Houston Region, Montreal Subregion:First Round:(15)Jeff Jarrett vs.(18) Texas Tornado

Who Wins This Match

• Jeff Jarrett

• Kerry Von Erich

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Bell Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

38_f01ce8ae46e0430aeda7b73175464a21e37fb6a1.jpg

#15 Jeff Jarrett

JeffJarrett2.jpg

Vs.

#18 Kerry Von Erich

KerryVE.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

This is another one of those "I'm just too dumb to win" kind of matches.

Tornado was hit and miss. He would either end a match quickly, and head to the back. Or, he would lose his shit, and make a big mistake. He just wasn't that smart, and that's surprising coming from his family.

As shitty as Jarrett has most always been, he wins..a lot. He's smart, and calculating, and just has too much going on upstairs for Kerry to overcome. Jarrett sneaks in a pinfall, maybe even holding the trunks.

Jarrett grew up with wrestling, and despite the fact that politics have held him down in WCW and WWE, when he made TNA, he made HIMSELF look good. And when you are looking good in a company you made, you get criticized for it, but Jarrett worked his ass off for the opportunity to be on top.

Von Erich's work was good, but isn't rememberable, if he stopped following his family's troubles, he would've worked his way up to be a true star.

Overall, Jarrett hits the Stroke after a 7 minute match.

My vote: The King of the Mountain

This is a very close match. Both these guys were pretty good midcarders in the WWF which is what I am most familiar with. I know both experienced their primes elsewhere. Kerry Von Erich was a huge name in Texas in the mid 80s. He had a great look and was wildly popular. Even though it was a sympathy reign, he did beat Ric Flair for the NWA world title in a packed Dallas Stadium. Jarrett achieved most of his success in TNA. That's not as impressive to me as I admit I may not give TNA enough credit. What's interesting is backstage politics helped both of these guys get to the top. Jarrett is son of promoter Jerry Jarrett and of course was a founding member of TNA. Von Erich was son of promotor Fritz Von Eric who pushed all his sons to the moon in Texas. Both guys are talented on their own and a common criticism is the help they got on their way to the top. Since both benefited from nepotism I'll throw that out the window. This really is close. I'll wait to read some other opinions before I vote.

Nothing could ever convince me to vote for Jeff Jarrett. I just CANNOT stand him. Even if he would have been matched up against Eric Young or Stevie Richards or someone much much lower then Kerry Von Erich, I wouldn't have voted for Jarrett.

I think most people have at least one guy that they just can't stand, and for me, it is Jarrett. I understand all of his accomplishments, and I respect him for it.

Even taking away his TNA time and just basing everything off of his time in WWE and WCW. I still can't bring myself to vote for him.

His best matches ever were his entrances next to Debra and that is where my compliments end for Jarrett.

I am a fan of Kerry Von Erich as well. He also achieved a lot in his career. His matches versus Flair are nothing short of awesome and I see nothing that Jarrett has ever done, that compares to that.

When Kerry made it to WWE, I expected a lot more from him. He did win the IC Title, over Mr. Perfect no less, and it was during a time that we didn't see Curt Hennig lose at all. I think Mr. Perfect may have only lost once in his WWE career at this point and that was to Brutus Beefcake at Wrestlemania 6.

When the IC Title was declared vacant after Warrior became The WWF Champion while holding that Title as well, Mr. Perfect won the tournament that was held, to decide the next IC Champ. He lost that Title to Kerry at the following PPV, Summerslam 90 in his debut match.

As much as I hate Jarrett, my main reason regarding my vote for Von Erich, is I believe he is much better than Jarrett is or WAS!

No way Jarrett would take Kerry. Unless, of course, Kerry signed w/TNA and Jarrett put himself over as usual.

Since this is a non-TNA event (in my head, and that's what counts) no chance Jarrett's ego beats Kerry Von Erich.

From Wikipedia:

Kerry Gene Adkisson (February 3, 1960 – February 18, 1993)[1][2] was an American professional wrestler under the ring names Kerry Von Erich, The Modern Day Warrior, and The Texas Tornado and was part of the Von Erich family of professional wrestlers.[1][2][5] He is best known for his time with his father's promotion World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW), where he spent eleven years of his career, and his time in World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Adkisson held forty championships in various promotions during his career. Among other accolades, he was a five-time world champion: a four-time WCWA World Heavyweight Champion[6] and one-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion,[7][8] and a one-time WWF Intercontinental Champion.[8][9]

Not to mention, he beat Ric Flair, the man himself, for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship back when Flair was in his prime and when the belt was a huge deal (used this, since I've seen it used countless other times by people defending their picks... If it's good enough for "your guy" it damn sure should be good enough reasoning for Kerry.) Plus, the Von Erich name is still almost synonymous w/wrestling. Moreso than the Jarrett name.

This is no contest, and shouldn't even be close. What people need to also realize is that Kerry's career was cut super short. F'n Jarrett. Get real. The only time he's been a star is in his own mind.

