• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How to Save the WHC

lifelongfan

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok we all no the wwe title is the main title in the wwe and almost only belt that means anything. it has been years sence anyone could argue that its not. for a time this was not the case. the brand were split and sometimes the WHC would b on raw and the main title. while i would love to see the brands split back up this wont happen i bet. So back to my point how to save the WHC i think they shoud rotate the title defenses on ppvs with a few exseptions for big ppvs. have one ppv where the WWE title and IC belt is defeded then the next ppv defend the WHC and U.S. belt. this would raise the prestige of all the champships and let the big stras fight for the WHC it would raise up the IC and US titles being as they only ones being defended. then belts woud not b on pre showes any more and hopefully it would mean more to hold gold. what do u think love to hear your ideas

I think the simplest way to save the WHC is to put it around the waist of a big name. This could either mean bringing in someone or putting it on their top tier talent. A couple name that come to mind as far as bringing someone in would be Goldberg or Sting. Given their history with the belt and the fact that during Goldberg's streak that made him famous, he was wearing that belt for much of it. Or it can be put around the waist of top tier talent such as CM Punk, HHH, Lesnar or even Cena(as much as I'd hate to see that). Feature it in the main event more as well.

The world title is in a decline because it's been fully solidified as the trial run/consolation prize for people who don't have the level of star power of those competing for the WWE Title. Some of these guys are just glorified midcarders/upper midcarders but WWE won't let them just BE midcarders. The World title only exists to inflate certain guys' importance. They're not good enough to be in the main event, but WWE still wants to push them as "stars", so they give them the World Heavyweight Title to make them look like a big time player even though there may be 3-5 different storylines at any given time that might be more important than the World Title feud.

I like Alberto Del Rio. He's more over and charismatic than people give him credit for, but for whatever reason, he just isn't taking as a main eventer. Personally I think the World Title should be laid to rest. Rock going AWOL with the WWE Title and Ziggler's concussion proved that two major titles aren't needed. With just one world title, maybe they can start building stars instead of manufacturing them.

Right now I think WWE just expects us to care about a guy just because he has "The WCW Belt" (I'm sure some casuals still call it this despite WCW being dead for over a decade)...

WWE needs to ultimately decide who is a main eventer and who is a midcarder. No more going halfsies on it. If WWE wants someone to be a main eventer, put them in the WWE Title picture. If they don't have what it takes to be a top star, stop pretending that they are and either put them in the IC Title division, the tag division, or just make them a jobber to the stars. If the likes of Del Rio, Sheamus, Ziggler, Sandow, Rhodes, or Swagger don't have what it takes to be WWE Champion and compete with the likes of John Cena, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk, then they don't deserve to be called World Champions or main eventers (at this time).

The only thing that will spark any interest in the belt again is to have a good story around it involving characters people actually care about. ADR not being one of them.

I never liked any of the Ziggler storylines personally, and by the time AJ got with him they'd already more or less used her "crazy" story angles with like 4 other guys.

Super Sheamus is worse than Super Cena...

I'm sure I could go on. If WWE cares (not sure they do really), they need to devote creative resources to it, otherwise people will realize they're continuing to half-ass it and won't pay attention and/or care what happens to the belt.

I think the simplest way to save the WHC is to put it around the waist of a big name. This could either mean bringing in someone or putting it on their top tier talent. A couple name that come to mind as far as bringing someone in would be Goldberg or Sting. Given their history with the belt and the fact that during Goldberg's streak that made him famous, he was wearing that belt for much of it. Or it can be put around the waist of top tier talent such as CM Punk, HHH, Lesnar or even Cena(as much as I'd hate to see that). Feature it in the main event more as well.

I completely agree with you here. Give it CM Punk or give it to Cena or hell, even Brock Lesnar. That would immediately bring back some interest to the title and put it in THE main event at every PPV.

When they keep giving it to fringe main eventers, they're essentially saying, "this is a second-class world championship" and the problem with that is that when they're trying to get Ziggler or ADR or anyone else over when they give them the WHC, it's not that big of a deal. If Punk or Cena or another bonafide main eventer were to hold that title, then it makes it more legitimate when an "up and comer" wins it.

