• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you get your fed name?

Bumping this:

advice-dr-seuss-gave-us.jpg

I like the word rampart and what it means. But I added an "e" at the end to make it sexy. Come to find out Ramparte is a type of guitar amplifier, which is also cool.

Bumping this:

advice-dr-seuss-gave-us.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The funny thing is, the God Complex aspect of the name was really a happy coincidence. I was thinking of words that rhymed with Seuss, and the only one I could come up with Zeus.

Ergo, Dr. Zeus

Basically what would an egotistical bodybuilder name himself.

I forgot how we got the name Cerberus. I remember original choices were things such as C.I.A., WMD, and maybe a few other things.

Just considered the ramifications on if the character wound up being named Dr. Noose.

That could have been horrific

Theron Daggershield
He is named after a D&D character of the same name, an Eleven Weaponmaster who led his own Merry Band of Misfits. To take it back even further than that.... The D&D version of Theron that "WZCW Theron" is named after, his name was a tribute to Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit. Theron's real life name, Shawn Daggers, came from my NWZO name from back in the days of stables here on the forum. Ironic trivial note.... Shawn Daggers' image rep was Shawn Michaels, who is also the image rep for the D&D version of Theron who "WZCW Theron" is named after. Guess I should've used HBK instead of Cloud all this time to complete that circle, huh? The Cloud image rep fits him though, given his many video game references.

Tiffany Wyatt (Kirilah the Paladin of Mystra)
Including her since I RP'ed as her in an All Stars Round. Her D&D name comes from a Paladin of Mystra named Kyla that I inherited from another handler in an old D&D group, but half the group called her Kira by mistake instead of Kyla for some reason. So I combined the two names into one, this eventually evolved into Kirilah which is easier to prounounce (Kee-ruh-luh). Her human form's name doesn't have as interesting of an origin. For her first name she is named after WWE's Tiffany. As for her last name, Bray Wyatt just happened to be onscreen while I was watching Smackdown and coming up with my All Stars Application that year, and I needed a last name, so.... Wyatt it was.

Doctor ART Anderson
So, Dr Anderson's name comes from a joke my roommate and I came up with freshman year at my college regarding a very boring art professor at our college. We didn't want the real professor to find out about it though so we came up with a name to give the character and the first "Art" pun that I could think of was a parody of Arn Anderson, thus Art Anderson was his name. We created him as a heel on several of the WWE games with the gimmick of everyone has to come to his class or else he will sabotage your day somehow. He had a stable of evil teachers named the ART Foundation, now known as The Board of Regrets.

EDIT: Throwing in some NPC's for fun.

Kaleesta "The Healer"
For those who remember my storyline involving my top heel NPC, Elora the Shadow Sage who ruled the Cult of Shar, the face version of her was Kaleena the Lady of Thunderbelle. She was going to turn face and replace Davivel in the Merry Band of Misfits, but I abruptly stopped writing that story due to it costing me matches. I still wanted to bring a new healer into the group and write out Davivel (he was boring and the toughest NPC for me to use). I revised the name of Kaleena into Kaleesta then added "The Healer" due to the Dr Who tributes the character would bring, since Healers are D&D's "doctors". In terms of canon, Kaleena/Elora and Kaleesta are NOT the same character. The former just helped me name the latter.

Sheshmish
Named after Yeshmish, an Orc Swashbuckler who a former roommate of mine was the handler of. Unlike Sheshmish, Yeshmish did not speak like a stereotypical pirate and was much more vulgar.

I originally was gonna go with "Dastardly" Dick Daniels. He was gonna be an old wild west type from Tombstone Az.

But then i wasn't sure if i could make that work long term, and was watching the movie The Road, and it gave me the idea of having him have to provide for his boy.

Shifted him to Boston and gave him a more fitting name. Logan came from Logan International, and McAllister gave it the Irish touch.

Kagura = Shinto theatrical dance. Literally means "Gods Entertainment."

Ohzora = Alternative spelling of Oozora. Meaning "Big sky" or "Cosmos."

So the name "Kagura Ohzora" could be interpreted as "Cosmic God's Entertainment."

I always assumed Logan McAllister was after Wolverine and Home Alone.

Lol I had to go look home alone up...had no clue what the last name was till like 5mins ago lol

Gambit>Wolverine btw

Lol I had to go look home alone up...had no clue what the last name was till like 5mins ago lol

Gambit>Wolverine btw

WHAT? You even have the face of Kevin McAllister as the placeholder for your son.

I forgot how we got the name Cerberus. I remember original choices were things such as C.I.A., WMD, and maybe a few other things.

To think we could have made history while being named C.I.A.

I knew all of these were your brainchild, but I loved Cerberus by far. Hope you remember what gave you the idea.

Trevor Steele - Trevor was always a name I liked, and Steele fit in because the guy was a metalhead. The rep was Balls Mahoney, and I wanted to play off that, but couldn't come up with anything clever enough at the time.

Jack Skinner - Jack is the same as Trevor...Just a name I was fond of. Skinner was just a name that kept popping in my head, and I was sitting on the app for a week or two and decided the hell with it.

John Doe - This is pretty self explanatory. I do have a name with a deeper meaning picked out, but that's all to be found out it in due time.

Grizzly Bob - I like bears

Frank Mortlock - Frank is always used as a copper's name and Stirling Mortlock is the most badass man in the history of rugby union.

M is a marvellous letter. Mr is a magnificent title. Mr M. Magical isn't it?

Most of my NPCs were named by finding a letter and chucking in some alliteration (general green, señor s, dr d), and Teru was named after the #1 waifu on the planet.

Random generated the last name Keaton, pretty sure I already had Mark picked out for a first name.

Putting Remarkable in front of it all was the icing on the cake. Best name anyone has ever thought of, ever.

Batti - Batty, like crazy

Otaku - derogatory Japanese term for someone who is obsessed with pop culture and computers to the detriment of their social skills.

Random generated the last name Keaton, pretty sure I already had Mark picked out for a first name.

Putting Remarkable in front of it all was the icing on the cake. Best name anyone has ever thought of, ever.

So you didn't just take Michael Keaton and change the Michael to the nearest M name?

Why not, since I have a new character now.

LYNX
He was named after Lynx from the game Chrono Cross. The Chrono series deals with time travel so paying tribute to it was fitting. The similarities to the Lynx from Chrono Cross end there.

NPC's

DOREEN
Named after Masa and Mune's sister Doreen, from Chrono Trigger. Her last name Enhasa comes from the city that Chrono Trigger's Doreen resides in.

Clark was picked by Jam, Callie was just the first name that began with C I thought sounded good and I wanted a double letter name because reasons.

Oh yeah I have some new characters:

James Montana

James = my middle name. Montana because I was thinking of Joe Montana.

Rosie

Was called Jessie but changed her to Rosie after Rosie Palms. She doesn't have a surname because Titus doesn't care to know her surname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back