• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homicide Released from TNA

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As of right now, it's being reported that Homicide and TNA have parted ways. According to Homicide's Facebook page, as of this morning, he no longer works for TNA Wrestling. As of right now, TNA hasn't confirmed this report. Given all the drama regarding TNA and Twitter over the past little bit, maybe it's possible that this is all some sort of hoax too.

There've been stories circulating for a long time now that Homicide has been unhappy with TNA and has asked to be released on more than one occassion. TNA hasn't utilized Homicide in a while and, personally, he hasn't been used well or really been very relevant since the break up of LAX. If, and I do mean IF, he is in fact gone from TNA then I personally think it's for the best. If he isn't happy and if you're not really going to use him apart from an occassional squash match, then let him go to seek greener pastures.

Homicide is one of those internet fan favorites that I just don't understand the appeal of – he's like Konnan ultra-lite. What, so he wears a bandanna, talks like a gangsta and makes gun fire sounds he's cool? Who cares? He's got the athletic build of a an average 30-year old who doesn't work out and struggles heavily in his interviews to sound coherent at all. At least when Hall struggles it's because he's drunk. When Homicide struggles, it sounds like he's just not educated.

If he is indeed gone, no harm no foul, and certainly no skin off TNA's back. They weren't using him anyway, and he wasn't taking them anywhere they weren't already.

If it's true then more power to him for being happy but honestly what's he gonna do now? Wrestle on indies and go back to ROH. I hate to say it but unless Ki & Punk and Bourne and Danielson pull every string they can he won't even get a second look by the WWE and as much as I love ROH they are not at the level of TNA & WWE. He's gonna be working more and getting hurt more for not as much money. But hey if he's happy more power to him. Maybe he can head down to Mexico with Konan and be involved in that angle. He would do well there.

Its not a big loss for TNA. He is a decent worker with no mic skills, I think they have enough other guys to fill that void. Homicide was also unhappy to be there and reportedly had asked for his release several times. TNA and Homicide parting ways seems like a good thing for TNA. They don't really lose much and they get a bad apple away from the bunch.

As for Homicide's future, he is a good enough wrestler to find success in the indies. He might go back to ROH, a place where he had a good run earlier in his career. But there were reports about a month, maybe a month and a half, ago saying that the new Wilpon promotion had been talking to a prominent TNA wrestler. I'm not sure if I'd call Homicide "prominent" but he is a former champion, so I guess that has to hold some kind of merit.

Whatever, he was complaining, he wasn't happy, so letting him go was the right move. He hasn't done anything noteworthy since LAX, so I honestly couldn't care less that he's gone. No way he signs with WWE, definitely doesn't seem like a company guy at all.

At best he signs with ROH or some other independent. IDR is right though, the IWC infatuation with Homicide makes absolutely no sense.

I liked Homicide when he was apart of LAX that was his best tenure with Tna but as a singles competitor he is kind of useless. I thought he was good in the ring but he was kind of weak on the mic. I wish him the best maybe he goes back to ROH and has success there but in Tna he was not going to be used unless they redid the LAX. This is a good move for both Tna and Homicide, Tna got rid of a talent that was not used and Homicide was not with happy with his role now he can leave and get more work on the Independent scene

It is a bit disappointing that he's gone now because I remember hearing something about an LAX reunion not that long ago which would have been good to see. Hernandez did alright when he started his singles run but I always liked seeing LAX tag against anyone.

However he's not someone that TNA have desperately needed so I guess it's no significant loss overall.

LAX was Konnan with a band of street thugs – little else. Without Konnan as their mouth piece, they fell apart rapidly, and with good reason – neither Homicide nor Hernandez were/are all that interesting, and both are particularly awful on the mic. Is it any wonder they ran to Hector Guerrero after they failed to keep their heads above water once Konnan quit? Another very vocal and very personable personality – the type of thing both Homicide and Hernandez should pray to one day wake up with.

I'm glad he's gone because I'm a huge Homicide fan and he was being highly under used and it was a shame to waste such an incredible talent. I hope he shows up in ROH with Julius Smokes and faces either Christopher Daniels or Tyler Black at Glory By Honor IX.

