• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan Reveals More Storylines

i wish there was alot more controversy between the two companys the way wcw and wwf now the wwe had back durring the monday night wars. with talent like bischoff on tna's side along with hogan flair and all the others seemingly jumping ship, and the wwe with all their recruiting staff and camps and what not, it would be pretty interesting if the two would actually go at it head to head with all weapons put out on the table with new ideas not the same old thing that has been done over and over again. but something that is real and not pre planned by both companies. if they did that then for sure there would be a ratings spark for tna which is doing a lot better then they used to in the beginning. the matches are pretty good to watch especially from a technical stand point. and the wwe every now and then does surprise us with there ideas but all in all i think it would have been good for both companies to try to stop revealing things and let it be the way it was before we had all these ways of finding out before hand what will happen. because it eliminates the element of surprisethat wrestling companies used to utilize so well

Some of the post on this thread are simply ridiculous. Why are some people bringing up wwe? This is a Tna thread that has nothing to do with wwe. It's only obvious that Hulk Hogan brought up him bringing back the red and yellow at Bound for Glory is to gather interest to the Bound for Glory ppv. He's doing it because he wants people to start talking about Bfg, he wants people to start buzzing about maybe seeing Hulkamania run wild one more time. Hogan's not doing it for nothing he's not saying hey let me give away this storyline. Like I stated he's doing it to gather attention to Bfg.

Why do some people keep saying they want TNA to succeed when it's pretty obvious that they don't?

wow someone needs a hug. and tna is a shit product from top to bottom. tna fans are so easily butthurt by criticism. not that i am criticizing, im beyond that, i just stab them with words every chance i get at this point.

And guess what dumb fuck, you're about to get stabbed right back, if we want to talk about hypocrites, I can't see your fucking cunt ass being any better.

oh and nothing gets your point across like cussing and name calling. tna fans must be democrats too lol.

Boo hoo, it's an internet wrestling forum, are your feelings being hurt, because I am using a bunch of profanity, I use such verbiage because it's the best that fucking idiots like you can grasp, I mean after all, your name is yur_momma? Guess what douchebag, the 1990s called and they want their tired old jokes and fads back, asshole. This is far from being a platform where we have to be so formal that we have to be concerned about what words we use to get our points across.

"a REAL wrestling fan is allowed to have their bias and is allowed to feel strongly about their preference." gotta love the hypocrisy of saying that while bashing someone for not liking what you like!!!

You also forgot the follow up to that statement..."However, you on the other hand are some little cunt ass dumb fuck troll who wants to come over and be a stupid mark."

So you're quoting what I said twice, however you're taking the context of it and warping it to suit your own point, fucking idiot. Again let's put this in perspective, the thread was in reference to Hulk Hogan supposedly spoiling a TNA storyline, the asshole fan in question that went and said something had a post that was totally irrelevant to the subject matter of the post. It was obvious that he wasn't here to speak on this particular aspect of TNA regarding Hogan, but instead he was just looking for someone to hate on TNA any possible way he could have. If he really wanted to make a strong case against Destination X being so poor compared to Money In The Bank, he could have definitely created his own thread in reference to that. Obviously he was just looking to troll, and trust me asshole I could talk to you all day about wrestling that goes beyond TNA's product, I grew up a WWF fan first and foremost, so before you go and label me as being a fan of one particular wrestling organization, you better back and fuck up and shove those assumptions right up your ass. Therefore, I reserve my right as a WRESTLING fan to call someone out if I think they are trolling instead of just legitimate criticizing.

anyway back on topic

Yes asshole, it's a good idea to stick to the topic of this thread because this is about Hulk Hogan and his return to the red and yellow. Not about whether I am a wrestling fan who exclusively watches TNA. Because I can tell you that I most certainly do not.

if you think hogan spoiled a storyline, then that means you didnt see the face turn and the yellow and red coming back at some point, which also means you should crawl in a whole with a book on how to think ahead and just read. i feel silly now for assuming that anyone with synapses firing knew without a doubt that hogan would return to the face character. its something that has already been done meaning it is mandatory for tna to do it...again.

