Hogan's Ultimatum to Aries: #1 Contender or X Division Champion?

Aries should give it a shot, the X-division isn't going anywhere. I mean he can always come back and wreck the X-division. The one problem with going up to the main event is getting lost in the shuffle. If he moves up he will have a great chance of fighting the same guys over and over again like, Ken Anderson, RVD, and Jeff Hardy. But, it would be the same as fighting the same X-division wrestlers and having no challenge whatsoever. IMO he should move up to give himself more of a challenge and to give the X-division a chance to make its own stars.

Yeah after finally watching watching the segment (impact shows Sunday here) Aries will for sure vacate the title, his character wouldn't want to stay in the X Division. Then there can be some sort of bracket tournament to decide the winner of the vacated title.

The question is though who would fight for it? Zema Ion.... Shannon Moore maybe? Kazarian possibly? Crimson, Gunner and Garett? lol

Austin Aries should and will drop the title to go for the Heavyweight Title. Will he win it? I doubt it, but I can say that this is a fresh match that I am interested in seeing. I mean would you want to see another Hardy, Anderson, RVD match? Nope. I think Aries will inject a fresh face into the title picture and maybe, just maybe, grab the bull by the horns whiles he's there. Aries versus Roode will be a great match to watch and possibly enough to make me buy the Pay Per View. Like it or not, TNA is beginning to have some characters worth watching and investing in. Aries, Roode, Storm, and even Bully Ray. And they are beginning to piece some storylines together and follow through on them to a finish. I am interested in Aries. I'm interested in how long Roode will hold the title. I can't wait to see Storm in a title run, etc.

But, what I am worried about is TNA taking the opportunity to drop the X-Division entirely. The cupboard is dry. Who is going to take over for Aries? Kid Kash? Ion? One-Legged Sabin? There are no x-division stars on the roster at all. None. If they do bring in an x-division tournament like last year, then I am sure they can find a star or two, but who is there? WWE is trying to scoop up cruiserweights for their new show. Personally, I think it'd be a good run for a guy like RVD or Hardy to hold the title for a little while. It would do two things, give them something to do and show that guys who come in from WWE are no better than the guys from TNA.

I don't care what it does to the belt or Aries career. They've given one of their more compelling characters an internal dilemna that could go either way and certainly gives fans more reason to stick with the show. I just hope they don't drag it out too long.

Well done Creative.

At first I was thinking ... TERRIBLE IDEA ... this makes the X-Division Championship seriously second rate, right?

But the more the angle went on and the more I thought about this I liked it more and more. It was clear that Aries was not quick to just lay that strap down for a shot at the big one ... and that actually INCREASES the value of the XDC in my opinion. Everyone watching is smart enough to know that the World Championship is the bigger title, but he is actually make it look like a choice. Would you rather be the No. 1 contender and risk having nothing? Or would you rather the X-Division Championship?

That gives a lot of value to the X-Division Championship right there. He simply did not say yes and lay it down. He said, I don't know? This thing is pretty fucking sweet on my shoulder.

I like "human" elements added in as much as possible and this "choice" that Aries has seriously gives him a human element where he has to struggle to figure out what to do.

In the end, it is a great angle no matter which way it goes ... and it draws even more attention to the TNA product.

I can't see Austin Airues as the TNA champion. He's the best wrestler ever but his promos are so bad. I haven't seen promos that bad since Bobby Lashley ruled ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back