• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much potential do you see in Brodus Clay?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Brodus-Clay-Have-To-Sing-Cody-Rhodess-Theme.jpg

Alright, I'm bored as fuck and there aren't really any wrestling threads for me to reply on, so I'm going to go ahead and make this thread.

I haven't seen much of Brodus Clay, but I hear good things, and of what I have seen, I've seen potential. He is a beast of a man. When I first saw him, I thought he was Bebop from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, come to life.

438427-bebop_kitbash_cartoon_super.jpg

With that being said, he's a natural henchman. But how far can he go in the wrestling business? Monster heels are usually only suited for the monster heel roll and if they do get fan support it ends up being for the worst, because then they try turning face and it just doesn't work for them.

Anyway, like I said, I haven't seen much of Brodus so I wanted to ask what everyone's opinion on his potential was. He apparently has pretty good mic skills and with his size, he could be a force to reckon with.

I don't think it's hard for this guy to act like a big mean bastard, because he lives it. I think he has a chip on his shoulder and it's going to make him decently successful in the WWE.

Your thoughts?

He's held his own against Edge and Christian in the couple matches he's had with the two. He has a typical big dude style but he has the ability to make it gel with other styles well. While his matches with Edge and Christian weren't the greatest, they were smooth and well done. I don't know if he built chemistry with them because they interacted so often during the buildup to WM but they gelled well with him. If he can keep that ability to work a smooth match with the rest of the roster, he'll probably be around for a while as a bodyguard/destroyer type. Maybe he'll eventually go farther but it's too early to say.

The good thing is as a monster heel you don't need to have mic skills to get over, you just need to get over in your matches. I didn't watch his season of NXT so I can't judge his outside the ring personality but I don't think it's all that important at the moment.

So far I like what I've seen from him though.

I think he peaked just before showing us that ,regardless of his weight, he still had one of the weakest punches in NXT.. :)

Seriously, when guys quote famous movie lines in their promos as if they made it up I question their true ability. The quote, "I'm bringing razor blades and lemon juice" In his first promo.. Pulp Fiction.

I actually think he is gonna end up being a pretty well known guy. I doubt he could become a true "superstar"... But he is decent enough to get pretty over and numerous mid card and tag team titles are in his future. Beyond that, I don't know. If Khali was WHC, anything is probably possible.

Seriously, when guys quote famous movie lines in their promos as if they made it up I question their true ability. The quote, "I'm bringing razor blades and lemon juice" In his first promo.. Pulp Fiction.

Eh, I've seen Cena and Triple H do it numerous times, but I get what you mean.

Also Scott Hall made a career out of it. But I don't like the unoriginality/plagiarism either. Then again, if it helps a guy be more entertaining(as it did for Scott) it tends not to be as big a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back