I used to be one of those guys who used to defend the WHC when people were saying "get rid of it we only need one Main Event Champion" but now the way wwe are treating the championship I now agree to get rid of it, I hate where they are using it as a Step up/Upper Midcard championship.

The look of Big Gold belt screams importance and prestige, I hate where wwe are treating it now, if thats the way they are going to use it in the future then please unify the titles now.

I think to save the championship they should but it on CM Punk then Punk to claim to who ever the wwe champion is that his the best in the world and his the main champion of the wwe. I was always saying to a friend of mine that the Brock-Punk Summerslam match should be for the World Heavyweight Championship.

But I'd doubt wwe will do this, they already have guys like Bryan and Henry saying they've never held the wwe championship and acting it like if they don't they are failures, well they were World Heavyweight Champions, thats sounds like a good achievement but wwe are having Bryan sound like he hasn't been a top champion and thats what I don't like so for that reason wwe please get rid of the World Heavyweight Championship, that belt deserves to me held at the highest honour but you are completely watering it down.

Get Rid of it or save it

Having the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship take turns closing shows again would help the prestige and importance of the World Heavyweight Championship. It needs challengers from top tier guys as well. Anyone who challenges for the WWE Championship should be just as quick to accept a chance at the World Heavyweight Championship. The WWE treats these two belts as being equal in storylines, yet they do not in the actual booking. Stop treating the World Heavyweight Championship like it is secondary! That is the ONLY way to save it and make it matter again. They both need to be defended at each show though. The WWE Championship is viewed to be SO much more important that any shows that only feature the World Heavyweight Championship might not generate as much interest these days. I would, however, really want to see them taking turns closing shows again while both still being defended monthly. Not really a fan of pairing the US and World Heavyweight Championship up as far as what shows they are defended on, with the Intercontinental and WWE Championship in turn also being paired up. The WWE and Intercontinental are clearly the two favorites in the world title tier and midcard tier. Instead I would have the two world titles trade closing with assigned PPV brands and the two midcard belts literally taking turns each show. With the removal of the second October PPV (see my schedule below) that leaves 11 shows and the odd number guarantees that each midcard title will get to be on a show closed by either world title.

Royal Rumble - WWE Championship

Elimination Chamber - World Heavyweight Championship

Wrestlemania - Depends on who Rumble winner chose.

Extreme Rules - World Heavyweight Championship

Payback - WWE Championship

Money In the Bank - World Heavyweight Championship

Summerslam - World Heavyweight Championship

Night of Champions - WWE Championship

Hell In a Cell - WWE Championship

Survivor Series - World Heavyweight Championship

TLC - WWE Championship

This could work. Deleting the unnecessary second October PPV event gives each belt 5 shows to close with Wrestlemania potentially being either belt depending on the Royal Rumble winner's (kayfabe) decision on who he wants to face. It gives the World Heavyweight Championship a chance to close some of the shows, including a couple of the Big 4. Wrestlemania could see either belt close it, depending on which champion the Royal Rumble winner chose, he should get to close unless a dream match of epic proportions (Cena VS Rock, Michaels VS Taker, etc) is also on the card. So if WWE set up a schedule like this for which belt closes which show could help it seem more important again. They also need to have guys like John Cena and Randy Orton chasing the World Heavyweight Championship as well though. WWE has announcers speaking of the belts equally, so BOOK them equally too! It's not that complicated! I want to see the World Heavyweight Championship be restored to the glory and prestige it once held.

This is actually a great idea. Doing things this way would also give each Championship Title feud 2 months of buildup time. So in effect, instead of doing the Brand Extension for the TV shows, you are essentially doing the Brand Extension for the Pay Per Views. I like it!! No more pre-show Championship matches!! I also think the Tag Team Titles and the Divas Title should be included and rotated as well.

at this point...I dont think CM Punk could help the title. The title would just bring punk down to a lower level than he is already at. Punk is at a weird place because he is not a legend and not really focused on as a top guy but is very good. He reminds me of Jericho during the AE or even Kurt Angle as far as his position in the company. If you give the belt to Punk, it would still be beneath the WWE title, Cena, and whatever other legends that are wrestling, which is pretty much the same as it is currently.

