Who else thinks that the Cruiserweight Title should be moved to ECW?

This seems like a great idea to me actually. Had not even though about it until I saw this thread, but ECW could definitely benefit from something like this ... and cruiserweight matches under ECW rules will be very entertaining.

It is intriguing to have the Cruiserweight title be featured on SmackDown, but WWE can never fully recapture the magic and prestige the belt had back in its WCW days, even when they had former WCW competitors Kidman and Rey and Noble holding the belt. What they should do is have a secondary title or titles on the show, like a TV title or tag titles. You only have one title at the moment, which looks like it may not drop off of CM Punk's shoulder soon. You have a few contenders for that title, why are the rest of the guys in ECW wrestling, to get to know each other better? To exchange recipes? Having more titles to compete for adds to the intrigue of matches and gives the wrestlers more to compete for.
Some may believe having more titles around waters down the value of the belts, but that is why the brand extension took place. Then you wouldn't have ECW stars holding the SmackDown belts or vice versa, which makes no sense to me personally.

well i really like the idea of bringing the cruiserweight title to ECW i always thought taht it would be a good idea and fit in well. i mean what they would have to do is bring over all the cruiserweights to ecw like:
super crazy
shannon moore
funaki
jamie noble
jimmy wang yang
possilbly london and kendrick, anyways i think that would be a great idea and try to give them more credibility this time around!

That is actually a great idea because I do not know why they moved London Kendrick to Raw since they never use them on that brand. They really should make ECW extreme again just like in the old days.
I mean what the hell was Vince thinking firing people like SABU and SANDMAN?!!!??? They are like the main people from ECW. Ypu cannot have an ECW without the Legends of ECW. :robvandam:

Moving another belt to ECW would only serve to make the already nearly-worthless ECW Title even more worthless. I think it's a damn shame what's happening to that belt. Imagine if ECW was promoted in the same way that One Night Stand 2005 and 2006 was, but on a consistently weekly basis. Smaller venues packed with rabid REAL ECW fans. Or hell, imagine running out of the ECW Arena twice a month and then traveling to house shows to places like Asbury Park, Dayton, and NYC. Putting the cruiserweight title in ECW would only serve the CW Title, the ECW Title, and the ECW brand if they would promote ECW as E-C-W. Otherwise, you'll see both of the belts decrease in value even more... my God... can the CW Title become any more meaningless?

I think the idea of moving the cruiserweights to ECW is a good idea. This would allow them to showcase their high flying abilities and give ECW a little more credibility by have risk takers. As for the cruiserweight title I would say no. Break the ECW Televison title out of mothballs or create a title simular to the X Division title in TNA. They should aslo allow Kendrick and London the oppertunity to broden themselves since, as others have said, they have been left on the shelf and Raw went with a HACK team as the new Tag Champions.

Oh and the reason sandman & Sabu got fired is because they are has beens that never was. Sandman passes his prime and the whole idea of a drunken, chain smoking, kendo stick swinging bum became BORING! As for Sabu, he was entertaining, daring and from reports from this site and others unreliable.
ENJOY!

:smashfreakB:

Having the Cruiserweight Championship on ECW could work, if they had more time in their program. However, moving the cruiserweight division to ECW would take away from SmackDown's talent and TV time, which wouldn't be good for SD's creative possibilities and the ratings. Also, the Cruiserweight Champion has literally NO prestige, which wouldn't help ECW at all. So, overall, the Cruiserweight Championship definately couldn't get over or give ECW more ratings, so bringing it to ECW would be of no use.

I was actually discussing the same thing with some friends when they restarted the ECW brand.

Since we all know that this new ECW isn't going to have all of the ultra violent matches of the old one, they should definately use the cruiser weight title to add the high pased and high impact type matches it needs. These past few weeks I enjoyed the matches with Jimmy Wang Yand and Shannon Moore. I don't know why they didn't try it out sooner.