Personally speaking, if Hogan returns to the red and yellow by Bound For Glory or sometime sooner than that or later, let's be honest it won't be a shock. I myself am indifferent and will still follow what's going on with both TNA and WWE.

Anyways "yur_momma"....like the other poster, it's obvious you don't care for the TNA product, go troll somewhere else. Fucking idiot. No wonder why you have absolutely no rep on this forum, it's obvious that every single thing you say no other fans really understand or give a shit about, cunt.

People get butt hurt in a hurry around here.

As for Hogan's statement, I wouldn't read too much into it. He's just doing what he can to drum up curiosity while promoting himself. I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. I don't really think he's giving away too much information either. Hulkster may indeed turn face in the immediate future, and he may be spoiling it to a certain extent, but he hasn't said a word about whether this face turn will lead to anything bigger. It could be as big as him and Bischoff splitting (with Hogan "leading" a large face faction against Bischoff), or as small as a simple wardrobe change. Noone knows...

fantastic post! LOL...absolutely hilarious. now go take your Ritalin and try to expand your vocabulary so you can replace those cuss words with things that show you can think from intelligence and not emotion.

Hahaha, nice gotta love the Ritalin jokes there, is that the best you can come up with? Again, read the above title for the post, "Hogan Reveals More Storylines". Obviously your reply to my latest post has NOTHING to do with the above subject matter. Instead you are just trying to start a flame war, at least in my posts I stuck to the script and posted in accordance with the title of the thread. I see that you can't even do that, maybe I should donate some of my Ritalin to you so you can actually post properly, idiot.

Anyway, I've said enough about Hogan possibly turning face again, however I guess I can say one or two more things. OP, you should have probably titled this post as "Hogan reveals more spoilers in storyline" since what you posted a video of was merely just an expansion on something he already said weeks ago.

But anyway yur_momma, bottom line is go troll elsewhere, smark.

So....He's hated for telling people the storyline but then if he didn't people would complain it was predictable.....

Can TNA ever win? He was just trying to get some buzz about the PPV. Even if it isn't that interesting, he didn't spoil the fact Dixie will return and will put in a new order for Impact Wrestling. Taking the brand into a newer consistent direction.

Opps, I spoke to much...Brother!

He's simply hyping the possibility of him turning face in the future. What? You're telling me you didn't know he was turning face? It was plain obvious since Sting started doing the whole "I want the old Hulkster back".

So, hype a potential outcome that will interest a good portion of the casual fans, or just sit on your hands, do nothing, don't promote your current feud?

I swear, people will bitch about anything. Then again, looking at your signature I can't say I can draw a rational argument out of you. Just sit back and enjoy what happens.

You get hints of feud outcomes on Impact Wrestling ALL the time. Smarks can detect them like they're nothing.

Remember the "they" storyline? How Bischoff/Hogan were portrayed as faces and Sting/Nash/Pope/EY as heels? The 'heels' saying how Eric is a con-man? That's just as much of a "reveal" as this is. We all knew Hogan and Bischoff were "they". No one was shocked. And that was on the show. This is in some random interviews where he's not in character.

Robert Roode has said numerous times in his "Wrestling Matters" videos that fans should get used to seeing him as a singles guy. We all know he'll end up being pushed heavily in the future. That's also a "reveal".

It's called hype. I bet you wouldn't say shit if he said "I'm never going to go back to being the old Hulk Hogan again!", right? Because we know it's not true, but it's still hinting to a possible outcome.

