• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you book the next 3 months if it is Reigns vs HHH at SummerSlam

ryanmclfc

Dark Match Jobber
So, we are led to believe (which makes sense) that HHH will face Reigns at SummerSlam, if that is the case how do you book the next 3 PPV's especially now that this Evolution vs Shield feud is in full swing.

Extreme rules we'll have the 6 man tag team match, and then there will be 2 more PPV's to follow, hopefully we don't just get 3 6 man tag team matches with 3 PPV's, although they could probably pull of a fantastic match!

Just curious to see how you guys book it?

Actually there is 3 more PPV's until Summerslam after Extreme Rules..PAYBACK, MONEY IN THE BANK and BATTLEGROUND..
Well Kane is going to be involved with DB in the title picture until summerslam..Batista , Orton and HHH will be fueding with Shield..Somekind of matches with these are going to happen at each PPV's..
Also Sting maybe involved in this in some capacity along with Ric Flair..

If they are going with what you said, and it looks a bit that way with Reigns cutting that promo on Smackdown basically calling him out. If there are 3 more PPVs after that, tbh I cant think that far.

I mean to me at least it seems hard cause those PPVs are monthly so that doesnt leave that much room for stuff to happen and it would seem pretty rushed to have Extreme Rules 3v3 then what for the next 3 PPVs? I mean the least of what I can think of is like, 1 win for Evolution, 1 win for the Shield, that leaves 2 more PPVs until Summerslam. So mb then they could make the "Who is really the best" match and do another 3v3 with a stipulation. But then we are left with another PPV until Summerslam. I'm also curious how others would book this. Do they have the Shield in a gauntlet match against every team on the roster? I'm guessing a lot of this comes down to future stipulations that Triple H will impose.

I wouldn't do anything dramatic. Just let a meeting between the two become unavoidable.

Extreme Rules can be a 6 man. I'd even say a rematch at Payback with perhaps swapping a member of Evolution allowing someone else to challenge Bryan. MITB is difficult but I suppose all three members of The Shied + Orton and Batista could be in the ladder match.

HHH and Reigns are the two stand-out guys in each group. Each intense confrontation between the two stables will be focused around Reigns and HHH. A match at Summerslam could be fantastic and Reigns will go over and become a huge face.

I would book it like this:

Extreme Rules- Evolution vs The Shield. Evolution just go over with some interference.
Payback- The Shield get their revenge and go over evolution.
MITB- The Shield are in the ladder match. Reigns gets screwed out of it by the authority.
Battleground- The Shield vs Kane and two other guys working for the authority.
Summerslam- The big match. Reigns goes over.

I could see it just building up to 3 singles matches at Summerslam, Batista vs Dean, Orton vs Rollins, Triple H vs Reigns. Something like that, it wouldn't just be a big deal or big push for Reigns, but one for the whole group.

As the poster said above, I fully expect the all three members of The Shield to get a much deserving push at Summerslam. Roman Reigns is great but that does not mean that Ambrose and Rollins aren't good either because they both are. I was thinking that maybe you could do Ambrose vs Batista and Rollins vs Orton as two other matches on the card.

Batista vs Reigns would also be a good match and should happen down the line maybe WrestleMania 31, you go with Batista vs Reigns or something like that. So far The Summerslam card looks like:

WWE World title:
Daniel Bryan (c) vs Brock Lesnar
Triple H vs Roman Reigns
Batista vs Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton
John Cena vs Cesaro w/Paul Heyman

It is really hard to do that, because they will have to fill all this 3-month gap with the same feud, while Bryan will have no contender for the titles. I believe that the 6 man tag match at Extreme Rules should end in a draw. Neither faction could win, which would lead to another match eventually. Would we want to see the same match twice though? I don't think so. That's why we could have 3 singles matches instead. Reigns vs Orton, Ambrose vs Batista, Rollins vs HHH. The matches would be kinda to show if a faction can prevail, when the members are on their own. One of those matches goes on a draw, therefore the factions draw again. Next PPV, we have 3 rematches, Reigns-Batista, Rollins-Orton, Ambrose-HHH, with the winner of every match advancing to face Bryan at the next PPV for the WWEWHC, making it a fatal four way. During those matches, we will have Orton going over Reigns in some cheap way, Rollins going over HHH from some roll-up and Lesnar coming in and attacking Batista, thus making Ambrose lose and Batista letting his opportunity at the title go to face Lesnar. That leaves the two "losers", Reigns and HHH go at it at Summerslam, while we also have Lesnar vs Batista and Bryan vs Orton vs Rollins for the WWEWHC.

