How I Met Your Mother

I'm still a few weeks behind you guys but it seems to me that Ted & Robin hasn't been resolved but that it's coming and it's going to be ugly. I seem to when Victoria returned & pointed out that the 3 couldn't coexist, Ted in voiceover referencing just how right she was.
The season started with a runaway bride & Ted, I expect it'll end with a bride who refuses to run away with Ted. Nicely tying up Robin & Barney's commitment issues and finally ending Teds hope and letting him move on.

Well, we're just a few days away now. Is this it? Are we going back to that rainy night at the Farhampton train station, on Monday Night? Also, what goes horribly wrong at the wedding? I'm excited to see what happens.

I'm really pumped for Monday's episode, it feels like a huge deal and we know something will happen, whether its meeting the mom or not is uncertain but we know something will happen.

I've heard a few people think Ted is gonna try and get Robin to run away with him but I don't think that will happen, I can see it happening but don't think it will go that way. If anything I think Ted is gonna be the one that makes sure the wedding happens. I don't think he will be the one to try and screw things up but he may be the one to pull things together. I think Monday's episode set up what will most likely happen. I think Robin will try and bail, possibly try and get Ted to run away with her and Ted stops it. At this point Ted obviously wishes he was the husband but I think he realizes Robin doesn't love Ted in that way although Robin wishes Barney was more like Ted sometimes. Barney may hate it but its obvious Ted knows Robin better than Barney does and I think that's why Robin will try and run away with Ted. Barney loves Robin but sometimes he sucks at showing it.

It's all speculation at this point but whatever does happen I'm not worried, this show hasn't disappointed me yet so I don't see it happening now.

I'm really pumped for Monday's episode, it feels like a huge deal and we know something will happen, whether its meeting the mom or not is uncertain but we know something will happen.

I've heard a few people think Ted is gonna try and get Robin to run away with him but I don't think that will happen, I can see it happening but don't think it will go that way. If anything I think Ted is gonna be the one that makes sure the wedding happens. I don't think he will be the one to try and screw things up but he may be the one to pull things together. I think Monday's episode set up what will most likely happen. I think Robin will try and bail, possibly try and get Ted to run away with her and Ted stops it. At this point Ted obviously wishes he was the husband but I think he realizes Robin doesn't love Ted in that way although Robin wishes Barney was more like Ted sometimes. Barney may hate it but its obvious Ted knows Robin better than Barney does and I think that's why Robin will try and run away with Ted. Barney loves Robin but sometimes he sucks at showing it.

It's all speculation at this point but whatever does happen I'm not worried, this show hasn't disappointed me yet so I don't see it happening now.

Good predictions. CBS is hyping Monday's episode by saying it's the moment we've all been waiting for when the "mother of all secrets" will be revealed. Somehow though, I think they'll throw in a curveball and we won't meet the mother. I hope we do but i don't think it will happen. I think they might end it as a cliff hanger, like we will see her (her full identity, not just covered face) but Ted and her won't meet. The producers did say that Barney and Robin do end up getting married even though the wedding goes horribly wrong, so that's right in line with your prediction.

Also, they've said that the entire "narration style" and structure will be different next year. I'm wondering if maybe the mother narrates next season? Maybe we get the story of her and Ted's early relationship, from her perspective?

Good predictions. CBS is hyping Monday's episode by saying it's the moment we've all been waiting for when the "mother of all secrets" will be revealed. Somehow though, I think they'll throw in a curveball and we won't meet the mother. I hope we do but i don't think it will happen. I think they might end it as a cliff hanger, like we will see her (her full identity, not just covered face) but Ted and her won't meet. The producers did say that Barney and Robin do end up getting married even though the wedding goes horribly wrong, so that's right in line with your prediction.

Also, they've said that the entire "narration style" and structure will be different next year. I'm wondering if maybe the mother narrates next season? Maybe we get the story of her and Ted's early relationship, from her perspective?

I definitely am with you in thinking Ted will not meet the mother on Monday, it doesn't really go with how the show has been put together as they love to throw curveballs in this show.

