• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would you Book Rey's last angle

merce07

Dark Match Winner
Alright so with his age and wrestling style its pretty obvious Rey cant last to much longer. So how would you book his final months?

I think that Rey works best in stories that pull at the heartstrings. I would have him booked in a Rocky Balboa "one last time" kind of feud. When Sin Cara comes in I would have them be onscreen friends and make them become a tag team. They would win the tag team championship and dominate the devision for 5+ months. During the title reign it would often be hinted at that Sin Cara is pulling the teams weight, winning most of the matches and getting Rey out of jams.

In a feud with a heel tag team faction Rey would get injured kayfabe wise trying to keep up with Sin Caras pace and cause them to lose the match. Sin Cara being another ultimate babyface would forgive him. Thoughout the nest month or so we would get shots and images showing that Rey is realizing he is getting older. Maybe watching some old matches, looking into a mirror with a sad look on his face.

For his pride and honor Rey would challenge Sin Cara to a Luchador match and if he lost he would retire from the WWE. Sin Cara reluctantly agrees. At a big PPV we then have a match where they completley take each other to their limits (kayfabe wise as Sin Cara surely has more limits). Sin Cara barely scrapes out the win. We then have him and Rey shake hands, Sin Cara leaves the ring and Rey is left in a Rick Flair type celebration crying in the middle of the ring.

What would you guys do?

If they get rid of him, which I expect to happen in the next two years, I don't see why they don't do it to put someone young over. Alberto Del Rio perhaps, or maybe even as you said Mistico, or Sin Cara, whatever you wish to call him.

If you could bring people back from the dead though, the only person who you could face Rey off against and make it mean anything would be Eddie Guerrero. But that can't happen, so matter who you put Rey against, his career ending won't mean as much when hes gone no matter who he ends it against, rather than if he ended it with Eddie.

I'd bring in Epico & Hunico from FCW to start a stable with rey have the new masked stable rule SD and then Sin debuts and then reys stable vs Sin. maybe end in a mask vs carrer match

My guess is Rey will pass the torch to Sin Cara at Wrestlmania...maybe next year.

Del Rio would also be a good choice to end Rey's career, as would Chris Jericho. Del Rio is legit, and retiring someone like Rey Mysterio would only add to that fact. Having Jericho end Rey's career would be the next best thing to Eddie or Benoit...seeing as Chris has history with those guys.

Just my $.02...

Frankly, merce07, I like your idea a great deal. It would be not only a solid way to put Sin Cara over, but very fitting with Rey's character (and Sin's if he is a babyface.)

Another way for Rey to go out (given that he'd have to go out on his back) would be a final feud with Kane. These two already have a helluva history both as allies and as enemies. I'm certain that WWE creative could come up with a major issue for them to feud over. Make it more personal then it has ever been before. Make it perhaps a matter of betrayal (or percieved betrayal) which leads to a final major match at a big PPV. Either Wrestlemania or Survivor Series. Possibly a mask match.

In a new twist, perhaps Kane's old mask comes up. Make a story line in which many people are wanting Kane to re-don his old mask and become the true monster again. The match between Rey and Kane could have the stipulation that, if Rey loses he loses his mask but if Kane wins, he must re-don his old mask.

Whatever the case, what I don't want to see is an unseen "attack" taking Rey out or a non-match gang beat-down or something crappy like that putting Rey down. He's put most of his life into the company and deserves to go out with a bit of dignity.

Whatever the case, what I don't want to see is an unseen "attack" taking Rey out or a non-match gang beat-down or something crappy like that putting Rey down. He's put most of his life into the company and deserves to go out with a bit of dignity.

Rey will definitely be shown some respect when his time comes, man. That's something I don't think you have to worry about. In fact, Rey has already been shown massive respect by the WWE. They allowed him to carry the WHC, which is unheard of for a man of his size. Vince has been respectful to Rey in other ways as well. He has been extremely injury prone for several years now, and not once has it been an issue.

Rey has been good to the WWE, and the WWE has been good to him as well. I see no reason why that should change now...

This is how it all goes down! Rey is wrestling at Wrestlemania. Rey wins the match, whatever it is. all of a sudden Sin Cara shows up , stares at Rey, Rey stares back. Then Sin Cara runs, ducks and rolls, then proceeds to do his spinning submission finisher. Which you hear him pull so far back , that you hear Reys arm snap.

This is how it all goes down. Rey doesnt come back for months.

I see something like this happening.

I don't know how it will exactly pan out as we don't know whether or not Sin Carra is a heel or face yet but surely in his last match he'll put over Sin Carra.

Maybe a career match? Even though it's done to death, I doubt they'd have a mask vs mask match as neither will want to be unmasked.

Rey's final match has to be against Sin Cara for the World Title. The match alone would generate so much attention from the mexican crowd and it's a fitting way for Rey to go out. Pass the torch to a young luchador who is like him in a way.

Guys, Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but Rey asked for his release today, He said if his release wasn't granted he would exercise his retirement clause in his contract which allows him to retire w/o prior notice. He agreed to do Wrestlemania, but he wants out of the WWE. I'm sure more info will become available, but that is all I got right now!

I'd have Rey finish his feud with Cody Rhodes while Sin Cara builds himself up with a few solid wins.

Rey kayfabe bows out, but sticks around in a non-wrestling role.

I'd then have Sin Cara say he needs to show he can outdo the ultimate underdog, and that he won't be happy with himself unless he can beat Rey Mysterio.

Rey agrees to do one final match. Face vs. Face, after a hard-fought battle where both guys are made to look awesome, Sin Cara takes the win and Rey Mysterio graciously bows out for good while Sin Cara pays his career tribute, and asks him to stay.

This is how it all goes down! Rey is wrestling at Wrestlemania. Rey wins the match, whatever it is. all of a sudden Sin Cara shows up , stares at Rey, Rey stares back. Then Sin Cara runs, ducks and rolls, then proceeds to do his spinning submission finisher. Which you hear him pull so far back , that you hear Reys arm snap.

This is how it all goes down. Rey doesnt come back for months.

I see something like this happening.

He's not going to leave then come back in a few months, he's just going to.. leave.

The angle with Mistico is definately one I'd love to see, passing the luchador torch down to him. Would need a heap of hype, and I believe that a Face vs Face match would be much better than one of them being heel. Would generate that sense of respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back