How has your 2014 been?

Now these are end of year stories I can get behind. Did said female want a piece of Barbosa? Did the smokers 'charms' actually work for once?

Let's just say she wanted into 'my' bed...

And to clear up said innuendo, she wanted into my room as circumstances had also made it her room. So really she wanted to go to sleep.

The nice guy in me had awakened enough to allow her to have the better bed (which was originally mine), but not enough to awaken from my drink-induced coma to actually open the door for her.

Is this list done chronologically? If so, fair play on quitting weed THEN going to Amsterdam. I'm dying to go there just to smoke some sweet sweet greenage again.

I may have indulged in smoking once or twice (twice) in Amsterdam, but that was it. It doesn't count if it's in Europe.

Also, what's expressive art therapy and is that something you're taking for the new(-ish) job?

It would be more accurate to say I took the new(ish) job for expressive art therapy. Expressive art therapy is a way to get patients/clients to be more comfortable discussing their issues. Sometimes they do it through the art itself (for example you can ask them to draw a picture of something that makes them happy and something that makes them sad and analyze what they drew), sometimes it's just a way to get them to loosen up and feel more comfortable.

I'm mostly interested in play therapy, which would be like playing games with younger clients in order to get them to feel more comfortable and open to discussing their problems.

My divorce went through and it only yielded partial financial ruin on my part.

So there's that, and everything else has been a similarly mixed bag that could've been far worse, so I'm feeling somewhat glass-half-full heading into 2015.

A lot of big things, but also a lot more stress. Many of them intertwine with one another. Maybe you can guess which. Maybe I shouldn't write this while im in a shitty mood.

Came back from my fourth trip overseas in the wee hours of valentines day, during a giant snow storm. We were the only flight allowed to come in that night, pretty badass.

Got married in a grand affair about 6 weeks afterward. It was the first and likely last time that all of my inherited family from the east coast got to meet my blood family from the west coast, which was insanely cool for me. I then went on an awesome honeymoon to the mountains of Arizona.

Bought a nice, new big house in a very nice area. It still isn't near full yet, and house projects are like battling the immortals....Every time one gets done, another three seem to pop up. This seems to be further enflamed when one of the houses main inhabitants seems to be malcontented with various seemingly low priority things. Nonetheless, it is a place much nicer than I have ever lived in my life, and is pretty damn swell.

Also got a sweet new vehicle towards the end of the summer.

I was placed in a new job when I returned from my last tour, because of the obvious rising resentment I was developing about the frequency of my last two tours, and the overall poor leadership and lack of consistency in my other work section. I am miserable in this job since it is desk work in a logistics section (think UPS tracking).

Just returned from a GREAT trip back home, which was my wifes first trip to were I am from. She was definitely a fish out of water there, but it was a very good experience, besides my mother's extremely erratic and poor behavior.

All in all, its been a year of enormous transition, which I guess is bound to stress and wear upon individuals.

Got tickets for the Royal Rumble, so will definitely be setting the tone for 2015 to top them all!!

Not much to it really.

Worked my ass off as usual.

Daughter turned 5 this year.

Stepdaughter graduated from high school and started college.

Some money issues in the year.

Won the world title in WZCW again.

Nothing major broke of mine.

Didn't get the job in a new department like I wanted, ended up being a blessing in disguise as the guys in that department are getting ran into the ground.

Successfully completed one year of not having a single cigarette (switched to vaping).

Went to a couple concerts, a couple local shows.

Some bad, mostly good. Nothing super exciting this year.

Kinda shit

Finished uni, moved back home due to financial reasons and am working the same job I was before I left which annoys me because it's not what I want to do and I feel like I haven't done anything in three years. Also I always work the crappy shifts and to top it off I got held up on Sunday at said job.

Still want to find something in design but again where I'm currently living there's very few and the surrounding areas don't seem to have anything at the moment.

Trying to still make stuff for myself to keep me going but it's really hard because it's hard to stay motivated because of what I feel is a crappy situation and not being able to sleep and feeling permanently tired.

Hopefully 2015 will be better. Honestly I made a joke to myself that this year has been crap because I'm 23 (and nobody likes you when you're 23)

Барбоса;5076701 said:
Let's just say she wanted into 'my' bed...

And to clear up said innuendo, she wanted into my room as circumstances had also made it her room. So really she wanted to go to sleep.

The nice guy in me had awakened enough to allow her to have the better bed (which was originally mine), but not enough to awaken from my drink-induced coma to actually open the door for her.

Ah fair enough, well what can she expect, one can only be so gentlemanly in an evening.

Барбоса;5077585 said:
She is a woman... they share the same motto as James Bond's family...

Ooh, lucky you're on a largely testosterone fueled forum here, mate.

There have been some down points in this last year, but I'm just going to list the good things that have happened.

- Things are going really well with my girlfriend and her daughter. We are starting to talk about moving in together in a year or so.

- I've seen alot of live bands again this year:
Monster Magnet, The Twang, Miles Kane, Northside, The Real People, Dan Reed x2, Sebastian Bach, Kasabian, California Breed, The Ordinary Boys, James, The Maccabees, Starsailor, The Dan Reed Network and Slash.

- Already booked some concerts for next year:
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Black Label Society and Papa Roach.

- I received a pay rise in my current job last week- I'm still in the process of looking for progression elsewhere though.

- Had a lot of good nights out with friends, and been able to visit my brother several times who moved down to London with his girfriend.

- I got the keyhole surgery I needed on my shoulder, which has been causing pain for a year and a half. It's pretty much totally healed now so I shall be heading back to the gym properly soon, and trying to put the mass back on and get back into good shape- That's one of my 2015 goals.

- I renewed my season ticket for Bolton Wanderers, and while it's not been great things have started to look up under new manager Neil Lennon.

2014 started off quite good for me and then went downhill.

I was working in London till mid of March. Pissed off a few of the senior folks that I was working with, due to which I was sent back to Chennai. Work is a bit repetitive, with no significant new opportunities on the horizon. Personal life was almost non-existent.

Hopefully 2015 turns out to be much better.

Sounds like some of us need better years next year, well, I am starting this weekend when I am going to attempt to put the moves on someone who I am interested in romantically for once, and I am almost certain she feels the same way. So expect comical thread detailing the epic blunder next Sunday, I never fuck up so badly as I do when I actually care.

Okay, so it didn't work out. Instead I got accused for being responsible for a friend of mines suicide. 2014 was indeed incredibly shit.

What the hell? That is like the opposite of making out with a lady. What happened?

Some idiot I know got drunk and I reckon he was trying to goad me. Its annoying because I was doing alright until then, proper mood killer. Reckon I could play the angst card in the future?

Some idiot I know got drunk and I reckon he was trying to goad me. Its annoying because I was doing alright until then, proper mood killer. Reckon I could play the angst card in the future?

Depends. Can you look like this while mumbling the phrase "You just don't know what real pain is." under your breath & avoiding eye contact?

0c8b49611e8ffe3edebb41167b7b3439.jpg

Second thought, that may only work if she likes The Cure & no-one really wants to date a girl that likes The Cure. Sure, she may have a hot rack & can handle her liquor, but then one day you come home to find her bleeding out in your bathtub & that isnt exactly good for business.

Overall, it's been pretty good. Rough start to the year, but around April it started to get a lot better. September I started working at Amazon, and in general my relationship with my girlfriend got incredibly strong this year. All in all, pretty successful year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back