• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long do you give TNA before the company folds?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Before & After Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Bubba the love spounge (now released), ECT signed to Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling. TNA as a company has been described by some as how WCW the last two years they were alive. So with all the chaos going on in TNA in the Orlando & Nashville offices. With the direction, budget, and the state of the companys name at risk. How long do you give Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling before the company folds?

During the "Bischoff Era" in WCW, the company ran from 1995 to 2001. So that's about five and a half years WCW road the gravytrain while WCW changed their offices with new members and producers in the company. I'm not blaming Eric Bischoff or Vince Russo for the death of World Championship Wrestling at all now! But they both did play a part in it. People like Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo can both be describe as "the cancers" to WCW when the company started to fall. Which is probraly where WWE chairman Vince McMahon got the word term "Cancer" from at the time where Vinnie Mac brought WCW (the following year when McMahon brought back the New World Order).

We all know the troubles behind the death of ECW. Extreme Championship Wrestling had their problems with the company from the in & out. But we all seen it coming unti'l finally the last ECW show (R.I.P.). But the last WCW Monday Nitro was so surreal it was unreal! It just came out of nowhere all of a sudden! With Vince McMahon on WCW for the first time since WCW "Black Saturday", And Shane McMahon there LIVE in Penscola, Florida in the WCW ring.

Makes you think doesn't it?

So how long do you give TNA before the company folds?...my guess, umm about six and a half months in the destrucion. The same time frame when WCW was bought out by Vince McMahon/WWF/E.

Despite the fact that I tend to be a smidge critical of the current TNA product at times, I honestly do not believe it is anywhere near being in danger of folding. Even though IDR once accused me of being "apocalyptic" with regards to several of my posts regarding TNA, I don't see their current situation being so dire that they are at risk of going out of business.

Having said this, I don't see them challenging WWE any time soon, if ever. I see TNA as being a distant second place organization, a blip on the radar of WWE, and I honestly do not believe this will ever change. That's not even a criticism, there's no shame in second place. It could be worse, they could be ROH. I could be mistaken, but despite the constant claims of the TNA to the contrary, Vince McMahon isn't losing any sleep over any threat to the WWE posed by TNA. While I'm sure he keeps abreast of what is happening on Spike, I cannot imagine he makes any of his decisions out of concern over a re-birth of the Monday Night Wars. If he had any concerns about an assault from TNA, I'm sure that EV2.0 and Fourtune have alleviated any worries he may have had.

As much as hatehabsforever and I have butted heads I do agree with what they said to a tee. Most everyone sees TNA as the second biggest company in the US and most lkely always will but honestly what's so bad in that? Whenyou really look at all the companies that are "players" in the US, TNA & WWE are the only ones doing live PPV on television, have national tv exposure on a channel you don't have to pay an extra 20 bucks a month to get and are internationally recognized. That's saying something for a company that's only 8 years old. Look at CZW which has a good amount of years on TNA, and where are they? Exactly.

Now to the original poster if you really give them six months to live then you are a completely naive fanboy. You gave no reason as to why just an attempted history lesson on the death of WCW which honestly I'm wondering if you even really know as much as you think you do. Vince has his own side of the story and then there is what really happened. TNA are financiall secure as long as Panda are holding the boks and until they lose so much money that Panda says screw it and drops them or they get ratings lower than a Saurday Morning infomercial they are not going anywhere. IF TNA folds it won't be for years and years, so sorry to burst your bubble. Besides I'm glad to have them around. I wach WWE for their stories and that's it. Most of the time I care less abou the matches unless it's PPV. With TNA I'm in it for the matches and for the stories second. I have no problem saying that TNA are second when it comes to stories, although once in a while theywill hit one out of the park.

Such. Negativity. Has TNA done any Kimberly Page On A Pole matches? Yes?! Oh shit, we are fucked.

Wait, no we're not. WCW fell because of bookers butting heads with politics. And Vince Russo. But, number one, there are no politics in TNA. Everyone is getting equal shots. Number two, Russo is on a leash. We just got 6 straight 5 Star tag team matches and a young uprising (plus Ric Flair). I say the only thing folding in TNA is Ric's belly flab.

If they do it will be a long time from now. The nice thing about TNA is that it has Panda Energy so there is a good amount of money that is backing the company.

Not only that TNA seems to have good relationships with all its sponsors and companies associated with it. Spike TV seems to be quite pleased with having iMPACT on its network because they just gave them an extra hour a week with reaction, and the company is growing, its not moving backwards its moving forward. Its not too profitable at this point but its not losing millions and millions of dollars like WCW did. WCW and ECW went out of business because both companies had zero business sense, hell TNA has gotten bigger than ECW ever did and its still growing.

I'll admit I'm not too fond of the current TNA product, but its getting bigger and bigger each year so they must be doing something right.

