• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Mike Adamle SHOULD Have Gone Out

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
It was the warm month of June, 2008, and Mike Adamle (you cringe when you read his name, don't you?) was the General Manager of Raw. One of the best times for Raw? No, but it wasn't all Adamle's fault... I mean, just look at the Raw's World Heavyweight Champion at the time- CM Punk. Yeah, so they had other problems as well. Now, I'm about to propose a storyline that the WWE could have ran with during this stagnant summer that could have saved Adamle (even though he didn't deserve it, to be honest), World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk (because, let's face it, his reign sucked), and the Raw brand in general at the time:

So, the bumbling Adamle is the GM of Raw, and Punk is World Heavweight Champion. Neither are really working out well, so... end both. They could have set Adamle up as really pro-Punk, always paling around with him and what not, and befriending him due to the fact that they are the "underdogs" of Raw. Meanwhile, Adamle is approached by a strong heel superstar of the time, most likely Jericho, and they cut a deal together of some sort that is never really revealed. A match is setup for the championship between Jericho & Punk. After a long, arduous bout, Jericho gets Punk in the Walls of Jericho. Adamle storms to the ring, and calls for the bell to be rung, announcing Jericho as the winner and new World Heavyweight Champion, a la Montreal Screwjob. At a later date Adamle comes out and cuts a promo, explaining his actions, and revealing that, all along, he was actually some sort of power-hungry mastermind who actually messed up his lines on purpose so he could ascend in the WWE from commentating to a role of power they tought he could actually handle, such as Raw GM. They could run with this for a few weeks while a Punk-Adamle feud brews, in which Jericho could represent Adamle (this could work in that either A, Punk wins the title back, giving him another, better reign (as he could beat Jericho clean) or B, Punk loses yet stays hot, as he was just involved in Raw's top storyline, a storyline that was both compelling and controversial- promowork by Jericho would have made it even better). After this runs its course, the McMahons could return to Raw and fire Adamle on the spot for "actions unbecoming a WWE General Manager". So, Adamle would've be gone, Punk wouldn't have sucked during the summer, and a very fun, controversial storyline would have occurred in June '08 that would have actually made Raw worth watching back then.

Anyone like?

i like it, but instead of having him be fired right there on raw, Adamle couldve not shown up for a few weeks then showing him at his house being fired via fone call

Well I did have him coming back for a few weeks, as he would get into a bit of a program with Punk, with Jericho representing him. A few good matches and a rather good storyling could have ensued. I think it really would have helped Raw out last summer, as it really was rather poor when looking back on it.

DX should've put him in a crate, marked it OVW an......No, No...that already happened, I would've liked it if Vince came out live on RAW, told him how much he sucked and fired him then and there, saying that Charlie Haas had more carisma.

I've got one question. How exactly does Adamle messing up his lines, and generally seeming incompetent and ignorant of the business put him in a position to be a likely candidate for GM? Obviously they did, but how the hell would Adamle have known that being shit would've gotten him a promotion?

What if instead of having him do a 180 from bumbling idiot, to diabolical genius, which doesn't really make sense, have him acknowledge the fact that he knows nothing about wrestling and doesn't care, in fact he hates the business. The only reason he's RAW GM is the money. He hates the fans for being fans of wrestling and giving him so much shit, and the fans hate him for hating wrestling. And being shit, they can hate him for that too.

If you wanna bring Punk and Y2J into it you've got a hook right there. Jericho round this time went fully heel and cut many a promo on how the fans were hypocrites. And Punk as the face champion is the readymade target for Adamle and Jericho.

If it was me i'd probably leave Jericho out of this angle. Think he was too busy being involved in the feud of the year with HBK.

while your idea is quite good, you have to think who would they have used as the heel. orton was injured and forming the legacy story, and jericho was in a far better feud with HBK.
I actually quite liked adamle, whenever i heard "oh have mercy" i almost cried with laughter, and i was watching ECW more often to hear what things he'd come out with every week. the episode where miz and morrison were winding him up about his lack of wrestling knowledge was good.
Although they certainly could have provided a storyline such as this to get him some depth or at least attempted to. The thing in Kane's bag could have been something that belonged to Adamle, but something that seemed innocuous, but Kane acted like it wasnt, and it could start a storyline where Kane controlled Adamle because he knew something about his past that Adamle wouldnt want revealed

I think Mike Adamle should've gone out the way he did minus something that Stephanie McMahon said the last time we saw him.

Adamle was horrible, Yeah we got it. And there's no reason to let him go out "good", but still I would've had just a little bit more respect for his character had Stephanie not said anything back.

I don't remember the exact quotes, but I remember Adamle had said something offensive to Stephanie McMahon that I specifically remember made me go :lol2:. Something around the lines that she had failed, and was a bad mother too? After he, on his own free will had "quit", he should've said that statement to Stephanie and just walked away...leaving on HIS own terms.

Instead Stephanie said something back to him, that was even more insulting and made Mike Adamle look even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back