I love how people are bashing Homicide for his gimmick. You know, the gimmick that helped he and Homicide be one of the most over tag teams in TNA, even without Konnan as their mouthpiece. I know for a fact that his time in TNA on his own isn't a fair judgment of what he can do, since they didn't give him any sort of a chance to stand on his own or shine. Homicide defnitely has talent, he's a great wrestler, and I'm sure he's quite happy to be out of TNA. TNA may not have missed out on anything since they weren't using him, but they certainly could've had another top level tag team for their division if they'd been smart and brought back LAX. LAX is ten times better then Generation Me, Ink Inc., or anyone else they can bring in.

Homicide's not going to be hurting though. He could go back to Ring of Honor and be successful, or he can go back to Mexico where he can make very good money and have a great career, and both of those options are clearly more favorably to him then being in TNA.

I've never understood why some people even like Homicide. There's nothing special about him. His character is bland, his mic skills suck, and during his time in TNA, he never did make that big of an impact. Homicide's best stuff happened in Ring Of Honor. I enjoyed watching his matches with Samoa Joe, Colt Cabana, and CM Punk. But his TNA run was just mediocre at best. Another LAX run might have saved him, but it never took place. This won't be a big loss for TNA, because he hasn't been relevant for quite some time now.

Homicide has been unhappy in TNA for a while now. Whether TNA let him go or he left on his own accord, I think its better for both parties. Homicide can be happier and actually be used more working the independents and ROH. I would of liked to see Homicide and Hernandez be brought together to reform LAX. God knows neither one of the two wrestlers had worthy singles careers. It's not really a big loss for TNA though.

Homicide was a good worker, but he was one of many expendable workers on the TNA roster. Hopefully he can find a better job that will use him more efficiently.

Long time coming, he was pissed when they split up LAX and he basicly got dumped to the curb as far as air time, they've just been hanging onto him for a few years for no real reason.
I really didn't see either Homicide or Hernandez as much outside of LAX, they were a package.

Meh, he really wasn't doing anything of importance in TNA right now anyways. Maybe if he had been in the mix for the X-division title or still teamed up with Hernandez this would matter more. Unfortunately, he wasn't doing anything so this release really doesn't affect TNA all that much. In fact, it was probably a worthwhile release. It frees up some space for someone new to come into the company or take his spot, plus it frees Hernandez up for something new that would not be in the tag division. Homicide was a decent enough talent who was much better when he was in ROH, it will be nice to see him return to ROH. This move was for the best for both parties.

This was a release that granted both sides to be happy. All Homicide has done is been a guy in a team/stable so he could get some air time and be a filler in a lot of matches to put other guys over. Now, although you need those wrestlers, Homicide didn't want to be that guy and wanted his release. With TNA using a lot of their other roster members... they didn't need him. Good mutual agreement.

As for what Homicide will do... probably go back to the indies and work around there. I don't see him going to the WWE at all, especially with a name and gimmick he has. He'll need a complete overhaul before heading there, but I don't see him having the backstage attitude to be a company person.

I was thinking that L.A.X was going to reunite, I was really looking forward to it. They woud of been good for the tag team division, they were one of my favourite tag teams in TNA. In a singles point of view it isn't really a big loss but from a tag team point of view it's a shame that L.A.X aren't coming back.

Expendable or easily replaceable is the best way to describe him here. I had nothing against homicide but not much for him by himself either. I would almost have liked to see LAX reunite but as entertaining as they are in the ring IDR nailed it when he pointed out how they flounder without a mouthpiece. By himself Homicide was never getting out of the x-division and TNA has better options for that spot. Maybe he goes on nxt3 and raps about how he made TNA.

TNA needs to thin its roster, afterall they just brought in the EV2 guys. I think you may see more departures in the near future of guys they don't use much. The way this Fortune & EV2 thing is going, its gonna be slim pickins for anyone not in those groups so they can cut a few guys. As far as Homiside goes, don't let the door hit him in the ass.