See the thing is, TNA has been "the little company that couldn't make it" from the time they started up doing weekly ppvs that not many people bought. Then they got a t.v. deal and still no one gave them a chance. Now they hire THE Icon of pro wrestling, and the mind behind a Nitro that once beat Raw for over 80 weeks straight in ratings, and still no one gives them a chance.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the EV 2.0 stuff either but I don't see it lasting much longer. 1 or 2 of the old ECW guys will stick around and the rest will fade away like always. They have a mix of good established names in RVD, Angle, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson etc. and home-grown talent like MCMG, AJ, Desmond, Kaz, etc. They just have to find a good mix and a way to showcase the wide variety of talent that they have.

Why would TNA be in danger of going out of business after all TNA puts on better matches, has a better tag division, and WWE'S storylines are very stagnant and uninteresting. I don't believe TNA is in danger in fact I believe they are improving

Why would TNA be in danger of going out of business after all TNA puts on better matches, has a better tag division, and WWE'S storylines are very stagnant and uninteresting. I don't believe TNA is in danger in fact I believe they are improving
disagree here, both companies now are putting on similar matches, since Daniel Bryan has returned finally, both companies have decent storylines and some that suck. TNA has a better Tag Team division and women's wrestlers while WWE isnt trying to re-create ECW. TNA wont fold anytime soon for ONE big reason. They arent going to sell the company to Mr. McMahon. WCW was sold after Time Warner basically said, they didnt want it on TBS/TNT. TNA isnt being sold soon, while they have their faults (like the ECW storyline) they have the good things, like AJ Styles, good tag team wrestling, Samoa Joe, Angelena Love, Desmond Wolfe, but they dont have the ratings, BUT i dont see them folding, they may not be a big ratings grabber, BUT fans still watch the show, including me, it's not a bad show, is it great, no, but it's not bad.

TNA is not in danger of going out of business and they are NOT like WCW was when WCW died, but that's a thread for a different time.

TNA is bad at the moment, but it is FAR from dying off. The key thing to TNA is the pieces are there. In WCW that wasn't the case so much. In WCW the company had done so many things over a long course of time that there was no way out for them. The titles meant absolutely nothing and the young guys' credibility was so far destroyed that nothing was going to save it. That simply isn't the case in TNA. The title is still valuable, the feuds still have bright spots and it's not like their ratings have plummeted.

Also keep in mind that TNA is MUCH cheaper to make than WCW was. WCW was getting prime time on a major network and was going live most of the time. By having less production values, not having to travel, not having to go around the country and rent arenas and not having a reported roster of over 200 people getting full checks while not even appearing (The Genius and Nailz were under WCW contracts. They made nearly 100 thousand dollars a year and neither appeared on Nitro or Thunder ever. They were paid to sit at home.). TNA has FAR fewer issues than a company that was dying like WCW or ECW.

If TNA dies it's a LONG time in the future, as in multiple years.

TNA is not a WCW level fiasco, but I'm more pessimistic than a lot of people on this thread.

I think that TNA's revenues are overrated. They get about $15M a year from Spike for Impact. WWE's international TV rights are about 1/2 of their US TV rights, say TNA gets 2/3 for $10M. TNA PPV revenue is known to be nil, house show attendance is poor and they don't sell much merchandise. Spike is giving them something for ReAction.

So their revenues are maybe $30M. Sting, Jarrett and Angle are big salaries, but I doubt that anyone else is making WWE level money. Hogan, Flair and Nash are there because Vince didn't want them anymore, so I expect that TNA is paying them a number much closer to $100,000 than $1,000,000, especially since TNA contracts are for a lot fewer dates. Most of the roster is on "per appearance" contracts, so even if they work every Impact and every PPV plus another 50 house shows, they're looking at $100,000.

So, much as I may rip on them, TNA may be making more money than we think. Just as long as Spike's executives don't find out.

First off they have lasted longer then most people have expected. TNA has entered the new Attitude Era. they are picking up where WWE left off before going PG. TNA is gonna fold if they don't get rid of those EV 2.0 rejects. Dreamer cried about what WWE did to ECW. look WWE is PG, PG here people. this means that it's safe for kids. TNA has good stories. Flair's new stable is a good thing though what TNA needs to do is let them take out EV2. Sorry, the old, crappy ECW guys gotta go.

If they do not focus on the future and give better matches then old, no bodies TNA will be done in 2-3 years. They need to be smart and get out of the shadow of WWE and do what WWE doesn't anymore.

I don't think TNA is in such grave danger, but it's not looking so great right now. A lot of people in this topic are saying that TNA is no where near the WCW Power Struggle, and you're right. But TNA is starting off at the wrong end of the stick not the right end - meaning instead of starting with bookers who won't let politics determine how they book shit, they start with Russo and Bischoff.