I wonder what part do Bray Wyatt, Cena, Cesaro and the other guys play here, but it seems pretty good to me.

Who says this feud has to continue? The WWE has been notorious for picking storylines back up a few months later. If I were them I'd just end it at Extreme Rules and let The Shield do their thing after that.

Unless the feud slowly narrows down to just Triple H and Roman Reigns, it's going to be difficult for the WWE to keep this feud going for essentially over four months and five PPV's. (Extreme Rules, Payback, Money in the Bank, Battleground, Summerslam).

Here's what I do. The Shield goes over at ER. In the match, HHH gets "hurt" after the match. Maybe like a triple powerbomb onto the steps or a chair or something. The next night, The Shield gloat about how they took out Evolution when Steph comes out and puts Dean Ambrose in a match against Cesaro/Swagger for the US title and Ambrose get screwed. Cesaro/Swagger wins and then Ambrose and Cesaro/Swagger can feud for a while for the US title. Either way, I see The Authority screwing Ambrose out of the US title. Meanwhile, Orton and Batista can have a match with Rollins and Reigns at Payback and have all members compete in MITB. At Battleground, HHH comes back and you have one final Evolution vs Shield match and the Shield win again. Orton and Batista, fed up with months away from the WWEWHC title, take out their aggression on each other and The Shield win. Next night, HHH comes out angry and challenges Reigns to a singles match at Summerslam, Batista and Orton square off for a #1 contender match. As far as what Rollins and Ambrose do, I have a couple ideas. Maybe a match vs Harper and Rowen or something. Anyway, that's just a very loosely made way to book this

Extreme Rules

The Shield .vs. Evolution - Evolution wins with interference.

Daniel Bryan .vs. Kane - Wwe World Title - Daniel Wins with help from shield.

PayBack

The Shield .vs. Orton,Kane, Batista - The Shield Wins.

Daniel Bryan .vs. Triple H - Wwe World Title - Daniel Wins

Money in the Bank

Have 3 Matches - The winners get entered into the Main Event Title Match

Roman Reigns .vs. Batista - Batista Wins by Interference.

Seth Rollins .vs. Randy Orton - Orton Wins by Cheating.

Dean Ambrose .vs. Triple H - Triple H Wins.

Triple H .vs. Batista .vs. Orton .vs. Daniel - Wwe World Title - Triple H wins.

(This is when I would bring Vince back and try to even the playing field.)

Battleground

Evolution, Kane .vs. The Shield, Bryan - 8 Man Tag for the World Title

Bryan pins Hunter and Wins the World Title Back

SummerSlam

Roman Reigns /vs/ Triple H - Roman Wins!

The fact that EVOLUTION is back and are up against THE SHIELD makes me care less about putting THE SHIELD over. THE SHIELD were put over last year 2013 when it was their big break and had the privilege of pinning the UNDERTAKER. Everyone knows they were UNTOUCHABLE and the rest is history. With EVOLUTION back the only thing I see happening here based on the feud is putting an end to THE SHIELD as a group. This goes hand-in-hand with reports of Roman Reigns being in single's competition against HHH in WWE's 2nd biggest PPV of 2014 Summer Slam. Whatever happens from this point forward till Summer Slam, there is a big chance of finally witnessing the chain of events that will ultimately lead up to the breakup of THE SHIELD. What better way RATINGS WISE to put an end to THE SHIELD's reign as a dominating force of the WWE than having EVOLUTION reunite and decimate them till their finished. I thought their time was up when the Wyatt Family crushed them, but looks like we now know how this is potentially going to end, at least for me it is. The direction this is headed right now is totally awesome. This is what I call Entertainment.

Extreme Rules:
Evolution def. The Shield
Bryan def. Kane

Payback:
Bryan def. Kane
The Shield (Rollins & Reigns) def. Evolution (Orton & Batista)
Dean Ambrose def. Authority's choice

MITB
The Shield is screwed out of MITB, tease breakup
Bryan def. Orton or Batista

Battleground
The Shield def. Evolution & Kane
Bryan def. HHH thanks to The Shield

Summerslam
Bryan def. Batista
Roman Reigns def. HHH
Kane def. Dean Ambrose for US title
Randy Orton def. Seth Rollins

This way they can build Reigns as the breakout star, get the title off Ambrose so Kane can restore some prominence (having just dropped out of the ME angle) and potentially tease a Shield breakup en route to Reigns' ultimate WWE Title victory at WM31.

some fans will hate my answer but if that's the end game, Evolution has to win at ER..

they could do what they did with Punk and Reigns. HHH beats Rollins at a PPV, beats Ambrose then loses to Reigns at Summerslam

It would be very easy to book Evo/Shield.

