how about the Cruiserwgt. title?

mr. krinkle

Getting Noticed By Management
it has been discussed here numerous times about adding another title to ECW. well what about bringing the Cruiserweight title over from SD? The cruisers arent getting their due over on Smackdown, so how about letting Heyman and ECW give it a go. Have Helms show up with the title, cut a promo about not getting the respect they deserve; it would fit with the fast paced style of the old ECW, and could be sort of "competition" for TNA's X divison...these guys need to be taken seriously...this could be WWE's last chance to showcase some of the top cruisers in the world before they slip away and move on.

Vince likes guys like Big Show,Batista,and Great Khali, the cruiserweight division dosent mean much to him. WWE/CW could never come close to the X division. The only title to be bought back at this time is the tv title and put around CM Punk's waist.

Here is the problem: How many cruiserweights are there in ECW? There's Shannon Moore, The FBI ... and that's it! I was really hoping that we would see Psicosis since he was getting buried on SmackDown!, but obviously that's not going to happen.

Anyway, cruiserweights are a low priority for Vinnie Mac - that's why Gregory Helms has been Champ for so long despite plenty of talented ones on the roster. He likes the big guys and the low risk style of wrestling because of less risk of injury. They do everything in their power to make stars out of ordinary wreestlers like Batista, Bobby Lashley, Umaga, etc. and the crowd reacts so it's working for them. That is why we will always see the guys that are 6'6" and up pushed to death whether they are talented or not, while the far more interesting cruiserweights and technical wrestlers will be held back.

ECW is pretty lackluster in the Cruiserweight division...they have three actual cruiserweights (FBI & Moore) as well as several guys who can pretend they're cruiserweights (Punk, Striker, RVD, Stevie Richards - all better off being used elsewhere). I like ECW the way it is. If anything, they should ship the quality cruiserweights as well as the title from SD (as well as Super Crazy from RAW) onto ECW and work from there. Redistribute some of the ECW talent (the ones who don't belong) into RAW and SD and we're good...

Brilliance In Supremacy said:
ECW is pretty lackluster in the Cruiserweight division...they have three actual cruiserweights (FBI & Moore) as well as several guys who can pretend they're cruiserweights (Punk, Striker, RVD, Stevie Richards - all better off being used elsewhere). I like ECW the way it is. If anything, they should ship the quality cruiserweights as well as the title from SD (as well as Super Crazy from RAW) onto ECW and work from there. Redistribute some of the ECW talent (the ones who don't belong) into RAW and SD and we're good...

But then there would be No ECW if you took the WWE wrestler out because all of them are WWE wrestler

Ashylarry said:
Vince likes guys like Big Show,Batista,and Great Khali, the cruiserweight division dosent mean much to him. WWE/CW could never come close to the X division. The only title to be bought back at this time is the tv title and put around CM Punk's waist.

sounds like a great plan to me.

i realize that there are only a couple cruisers in ECW right now, but why not move them ALL to ECW...Super Crazy, London, Spanky, Noble, etc. plus Guido, Moore, whatever...like when ECW first started running shows on SciFi, they would bring in challengers from Raw and SD to face Show (which wasnt a good idea), but for the cruisers i think it would work...but this was just a thought, i know better

jawn87 said:
sounds like a great plan to me.

sounds like spam to me, watch it, no spamming allowed here.

as far as the crusierweight title in ECW, the crusierweight diviion will never be what it was in WCW or even the luchadors from Mexico and crusierweights from Japan that wrestles in ECW. If there is one thing that I enjoyed in WCW, it was probably the only thing, it was the cruiserweights. Mcmahon is very particular about the pacing in a match, certain moves that cruiserweights do especially high risk moves. He tones down all of that, and whether it's on RAW, Smackdown, or ECW you're not going to see a highly successful cruiserweight division under the WWE umbrella. Back when the WWF had the lightheavyweight division, it consisted of guys like Taka, Brian Christopher and others. Jerry Lynn was in it but he wasn't allowed to do certain moves, and all the crusierweights and lightheavyweights are for the most part grounded. Until Mcmahon says its ok for the cruiserweights to strut their stuff it aint gonna happen. Mcmahon is more concerned for their saftey and well being then putting on a good show. Which is contradictory with some of the things that happen in certain stipulated matches. It is what it is. It would be kool but it won't help the division until Vinny Mac says do what you want to do.

