Hope Everyone Is Having A Good Easter

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I have had the past few days to catch up on a bunch of films that I have wanted to see for ages, so I am hoping my WZ movie bros will be able to give their opinion on the following:

Animal Kingdom: My god, this film is amazing. One thing I've never been able to understand about the Aussies is how they come across as so laid back but can still come out with some of the best crime dramas, thrillers, and exploitation films that I have ever seen.

Killer Joe: Pretty good shit, bros. My main man Mateo really did transform himself over this past couple of years. What are the odds he'll ever do another rom com again?

Prisoners: An 9/10 film that could have been a 10/10. Man, this film was awesome, but what about that fucking run time of two and a half hours? What's so tragic about this one is that they could have cut out 45 minutes and turned it into a thriller that would have been an instant classic. I am reading a lot of praise about Hugh Jackman in this one, but I didn't find anything exceptional about the performance since it would have been quite easy for anyone in tune with their emotions to pull off. Jake should've gotten praise as should have my main peeps Paul Dano and Melissa Leo.

I've only seen Killer Joe from that list... I thought the final 10 minutes or so were ******ed and completely ruined the film for me.

On a side note, has little Tdigs made his/her arrival to the World yet?

I agree about Prisoners, Hugh Jackman was fine but I really loved the performances of the supporting cast. I really enjoyed the film when I saw it but I remember being somewhat let down by the final minute of the film.

I don't mind openings being somewhat open ended. But I genuinely wanted to see the confrontation between the two characters when Jackman was found. I just didn't like ending the film at that precise moment.

Haven't seen the other two films yet. Animal Kingdom has been on the list. I presume you have seen Wake In Fright? By far my favourite Aussie film personally.

I watched Chopper for the first time in a couple of years last night. It was shorter than I remember but Bana is mesmeric in the lead role and his own muddying and promoting of his own legend adds a lot to Brandon Read's mystique.

Prisoners is a film I was never quite sold on from the trailer but I think I spotted it on an on demand service the other day so may give it a watch soon.

Out of the last 72 hours I have worked 44.

Yay Zombie Jesus, thanks for comin' back from the dead and giving me this great holiday, yay!

On the plus side, chocolate is awesome.

I've heard either the Jake opinion on Prisoners - it's generic - or the tdigle opinion - it's fantastic - with nothing in between. I'll get round to watching it but I'm not paying £15 for the privilege. I don't pay that for films I know are classics.

Killer Joe was one of my favourite films of 2012. The blu-ray picture is kind of... digital. Great film to have watched tipsy at 11 o'clock at night in Leicester Square. The last ten minutes are what make it or break it. For me, they made it.

I'm the only person I know who was straight-up bored by Animal Kingdom, but there we are.

Edit: Let me know if Prisoners is on Netflix or whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back