Extreme Rules:
Evolution v Shield (NO DQ) Evolution wins after new member comes out (Who I dont know)

MITB: Shield is entered in the MITB Ladder match. Reigns wins MITB, gets attacked by Evolution. (Get put on shelf due to injury)

Battleground: Shield vs Evolution (Hell in the Cell or Ambulance Match) Have this match be brutal. Have Reigns return mid match and win.

SummerSlam: HHH issues challenge to Reigns for the MITB contract. Have a great match with Reigns going over on HHH. Setting up a possible Reigns vs Bryan the next night on Raw when Reigns cashes in.

I've said this on a few different threads, but here's how I book Triple H and Roman Reigns for the next several months...

Heading into Extreme Rules, it looks as if The Shield will challenge Evolution while Kane will challenge Daniel Bryan. Both these bouts fit into the overarching story line of Daniel Bryan and The Shield vs The Authority/Evolution. My best guess is that Daniel Bryan defeats Kane and Roman Reigns pins Randy Orton.

This will lead into the Payback pay-per view where The Authority/Evolution will continue with their quest to get the belt off Daniel Bryan. Batista will get the next crack at the title due to Orton being pinned at Extreme Rules. This will also set up a match between Orton and Reigns at the event. Triple H will interfere with Bryan's match, but The Shield will intervene, causing a melee between the rival stables - Bryan will get the pin among the ruckus.

Incensed that The Shield continues to interfere in his business, Triple H will try to drive a wedge between the group. He'll book the trio in a triple-threat match with the winner being awarded a spot in the MITB ladder match. Roman Reigns will win. Triple H will start talking about Reigns as the strongest member of the group due to his victory. He'll also book Orton and Kane in the ladder match to ensure that Reigns doesn't win. The tactic won't work as Reigns will grab the briefcase and the contract. Additionally, Daniel Bryan will defeat Dave Batista at the event.

Holding the MITB briefcase will make Reigns a bit more cocky around his Shield counterparts. This will cause some animosity among the group, but they'll continue trucking along despite the tension. His holding the briefcase will also make for some uncomfortable moments between Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns as they continue to work together to bring down the Authority/Evolution.

Battleground will feature a re-match between Bryan, Orton and Batista for the WWE Title. Once again, The Shield will intervene in the match - bringing the ire of Triple H. It's this moment that will lead to Triple H and Roman Reigns facing off at SummerSlam.

Discontent that his two star pupils - Orton and Batista - have been unsuccessful in their attempts to get the belt off Daniel Bryan, Triple H will turn to a returning Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Bryan will be beaten half to death, but he will constantly kick out of pinfalls and refuse to submit. His underdog story will be sold like crazy throughout the match until he hits Lesnar with a lucky running knee. At this point, Triple H will come down and try to turn the odds back in Bryan's favor - helping the badly beaten Bryan pull off the upset win.

...and then, as Reigns is holding up a barely-conscious Daniel Bryan, he'll take Bryan down and pin him to become the new WWE Champion.

This will lead to a Reigns/Lesnar WWE Title match at The Royal Rumble, which Lesnar will win.

I would book it like this:

Extreme Rules- Evolution vs The Shield. Evolution just go over with some interference.
Payback- The Shield get their revenge and go over evolution.
MITB- The Shield are in the ladder match. Reigns gets screwed out of it by the authority.
Battleground- The Shield vs Kane and two other guys working for the authority.
Summerslam- The big match. Reigns goes over.

I like your idea. I'd think the same except I'd have Reigns vs. HHH headline Battleground but the matches ends due to DQ and they have a rematch at Summerslam where Reigns go over.

