that there are other stories happening at the same time with other guys climbing the ladders. Don't be afraid to pair them up sometimes, two new guys facing each other can be as exciting as a new guy facing a veteran. When you have two different entities that are high in the eyes of the fans, capitalise on it! Not everyone comes out their feud looking like a winner, it's part of being developed. Strike whilst the iron is hot.

- Fifthly, choose your pairings CAREFULLY. Don't just start your wrestler's debut with nothing more than weeks and weeks of facing generic jobbers and unmatched opponents. Squash matches were fine in the 1980s, but writing has improved since then. No one wants to see a generic local wrestler in a match with someone who is new and twice their size. It's silly and gives away the ending before the match has even began.

- Finally, have all debuts be half and half when it comes to the person's place in morality. We don't need 15 different heels who do nothing but dominate their opponent and have the same "I like to hurt people" shtick. Faces should be treated with the same creative writing other than the happy-go-lucky smiles and sucking up to the crowd. Faces can have an edge, it's not just black and white as gentlemen like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero and even Randy Orton have shown us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that, congratulations on making your debut and your first run in professional wrestling. I'm hoping you have made a good following, made an impact and most of all, related to the people you are entertaining. I wish you luck on your future and hope to see you progress through the ranks with the effort I am sure you will put in. One day you might become a title holder, maybe even a world champion. But until then, work hard, put in the hours, pay your dues and put on some great stories for the crowd.

Best of luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you liked this training pamphlet, then please consider purchasing other fine works from my collection, that include:

- Are you in a good tag team?
- Why doesn't the crowd like me?
- Adjusting to a new division
- Dating a diva, is it for me?
And of course:
- What to do when you get backstage heat

Something I've thought about occasionally.

Start out with some "The Boss" giving you some strange gimmick, and as a result of the gimmick it causes you to lose.

"Well that didn't work how I'd planned, try this" Another, even more ridiculous gimmick.

Have this go on for about a month or two, each week it being just as dumb as the last, all causing losses as a result of the stupid gimmick. Seeing the wrestler get more and more frustrated as a result.

Finally have him come out without any specific gimmick, looking frustrated and confused. He's in the ring, and it's going to be a tag match and as his partner's announced it's someone like a Kofi or Miz, some upper mid-card face. He grabs the mic and say's something along the lines of "Wait a second. Where's the joke? I've been out here making a fool of myself for weeks now, and now here I am looking normal with you here....what's going to happen next? You know what, I don't plan on finding out" and he beats the hell out of his partner setting up his first real feud.

1. Vignettes

2. If a tailor made feud is there ie. Kane and Undertaker, you can have them appear seemingly out-of-nowhere to start a feud.

It really depends on the superstar.

To debut a superstar, he should first meet the following requirements: Have a great look, great physique, show wrestling skills, and be able to talk. Give him an 8 out of 10, and it's acceptable.

Beyond this goes the booking part. More than anything vignettes are always nice to show for the wrestlers as it's a tease of what is to come for when the said superstar is finally in action. Vignettes garner speculation/interest which is the point of this kind of hype.

Then, when it comes crunch time, the wrestler should begin wrestling a credible upper mid carder with whom he can conduct a feud with. The key here would obviously be to have the newcomer win as the whole point is to put the guy over. The feud will give the new comer the attention he needs as he gets more exposure from wrestling other mid carders or squash talent and beating them in non-feud matches.

Case in point for perfect debut: Bray Wyatt.

What I described is exactly how he and the Wyatt Family have debuted and up 'til now they hold what is probably the biggest credible new comer debut in a very fucking long time.

WRESTLEMANIA 31

John Cena dfts Randy ORTON For the wwe title

John cena celebrates and then boom the lights go out and then one big spotlight appears on JOHN CENA he appears shocked and confused and then all you see is someone else inside the spotlight that takes him out with a devastating move

MONDAY NIGHT RAW:

CENA DEMANDs to know who this person is, then the lights go out pitch black the whole arena and then on the titantron arabian music is played u see camels and the desert and then the name USAMA ABDULLAH ABU HAMMAD appears and then comes out this 7ft beast from the middle east of lebanon picture a muscular body with a big beard bold head the arabian robe and the cloth on the head, he then speaks in arabic and the whole arena is booing him u cant see anything except for him on the ramp with the spotlight just on him

he then isssues a challenge to john cena for the wwe title on raw cena accepts main event for raw is

JOHN CENA vs USAMA ABDULLAH ABU HAMMAD for wwe title

usama dfts john cena cleanly with a finisher called the jihad and his puts him up there as the biggest heel in the company he dfts everybody that comes in his way cleanly or dirty thru out the year with the likes of
john cena
randy orton
daniel bryan
cm punk
kane
rvd
sheamus
HHH

makes him the most dominant non american champion in history

wrestlemania 32

usama abdullah abu hammad vs the AMERICAN BAD ASS the UNDERTAKER
for the wwe title VS streak imagine what response that will bring

taker dfts USAMA ABDULLAH ABU HAMMAD

THIS IS NOT A MUHAMMAD HASSAN CHARACTER

I'd debut Sami Zayn very similarly to the way he was introduced into NXT, or the way Desmond Wolfe was in TNA. Give him a high profile feud, make it get personal, and put on 5 star matches. With or without vignettes, this could definitely put him on the map. Compare it to Del Rio mixing it up with Mysterio immediately.

I'd have Vince mention live on air about how someone is managing to predict matches accurately (ie. Dolphins). I wouldn't make it obvious on air that wrestling is fake as there's a young fanbase with the PG era, but just that someone is accurately predicting who is going to win every match, like they are psychic. Vince, HHH and Stephanie get scared about whether the superstars will be able to know what's coming with the Establishment and that they'll try to change the outcomes by standing by each other.

During this time, a new up and comer has debuted in a few matches on Superstars, where no one would bat an eyelid that someone has just randomly appeared. Commentators on that show can simply say that he is a young upstart.

HHH, Vince and Stephanie manage to track down the predictor to be this man, and decide to give him a spotlight by putting him in an improbable match on RAW. He predicts himself to win, and by some way shape or form (probably an interference), he does!

He keeps telling the fans that he can foresee some bad times ahead for HHH and company, and because he's revealed this, he can tell that he's going to see some bad times ahead for himself. He is immediately beaten down by The Shield etc after these promos. He declares that he cannot reveal more match results with his abilities as the new corporation will do all they can to change fate and the slightest change can cause great danger to others, like the Butterfly Effect.

Eventually, it's revealed that he isn't supernatural but simply believes in karma... cue Kharma's return as she takes out Stephanie McMahon. Kharma becomes a bodyguard for the new star as he helps in taking out the corporation.

And from then on in, he's over enough (having had the WWE Universe on the edge of their seats wanting to know these potential spoilers, and by blurring the lines between real and kayfabe) to simply have a more ordinary main-event suited gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back