How Successful Would Kurt Angle Be If He Returned To The WWE?

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
I've been thinking about this alot lately, and I'm really not sure about it. On the one hand, Angle left on pretty good terms with the WWE, he was just worn out and the WWE's schedule was literally killing him. If he returned he very well possibly could pick up where he left off by becoming one of the WWE's top draws/titleholders. He could get back in the WWE's world title hunt and have many memorable feuds with many new stars that he never really got a chance to properly feud with (Cena, Orton, Batista, etc).

However, there is a plausible chance that, if he returned, he would never be quite as successful as he was due to the possibility that Vince could hold a slight grudge against him for leaving for TNA and helping the new promotion get on its feet (Angle pretty much put TNA on the map). I know Vince would not completely bury him, but he very well possibly could limit Angle's future success in the WWE.

So, what do you think would happen if Angle returned to the WWE? How successful would he be in his second stint with the company?

Kurt Angle did not put TNA on the map. He arguably kept TNA on the map in some way, shape or form. Until Jarrett showed up, he didn't have a match that touched on his matches with the likes of Michaels and Undertaker; though those are admittedly very good matches. This bit is really an argument for the TNA forum.

I think that if he returned to TNA he'd immediately shoot up, then have a suitably abrupt drop into the midcard. He may rise again, Jericho-like, after that though. I'd put money on him winning one or two more world titles, though I don't think he'd ever main event a WrestleMania again. maybe semi-main event; he's good at that. So, moderately successful. Somewhere between CM Punk and Edge.

Edit: SlyFox, SlyFox696

I think he'd be as successful as he was before, he's a bonafide maineventer and one of the best in the business.

Since he left theres been a coupla guys who have gone up a level [Orton, Shelton] who he could have some great matches with. I think if he had the same schedule as HBK and didnt do any houseshows, he could keep in decent condition.

Id be happy to see him back personally. I think if he did come back Vince wouldnt let any personal grudge get in the way of a big money drawer, he hasnt before.

I think he'd be as successful as he was before, he's a bonafide maineventer and one of the best in the business.

Since he left theres been a coupla guys who have gone up a level [Orton, Shelton] who he could have some great matches with. I think if he had the same schedule as HBK and didnt do any houseshows, he could keep in decent condition.

Id be happy to see him back personally. I think if he did come back Vince wouldnt let any personal grudge get in the way of a big money drawer, he hasnt before.

I don't totally agree with your last comment. Vince didn't bring in the top guys of WCW right after it folded during the Invasion angle. If he had brought them in right away, the Invasion angle could have been so much better, but he didn't.

Whilst Vince may hold a grudge, Kurt is simply too good for a mid card slot. He was the best heel, in my opinion, from 2000/2001, the company's best period. He had more charisma than HHH in that time. Him vs The Rock was brilliant. And so was his feud with Austin after his face turn.

However, with his age and injury worries, he would not be at the tp of the company, but he would put people over. He would be a heel HBK, getting great feuds but ultimately putting his opponent over. The role all the 40+ wrestlers should now be doing.

I can't imagine Kurt not being in at least the upper midcard. He's just too good to not be there and it's not like the fans would have forgotten about him. He might get punished with a bad feud at first but eventually Vince would wake up and realize that it just makes sense for Kurt to be in the main event again. He's perhaps the best in the world right now and there's nothing missing from his game. Putting him anywhere below near the top of the card would be a monumental waste.

if When, and If Christian returns, He gets cemented into Main Event status, its damn true that so would Kurt Angle if he ever returned. Kurt is 10 x the better wrestler then Christian.

I think he would do a Jericho and have a world title after his return, just to let the fans once again truely appreciate Angle.

How succesful will/would he be? Hugley. he would be over ten times the amount of Jericho since his return.

I've been thinking about this alot lately, and I'm really not sure about it. On the one hand, Angle left on pretty good terms with the WWE, he was just worn out and the WWE's schedule was literally killing him.

If he returned he very well possibly could pick up where he left off by becoming one of the WWE's top draws/titleholders. He could get back in the WWE's world title hunt and have many memorable feuds with many new stars that he never really got a chance to properly feud with (Cena, Orton, Batista, etc).

First and foremost, I'm pretty sure Kurt Angle didn't leave on "good terms" considering he more or less unofficially talked his way out of his contract, in saying he was burnt out and wanted to take a break from the overall industry due to his health, only to show up on their most up-to-date rival company.. a mere month or however later.

However, that not withstanding.. Kurt Angle is arguably a big enough name that Mr. McMahon (if he decided to rehire him) couldn't just hold him down, it'd be unexplainable and unacceptable. None of the fans could, nor would, believe it to be legit.

Angle is, and always will be a top tier Main Event player.. as he was made within the W.W.E. He just got out of his contract, and likely secretly knew about jumping to T.N.A. all along.

However, there is a plausible chance that, if he returned, he would never be quite as successful as he was due to the possibility that Vince could hold a slight grudge against him for leaving for TNA and helping the new promotion get on its feet (Angle pretty much put TNA on the map). I know Vince would not completely bury him, but he very well possibly could limit Angle's future success in the WWE.

So, what do you think would happen if Angle returned to the WWE? How successful would he be in his second stint with the company?

I couldn't see McMahon holding Angle down in the same respect he would someone who was home-grown from W.C.W.

Kurt Angle was made in the W.W.F/E., he made his name there. Thus, McMahon will take full credit and likely if willing to rehire him, want to show off Angle as the true star he is.

Kurt Angle is too much of an overall athlete to attempt disrespecting with stupid crap like "glass ceilings" and holding him down for going to another company. It'd hurt McMahon worse by doing that, then it would to just accept that that sorta thing happens from time to time.