Shield vs Evolution could last for 2 months and then you could have a one month build up of HHH vs Reigns with HHH putting him in handicap matches and sending heels to interfere in his matches and just completely brutalize him and the other members of the shield

I thought HHH retired? Do we really need him in every top storyline? I mean have they considered that maybe it might the fact that some wrestling fans are burned out on the guys in the main event possibly killing their ratings? I guess it never crossed their minds that the product may be stale because they kept re-hashing the same crap. I mean I cant get excited about the Triple H show. Its like watching a suspense movie and knowing the ending. There is no suspense.

maybe this is just wishful thinking but i can acually see roman reigns turning on the shield and joining evolution after they've had their match at extreme rules of course but i really can see it triple h randy orton batista and roman reigns standing together as evolution the whole idea of evolution was to see orton and batista evolve as the young guys with the older talent of triple h and ric flair maybe they can do the same with roman reigns

I don't know how I'd book the individual matches or PPV's, but I'd run a storyline where after Reigns is instrumental in The Shield beating Evolution at Extreme Rules, Triple H recognizes how good he is and tries to recruit him into Evolution or into The Authority.

It could add more tension to the internal problems of The Shield, with Reigns being the new Orton or the new Batista from 10 years ago. Triple H could promise him the world, just look at how it worked out for Orton/Batista. Reigns could be a legend, etc etc.

Then... after weeks/months of speculation as to whether Reigns will join Triple H, and tons of second guessing from Ambrose and Rollins, either at Money In The Bank, or Battleground or even at RAW around that time the double-cross happens... Ambrose and Rollins join Triple H instead and they all turn on Reigns.

This sets up Reigns vs Triple H at SummerSlam... and actually sets up Reigns vs Rollins/Ambrose between SummerSlam and Survivor Series. It would put Reigns over huge as a top babyface AND setup months worth of storyline/PPV feuds.

It's also a classic storyline that WWF/E has run many times, and has proven to be successful. Luger/Tatanka/Million Dollar Corporation... Rock/Foley/The Corporation... Michaels/Triple H/n.W.o. (this one never actually saw a conclusion unfortunately). They've run this storyline in the past, and fans usually don't see the doublecross coming. And the pay-off could be huge.

I don't know how I'd book the individual matches or PPV's, but I'd run a storyline where after Reigns is instrumental in The Shield beating Evolution at Extreme Rules, Triple H recognizes how good he is and tries to recruit him into Evolution or into The Authority.

It could add more tension to the internal problems of The Shield, with Reigns being the new Orton or the new Batista from 10 years ago. Triple H could promise him the world, just look at how it worked out for Orton/Batista. Reigns could be a legend, etc etc.

Then... after weeks/months of speculation as to whether Reigns will join Triple H, and tons of second guessing from Ambrose and Rollins, either at Money In The Bank, or Battleground or even at RAW around that time the double-cross happens... Ambrose and Rollins join Triple H instead and they all turn on Reigns.

This sets up Reigns vs Triple H at SummerSlam

It's also a classic storyline that WWF/E has run many times, and has proven to be successful. Luger/Tatanka/Million Dollar Corporation... Rock/Foley/The Corporation... Michaels/Triple H/n.W.o. (this one never actually saw a conclusion unfortunately). They've run this storyline in the past, and fans usually don't see the doublecross coming. And the pay-off could be huge.

^^ This is the kind of idea I was looking for.
Great Storyline, and most certainly the kind that can get Roman Reigns over with the crowd by the time SummerSlam comes around.

Also, have him and Daniel Bryan band together at some points as indirect allies against Evolution and Ambrose,Rollins and Kane who are all out for the two Babyfaces' blood....

However, I would have Roman Reigns vs Ambrose and Rollins around Battleground.

Then, the SummerSlam match between HHH and Roman Reigns would be the finishing point for the Authority stuff as Roman Reigns moves on to bigger and better things, whilst his 2 team mates are prepared for their own Singles pushes by bossing the MidCard post-SummerSlam...

^^ This is the kind of idea I was looking for.
Great Storyline, and most certainly the kind that can get Roman Reigns over with the crowd by the time SummerSlam comes around.

Also, have him and Daniel Bryan band together at some points as indirect allies against Evolution and Ambrose,Rollins and Kane who are all out for the two Babyfaces' blood....

However, I would have Roman Reigns vs Ambrose and Rollins around Battleground.

Then, the SummerSlam match between HHH and Roman Reigns would be the finishing point for the Authority stuff as Roman Reigns moves on to bigger and better things, whilst his 2 team mates are prepared for their own Singles pushes by bossing the MidCard post-SummerSlam...