Who's shittier? That is the question I pose for you.

Planet Jarrett is hugely overrated and someone who has the most easily reversible finisher I've ever seen. He's also someone who's inferior in the power game... and lost a match by simply laying down for an opponent.

That being said, Kerry Von Erich is really, REALLY dumb. I mean, he'd walk into a wall if it'd get him over with the fans. Dedication? Yes. Stupid? Yes. Von Erich would find a way to lose this match because Jarrett has one thing over Von Erich... smarts. Jarrett is smart enough to figure out how to beat Von Erich and send him home with a roll up with a handful of tights before the 20 minute time limit expires.

How is Kerry Von Erich remotely in this thing? I simply don't understand how this guy has anything on Jeff Jarrett. To use the Sly argument, he's dead so that must get some votes.

Say what you will about Jeff Jarrett, but the guy is a recognized 10 time world champion. Von Erich had one 18 day run because his brother died, that's it. Hell, even as WWE mid carders, Jarret was a better IC champion then Von Erich could have ever hoped to have been.

Kerry Von Erich was a territorial big name, that's it. He was a failed NWA champion, and couldn't cut it in the WWF. Jarrett made it to the top of WCW (no he didn't book himself to his 4 World title reigns in that company), and was the big name TNA needed to big a champion to establish that company. Not only did Jarrett make TNA relevant, he also brought helped bring back some prestige to the NWA title that was all but dead for 10 years.

Jarrett should win this match in a landslide.

Nearly anybody who was watching wrestling when Kerry Von Erich was around understands why he is receiving votes.

EVERYBODY loved the guy. There was just something about him that drew you to him, much like Hogan and Sting. I mean, let's face it... neither Hogan or Sting were the best promo cutters, but their charisma and presence were out of this World. Kerry Von Erich had that same thing working for himself. He had the great look, an unbelievable amount of charisma, and his matches were always entertaining. Even during his short stint in the WWF, Kerry was easily the 2nd most over face in the company, and if he hadn't had drug/personal problems and what not, there's no doubt he would have been the one to follow the Hogan era as WWE's next big star. And he would have been successful, too.

Jeff Jarrett has always been a very good wrestler, but he's never had that "it" factor. Kerry Von Erich had it, and those who witnessed it while he was around couldn't help but love the guy, which is the real reason why this match-up is as close as it is, and why it shouldn't be a shock to anyone if Kerry wins. His death has NOTHING to do with it.

Moreover, Kerry would have destroyed Jarret in a kayfabe match. That cannot be argued. So, that's another reason I have to believe Kerry is receiving votes here, too.

There's something weirdly watchable about Kerry Von Erich, and he clearly had charisma, but he was a midcard guy for his entire career, short of winning the title his dead brother was supposed to. Jarrett should have been a midcard guy his entire career, and even his midcard reigns were more impressive than Von Erich's in the main, with him taking more IC championships than almost anyone else. When you consider Jarrett's history of running roughshod over latter-day WCW and then TNA, and the outcome can only be a win for him.

Kerry was a standard uber-face was were the rest of the Von Erichs in Texas. Jarrett however has explored all sides of that spectrum. Yeah, he may have politicked his way into the main event scene of WCW and pretty much used TNA as a playground in it's early years, but he still got the job done in both places. Kerry was never anything outside of Texas. And we aren't in Texas. We're in Montreal. A place Jarrett has had exposure in and has had some success. Winning an Intercontinental Championship near by as well as wrestling Shawn Michaels for it.

Jeff Jarrett easily takes this.

Jeff Jarrett gets my vote here, simply for no other reason than he was a huge reason why I continued to watch WCW from 1999-on. I enjoyed his short stint in 1996, but it wasn't until he was unleashed as a Main Event - World Heavyweight Champion, that I felt his true potential as a Wrestler was found out.

He was toyed with in the WWF as the music star trying to breakout somewhere else. In 97-99 he was pushed/packaged similar to his WCW character in 99-on, but the WWF simply didn't invest into him the way WCW did, and all in all I think they should have. I get that WCW failed and went under, and some people actually claim Jarrett as a "Champion" is apart of that; I disagree.

As for the Texas Tornado, which is what MOST people would remember Von Erich as, uhm, well.. his daughter's hot - I suppose if I were single then I'd vote for him if I felt I had a shot at her. But beyond that, he never entertained me.

My vote goes to Double J in this one. Kerry Von Erich may have had the family lineage, the pedigree of a champion, but when push comes to shove, he was a career mid carder in the minor leagues. Jarrett, on the other hand, has always been in a position of significance in the big times. Whether it be WWF, WWE, WCW, or TNA, Jarrett is and always has been right there at or near the main event. Whether or not this has always been fully deserved can be debated, especially with the way he has used ins obvious influence in TNA to remain relevant, but that is somewhat irrelevant here. Fact of the matter remains, Jeff Jarrett remains a household name in modern day professional wrestling, whereas KVE has name recognition only.

Jarrett over the Texas Tornado in a competitive but decisive manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back