The thing that I think a lot of people don't realize with TNA though, is that even with the deck stacked against them, they constantly stand up to it and knock it down. So I would assume that though TNA has been dealt the rough hand at the moment, who's to say that they can't end up with the winning hand? That's what keeps me tuning in every week. TNA reminds me a lot of my favorite baseball team; The Chicago Cubs. They are lovable losers. Still, they always sell out Wrigley and have one of the biggest fan bases of any sports team.

i doubt tna will go out of buisness,i have watched wwf/e for almost 30yrs and i can say currently i think tna is putting out a much better product.wwe needs to freshen up and begin producing better production.with tna the storlines keeps it interesting with whats currently going on.wwe you can almost see it coming

Why did WCW die? It's simple...Yes, there were politics...Yes the tv shows were becoming horrendous...But WCW would still be alive TODAY if Ted Turner still had the reigns...Once WCW was sold to AOL and Time Warner, that was it...And being from Atlanta, WCW was always my preference..And I know the effect of Turner pulling out...The Braves have suffered for YEARS since Turner let them go but i'm rambling lol..AOL and Time Warner didn't want "professional wrasslin" on their payroll... They looked at how ratings had declined and deemed WCW expendable..Enter Vince McMahon and the rest is history..

Now as for TNA...They have their OWN version of Ted Turner...Called Panda Energy....Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan did not sign their contracts with TNA or Spike TV...They signed them with Panda Energy... Aslong as Panda Energy is financially backing TNA, they will stay in business.... But, just like Turner and WCW, as soon as Panda Energy backs out, TNA's dead within 6 months...It's that simple...I don't FORSEE TNA going out of business anytime soon.... But then again, I didn't forsee WCW goin out of business at all in 1999 and less than 2 years later, they were done...TNA can have the shittiest booking ever but aslong as they're financially backed by Panda Energy, they ain't goin anywhere.

As much as I dislike TNA I don't think they are in any danger of folding as long as Bischeoff doesn't make the same mistake he did in WCW and trying to compete and put WWE out of business they need to worry about getting their ratings up before they can ever even attempt to do that.

And about that last WCW Nitro it was very surreal I actually heard about it and had to go on WCW.com because I didn't believe it actually happened because I never even knew they were any danger of going out of business.

Great thread op. I think it's only a matter of weeks before TNA folds.

TNA isn't pushing the younger guys like Styles, Kaz, Joe, Doug Williams, Matt Morgan, Team Canada or any of the TNA originals like D'Angelo Dinero The Pope.

If they don't, they will fail soon. No one ever heard of tommy dreamer of any of the other indy guys.

TNA has no more money and they will prolly close soon and WWE will go back to being the one and only source of wrestling. No one does it like them. Cena/Orton are the future of wrestling.

So yeah, hopefully TNA will fold soon Savion, as we hope ;)

What I really wanna see is a rebirth of Nation of Domination!

TNA isn't anywhere near shutting down.

1st off, the network they're on is pleased with the ratings they're getting.

They're not rolling in the dough, but they're not going broke either.

They've got financial backing from Panda Energy, which is quite substantial.

Anyone saying they're gonna be out of business in 6 months to a year doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

TNA isn't pushing the younger guys like Styles, Kaz, Joe, Doug Williams, Matt Morgan, Team Canada or any of the TNA originals like D'Angelo Dinero The Pope.

If they don't, they will fail soon. No one ever heard of tommy dreamer of any of the other indy guys.

TNA has no more money and they will prolly close soon and WWE will go back to being the one and only source of wrestling. No one does it like them. Cena/Orton are the future of wrestling.

May I be bold enough to ask you, exactly what is the source to your line "TNA has no more money and they will prolly close soon..."

You're assertion is so flawed because TNA is pushing young guys aka FORTUNE!
If TNA does make Fortune job to EV 2.0 in this storyline, yes now that would be very very ******ed. But that doesn't mean they will fold.

Look TNA has a very talented roster and I have gone hoarse saying this all they need is cohesion and fluidity in their storyline and not act as rating-****es and just abruptly vanish a storyline just to start a 'cool' new one.

During the MEM days, I really dug their programming. They had a major plot and sub plots which were well executed.

I hope that TNA does not fold because, I do want an alternative to WWE and TNA has tremendous potential, I do feel its just a Head-Booking away.....

TNA folding in the next 90 days? I say unlikely. They have the financial backing and yeah, they don't draw what WWE draws by any stretch of the imagination, but they don't have the overhead either.

Wrestlers generally make less. If you're not on the road 300 days a year, you don't need the ring crew EVERY DAY. Since impact isn't live, they can save money on that.

But that being said, they DO need to cut the fat. There are far too many people who just aren't drawing. Hogan, Bischoff, RVD, Russo, Nash, Hardy, Kennedy, Moore, etc. have not caused an increase in buy-rates of PPVs nor have they caused ratings, attendance or merchandise sales to increase. On the contrary, from what we've read on here (albeit it not too credible) PPV buys are at an all-time low for them. And their ratings numbers have been some of the lowest ever in recent months.