Fact is the only people currently on tv that could lift that title is Lesnar, HHH, or Cena..Those three are the only people guaranteed to have a main event type match at every ppv they wrestle at. If it was up to me, I would give it to Lesnar. This would take the belt off tv, because of Lesnar's schedule, which would give the audience a break from it while also putting it into main event matches. If the belt is on Lesnar and only defended once every 3 months in main event matches, It will gain a lot of prestige. The only relevant title right now is the WWE title and that causes a huge problem.

The key to saving the WHC is putting the title on the waist of someone who derserves to hold it. The WWE title rarely ever leaves Cena's waist because he represents the brand. He's RAW's most valuable talent. The WHC championship has only changed hands three times this year. From Big Show to Del Rio, from Del Rio to Ziggler and then back again. Taking Big Show out of the equation because he just returned and is probably going to stay on RAW while he deals with The Shield, we have Del Rio and Ziggler dominating the title picture. Ziggler never fares well when he's in the world title picture. His reigns are always short and he's always booked poorly. Del Rio has been stale for a while, and putting a championship on him has never solved that issue. Meanwhile, Mark Henry just got out of a rivalry with John Cena. He's a perfect candidate for a title reign. Christian is someone else who can bring some excitement to the WHC. The problem is Damien Sandow has the MITB, and him winning the title will sure launch the WHC back into the lull its in right now.

The problem is the last legit main eventer to hold the belt was Randy Orton 2 years ago.

Since then it has been passed around Daniel Bryan and Sheamus in order to build them up and then, Henry and Show had it who have no star power and seem to have just plodded around for the last 15 years. Finally Ziggler had that terrible run recently.

Giving the belt to CM Punk or Daniel Bryan now would be perfect.

kinda like your idea lol

but it will never happen

ive been toying with the idea of having Punk/Bryan forming a 2 man stable ala DX or something, with intentions to "restore prestige to the WWE and its titles"

imagine Punk and Bryan carrying those 2 main belts, with Cena and RKO or someone on the heels trying to get it. also, could u imagine those 2 as tag champs?!
itll feel like a true power shift. imagine the possibilities those matches can bring

Here is the easiest way to save the WHC,

Give the WHC match at the end of the night/main event for a PPV or two.

Putting it up as "The Match Of The Night!" would help elevate it almost instantly.

I still think the only way to save this championship is by cutting down the amount of titles and essentially merging the WWE and WHC in order to gain and maintain prestige. The same needs to be done with IC and US in my opinion. Too many belts not enough on TV talent.

At this point, the best thing to do with the WHC is get rid of it. What's the point of having 2 world champions if the brand split is over? Now it's just there for the sake of it. Either unify it with the WWE title or restart the brand split.

But if they were to insist on keeping it, the best thing to do for it would be to actually treat it like it was on par with the WWE title. Stop letting it open Wrestlemania. If the feud is hot, let it close a few PPV's. Put it on someone who the crowd actually cares about instead of Del Rio. I still think giving it to Henry was one of the best decisions WWE has ever made. At the height of his popularity they let him run amok with it and took him into a good feud with Orton and Big Show. They need to put it on someone the crowd cares to watch instead of bouncing it around.

There is no good way to save the title.

One option would be to have the current holder of the title be able to cash in a chance at the WWE Championship @ Night of Champions (ala TNA's X-Division for the TNA World Title match). Then have the WHC be contested for in a Fatal 4-Way ladder match that same night.

There is no good way to save the title.

One option would be to have the current holder of the title be able to cash in a chance at the WWE Championship @ Night of Champions (ala TNA's X-Division for the TNA World Title match). Then have the WHC be contested for in a Fatal 4-Way ladder match that same night.

Thats the worst idea i've ever heard, the topic is about saving the Championship not have it as away to be number 1 contender for the wwe championship.

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this and I certainly won't be the last but the entire concept of two separate World titles has always irked me from day one. The brand split almost ended my interest in WWE forever. If they had any sense they would consolidate the two top belts by having someone they want to give a mega-push to go out of his way to unify them. (CM Punk? Randy Orton? Someone else?)

I know it probably will never happen but until then...that title will always be known as "the other belt" and it's presence isn't only a joke on itself but it totally diminishes the IC and US titles.

Really disgusts me.

It really doesn't do the title any favors when guys like Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan, who held the World Heavyweight Title recently talk about having "never won the big one". It buries the World Title.

