• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan vs. Flair

mork83

Wooooooooo
With the rumors of Ric Flair becoming the new GM of RAW, that would definitely blow away Teddy Long and Tiffany. I don't think that either of them bring anything to their show, especially compared to someone like Flair. What about getting a big name like Hulk Hogan to be the new GM of Smackdown?

I don't know the status of his relationship with Vince McMahon and he would ask for a very big paycheck, but he doesn't seem to have anything else going on right now. Plus, with all of his bad publicity and family problems lately, he could be the "good guy" GM. Smackdown is supposed to be the more kid friendly show too, so he could use the All-American schtick again and maybe start to repair his relationship with the fans who find his personal life really tacky.

I am all about building new talent and I know people will say that he will take the focus away from younger wrestlers, but (hopefully) he would never wrestle and just be the GM. He has a history with Edge, Chris Jericho could continue with the legend bashing, and people like Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, etc. could get a great rub being involved with him.

Originally RAW and Smackdown were supposed to be competing brands, but that doesn't really make sense since it's the same company, there are faces and heels on each show, and most fans watch each. However, I think it would be fun to see Hogan and Flair try to one up each other and take subtle shots at the other show. They have a long history with each other and each guy being on their show would create a buzz and no doubt help ratings.

I like the idea in theory, but do you remember how absolutely terrible Hogan 's mic skills were last time he was in WWE???
He really would embarrass himself if compared week in and week out to Flair.

Yeah, and Hogan could bring in Bischoff as his business partner to try "put Flair & Raw out of business"! Things could get interesting if handle the right way!

I like this idea. Its a real long shot but, it would make things more interesting. At first, Flair would be a face GM. After time though, I think the true heel Ric would come out and make things on raw interesting. Hogan would make a great smackdown GM. It would make the shows a little more watchable, which is very difficult to do these days. I don't get to see the shows as they are on in their normal TV slots. I have to download them since I am currently in South Korea.

With this some will ask, who will run (WE)CW. Well, I think we should get wwe fans alike that don't care for ECW to sign a petition to no longer run the show and split the guys to raw and smackdown. It won't happen but its a thought.

I like this post idea. I am getting to the point to where I am about to stop watching wwe programming altogether. TNA might not be wwe but, at least in that company they are not pandering to 7 year old kids.

I love the idea of having Hulk Hogan being a GM. That would be something interesting to watch. It will also, hopefully, keep Hollywood out of trouble and give him something positive to do. I said hopefully. This is the part where I put my twist. I would much rather have Hogan run Raw instead and put Flair on Smackdown. I know what you’re thinking, out of the two, Flair should be on Raw for the “Evolution of Evolution”, but I just feel Raw is WWE, ECW is ECW and Smackdown is WCW. With that in mind, wouldn’t Hogan on Raw, Dreamer on ECW and Flair on Smackdown kind of, sort of, make sense?? Anyway, I love this idea regardless of how it goes.

I like the idea in theory, but do you remember how absolutely terrible Hogan 's mic skills were last time he was in WWE???
He really would embarrass himself if compared week in and week out to Flair.

Ah but here is the GENIUS of the idea. Don't have Hulk Hogan as your GM. Have Terry Bollea as your GM. Sure, who wouldnt love a "WELL YOU KNOW SOMETHING BROTHER! ITS GOING TO BE CM PUNK VS EDGE AT SUMMERSLAM", what if he came out as himself. Having a GM thats always ranting and raving would grow wearysome eventually.

But Terry Bollea himself can speak perfectly calmly, and he would clearly stand up to Flair. In fact, they would be a great pair, the controlled frenzy of FLair and Bollea's calm Hulkamania, which he unleashes if one of the heels really pushes his boa.

And what about a heel turn? That would be stupendous, having the uber-face confront his family issues and step up to be a blunt heel GM, no hulking up, no yellow and red. All business shirts. He could even shave. Shock Horror. There are so many ways to go about this.

That’s an even better idea. Terry and Ric would be a better pair that Hulk and Ric. They could even align themselves together. Imagine the “Power Trip” they could have with Vince on their side. They could be Face, Heel, or just flat out in charge as Tweeners. I think this is a great twist.

I am sorry, but I just hate the idea. Admittedly its my own personal bias, but I pray I never see Hulk/Terry anywhere near my television again. I hated him in the 80's, the 90's and now. Granted...the 4 year olds would love him and cheer and crap..but I don't like sports entertainment...I like the SPORT of Pro Wrestling. That was always the big difference between WWF and NWA/WCW.

Now Flair has BEEN GM or a similar position more than once. It got old quick. I have always loved Flair and will confess to a tear or two at his send off...but its time to walk away. If he becomes GM he becomes McMahon and suddenly he is in the ring again.

I think the person in the GM position should be someone that came from "Behind the Scenes" like Jack Tunney back in the day. This constant replacement after replacement of GMs has gotten dull. We get it...they come in...get an ego and turn into power hungry jackasses...got it.

I say turn JR heel and have him take over SD. Then over on RAW I would the King completely change his character as well. The two of them have been around long enough to hold some status on air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back