There are plenty more cancers TNA has, but that should do for now.

I think it's only a matter of time before we become apes again. That is if evolution is real.

TNA isn't pushing the younger guys like Styles, Kaz, Joe, Doug Williams, Matt Morgan,
...Fortune? You mean the guys that have been running roughshot the past 3 weeks? Shit, what the hell do you want from them? Become the governors of Florida?
Team Canada
Team Fucking Canada?! They disbanded 5 five years ago! Robert Roode is part of Fortune, Petey and D' Amore are long gone, and Eric is... Eric.
or any of the TNA originals like D'Angelo Dinero The Pope.
Gee, wrestling Mr. Anderson in order to headline Bound For Glory and challenge for the World Championship isn't a push for you? What the hell is then?

If they don't, they will fail soon.
Considering the fact that they already are and that you're freakin' exaggerating, I say they won't be failing soon.
No one ever heard of tommy dreamer of any of the other indy guys.
My user name reads "iMPACT Player" Riaku. Not nobody.

You're their financial advisor? How the hell does a broke company produce more shows as it goes "bankrupt" than when it wasn't?

Yes, so we have to sit through one pro wrestling company. While we're at it, we should also have one car brand, one fast food franchise and one international government. Fuck variety.

Check Youtube then.

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2359335]
You're their financial advisor?[/QUOTE]

Well that would explain why 'TNA has no more money and they will prolly close soon"

:lmao:

Bottom Line, TNA has a great stable in Fortune but I dunno if they have a faction to feud with. I mean you've got all the young interesting guys in it as heels. So who stands against them??
I hope they Kick EV 2.0's asses and most of them go away but then who's next?

A division X faction? An ROH faction?
or ( and I hope so) A return of the MEM!!
Man, I'd markout!!
I friggin' loved the MEM!!

Kurt Angle as Godfather> Andy Garcia as Godfather. 'nuff said!

So yeah, hopefully TNA will fold soon Savion, as we hope

To quote Raven from last year...."That is your target people....Aim well! It's a wonder you are not banned, although when/if IDR sees this you just might be. It's people like you that give WWE fans a bad name. It's also fans like you that give forums a bad rap. If you believe ANY of what you said is true you are just as moronic as the op in thinking TNA is ANYWHERE near folding. And like someone else mentioned,if you are jonesing for the attitude era, it's called youtube

Most of you are clueless about business it seems.

TNA is a tax write off for Panda energy, they could give a rats ass if they make money right now, if they do make money, it's a bonus.

ALL Tna is, is a play thing for Dixie, which daddy has given her the keys to, she is a god damn mark the ECW thing was proof, If you are going to give those no talent hacks PPV time, don't STOP your own storylines and BUILD IT UP! Do it right! Not in the impact zone, not in 3 weeks notice.

TNA has all the talent, but Hogan and Bischoff need to be given more power.

But when idiots say TNA isn't pushing younger talent, well then, you are just a fucking idiot and don't watch the show. The young guys get most of the god damn air time! and with how Flair and Angle are performing WHY would you cut minutes from them? TNA has all the elements talent wise, the problem is Dixie they need to expand they don't advertise shit

Unless big changes are made and made soon I see tough times ahead for TNA.

They need to change direction and hire a new writer whether that be Paul Heyman or someone else but it needs to happen fast.

I don't think that TNA is in any immediate danger of folding. I do think that the overall product right now is extremely bad but TNA has some things going for it that WCW didn't.

WCW pissed away a lot of the credibility that they had, whether it be for titles or for the talent they had signed to the roster in and of themselves. When you go so far as to have titles change by booking the champion to lie down from a fingerpoke, the title means quite little. When you go so far as to have a celebrity, and a C list celebrity at that, like David Arquette win the world title over so many actually deserving and talented wrestlers on the roster, then how can you expect people to care about anything you do? These are just a couple of examples that WCW had wrong with them, even though they still drew good ratings each week.

Overall, I think the biggest advantage that TNA has right now is that Spike is solidly and legitimately behind it. Spike has done a lot to attempt to get TNA over and generally improve things and they want TNA to stay around. WCW didn't have that during the past year or so it was around.

TNA is a far cheaper to produce than WCW was, though the fact that TNA remains in the Impact Zone almost all the time is also a source of criticism. TNA has yet to really take iMPACT! on the road in an attempt to broaden the size of its live audience and, in the process, to cast itself in a different light. Broadcasting iMPACT! from different locations each week is something that TNA is eventually going to have to do, whenever that might be is anyone's guess. Until/unless they fail miserably in such an attempt, then I think any talk or guess of TNA folding is most definitely premature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back