If WWE insists on keeping the WHC around, I think their best bet would be to re-define a few of their titles.

1. Replace the US Title with the Cruserwieght Title- Weight Limit included. This would open up a division for guys like Evan Bourne, Justin Gabriel, etc. It'd be a lower midcard Title and could be featured heavily on Saturday Morning Slam.

2. Keep the IC Title, but make it a stepping stone to the WWE Title again- Curtis Axel, Dean Ambrose, Ryback, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, and Antonio Cesaro are 5 guys I want in this title scene.

3. WHC- Make is strictly for heavyweights, but not a World Title. Rename is just the Heavyweight Championship. Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry could usher in this new concept as an upper midcard title. Maybe Ryback or Roman Reigns or Big E get a big rub by winning this Title from on eof the aformentioned guys.

4. WWE Title: Cena, Punk, Orton, Bryan, etc- The #1 guy in the company

Putting the belt on a highly talented superstar could aid it. I don't hate Del Rio but the last few months of him have been pretty painful. The problem with this is that we want to free this belt to be used for guys like Sandow, Rhodes, Barrett and Ziggler so they get the chance to be a world champ. Especially since the WWE championship is seemingly tied up between Orton, Cena and Bryan for the next 7 months at least.

The option of rotating the title defences on PPV isn't one I'm keen on, especially if there is one unified brand. I'm not sure why you would have a talent and leave him of the card on a PPV where you are trying to maximise buyrates. Fair enough if there was brand-split and there was an actual reason but otherwise I'm not a fan of this idea.

Another option is for better writing. Christian's desire to win the belt is good but what they need is the way CM Punk cherished the WWE Championship. Del Rio is WHC - who gives a fuck. The feud with Swagger was more about immigration than the World Title and with Ziggler it became about the injury rather than a seemingly prestigious title.

The final option is to just put the belt down and say it cannot be saved. This may help the WWE title and the mid-card belts but I'm personally against it.

Thats the worst idea i've ever heard, the topic is about saving the Championship not have it as away to be number 1 contender for the wwe championship.

Really?

Really?

Do you have a better idea?

And don't say putting it on CM Punk or getting rid of it. As much as I am a CM Punk fan, putting the belt on him for the 4th time would be a slap to the face to the 3 previous times he won/held it.

All the mid-card titles are meaningless. The MITB briefcases are more meaningful than the WHC right now. This is a way to make the title more meaningful.

If Sandow or Rhodes win the title at some point down the road. Say when the Royal Rumble comes around, the holder of the WHC has the opportunity to cash in the title for a match for the WWE Championship. Tell me that doesn't make holding the WHC more meaningful.

They should seriously go back to only one MITB match & briefcase.

If Sandow or Rhodes win the title at some point down the road. Say when the Royal Rumble comes around, the holder of the WHC has the opportunity to cash in the title for a match for the WWE Championship. Tell me that doesn't make holding the WHC more meaningful.

That clearly makes the title far LESS meaningful. That "solution" is outrightly stating that the World Heavyweight Championship is just a stepping stone.

The simple and easy solution is to have the World title start closing PPVs again. The thing that destroyed the value of the title was having the WWE title (and/or John Cena) headline every PPV while the World title was in a midcard or opening match. The World Heavyweight Championship hasn't been defended in the final match of a PPV in nearly three years, and that's what's killing it. Start putting the World title match on last again, and the problem will solve itself.

Vince McMahon has to respect the history behind the title. I mean the majority of legends in the WWE hall of fame has held that belt for crying out loud! Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair (WOOOOO), ECT. I don't see why the WHC isn't on the same level as the WWE title belt? So Vinnie Mac has two options. 1. He can give the old NWA/WCW title it's due. Or 2. Unify the two world titles by next Wrestlemania (30). That's the way that I see it.

I think the WHC is in the state it is in because the WWE title feuds have better storylines and WWE insists on not making WHC the main event.

How about switching which belt is in the main event at PPV. I say at Night of Champions the WWE should make the WHC the main event with a really hype storyline.

Too much history behind the belt. I have fond memories of Batista vs the Undertaker when I was at Wrestlemania 23. Another notable match would be the triple threat at WM20. Don't forget all the WCW reigns.

On another note I think the name WHC is stupid. Rey Mysterio held the title and he is a Cruiserweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back