Hogan vs Savage was supposed to happen at Wrestlemania 20?

Who's that C**s B****T person everyone's mentioning?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Puh-lease. Uh, Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit?

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle?

Christian vs. Chris Jericho?

It probably wouldn't have even topped Rock N' Sock vs. Evolution.
Good job. List a bunch of overrated matches, that'll show me. :suspic:

Seriously, the Triple Threat is the most overrated Wrestlemania match ever. Eddie vs. Angle was completely forgettable, and Hogan vs. Savage would easily be the best match on the card, when you factor in the nostalgia and build-up.

I know putting guys like Hogan and Savage over guys like Benoit, Angle and Jericho goes against everything smarks believe in, but it doesn't change the fact it's true.

Wrestlemania 20 was in front of a smark heavy crowd though, Sly. It's just as possible of them shitting on everything Hogan and Savage did as it's possible of them going nuts over every move ala Hogan/Rock from a couple of years earlier. 50/50 chance, which means it's a little silly to guarantee that would have been the best match on that card. It's possible it would have been, but it's definitely not a forgone conclusion in front of a crowd like WM20 had.

Wrestlemania 20 was in front of a smark heavy crowd though, Sly. It's just as possible of them shitting on everything Hogan and Savage did as it's possible of them going nuts over every move ala Hogan/Rock from a couple of years earlier. 50/50 chance, which means it's a little silly to guarantee that would have been the best match on that card. It's possible it would have been, but it's definitely not a forgone conclusion in front of a crowd like WM20 had.

Smarks loved Savage, and New York was Hogan's town for over a decade. Besides, was there anyone hated more by smarks than Triple H back in 2004?

Smarks loved Savage, and New York was Hogan's town for over a decade.

Fair points, but I still say it's possible that those fans could have shitted on the match regardless of Savage's popularity and Hogan being a huge star there 20 years earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a guarantee that the match would have at least started off red hot, but I'm not going to give those fans the credit of having patience or tolerance to a little build-up.

Besides, was there anyone hated more by smarks than Triple H back in 2004?

No there wasn't, which is why nobody cheered for him that night. That crowd was very much in favor of Benoit.

How is that Triple Threat at all overrated? It's easily one of the best triple threats ever. I had no idea who was going to win from beginning to end, and Benoit making Triple H tap was a huge shocker.

Also, I'm not going to say Eddie vs. Angle would have been bigger than Hogan vs. Savage (it wouldn't), but I wouldn't say it's completely forgettable. If nothing else, the ending when Angle pulls of Eddie's boot is pretty memorable.

You can say what you want about the Triple Threat being overrated, but next to Joe/Daniels/Styles at Unbreakable, it was one of the best in terms of in-ring action, and the build-up to it was great. Eddie/Angle wasn't as forgetable as you say.

And yeah, of course you have to factor in nostalgia and build-up, but that means nothing if the in-ring action can't deliver, I mean, look at Goldberg and Lesnar at the same event.

How is that Triple Threat at all overrated? It's easily one of the best triple threats ever. I had no idea who was going to win from beginning to end, and Benoit making Triple H tap was a huge shocker.

the pitbull style roll through with a blood splattered Triple H, and the reaction to it, is one of the most epic fucking things ever in WM

Niño Vega;3161369 said:
I guess only Warrior - Hogan could've topped Savage - Hogan.

MaYbz a TrPl FreT wit HogAN WARiOR nd SAVAGE?!?!?!

How is that Triple Threat at all overrated?
Because it's nothing more than a revolving 1 on 1 match, with more silly excuses to roll out of the ring than you see opponents of Mysterio landing on the bottom rope. Hell, it wasn't even a Triple Threat match.

It's easily one of the best triple threats ever.
And Forrest Gump was one of the smartest mentally challenged men in history. Not really saying much, though now is it?

Eddie/Angle wasn't as forgetable as you say.
And yet, your statement indicates a level of "forgettableness", which basically proves my point.

And yeah, of course you have to factor in nostalgia and build-up, but that means nothing if the in-ring action can't deliver, I mean, look at Goldberg and Lesnar at the same event.
Yeah...and look at Rock vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania 18. Oh wait...

Hogan vs. Savage would have been hot, and they were both fantastic workers. Best match on the card.

Holy shit. Sly make me an Admin again so I can rep all of your post in here.

Hogan vs. Savage would've been spectacular. From an in-ring viewpoint it might not have been up to much, but that's not what makes a match great. Emotion and in-ring psychology make matches great, and this would have had that in spades.

Savage was tip top for TNA later in the year, so I am in no doubt it would've been awesome.

He was not in top shape, neither was. The fact is Hogan can no longer drop the leg, Savage could no longer have dropped the elbow. For the match to end with anything besides one of those 2 moves would have been awful, and that is why it should not have happened

Im baffled. Best triple threat match of all time, that match is fucking incredible

Fuckin' A. Certainly in the top two or three with the Styles/Daniels/Joe three-ways. Incredible match.

HBK vs. HHH was the logical and better match choice.

Not at all. HBK and Triple H had been wrestling each other non-fucking-stop for the previous two years, it had been done to death and gotten to the point where they were having awful 20 minute wankfests for matches. No one wanted to see Triple H/HBK #9001, they wanted to see Benoit and Eddie go over.

Benoit would have been better off against Lesnar or Angle.

Doubtful. I mean, Benoit had incredible matches with both of those guys but that doesn't take away from the awesomeness that was their WM 20 match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back