If kurt angle was to come back he would one of the biggest names still he would be one of the top five up there with triple h, shawn micheals, undertaker,and a couple of toss ups like basita, cena,and orton, but i think kurt angle is already at hall of fame level and coming back would stamp it 4real. Kurt got a least 2 or 3 title runs leave if he didn't leave when he did they was going to make him the face of the new ecw. WOW Think of how far along that ecw would be. but the point is kurt will still have it period!

It's all business for Vince McMahon in my opinion, he'll always do what he feels is best for business to one extent or another. If Kurt Angle comes back to WWE (which is rumored he will when his TNA contract expires this fall), pushing him like he never left would be best for business. He's one of the greatest wrestlers in the world and nothing less than and upper-midcard/Main event status wrestler. I've hated how TNA has used Angle, and by that I mean pushed him beyond the moon and back, and I think in the WWE he'll be a little bit more balanced, and by that I mean not always winning.

Of course you can't expect Vince to just go ahead and put the same amount of trust in him as he might have had before. I mean he did go ahead and kinda lie to get out his contract and join another company that had him bad mouth Vince like crazy in the beginning, but after some time would pass, Angle would be at the top again. In the long run, I think he'd be welcomed back to the WWE.

I can see Kurt being successful once again if he made his return to the WWE. But can he really return? Would the WWE make him a champion again. The answer is no. I don't believe Kurt can make the routes, having 200 matches a year. He can't. And because of that reason he will enver regain the belt. Bringing him back would just be another Shawn Michaels or Ric Flair type of wrestler. Wrestles good important matches, but will defiantly never become champion again.

You're saying that Kurt Angle could return and be back in the title hunt, huh? If he did return, he would be about 41 years old. That's about the same age as HBK, Undertaker, J.B.L. and Kane, but a lot of people don't want to see them as the champion because of their age. What's different about Angle?

I think that Kurt Angle returning to WWE would be very unlikely. For starters, I think that he is very happy with what he's doing in TNA and doesn't want to change that. I think WWE has done fine without him and could continue doing that, but if he does decide to return... WWE would welcome him with open arms.

I think if Angle returned to WWE they would put him on SMackdown, and have him win a few titles. I think Vince would realize that pushing Angle is best for business, and I think that is what Vince wants most. Angle is a great champion, and can put on great matches with almost anyone. He can also draw so much heat as a heel, and get a pretty good reaction as a face. If Angle returns I see him winning a few more titles then in maybe a year or so put him in a HBK type role in having him have little feuds here and there while putting talent over.

You're saying that Kurt Angle could return and be back in the title hunt, huh? If he did return, he would be about 41 years old. That's about the same age as HBK, Undertaker, J.B.L. and Kane, but a lot of people don't want to see them as the champion because of their age. What's different about Angle?

I think that Kurt Angle returning to WWE would be very unlikely. For starters, I think that he is very happy with what he's doing in TNA and doesn't want to change that. I think WWE has done fine without him and could continue doing that, but if he does decide to return... WWE would welcome him with open arms.

Oh I am not talking specifically about Age. I mean sure there are older guys out there. But Kurt Angles body cannot take much more abuse, last time he was in the WWE, it sounded like he was addicted to pain killers. Wrestling in TNA is one thing, you will only have to wrestle 50 times a year or so. In the WWE, you have to wrestle 4 times more. There is also a lot of appearances in the WWE. There is a reason Shawn doesn't wrestle with the title. The champion has to go to house shows, has to make appearances, and has to have good matches every night. And Shawn knows he cannot, and that is the reason Shawn, and Kurt Angle will enver be the WWE or the WHC champion for the WWE again for any length of time longer than a month.

I would love to see kurt back in WWE. If he did come back he would have a reduced schedule, much like HBK and takers'. Also before signing the contract - angle will demand creative control over his character so vince doesnt fuck him up. Anything is possible in wwe. Like they say: Never say never. Lets just wait till kurts contract expires and see what he does

I think Angles return would be a fanfare & possiblly on SD,but after an initial ,failed title push, he,ll probably get the USA title tops or head some faction to get a look in.
Going to TNA after joining & leaving ECW "fried".(a move to ECW does that to a guy) didnt help,& saying Vince could "Kiss my ass" barely a year ago. might not do him any long term favours.
If like Christian ,it all boils down to money,fair enough,but if its a choice,he might wanna think about, being a bigi-sh fish ,a name & title holder in a growing pond or like Big Show (who also left ECW "fried") ,get a look in but so far nothing more.
All TNA stars might wanna "earn respect" & listen to Stings reason on why he NeVeR joined WWE."I didnt feel so much that Vince DiD want me at WWF so much as he DiDnt want me at WCW." How well will Angle & Christian mind that,we shall see.In the end,I think money,ll talk.

There is no way that Angle would sign a contract with WWE if it didn't somehow include that he would have creative control of his character and that he had some world title shots.

Let's face it, Kurt Rock and Austin were the thing in 2000/01 and if Rock came back do you think he would be mid card, NO. If Angle came back he would HAVE to be a mainevent player, it would be stupid to bring him back and keep him in the middy's.

Maybe he wont get a title shot straight away but he would at least be fueding with another maineventer like H or Orton. Would be good to see him back in WWE, i hate TNA and never watch it unless i am surfing channels and i see Kurt is on, without him TNA will die.... Well maybe not but he does carry alot of that show...

If Angle came back, after he had one more title reign, I think he would pretty much play the same role JBL does on RAW, except on Smackdown!. That is to say, he would frequently have squash matches with mid-carders, be the first major challenge to any new WWE championship holder (like JBL was for CM Punk's reign as the World Heavyweight Champion), and, when not involved in the title scene, be in feuds with other high-profile main-eventers that are similarly not in the title scene (just as JBL feuded with Cena last year and is now feuding with Shawn Michaels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back