It wouldn't do well on any brand at the moment. Gone are the days when guys like Rey Mysterio, RVD and others would hold the cruiserweight title and treat it as something big. The cruiserweights they have now aren't terrible, they just aren't being used to the standard they probably should be. People like Scotty and Funaki used to be regular contenders and champions but now with their ages and all, they probably won't hold the title again. Helms could be useful - if he had some decent competition. The only cruiserweight they have in possible contention for the title is Jamie Noble and no one would want to see Helms vs Noble (heel vs heel) and also Matt Hardy isn't a cruiserweight. And Paul London and Brian Kendrick could also be CW champ - if their tag team division wasn't also f*cked up at the moment. I was surprised to see that Jimmy Wayne Yang was the only Cruiserweight involved in the NTI on SmackDown. If the division wants to be considered a proper, respected one anymore, the first step is - get more cruiserweights, or get off the WWE.

cruiserweight division is just a disgrace....mysterio needs 2 come to the cruiserweight division again but he has been 2 busy with competing for thw world title and his recent rivalry with chavo..which obviously proves that hes 2 good 2 compete 4 that title. they got rid of super crazy and psichosis isnt being used anymore. kid kash and jamie noble r in the tag division, so is london and kendrick. matt hardy is a little over the weight limit so he cant be a cruiserweight. smackdown doesnt have options for that title bsides helms. i dunt think theyre gunna put the belt on funaki or scotty 2 hotty. this title would be better on raw,

The days are numbered for the CW title its pretty obvious. I think Vince is planning on retiring the CW title b/c why else would he move Super Crazy to RAW and use other cruisers such funaki,scotty 2 hotty, and noble for squash matches against bigger superstars on SD. London and Kendrick are tag team champions so they are out of the picture even though they are great cruisers and psicosis got fired. One of these days on SD Teddy or a new GM is going to declare the CW title retired and replace it with a SD womens title since there are just as many divas on SD as there are on RAW. This will piss Helms off b/c he was longest reigning CW champion even though he never defended the title much anyways.

If the CW title stays then the only person to beat Helms is Jimmy Wang Yang.

King_Of_Kingz18 said:
The days are numbered for the CW title its pretty obvious. I think Vince is planning on retiring the CW title b/c why else would he move Super Crazy to RAW and use other cruisers such funaki,scotty 2 hotty, and noble for squash matches against bigger superstars on SD. London and Kendrick are tag team champions so they are out of the picture even though they are great cruisers and psicosis got fired. One of these days on SD Teddy or a new GM is going to declare the CW title retired and replace it with a SD womens title since there are just as many divas on SD as there are on RAW. This will piss Helms off b/c he was longest reigning CW champion even though he never defended the title much anyways.

If the CW title stays then the only person to beat Helms is Jimmy Wang Yang.
I think they should do awy with the CW title(kinda funny that the CW title is on the CW network don't you think), but they shouldn't have Teddy just come out and say "The crusierweight title is retired", what they should do is have Helms vs. Benoit in a title unifaction match, then have Helms win and become the U.S. champion and then the CW title would just disappear.

The cruiserweight division has been nothing but a running joke in WWF/E since 1997 when they only had three guys fighting for the goddamn belt (Aguila, Taka, and Sasuke). The McMahon's never want any of the lower talent (specifically the cw's) to eclipse the main-eventers (who on the average are less capable athletes) so they've never been a priority. This is also why none of the cruiserweights are never allowed to participate in WWE's biggest gimmick matches. They'd outshine guys like the Undertaker and HHH in a heartbeat because they can physically do more. You'll never see them inside the Cell or the Elimination Chamber.

WCW did this one thing more right than any other company (TNA being the exception) by making the title picture competitive for the juniors by having enough athletes to support it (and signing imports if necessary), and by letting them work their own style instead of placing limitations on them. Even Mysterio is a shell of his former self. This is why the ECW crowd turned on him at One Night Stand. They didn't want to see the bullshit, homoegenized work that he'd been doing in WWE. The want to see the creativity, speed, and agility that he displayed against Juventud and Malenko years back. Not the stupid ass 619.

Helms is a capable wrestler, I'm not denying that, but they kept him running around as the Green Lantern's retarted little brother for three years and never did anything with him (except waste Rosey along with him). Now all of sudden they want to use him and Mr. Boring himself, Matt Hardy to rebuild it? Helms is good, but his matches haven't been but a fraction of the excitement that he generated when working the "Sugar Shane" angle in WCW's last days. The WWE writing staff needs to all take turns having their heads slammed into the doorjamb of a big Cadillac. This division is another fine example of the blind leading the retarted when it comes to the booking decisions of WWE. Mountains of talent, and zero direction for it.

An idea for the title could be that they just change it into the European title or something. If they only had 2 singles titles there wouldn't be anything for the low/mid card wrestlers to go for. There is not enough Cruiserweights and a European title would be good for Finlay/Regal but it would kinda clash with the U.S title so who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back