• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How TNA Really Grabbed My Attention

ringthebell

WWE Right Now=Same Ole Shit
I rarely watch TNA, I catch the occasional Thursday night broadcasts, but last night I had a good friend of mine over and he wanted to watch Victory Road, we found a free stream and were watching Victory Road live. I had been encouraged by him before the ppv to just give it a chance. I still was setting myself up for a let down. The card wasnt extraordinary and it could have been on a Thursday night show, although it showed me some things I really miss about the current WWE product.

1. No barriers- I had no idea TNA had it in em. I saw Matt Morgan put the double birds to Crimsons face and say fuck you. I saw Bobby Roode call Dixie Carter a bitch several times and lead the viewers into an uncomfortable old school ruthless heel action. The no barriers really did make the product better no omatter what anone else thinks. That kind of ruthless we dont give a fuck attitude is simply pure gold.

2. The wrestling techniques kicked ass. These guys are amazing wrestlers and I havent seen those sound of moves in a long time. The moves kept
the crowd interested all night.

One thing that I could do without is the goofy promos but other than that I see more TNA in the future for me.

Reactions: IHW
wow they really just grabbed your attention? you should for sure watch full time TNA is better then WWE these days theres alot of great wrestlers there and there womens divison is way better then wwe's also wait till you see the motor city machine guns....picture a younger hardy boyz but faster and doing way cooler shit

1. you want to pay 50$ to hear someone say Fuck you and bitch (which is usable on CARTOON FREAKING NETWORK now)? be my guest, I personally don't see the appeal of this (I did enjoy it more when I was a teen in the late attitude era though)

2. TNA has always had a pretty solid wrestling core, I think it's an accepted fact even among full WWE marks that TNA's in ring action is generally better.

Victory Road's presentation though has been about a normal assessment of the product right now. Goofy promos, a little over the top, but solid wrestling most of the time. Oh, and the TNA TV title being worthless.

aj styles made me watch tna back in 2005 or so...tna needs more unique talents to keep the ball rolling...bobby roode is doing great though,,,james storm seems to have lost his thunder,,,i guess its better to be heel.

TNA is great although its getting a bit predictable When you first saw Angle return and attack jeff hardy You know as soon as that happened you knew they were gonna have a match at victory road they need to keep us guessing whats gonna happen in a fued

I must be watching a different company; I never feel that TNA's wrestling is more technically sound as a whole. For the most part, it feels stuttered and slowed and deliberate, like they are actually training on camera. And the old timers look so tired its sad. Now, there is a difference between acting tired, and being gassed. They look gassed, a lot.

I've been watching TNA non stop since about the end of 2010 i guess, and its getting better each month. The matches are really good and it does seem to have a clear cut direction in where it wants to go now. Bobby Roode is the man, James Storm is coming on strong, AJ Styles is a bad bad man, Jeff Hardy is so over its not even funny, i was set on giving up on Hardy but i find myself rooting for the guy more each time. Austin Aries is stepping up big time, Kurt Angle is well Angle, Bully Ray is an amazing heel, they have some hard working big men in Matt Morgan and Crimson.

The biggest complaint i used to see about TNA was that they use WWE has beens or castoffs but they are now pushing their own and its working. I'm just a wrestling fan and i love all types of wrestling, WWE isn't gonna send me any money for saying TNA sucks and vice versa so there is no need for blind loyalty to either side.

When Impact was streaming only online when they were off Fox Sports Net had my attention more than in the past few years.

It was totally different. Mostly indy and unknown talents with a few veterans from WWE/WCW/ECW here and there, but they meshed well.

They didn't come off as trying too hard to be edgy.

speaking of language, i find it funny that they allow Anderson to say asshole yet they censor when someone says ass. weird. but truth is TNA is a more adult product. not to say they are perfect, but you don't see a lot of the dumb stuff wwe has. i think the change in creative is going to help and we are already seeing the changes. i see it becoming more of a nWo-WCW era product - more adult but without the over the top stuff like WWF had at the time. it is better than people give it credit for. TNA will never be a WWE - WWE just has too much going on for TNA ever to catch up - but they can be a legit alternative.

Personally, i really don'T cared about this type of wrestling simply because for me, having wrestlers do and say obscene thing just so get their point across just make no sense. But am a old school fan from way back in the late 80's when you didn'T need all that edgy stuff to get your point across. So TNA right isn't the product i'm gravitating to.