I'm very curious to see what next season brings. I wonder how the narration style will change and the mother telling her side of the story would be an interesting twist. I've heard rumors they are considering doing a spin off where they do an entire series from the mothers perspective (How I Met Your Father) so I think you are probably right in your narration prediction, or maybe they will do a 2 person narration with both parents narrating together. I think that could give an interesting twist and a new dynamic. They have always done multiple versions of stories in this show so it would be cool to see Ted and the mother having conflicting accounts on what really happened on a certain event just like married couples often do.

I definitely am with you in thinking Ted will not meet the mother on Monday, it doesn't really go with how the show has been put together as they love to throw curveballs in this show.

I'm very curious to see what next season brings. I wonder how the narration style will change and the mother telling her side of the story would be an interesting twist. I've heard rumors they are considering doing a spin off where they do an entire series from the mothers perspective (How I Met Your Father) so I think you are probably right in your narration prediction, or maybe they will do a 2 person narration with both parents narrating together. I think that could give an interesting twist and a new dynamic. They have always done multiple versions of stories in this show so it would be cool to see Ted and the mother having conflicting accounts on what really happened on a certain event just like married couples often do.

Interesting thoughts. We will have to see what happens Monday. If they don't reveal the mother, then it might not work with her narrating some or all of the story next year. If do reveal her, then I think your idea is good. Let future Ted tell the kids about his early relationship with the mother and then let Future mother tell the kids "what really happened." That could be pretty funny.

Interesting thoughts. We will have to see what happens Monday. If they don't reveal the mother, then it might not work with her narrating some or all of the story next year. If do reveal her, then I think your idea is good. Let future Ted tell the kids about his early relationship with the mother and then let Future mother tell the kids "what really happened." That could be pretty funny.

Agreed. This is mostly assuming we do meet the mother this season, if not then it can't work. I'm also assuming nothing has happened to the mother in the future and her and Ted still live together happily with their kids.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how all this concludes, I've been invested in this show since halfway through the 1st season and I can't wait to see how it concludes.

Ok I'm gonna ask something, maybe its nothing but on the eve of the penultimate season's finale, well it could be...

Has anyone noticed that Ted calls Marvin, COUSIN MARVIN when speaking to his kids?

Does this mean the mother is related to Lily or Marshall?

Have we had any character that might fit this bill?

Anyway, super-psyched for tomorrow's episode. I actually think as Season 9 is the last season, it'd be best if they reveal the mum tomorrow. Build her up in season 9 coz Robin not ending up with Ted seems kinda cruel by now. I have an inkling that Ted might be seriously contemplating speaking up during the 'if anyone has objection to the union' bit. And the mother might talk her outta it.

Does he not always call him Uncle Marvin? I've never heard him say cousin marvin. I don't think we have had character that fits the bill

Ok I'm gonna ask something, maybe its nothing but on the eve of the penultimate season's finale, well it could be...

Has anyone noticed that Ted calls Marvin, COUSIN MARVIN when speaking to his kids?

Does this mean the mother is related to Lily or Marshall?

Have we had any character that might fit this bill?

Anyway, super-psyched for tomorrow's episode. I actually think as Season 9 is the last season, it'd be best if they reveal the mum tomorrow. Build her up in season 9 coz Robin not ending up with Ted seems kinda cruel by now. I have an inkling that Ted might be seriously contemplating speaking up during the 'if anyone has objection to the union' bit. And the mother might talk her outta it.

Well Future Ted's kids know Barney as "Uncle Barney" and Robin as "Aunt Robin," Lily as "Aunt Lilly" and Marshall as "Uncle Marshall." Even though they're not all related, sometimes families will refer to their really close friends as "Aunt" and "Uncle" thus by those standards Marvin would be their "cousin."

Well, we got to see the mother. Adorable little thing if I say so myself.

I'm glad they gave us that moment, otherwise the finale would have felt like they completely pulled the rug from under us. Without the wedding airing, they had to give us something special, and that was it. I'll certainly take it.