Actually I'd like to take issue with several of your points. First off with Hogan revealing storylines. For a company that has undergone the revamp like TNA has and their 'return' to, if you will, wrestling, Hogan doing this is a very bad thing to do. Old school wrestling, or more to the point, the entire point of their "Wrestling Matters" tag line would stipulate that these guys stay in character all the time and under no circumstances would they reveal storylines or plot endings. It is my belief that TNA has hit their peak, and having seen little in the way of ratings increases, Hogan et al have decided this is their next best option. He understands that his babyface persona was much more popular than his heel persona and that fans today don't see him as a heel. Now as it relates directly to the Sting/Hogan/Bischoff angle, again, fans need to suspend disbelief in order to buy into the angles and so we do. So when Sting went 'loco' (re: the joker) I wondered what the endgame was going to be. Would Hogan return to "The Hulkster" or would it deepen the divide between the 2 men and preface a one time/last time return to the ring for Hogan to face Sting. The suspension of disbelief was shattered when Hogan revealed the endgame as his returning to his babyface persona and now pretty much their storyline is shot!!! Everyone now knows the eventual outcome and so there's less reason to watch. Heck, I suspect many read the spoiler alerts just so they can keep up with what's going on and don't have to watch it. I'll split up my comments/commentary so it's not so long.....

He's simply hyping the possibility of him turning face in the future. What? You're telling me you didn't know he was turning face? It was plain obvious since Sting started doing the whole "I want the old Hulkster back".

So, hype a potential outcome that will interest a good portion of the casual fans, or just sit on your hands, do nothing, don't promote your current feud?

I swear, people will bitch about anything. Then again, looking at your signature I can't say I can draw a rational argument out of you. Just sit back and enjoy what happens.

You get hints of feud outcomes on Impact Wrestling ALL the time. Smarks can detect them like they're nothing.

Remember the "they" storyline? How Bischoff/Hogan were portrayed as faces and Sting/Nash/Pope/EY as heels? The 'heels' saying how Eric is a con-man? That's just as much of a "reveal" as this is. We all knew Hogan and Bischoff were "they". No one was shocked. And that was on the show. This is in some random interviews where he's not in character.

Robert Roode has said numerous times in his "Wrestling Matters" videos that fans should get used to seeing him as a singles guy. We all know he'll end up being pushed heavily in the future. That's also a "reveal".

It's called hype. I bet you wouldn't say shit if he said "I'm never going to go back to being the old Hulk Hogan again!", right? Because we know it's not true, but it's still hinting to a possible outcome.

As to your comments regarding the "They" storyline, I felt it was a pretty intriguing storyline in that it was difficult to tell who was on what side of the issues. Again, suspension of disbelief being the key ingredient to making this work as a fan. While I can say that I always saw Bischoff, Hogan, et al as the heels, I also was willing to believe, (again as a fan) that they might actually be the good guys in all of it. There was no reveal as to the outcome of that storyline, and if I remember correctly, the endgame saw Sting and Nash eventually leave TNA (albeit temporarily for Sting) after they had been approached by Immortal. For me, it all ended a bit too ubruptly and kinda haphazardly, which I've come to expect from TNA producing/booking/writing.

Now I see TNA has having reached their full, current potential and it may be time to completely retool the product at this point. Sting isn't going to be around much longer, and neither will Angle, Hogan, Bischoff, Steiner, and now we hear that Anderson won't be around in another 5 years. Time to rebuild their product on a foundation of young talent and create new stars.

If not....I see WWE buying them out and putting most of them on the unemployment roles.

^Big time idiot trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about.

No, I'm not trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about. Fact is, wrestling tends to be pretty unpredictable in that you never know what's going to happen (for real) next, or what people might say next, as in the Hogan storyline issue. As we've seen over the past year or so, none of us knows what is really going on behind the scenes as we've seen folks come and go thru both organizations, storylines change on a dime, and the unexpected happening at times.

No, my opinions are just that and amount to nothing more than pure speculation in terms of any endgames to storylines. But, there is no question that the world of professional wrestling, for a number of reasons (i.e. social networking capabilities), is much different than 20-25 years ago when guys stayed in character even when in public. Today we see a blend of fake and real both in and out of the ring for these guys as both organizations have learned that todays' fan requires a bit of realism in what they are seeing and hearing. Hence the CM Punk promo and Anderson referring to Hogan as 'Terry'. 20 years ago, neither would have happened.