My favorite wrestling show right now is NXT and for those that are able to watch it, just watch how the feud are build. They don'T do any edgy stuff, they cut great promos and have great wrestling match. TNA was like that early on and i do miss that because the product was better and actually had a direction to it instead of this attitude era crap they have right now.

Ok so we know that the OP is a thief...FBI is on their way ....LOL. Rather than spending money he stole money from TNA and knocked 1 household off their Buyrate. Dude I am busting your stones nothing more ya convict.

Now let me get this straight the ability to say Fuck you on a PPV not on normal TV makes the show better?? Flipping someone off makes TNA better? I guess I am missing how that makes anything better. Wait by that logic ...hey OP fuck you....there it made my post better....right???

I will give TNA the fact that SOME of there tallen is better than Some of WWE's tallent. I have watched a few times and seen punches that are 1 foot away from target and the guy falls to the ground. Kicks that totally miss the mark and are sold. Yes the tallent is there but the issue it half the time the TALLENTED guys seem to give a rats ass. The ones that SUCK well they just SUCK. Example you have great guys being placed under Garett Bishoff in the food chain in TNA so why strive to do anything but pull a paycheck.

I honestly feel bad for alot of the tallent in TNA I really do.

TNA is great. They just need to cut some people from the product to really elevate it. I dont mind hogan being there, but get rid of bitchoff and flair. Both are insanely useless.

TNA is great. They just need to cut some people from the product to really elevate it. I dont mind hogan being there, but get rid of bitchoff and flair. Both are insanely useless.

How is TNA Great exactly? Really explain that to me because i just don'T get it. Sure they are good, actually they are better then 2 years ago but still i don'T get where you get the great part. Especially after the 3 hour plug for Twitter that was Victory Road. It's like they start to have something good going for them that could go on to something Great, Just as they are about to get entertaining again, they do a u-turn and go back to point one. Like somebody wrote before, why would a mid-card talent care working for TNA when they are place under Garrett Bischoff in the packing order.

Personally the only talent they really need to go right now are the Bischoff's and Hogan because all 3 of them are useless to the company. I would have put Mr Anderson also in that category but he's not a big player anymore so i don'T mind it as much.

I rarely watch TNA, I catch the occasional Thursday night broadcasts, but last night I had a good friend of mine over and he wanted to watch Victory Road, we found a free stream and were watching Victory Road live. I had been encouraged by him before the ppv to just give it a chance. I still was setting myself up for a let down. The card wasnt extraordinary and it could have been on a Thursday night show, although it showed me some things I really miss about the current WWE product.

1. No barriers- I had no idea TNA had it in em. I saw Matt Morgan put the double birds to Crimsons face and say fuck you. I saw Bobby Roode call Dixie Carter a bitch several times and lead the viewers into an uncomfortable old school ruthless heel action. The no barriers really did make the product better no omatter what anone else thinks. That kind of ruthless we dont give a fuck attitude is simply pure gold.

2. The wrestling techniques kicked ass. These guys are amazing wrestlers and I havent seen those sound of moves in a long time. The moves kept
the crowd interested all night.

One thing that I could do without is the goofy promos but other than that I see more TNA in the future for me.
Here's how I read this

1. It's trash tv. People cussing and bleeding and other general cheap tricks to get someone to watch that worked in 1999. IMO that kind of "ruthless we don't give a fuck attitude" is more like "we have no idea how to be interesting other than being shocking, and even then it's a dated act".

2. I don't actually know how to wrestle, but I bet these guys who do a bunch of fancy looking stuff quickly and don't sell a goddamned thing and actualy didn't keep the crowd interested know how to do every move.

the funny thing is, NEITHER one of those sells a TV show. Well, trash TV does, but TNA does it in such a dated way that it'll never work. Sorry to disagree so strongly, but that's really what you sound like. Basically you like spotmonkeys and trash TV. That's what it boils down to. It's an attitude era nostalgia show with shitty spotty indy wrestling thrown in. This is coming from a guy who has been to more ROH shows in the last 10 years than WWE shows too, so it's not like I "just don't get indy wrestling". I get it better than 90% of people on here.

A quick test to see if you actually understand wrestling or if you just buy into this bogus bullshit that is the smark ideology of workrate and moves and "technical wrestling" (whatever the fuck that means when it's being talked about by people who have no idea how to do the moves). If you think Alex Shelley is a good in ring performer, you don't get it. He doesn't sell, he doesn't tell a story in the ring. Raven, who knows more than Shelley or anyone on here because he's been more successful in front of several different audiences for many years, once said "to an extent, we can all do all the moves, it's how you do them and the story you tell". In other words, who gives a rats ass how many moves you do, how fast you do them, how cleanly you do them. If you don't sell and tell a story, they mean nothing. Shelley does moves at the same speed late in the match as he does early. This is basically screaming "THIS IS FAKE, I'M JUST DOING THIS BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL, NONE OF THIS HURTS". I remember watching MCMG vs the Dudleys once, my uncle, who doesn't watch wrestling said "what is this shit? It looks more fake than ever". he was right. Shelley's shit looks incredibly fake because he DOESN'T SELL IT. He doesn't even sell his own moves.