But yeah... great episode. Where the show goes from here, I think the wedding will draw out for a few episodes, maybe more, and then Ted meets the mother and from that point on we see him court her until the finale when they tie the knot and everything gets wrapped up. I'm definitely looking forward to it all. I don't regret at all that this wasn't the last season.

That mother looks awfully familiar but cant quite figure out where I've seen her before.

I liked that they delayed the wedding and they certainly didn't disappoint. All the stories worked and fit together nicely. I'm very interested in whats gonna happen with Marshall and Lilly and laughed at the "I'm terrible at making big decisions. Are you sure you wanna be a judge?" line. Robin and Barney really do make a tremendous couple and have a much better dynamic than Ted and Robin in my opinion. A lot of big things happened which I'm glad happened and the flashback to Ted and Stella was a nice touch.

Overall great episode and makes me anxious for the final season.

OH COME ON!

Man, I really wanted to see the wedding! But I guess seeing the mother is a consolation. AJ Cute, with Miz Tooth :D. I'm sure she'll grow on me.

Anyway, I liked how there is a motive with everyone heading to the wedding. Should be great the first 2 episodes of Season 9.

On a side note: Its not dawning one me that the show is ending, (sigh)

Oh boy that was a really good episode. It was full of stories that lead me to care about the characters a whole lot. I'm guessing that this show ends with everyone happy. So Robin marries Barney, Ted marries the mother (duh), and Lily and Marshall work it out. Season 9 is already looking to be one hell of a season, bring it on!

Really good episode, I didn't even notice it was the season finale. Was expecting the wedding but the mother reveal was a nice consolation. The ring in wrong glass trick was great reference to the show's past. The 'are you sure you wanna be a judge?' line was great, definitely the best line of the night.

The actress playing the mother resembles Summer Glau + Alyson Hannigan(Lily). Cute but might need better make up next season. She looked like someone that's overworked in that shot.

She's a Broadway actress, nominated for a Tony this year, a few TV credits. Apparently, the producers wanted someone who was kind of a blank slate to paint her character on, with no preconceived notions

I really loved the big reveal. First they showed the boots and guitar case, then the umbrella, then her back, the most we'd ever seen of her and I STILL wasn't sure we'd see her and then the man in front of her steps away from the line and there she was! "one ticket to farhampton please!" I loved the big smile. That was a nice touch. It was like, this is the moment you've all been waiting for.

She does remind me of AJ a lot. I knew I recognized her from somewhere and it turns out, she was Johnny Sack's daughter in the Sopranos.

Overall, I liked the episode and really leaves the door open for a lot of possibilities in this final season. I'm assuming the wedding is going to have to be early in this upcoming season. Revealing the mother now, the way they did, makes the wedding much easier. Now, they can show the band without having to block her out of evey picture.

Here's a quote from show co-creator Carter Bays: "Our ninth season will tell the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever. We hope you like it. Next stop, Farhampton...”

The entire season will be the wedding weekend? Season 8 ended at 10 AM on Friday, 56 hours from the wedding. Interesting.

Holy hell, a whole season around one wedding?!

Well those guys have kept me glued on till now, don't think they'll disappoint now. This is brave, can't wait.

I'm wondering if they're going to do the wedding from each main character's perspective. They've kind of done that with a couple episodes over the course of the series, where they show the same events but from different perspectives. That's really the only way I could see them dragging out a whole season revolving around 1 wedding weekend. Now that they've revealed the mother, we can see things from her perspective too.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that the final moment of the season/series will be at the train station when Ted and the mother finally meet.

It'd be great if they showed how the mother was always there at crucial junctures at Ted's life (she kinda's already written in like that, the umbrella, bass etc), but she has to have that extra special kick of a connection to knock Robin outta Ted's heart for good.

It'd be great if they showed how the mother was always there at crucial junctures at Ted's life (she kinda's already written in like that, the umbrella, bass etc), but she has to have that extra special kick of a connection to knock Robin outta Ted's heart for good.

Yes, I think we'll definitely see some of that. We already know she was in the economics class that Ted accidentally taught, on his first day as an architectual professor. We know she was in the same night club as Barney and Ted on St. Patrick's day early in the series. She was Cindy's roommate, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back