It's just a different world and a different business.

You obviously are a fucking idiot just to put it delicately. Anyone who wants to resort to the jibber jabber that you are resorting to by coming onto a TNA thread and bashing the product just to put WWE over. Well lad, WWE doesn't need your help in promoting itself by the by. They are dong just fine without having some idiot mark orgasm over their PPV.

you lost all credibility after you said 'anyone who wants to resort to jibber jabber' .. look no further than your post if you want to see golden fanboy jibber jabber of the highest degree.

You see this is the thing, a REAL wrestling fan is allowed to have their bias and is allowed to feel strongly about their preference. However, you on the other hand are some little cunt ass dumb fuck troll who wants to come over and be a stupid mark.

ahhh... so all my years of watching wrestling aren't enough to make me a "REAL" fan. its only the fact that I dissed your father's company when I 'put over' WWE right? oh shit.. its not your father's company.. but damn did you ever get hostile when someone had an opinion that was different than yours.. welcome to life, kid.

I'd like to see if some wiseass like you could even be a tenth of an athlete that any TNA or WWE wrestler is. My take is that you probably can't, hence why you talk so much shit.

I play division 2 international ice hockey for IIHF.. Do I get a pass oh wise one? What do you do beside start flame wars on the internet?

Go fuck off.

nah. id rather stick around and watch your BP rise ever so violently. :)

P.S. Fuckwad, we were also talking about Hulk Hogan and whether or not he was really spoiling a TNA storyline, so you score bonus douchebag points for not sticking to the subject. Again proving that you weren't here to contribute to the thread but just to find another reason to talk shit about TNA. Fucking moron.

well, Fuckwad.. did I say that correctly? My point was no matter what they try and do.. i.e. Hogan giving away storylines.. they just cant trump WWE.. their creative team is shit. Any 'drama' I see feels like a rehash of WCW circa 1997. The product is seriously lacking in terms of originality ability to surprise.

Cut Hogans TV time already.. enough with the Immortal bullshit.. get that damn belt Sting once and for all and concentrate on your younger guys.

The X Division is fucking magnificent but it always plays second fiddle to an out of touch and senile Hogan. a boring Sting.. Botchamania in Anderson.. Jeff and Karen who still cant draw a dime.. Samoa Joe.. they still try and play that guy off as a main eventer? lol. Matt Morgan? Abyss? cmon man. that shit is bunk as fuck.

Theres plenty of coverage of undeserving wrestlers on TV every week that we can watch (WWE) .. Until TNA really has the balls to abandon their stale old programming (Immortal vs Sting.. Immortal vs Fortune.. Immortal vs Sting ..wait for it.. AND Fortune!) .. then they are going to keep getting their 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 rating with no improvement in sight IMHO.

My opinion.. give the show to the X division and get the fuck out of their way.. maybe theyll light a fire in the locker rooms ass while their at it too.. Whats the worst that can happen? The core audience will be there no matter who they throw out there.. Dare to be different.

s3Machine:

I have to agree with you that TNA needs new direction. Their product is waning now and HH looks desperate as he tours giving away storylines. I want TNA to survive and to improve as it means they force the hand of WWE to continue to improve. Monopolies are never good for the consumer and the only one who benefits is the big dog. (i.e. Walmart, etc.)

What I saw this past week in the 2nd hour (missed the 1st hour) on Impact was pretty disjointed. The Knockouts segment was just a trainwreck in my eyes and looked really 'messy.' I get it! It was supposed to be a catfight on steriods, but it just looked bad. Yes I understand ODB; you don't like 'Barbie dolls.' Isn't there a title worth fighting for or do we just attack 'the pigeons' if you catch my drift?!

The Sting/Angle v. Anderson/Bubba Ray match was too short and didn't really do anything for me as a fan. It didn't further the storyline with Angle and Sting in any productive or provocative way and neither did they further any angle to Anderson being the anti-member of Immortal. I thought the X division match with Shelley and Kendrick had the most potential to steal the show, but again, it looked disjointed. I saw evidence of the 'wrestling matter' gimmick in that match, but not enough risk-taking given it was the x division between the champion and #1 contender.