I'm off my soapbox now. I'll take shit for saying that Shelley isn't good in the ring, but if he was, he would have advanced by now wouldn't he? Daniel Bryan is probablys maller in stature than Shelley and doesn't have as unique of a look. However, Daniel Bryan slows things down, WORKS holds, WORKS moves, SELLS, and tells a story in the ring. Is my point made or are you still going to revert to "NOPE NOPE, MOVEZ MOVEZ MOVEZ"

Here's how I read this

1. It's trash tv. People cussing and bleeding and other general cheap tricks to get someone to watch that worked in 1999. IMO that kind of "ruthless we don't give a fuck attitude" is more like "we have no idea how to be interesting other than being shocking, and even then it's a dated act".

2. I don't actually know how to wrestle, but I bet these guys who do a bunch of fancy looking stuff quickly and don't sell a goddamned thing and actualy didn't keep the crowd interested know how to do every move.

the funny thing is, NEITHER one of those sells a TV show. Well, trash TV does, but TNA does it in such a dated way that it'll never work. Sorry to disagree so strongly, but that's really what you sound like. Basically you like spotmonkeys and trash TV. That's what it boils down to. It's an attitude era nostalgia show with shitty spotty indy wrestling thrown in. This is coming from a guy who has been to more ROH shows in the last 10 years than WWE shows too, so it's not like I "just don't get indy wrestling". I get it better than 90% of people on here.

A quick test to see if you actually understand wrestling or if you just buy into this bogus bullshit that is the smark ideology of workrate and moves and "technical wrestling" (whatever the fuck that means when it's being talked about by people who have no idea how to do the moves). If you think Alex Shelley is a good in ring performer, you don't get it. He doesn't sell, he doesn't tell a story in the ring. Raven, who knows more than Shelley or anyone on here because he's been more successful in front of several different audiences for many years, once said "to an extent, we can all do all the moves, it's how you do them and the story you tell". In other words, who gives a rats ass how many moves you do, how fast you do them, how cleanly you do them. If you don't sell and tell a story, they mean nothing. Shelley does moves at the same speed late in the match as he does early. This is basically screaming "THIS IS FAKE, I'M JUST DOING THIS BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL, NONE OF THIS HURTS". I remember watching MCMG vs the Dudleys once, my uncle, who doesn't watch wrestling said "what is this shit? It looks more fake than ever". he was right. Shelley's shit looks incredibly fake because he DOESN'T SELL IT. He doesn't even sell his own moves.

I'm off my soapbox now. I'll take shit for saying that Shelley isn't good in the ring, but if he was, he would have advanced by now wouldn't he? Daniel Bryan is probablys maller in stature than Shelley and doesn't have as unique of a look. However, Daniel Bryan slows things down, WORKS holds, WORKS moves, SELLS, and tells a story in the ring. Is my point made or are you still going to revert to "NOPE NOPE, MOVEZ MOVEZ MOVEZ"

Nope you are Wrong. X-Division is the Cruiserweight Division of TNA.

In the X-Division the moves are more important than "telling a story in the ring". X-Divion is all about fast paced action. X-Division doesn't need slow submission holds etc.

Nope you are Wrong. X-Division is the Cruiserweight Division of TNA.

In the X-Division the moves are more important than "telling a story in the ring". X-Divion is all about fast paced action. X-Division doesn't need slow submission holds etc.
Doesn't draw. Nobody gives a shit. That's the point.

Also, the moves aren't more important. They never were in the cruiser division either.

Eddie vs Rey Halloween Havoc 1997 had moves most people had never seen before, however, EVERY move meant something. The american people don't give a shit how many flippity moves you do unless they make sense. In the X division, they usually don't. It's why they don't draw. If you say "well they don't care about drawing, it's about competition" or some other historically stupid statement like that, well sure. If they don't actually care about doing what pro wrestling is about (telling a story, what they've been doing forever, what Eddie did, what rey did/does, what Gotch did), then sure, they're doing a great job at doing a bunch of shit and having no one give a damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back