Ric-Flair.jpg

ODB has also been released from TNA I dont understand why because I feel there were three knockouts who made the knockouts division popular ODB, Gail Kim and Awesome Kong and ODB was reaching her best ever form. Probably something to do with Hulk Hogan

Only TNA can release great perfomers like Homicide and keep Orlando Jordan and let him have a match week in and week out. The day TNA crashes is going to be the day they look at this forum and see all the wise advice us fans gave them and they overlooked. Then we can finally say "I TOLD U SO U SMUCKS." Hogan is poison. Eric B is poison. Ric Flair is DEAD weight. STOP repackaging old WCW storylines. I mean come on Fortune? Itz the 4 horsemen all over again with 7 members. Have just 1 original thought Russo.

Only TNA can release great perfomers like Homicide and keep Orlando Jordan and let him have a match week in and week out. The day TNA crashes is going to be the day they look at this forum and see all the wise advice us fans gave them and they overlooked. Then we can finally say "I TOLD U SO U SMUCKS." Hogan is poison. Eric B is poison. Ric Flair is DEAD weight. STOP repackaging old WCW storylines. I mean come on Fortune? Itz the 4 horsemen all over again with 7 members. Have just 1 original thought Russo.

What exactly makes Homicide such a — and I quote — "great performer"? I won't doubt the credulity of whether or not Orlando Jordan is worth keeping or not, but I am curious what exactly Homicide brings that Jordan doesn't?

Is it the ability to talk on a mic? No. Jordan can, Homicide can't — unless you count the ability to "speak" in uneducated ebonics as talent.

Is it the ability to have a look that sells? No. Jordan can, Homicide can't — unless you count having the body of a 16-year old boy who's never lifted a fingernail in his life as a look that sells.

Is it the talent of owning a personality? No. Jordan can, Homicide can't — he's got the same personality as Amazing Red, that is, no personality at all.

Sorry man, but this is just more conjecture from jaded ICW fans who are pissed when their indy stars like Joe and Homicide and whoever else don't get pushed through the moon when much more talented but less adored talents are in their place.

ODB has also been released from TNA I dont understand why because I feel there were three knockouts who made the knockouts division popular ODB, Gail Kim and Awesome Kong and ODB was reaching her best ever form. Probably something to do with Hulk Hogan

Probably because she asked for her release months ago, man. ODB is a one-trick pony – her value is relative to the amount of time she spends in a position of power in the company, just like Beth Phoenix, Chyna, etc. before her. She ran her course and then some in TNA.

This news is also incredibly old. This happened months ago – what's the point in bringing it up if not to simply discredit Hogan and/or Bischoff for failing in some place they didn't really fail like over half this forum loves to do?

I guess this is another example of TNA "trimming the fat'" so to speak, by cutting guys they feel are of little or no value. Which I imagine is making a lot of the current TNA roster a little nervous. And I don't just mean a handful of guys, I mean A LOT of the roster. Because there is an awful lot of dead weight in TNA at the moment and if they are planning to release guys of limited value, I could envision a drastically reduced size of the TNA roster.

Personally I didn't think Homicide was too bad. And in saying that, it's not so much that I think he's that good, it's just that I think there are a lot of guys who are worse, and some guys who are much worse.

If they are going to cut useless people from their roster, I wouldn't be sleeping too comfortably these days if my name was Shannon Moore, or Orlando Jordan, or several other guys.

As I understand it, though, he wasn't happy and was critical of the direction of the company and wanted out. If that is the case, this "cancer" should be excised from the company anyway. The last thing a struggling company needs is dissension from within.

And slightly off topic, but am I the only one who finds the analogy of calling someone a "cancer" in the company, which TNA has done on several occasions, a little offensive and insensitive, especially with the health histories of Jarrett's and RVD's wives? Perhaps they should find alternate terminology for such people out of respect for these guys.

Thought this happened quite awhile ago. I don't remember the last time Homicide was on TV. Not at all. A shame, really. Homicide was a pretty cool cat. Sure, his singles career was putrid, but does no one remember LAX? That was some pretty sweet shit.

Hernandez clearly hasn't had great success as a singles wrestler, so why wouldn't they get one of TNA's greatest teams of all time back together? Makes sense, no? They'd be a better team than, say, Ink Inc. A missed oppurtunity, if I've ever seen one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back