Time for TNA to really start thinking outside the box in almost every way. Go after someone like a CM Punk (not saying he's available but someone of his caliber who is.), shake up the storylines in some really unexpected ways, (I have some thoughts on that as well), and basically turn the company on its ear.

you lost all credibility after you said 'anyone who wants to resort to jibber jabber' .. look no further than your post if you want to see golden fanboy jibber jabber of the highest degree.

Hahaha, right, and you never had any credibility to begin with. You're just ********* because myself and Zeven_Zion called you out for making an irrelevant post on this particular thread. I am far from a fanboy, because at least I am not going to go on to a thread and troll and pull some brand loyalty bullshit like you are. Last I checked we were living in a place that allows us to have a taste in more than one brand of a particular product. Personally, I like both WWE and TNA, I'm not some douchebag cunt that will go on to a forum and do some juxtaposition bullshit like you're pulling on this thread. Again, dumbass if you were that upset with this month's Pay Per View offerings, go and make a thread about it. Because that particular subject does not belong in here, this is regarding a Hulk Hogan storyline, sorry if you're having a problem comprehending that.

ahhh... so all my years of watching wrestling aren't enough to make me a "REAL" fan. its only the fact that I dissed your father's company when I 'put over' WWE right? oh shit.. its not your father's company.. but damn did you ever get hostile when someone had an opinion that was different than yours.. welcome to life, kid.

What do you expect, you're obvious trolling in this thread when discussion about Destination X and Money In The Bank is not applicable to what we are discussing here. Don't be playing stupid, you know you were coming to this forum just to start shit with other users, you are definitely a far cry from what a real wrestling fan is. Again, there are companies out there better than others no doubt about it. WWE definitely is the grand stage and as much as I watch TNA even I realize that their product is not at WWE's level of production values or mainstream exposure but just the same there is great talent in the organization as well. If you can't see that you're the fanboy, not me.

I play division 2 international ice hockey for IIHF.. Do I get a pass oh wise one? What do you do beside start flame wars on the internet?

Again, I can't knock anyone that plays hockey if that's what you really do, again anybody that wants to bring their personal life or hobbies into this discussion is probably grasping for straws. Obviously because you know you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument that you resort to having to tout your personal achievements, nicely done. But an epic fail just the same. If you truly do play Hockey you don't need me to tell you this but just the same, I will give credit where it's due in such a game where you not only have to be coordinated enough to handle a hockey stick but also be able to maneuver on skates.

However, you're still not a pro wrestler, I myself wrestled in high school and even I know better than to go and just outright be as ignorant as you are to what these people do for a living. Sure there are some bad matches I've seen in the past and trust me there are some people who might not belong in the wrestling business. However, I'm far from being some little cunt like you that's going to whine and cry about the wrestling products that are out there like you obviously had to do. If you actually had a solid opinion and provided a good argument and you put it in the proper forum, then you wouldn't be getting the shit you're getting from other users. Therefore your opinion doesn't count for shit.

Again, your hockey ability is rather irrelevant to the wrestling discussion we're having. It's funny how you just can't seem to stay relevant to any subject matter whatsoever, can you?

nah. id rather stick around and watch your BP rise ever so violently. :)

Hahaha, nice, I like that my BP rising, well obviously if you were the better man in this discussion, you'd have just outright ignored my rebuttal. Bottom line is that you had to respond, therefore I know I got a rise out of you then obviously. I definitely am sure I hit a nerve. So please go shove that hypocrisy up your ass. I maintain, if what I said was so insignificant you'd ignore me. Obviously, you had to go and bring up that you're a hockey player and this that and the other thing to prove a point to me in return. It's obvious that you took exception to what I said. And you are looking to flame right back, at least I can admit my part in this, you obviously can't.

well, Fuckwad.. did I say that correctly? My point was no matter what they try and do.. i.e. Hogan giving away storylines.. they just cant trump WWE.. their creative team is shit. Any 'drama' I see feels like a rehash of WCW circa 1997. The product is seriously lacking in terms of originality ability to surprise.

