How good is your computer overall?

Blue Chipper

Shapeshifting Humanoid
Mine is decent; I have an adequate amount of total space, an incredibly nice monitor, but I don't have much ram (2 GB), and that's especially bad considering my OS is Vista.

So, how good is your computer?

250 GB HD, 2 Gigs of Ram, but im running on Windows 7 so it's a relatively nice computer for what I need it for. Nice 21 inch HP monitor too.

I would say it's above average. I can run Modern Warfare 2 on high quality.

Intel Quad Core 9550
4GB DDR2 1066 RAM (Used to run 6GB DDR3 on my old motherboard. Need to get it repaired)
500GB HDD
2X Asus 260 GTX graphic cards
750W Thermaltake PSU.

Edit: Running Windows 7.

500GBDDR3 Hard drive, 1GB NVIDIA G-Force 9600GSO (overclocked video card), 3 gigs of RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme and Windows 7 ultimate. In other words. an out-dated Gaming Rig.

Work: Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 3 22" monitors, 1 GB ATI video card and a second 512 MB ATI video card - Overall: Great

Home Desktop: AMD Athlon X2 Black Edition overclocked to 3.8 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD as well as 320 GB External HDD and 500 GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, 1GB ATI video card with a 22" monitor. Overall: getting outdated but still good and in need of a second screen.

Home Laptop: Core 2 Duo processor, 3 GB RAM 320 GB HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 17" - Overall: Very solid laptop.

Home Desktop: AMD Athlon X2 Black Edition overclocked to 3.8 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD as well as 320 GB External HDD and 500 GB External HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, 1GB ATI video card with a 22" monitor. Overall: getting outdated but still good and in need of a second screen.

I know what you mean Ty. I find it painful to be sitting at a computer with just one screen.

I got 2x 24" myself.

Really? What are the specs.

I always kinda assumed that you had a nice computer considering you have photoshop which requires a lot of ram to properly run.

I have an Acer Aspire 5720
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

I know what you mean Ty. I find it painful to be sitting at a computer with just one screen.

I got 2x 24" myself.

It's bad, I go from work to home and I feel constrained with just one monitor.

As for work, I have my point of sale and telnet applications on one screen, browser/email, Google Talk, and Windows XP Virtual Machine on another, and on my third screen is where my Excel Spreadsheets go.

I've gone from shitty iMac (the old little colored ones) to shitty PowerBook to, finally, mediocre MacBook that's about 4 years behind things.

But, can't really bitch, since all of them were free to me.

It's bad, I go from work to home and I feel constrained with just one monitor.

As for work, I have my point of sale and telnet applications on one screen, browser/email, Google Talk, and Windows XP Virtual Machine on another, and on my third screen is where my Excel Spreadsheets go.

I got two screens both places (thank fucking god) But I hate school time where I simply sit at my laptop.

I need to buy myself some converter that can be split in two and make two screens.

I find out about my work computer next week

Home one is dying and shit

What in the world do you use 7 for? Lots of servers?
All sorts of reasons. Windows 7 machine for main, Vista was my main and is my downstairs main, an XP I have a test web server on, a OpenSUSE 11.2 machine to work with Linux, a machine set up as a file server, a laptop, and one computer I just haven't figured out what I want to do with yet.

That doesn't include the three laptops I have which don't work for various reasons, but could work if necessary.

That's quite a lot. But as long as it plays a role then of course it's justified.

Well, it's also justified in the theory of...why throw them out? It's not like I went out and bought 7 at one time, I've just collected them over time. And as they age, I find different uses for them.

I'm saving the environment, I am.

Yeah of course. We got like 8 computers at home here. But they all have various usings and of course there's also the fact that every second weekend we're 8 people here (My mom has me and my sister. Her boyfriend has 3 children of his own)

I got my Mac laptop. I got my stationary (the one I listed earlier) we got another Mac, a media center, 4 extra normal laptops (different brands and sizes) and another stationary.

And agreed there's always gonna be some kind of way of using it. Say one of your laptop's screens breaks. Change it with one of those that doesn't function etc.

By that theory you save money as well.

I do need to add another laptop here at some point. My wife and step daughter had one but the power supply for the backlight on the monitor went out and replacing the screen didn't help. I also want to build a new desktop not to mention set up small workstations for my office when doing PC repairs.

I'm a fairly lucky person, my parents got me a new Macbook Air and the new iMac for college. They find school to be quite important so I figured why not let 'em spend all that money if they want to. The computers haven't even been delivered yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back