Yah you could do Reigns vs Rollins/Ambrose beforehand as well. I just didn't want the breakup of The Shield and their subsequent feud to be overshadowed by Triple H. But I think you can make it work. You made me nerd out and fantasy book the entire thing:

Extreme Rules:
Evolution: Triple H, Orton, Batista vs The Shield: Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose – No Holds Barred

This ends either with Reigns dominating most of the match, and getting the pinfall over Batista or something. Or maybe it’s a screwy ending with a weapon involved and Evolution gets the win somehow, but the point needs to be made that Reigns is a monster that dominated most of the match, regardless of the winner.

On the few weeks that follow, Triple H tries to recruit Reigns into Evolution/The Authority as he recognizes how good and how dangerous he is. He wants him on his side, not against him.

Daniel Bryan ‘C’ vs Kane – WWE Heavyweight Championship – Ring of Fire Match

Bryan over Kane, pretty convincingly

Payback:
Daniel Bryan ‘C’ vs Randy Orton – WWE Heavyweight Championship

Orton finally gets his rematch clause, Bryan over Orton clean.

Batista vs Reigns w/ Rollins & Ambrose – Whose side is Triple H on

The buildup to this match is based around Reigns either pinning Batista at Extreme Rules or showing that he’s bigger and stronger and Batista wanting redemption. Also after weeks of Triple H trying to recruit Reigns as “the new Animal”, there’s some uncertainty going into this match as to whose side Triple H will be on. Batista wonders if Triple H has his back. Reigns and The Shield still don’t trust Triple H. Hell we could even make Triple H the guest referee here. Somehow during the match, Reigns goes over after some accidental interference by Triple H against Batista. Or was it accidental?

On RAW Batista confronts Triple H about the interference. Triple H says it was accidental and makes up for it by giving Batista a shot at the title at the next PPV.

Money In The Bank:
Cesaro vs Del Rio vs Orton vs Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose – Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Week’s of speculation as Triple H tries to recruit Reigns. In ring segments where Reigns seriously considers joining, conflicted, as the crowd tries to chant him out of it. All three members of The Shield enter the MITB match, but there are lots of backstage segments with The Shield questioning whether or not they’re on the same page or if Reigns is jumping to The Authority.
During the match is when the double cross happens. Triple H comes out, seemingly on behalf of Reigns. Reigns looks to have the match won but Ambrose/Rollins turn on him and join up with Triple H. They beat down on Reigns and someone else… one of Ambrose/Rollins/Cesaro take the MITB briefcase.

Daniel Bryan ‘C’ vs Batista – WWE Heavyweight Championship

Batista needs some heat back, so I’m going to have Batista going over in some type of screwy finish, either a DQ or a non-finish so Bryan keeps the title, leading to the rematch at the next PPV.

Battleground:
Daniel Bryan ‘C’ vs Batista – WWE Heavyweight Championship - Last Man Standing match

Bryan is the underdog but pulls out the victory after a hard fought battle

Reigns vs Rollins & Ambrose w/ Triple H - Handicap match

Finally the breakup of The Shield… Rollins and Ambrose have turned on Reigns and Triple H has forced Reigns to go up against his former partners in a handicap match. Despite the handicap, Reigns is holding his own until Triple H comes in and pedigrees him, allowing Rollins and Ambrose to get the win. This needs to be booked to make Reigns look strong without making the other two guys look weak.

SummerSlam:
Daniel Bryan ‘C’ vs Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman – WWE Heavyweight Championship

There needs to be some promo about how Triple H hasn’t forgotten about Bryan, he just figured Batista could easily handle him. But Batista has disappointed Triple H, so he goes out to get the unstoppable Lesnar to take on Bryan. The outcome here depends on how you want the rest of the year to go.

Triple H vs Roman Reigns

Finally the confrontation between these two… There will probably be lots of interference from Rollins and Ambrose, and maybe even Batista comes out on behalf of Reigns to even the odds, not happy with Triple H’s remarks about him vs Bryan (face turn, maybe?), and Reigns goes over.

Post-SummerSlam:
You can go in many directions… Reigns vs The Shield, Batista vs Triple H, who can stop Lesnar, not to mention Bryan/Wyatt/Cena/Cesaro still in the mix of things.

None of the above even touches on Bray Wyatt, John Cena or Cesaro who we know will all be featured prominently in feuds and on TV/PPV as well.

You have 6 guys and could potentially add more (as in, more Evolution members, other authority figures, etc).

I think an idea would be to have Evolution recruit Reigns and tease Reigns joining them only to have him deny them ala DDP/nWo. That arc alone could last 2 months through May and June. In July you have Evolution add another member who Reigns beats. Then you do Reigns/HHH at Summerslam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back