• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How to make Lesnar vs Reigns more appealing

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey everyone so I was thinking a lot about how can the WWE make Roman vs Brock more appealing, even this close to mania.

So in Brock's contract he has 4 dates of appearances left but only 3 are advertised, this is because he walked out of Raw a few weeks ago which means he owes the WWE an appearance. He's not scheduled to appear tonight but they could call him in to make up the date he walked out on. So that would give us Lesnar tonight, next monday, WM and the post-WM raw.

Now a lot of us have been saying we hate the booking of this match so far with no lesnar/reigns altercations or even interactions since the Raw post-rumble show. I'd say the way to save that is this,

Tonight have Reigns in a match where he has a hard fought victory. He is tired afterwards then Lesnar's music hits, Reigns looks pumped and ready to fight but Heyman comes from the crowd from behind to distract Reigns and Lesnar comes in and DESTROYS Reigns. I'm talking multiple german suplexes, thrown into the steps, maybe through the barricade and an F5 through the announce table with Reigns getting in like MAYBE 1 or 2 punches and the show ends with Lesnar standing over Reigns laid out on the ground

Next Monday, have Lesnar and Heyman come out and Heyman cuts another beautiful promo about how "I told you Reigns can't take on my beast! He was laid out by my client last week, etc..." and then cue Reigns' music and he comes out and gives Lesnar a good fight, but then Lesnar gets the upperhand for a bit, sets up another F5 through the table but then Reigns reverses and hits a POWERBOMB on Lesnar through the announce table and you end the show with Reigns holding the WWE WHC in his hands

Then on Smackdown Heyman challenges Reigns to face Lesnar at Mania in a no holds barred match, which Reigns accepts. (I think the element of no DQ would help this math so much, bc if they go just fight and wrestle it'll turn into a Lesnar vs Taker WM30 or Lesnar vs Goldberg snore-fest)

What do you guys think of this build?
Would you change it in any way? (and no I don't mean "Yea take Reigns out of the match")

Personally I think they would help make the match look much better, showing Lesnar dominating Reigns and then showing Reigns standing tall in a fight against Lesnar, showing he can go toe to toe with him.

I like your scenario, and what I would change is after Reigns leaves Lesnar laying, I'd have Rollins cash in and win the title. Reigns vs. Lesnar just leaves too much to chance as a one on one match, regardless of how they book it. Add Rollins to the mix as well as Orton and you have all the right elements. I know that people don't like really seeing anything but a singles match for the WWE title at WrestleMania, but to me the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. You have Rollins who can provide the highspots, Lesnar and Reigns who can have a straight-up brawl and Orton who is experienced enough to call the match and make sure everyone looks good. If WWE still wants Reigns to walk out as WWE champion then this is the best way to ensure he doesn't fall flat on his face coming out of the starting line. If Lesnar is leaving then who's to say this match won't be as bad as Lesnar vs. Goldberg 11 years ago? This way it won't be.

I say this with the least sarcasm possible: they should just have Seth brooding with the briefcase during every reigns, heyman, and lesnar segment. People who dislike the match will be forced to watch expecting a cash in. It could even not happen kind of like all the false hype they made about d bry heading into the rumble.

Yeah, they need to get physical. All this talking from two guys who aren't known for talking isn't helping the build up for the match. Hopefully if Brock comes back tonight, they can get physical.

Even if you take all the dislike of Reigns out of the picture, the build for this match has been quite lackluster for more than one reason.

1. Doubts Of Reigns' Abilities - Even if you don't hate Roman Reigns, and I don't btw, I'm of the opinion that he's lacking in some areas. Reigns' mic work, while not horrendous when he's not using Looney Toon catchphrases, is pretty bland and, in my opinion, he seems to better when he doesn't say a whole helluva lot. However, the downside to that is that since this is Reigns' first big push, he hasn't shone particularly bright in the eyes of a lot of people nor does he seem to have a particularly strong rapport with fans. Nothing's happened really to make a hefty number of fans want to rally around him, which is a bad sign considering WWE has made Lesnar into a full blown heel that's only there for money rather than trying to turn him into a cool tweener.

2. Lack Of Experience From Both Men - Another worry some have concerns the capabilities of either man to take the lead in this match and to call it. Reigns' has only been wrestling by himself as a singles wrestler, not counting the few months he was out due to suffering a hernia, for about 6 or 7 months so his experience has to be called into question. As for Lesnar, I think he demonstrated his lack of ability in this area last year during his bout with The Undertaker as it was obvious he looked like a lost babe in the woods when it be came apparent that Taker was hurt and therefore deviated from what was planned out.

I think that tonight and next week, Lesnar and Reigns need to get physical in a big way. Emotionally, fans just aren't invested in this match and I don't think that's too likely to change at this point. However, it's possible that a couple of good brawls could get them excited at the prospect of possibly seeing a good, physical match between a couple of big bulls.

I agree with pretty much all of you in most points. They have to get physical tonight for it to be somewhat exciting and I do also have the worries of their lack of talent and experience

Well, that is not what happened. The cringy Reigns promos continue. Horrible main event, it's LT-Bigelow status. No on cares about Reigns. The main event should be Bryan-Lesnar. It's horrific that it isn't.

What do you guys think of this build?
Would you change it in any way? (and no I don't mean "Yea take Reigns out of the match")

to the first question, the build has been just horrible. Every time Lesnar has been there, with the exception of the sit down interview, Reigns has avoided him like the plague. He only comes out to talk to Heyman, like it did again last night, even though half his remarks where direct towards Lesnar himself.

Why didn't Reigns come out and say that last week to his face, instead we were treated to a video package. Reigns was in the arena, he was in the main event, so when Lesnar was standing in the ring, why didn't Reigns come out and say what he said in the video to him in person? They have been keeping them apart and it makes no sense. No one I know is excited for this match because of the build or lack of build towards it.

How would I change it? I wouldn't. The WWE has to understand that the fans do make a difference. If the main event goes as planned, there is a very good possibility that it might tank on them. Reigns is clearly not ready, and he can trot out every single one of his huge family to tell you how good he is, but he is in the ring facing Lesnar, not them.

He has never faced anyone like Lesnar and I really don't think he fully understands what kind of person Lesnar is, and what he's up against. Yes wrestling is scripted, but if anyone is going to go off script Lesnar is the one to do it. He wants to go out on a high, and I can see him calling his own shots as he sees fit. I'm sure the last thing he wants, is to go back to UFC with the knowledge he lost his last WWE fight to someone with the limited experience Reigns has.

The WWE has missed the boat on building this match, and I'm afraid that it's about as appealing as it's going to get. People just aren't interested in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back