It would also make since because the title wouldn'd take attention away from the ECW title. There would be so much material to work with as far as story and booking. They could possibly make the cruiser weight title float back and forth, you know not make it an exclusive like the women's title on RAW, and leave possibilities for future Survivour Series rivalries.

Bottom line:Too much of a good thing to pass up. ECW needs it, Smackdown needs to do something with it, Cruiser weights need to finaly shine.

I agree, I feel that the title needs to be placed on ECW as it can be used as a midcard title (which the title should!), send the monsters down to smackdown and give the cruisers a chance to shine on ecw (oh that would be heaven)

i believe the same dude, ecw is a brand that needs a midcard title, we need to make ecw title more main event and you cannot do that with the whole smackdown ecw thing it doesnt work, the title itself needs to gain more prestige bring all of the cruisers to ecw and bring the title with them, or just get rid of the title in favour of the ecw television title coz im getting sick of people reffering to ecw as a midcard brand coz it aint

cruisers to ecw thats how i roll

The Cruiserweight title is what makes Smackdown which is supposed to be the opposite of RAW, RAW is for drama and entertainment and TOP guys.

Smackdown is supposed to be the ABILITY SIDE of WWE.

Cruisers dont suit any other brand than Smackdown.
They have to be made more previlant not a low card filler. They have to concentrate on Cruisers as pure wrestling, not just theatrics and drama.

HAVE to let the cruisers have decent mic time and promo time.

I would rather have them bring back the TV title to ecw, there would be way more wrestlers able to compete for it, including all the crusier weights. I think its a better way to use all the talent, instead of limiting it to noble, chavo and helms.

This wouls be good only if Ecw was made 2hrs and they added the tv belt could you see all the extra wrestler brought over ECW could end up being the best show out of the three cause they young starts wouls go all out

That's a great idea actually, especially since the merger, it'd be easy for it to be a dual brand title, that way the 1 hour on ECW isn't a problem either.

I love the cruisers, but WWE fans and the mainstream don't seem to, I read a survey where they said that the moves made them lose their suspense of disbelief, which I don't see how that does and Cena's punches don't (yes, I do dislike somethings about Cena), but hey, the mass wins over the minority opinion.

Really, they just need to give the cruisers character and I think the fans will get attached to them.

i think the Cruiserweight title should be defended on all three shows. that way it gets more exposure and lets the CW's show what they can do on Live TV as well as taped for ECW and SD.

Eh, the only way this dream comes true is if they get a more stacked roster of cruisers. They dont even have anyone right now to fill this division. You could move it to wherever the fuck you want, if it isnt pushed properly, and doesnt have the right guys, it still wont matter. I can see the parralells of placing the title on ECW, as the show has a lot more wrestling than promo action, and could be used there. But WHO will make up the divison? WHO will be champ?? Those questions need to be answered before they can do this. Maybe if ECW was taped they could do it, and show just an hour of the total stuff that was taped, with the whole thing visible on the X tream on WWE.com? probably not. Even if it was moved, there would still only be time for one match a week probably, so it still wouldnt help get the belt, or more than like 3 or 4 guys over. The brand isnt the problem. Its the roster and the booking of such that needs to be fixed.

I remember when the cruserweight championship was more televised than the usa title. Hell like 2 years ago it could of been considered bigger then the ic title and the usa title. Why? Because I remeber more wrestlers in the thick of it fighting for that than both of the other undercard title combined. Now wwe has ust sort of slowly pushed it out.

I would love to see wwe push it in ecw because to be blunt all of the ecw wrestlers except for balls, tommy, and bdv are mostly in or around the cruserweight. Ecw needs somthing more than the ecw title and the exchange program. And if i remember right there possibly still is a very large fanbase for cruserweights. People like to see people jump run and fly off stuff.

And whith tna(not sure how) slowely creaping up on ecw's ratings, I think ecw need somthing to push ecw into a bigger brand To get better ratings.

