Houston Region, Montreal Subregion: First Round: (7)Harley Race vs.(26) Gregory Helms

Who Wins This Match

• Harley Race

• Gregory Helms

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Bell Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

38_f01ce8ae46e0430aeda7b73175464a21e37fb6a1.jpg

#7 Harley Race

harleyrace%283%29.jpg

Vs.

#26 Gregory Helms

gregory-helms.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I laugh at this matchup. Helms is a whiny punk who should know his role when he know who his superiors are. Harley Race is superior over Helms x100. Probably his gimmick as the Hurricane can give him superpowers to go on in this tournament, but that ain't happening.

Race put Helms in the figure four, Helms taps in a millisecond.

My vote: Harley Race

Harley Race absolutely destroys Helms and breaks him down. I think Helms hurts more after this match then any match he has ever been in.

Race will ground him and puts knees to his forehead over and over.

I can see it now. Backbreakers among other moves and essentially, Race teaches Helms a lesson in this match. Though Helms pays for this match physically, I can guarantee he comes out of this match a better wrestler, and he talks out of his ass, a Hell of a lot less.

When I saw the title of this particular thread, I couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, it hurt.

The Hurricane?? Harley Race is one of the toughest men to ever grace a wrestling ring, and would pound The Hurricane into a pulp. The only chance Helms stands is to run around, non-stop, for the entire 20 minutes, and it comes to a draw, thus eliminating Race as well as himself. But that's not likely. Race beats the holy shit out of him, and maybe takes a few minutes longer than he needs to, just to prove a point.

Race, by a huge margin.

Harley Race. Because he's Harley Race.

I'm just not sold on Hurricane Helms... I mean, he's dating Velvet Sky apparently... and ... well, he feuded with the Rock once... even beating him. That being said, Harley Race plays no games and would make an example of the pretty boy from North Carolina.

Race wins with a Piledriver... then Velvet runs in... and Harley carries her out of the ring, back to her hotel room, gets piss drunk with her, and lays the pipe to Velvet for 5 hours straight.

Yea... sounds about right.

So one of the greatest of all time, ol' Handsome Harley Race, 8 time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, beloved legend revered for his in-ring ability and legitimate toughness vs. yet another IWC darling who happens to be a severely overrated hack.

Gregory Helms belongs carrying Race's bags into the locker room, lace up his boots for him and get him a cup of coffee when he asks instead of wrestling against him. I'd watch this match just for the sheer joy of watching Race beat the piss out of Helms.

Race clearly has this one in the bag. Shame though I quite like the hurricane really enjoyed his segments, as the original not so much the one on wwecw. So seeing as we know that Race has this one I'm going to give The Hurricane a vote due is superpowers. :):)

And a bit off topic Lariat is Velvet sky not with Chris Sabin?

Who the fuck is Gregory Helms compared to Harley Race? NO ONE, just a jobber. What has Helms done in his carrer besied winning the cruiserweight title and recently talking trash about Shawn Michaels? I don't need to say why Harley Race is better, but instead say why Helms ISN'T the better wrestler. Helms hasn't done anything memorable besides a ladder match in WCW.

Harley Race, no brainer.

I actually like Nick's idea of Helms running circles around Race for 20 minutes and getting the double elimination. However, Helms would run for about 2 minutes before Harley Race just smacks him with a giant headbutt, and that would be the beginning of the end for Helms. From there, I think Race just continues to bash in Helms' head until Helms' can't answer the ref's 10 count.

Race wins in one of the more dominant first round matches.

Harley Race is a very mean and tough competitor. I strongly believe that he would beat the ever loving shit out of Helms in route to picking up the win. I really can't envision any scenario where Helms goes over Race. Race knows how to cheat and is one hell of a wrestler. Races size and fierceness will be the downfall of Helms.

Shane Helms needs to resort to calling our Shawn Michaels in order to stay relivant in the world of professional wrestling.

Harley Race's name has been relivant in pro-wrestling for ages now because of everything he has done in the wrestling world. He is another one of the most legit tough guys in the business and would enjoy dissecting Helms apart bit by bit.

Race would teach Helms respect like Helms could never imagine.

Gregory"what have you done for us ever"Helms vs. the 7 time NWA World's Champ? Race suplexes, armbars, high knees', etc. the living bejesus out of the hurricane for about 10 or so minutes before pinning him for an easy win here in the 1st round. Bring on the next victim, Race goes over in a breeze here.

Helms was good at getting into his character, I'll give him that much, and lasted longer than anyone else from The Invasion, which probably counts for something. But it doesn't count for anything that would get him over Race. Race is probably better than him at everything apart from speed and complaining about superior wrestlers. The former is rarely enough to win a match, and wouldn't be here, all things considered, while the latter isn't really a good thing at all, is it?

Matches like this make me seriously question why the Tournament isn't shortened by a few names. Hurricane Helms was decent for a laugh or two, and even put on some cruiserweight classics - but he doesn't deserve to be compared to, or against, Harley Race.

Helms holds a victory over a couple Main Event guys, including The Rock (as Lariat pointed out) but that is no where near enough to even give him an optional vote.

All in all, I'm more surprised this thread got to page 2 than anything else. Simply because this is just a First Round Bye to a lot of people, and there really isn't any need to say anything on why Race wins here.

Harley Race over Gregory Helms in an absolute romp. Harley Race was a tough son of a bitch who was a pretty dominant competitor back in his day. Gregory Helms is a below average wrestler who used a silly superhero gimmick to get over with the children of today's audience. Since dropping the Hurricane gimmick, what has Helms done, where has he been? The only thing newsworthy we have seen from him recently is an Internet attack at the Heartbreak Kid, but in terms of anything of relevance, he has been invisible.

Gregory Helms would need to actually have superpowers to keep this one even competitive, and even then, he probably comes up short. Then he's back behind the computer with his buddies, taking pot shots at people who have significance in the game, enthralling us all with his interpretation of Biblical text.

Race would love nothing more than to get his hands on Helms, the whiny little bastard!

He is one of the toughest men ever to lace up a pair of boots and would beat the shit out of Helms, whose greatest achievement was that he dressed up as a superhero? Could you ever see Harley Race in a Hurricane-style outfit? NO...because he is too tough for that

Race with a squash over a bloody Helms.

Fuck off Helms, you are outta there! Race advances

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back