The cruserweight title hasn't been popular since rey mysterio was in the division. Now chavo is onto better things there isnt much competition for the title, Yang,moore,noble and helms isnt enough to make the title entertaining. What they should do instead is have the Telivision title in ECW that RVD made soo popular. Having the TV title would have more competition because the cruserweights can compete for it and so can guys like elijah burke who would make a perfect tv champion.

I think that moving the Cruiserweight title over to ECW would be a great idea. But they would have to change the title somewhat. They would have to remove the weight restrictions and change it into a secondary title for ECW. This would enable ECW to put on more cruiserweight matches and open up the forum more as the titme could be defended on two shows. It would also help WWE to develop future cruiserweights and perhaps find the next Rey Mysterio Jr. in the process.

ECW shouldn't get a secondary title, since they pretty much already do with the conjoining with SD (US Title)..

Also.. they don't really have more than 10 wrestlers who are only on their brand.

CM Punk
Chavo
Dreamer
Kofi
Shelton
Elijah
Mahoney
Guido
Richards
Thorn

Those are the guys who are pretty much exclusive to the brand.. though i should take both Punk and Chavo off, as they show up on RAW/SD at various times.

A secondary title for virtually 8 exclusive wrestlers is really ridiculous. And a waste.

They have one with the US Title, which qualifies as more wrestlers with SD..

Thats what i think on that.

Ryan Clark said:
The WWE Cruiserweight Championship has been officially retired. On the WWE.com title history page, they recently moved the WWE Cruiserweight title from the listing grouping the active WWE titles, to the listing grouping defunct championship titles such as the Hardcore Championship, the European belt and the Light Heavyweight Championship. Back in September, Acting General Manager Vickie Guerrero forced Hornswoggle to surrender the Cruiserweight Championship, citing that his status as Mr. McMahon's son and his diminutive stature would eventually jeopardize his well-being.

As refreshing an idea as it was and one I would have loved to see, it won't happen now. It is official. The Cruiserweight Championship is dead. WWE killed it.

The way I see it is that the Cruiserweight Championship was no longer needed as proved by a career cruiserweight, Chavo Guerrero, winning the ECW belt. Also since average/smaller size guys like Morrison, Punk, and Chavo have held it, they stopped calling it the ECW World Heavyweight Championship (as when Lashley had it). Does anyone else see the WWE very subtly and slowly turning the ECW title into nothing more than a glorified version of the Cruiserweight over time?

feel free to disagree with me but, i feel that the ECW championship has either replaced the Cruiser Weight title (Just look at who's holding it. Chavo is not a world champion). i think before they think about bringing the title back they should get bigger guys.

WWE at the moment arnt using their cruisweights ti their full potential i agree with most of the post that the Cruiserweight Title should be moved to ECW this create a home for that title and the lightweight superstars.

In general i think the Tag team Tiltes should unified togther cause currently their isnt much tag team action on the brands and by unifing them there only be one set of Tag Tiles and WWE could make those titles into a crossbrand title. allowing all brands to compete for them.

Its been a few years since the tag titles have been on the line at wrestlemania and i think its time for that to change. the titles should be on the line in a Tag Team Turmoil match which hasnt happed in years you have a total of four team from the three brands and give it a 15 minute slop at wrestlemania.

:flair::robvandam:

The problem with moving the cruieserwight title soley to ECW is that it is only a one hour show. They already have the tag champs on there every week and the ECW Title, if they added the Cruiserweight Title, there would not be much time for any normal matches without title implications. I would more or less say bring it back to Smackdown and ECW, combined, then move guys like London and Kenrick back to Smackdown, you would have a decent field in guys like London, Kendrick, Yang, Moore, ect.

The way I see it is the title will come back when/if Gregory Helms returns from his injury. At this point he is the Cruiserweight Champion in the fact that he is the only wrestler that still seemed legit when he had the title, all others just seemed weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back