People were still watching WCW in 1997 even if it wasn't to your liking, and yes let's praise WWE for always getting it right too, when we know they are not. I mean seriously Vickie Guerrero at Capital Punishment did a Marilyn Monroe send off singing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" to an Obama look alike. Oh geez never seen presidential impersonators before in the WWF/E. I guess you were still a rancid little pollywog in your dad's nutsack when that BS was going on. I loved the old school WWF don't get me wrong, and I am not arguing their success, but don't act like every single thing they have ever done is gold.

Also keep in mind that wrestling as a whole is obviously not as vibrant in the ratings as it once was, because the WCW product you were bashing in the late 90s had very comparable numbers to what WWE is doing now.

Cut Hogans TV time already.. enough with the Immortal bullshit.. get that damn belt Sting once and for all and concentrate on your younger guys.

Um yeah, there are Impacts that Hogan doesn't even show up on and on several occasions the ones he does show up on he doesn't hog all the time like you stupid marks out there make it out to be. I doubt you even watch TNA in the first place. Sting will lose the belt again soon enough, you're acting as if this is the first time in wrestling history that a man past 50 has won the World Title. Vince McMahon at 63 held the ECW World Title and held it longer than guys like RVD ever did. Please tell me how that's any different.

The X Division is fucking magnificent but it always plays second fiddle to an out of touch and senile Hogan. a boring Sting.. Botchamania in Anderson.. Jeff and Karen who still cant draw a dime.. Samoa Joe.. they still try and play that guy off as a main eventer? lol. Matt Morgan? Abyss? cmon man. that shit is bunk as fuck.

Oh you mean the same X-Division you were bitching about in your last post, the one that has its OWN pay per view. Seriously, make up your mind already asshole.

Again, we were discussing a Hulk Hogan face turn, nothing more, nothing less. Whether it's going to be happen like the Hulkster said it would or not, the guy is hardly wrestling and his TV time and his role that he has now is no different than what Vince McMahon was doing in the Attitude Era WWF. Do I personally think that he should be having this role? Not particularly, the style of the Attitude Era is dead and I hate seeing it be revived, however unlike you, I am not going to be some little bitch who gets sand all in his clit about it.

Just remember punkass, this is a two way street here as far as this discussion goes, you can tell me my BP is higher than the Empire State Building and you can say I am pissing and moaning a little too much but if you dignify my next post with another response like you have just done now, you are showing that you are no better. Period.

Bottom line, maybe this forum really isn't a place for you to post, if you don't like people calling you out for being the douchebag that you are. I wholeheartedly admit that I take my wrestling discussions to a certain extreme most of the time, but hey I'm not the one in the denial here like you are.

I think its dumb for Hogan to do this, why would anyone ever spoil whats going to happen in their promotion? I mean, I guess he's trying to get some people to tune in by telling them that he's going to be going back to the old red and yellow,eat your vitamins,say your prayers Hulk Hogan...but shouldn't that be a suprise? You'd probably be able to generate the same amount of curiousity within a week when he actually made the turn. get what I mean? Like, lets say Hogan turns face at BFG. People will be saying"hey, the old hulk hogans back" and that would generate probably as much viewership as him saying that hes going back to the old hulk hogan in october, in my opinion, and it wouldn't spoil the suprise. But thats just my opinion.

Vince won the ECW belt at that age, but it wasn't his top belt...it wasn't his "holy grail" And there are other ways of revealing storylines without Hogan being like "Yea' turning good guy...brother."

s3Machine:

I have to agree with you that TNA needs new direction. Their product is waning now and HH looks desperate as he tours giving away storylines. I want TNA to survive and to improve as it means they force the hand of WWE to continue to improve. Monopolies are never good for the consumer and the only one who benefits is the big dog. (i.e. Walmart, etc.)

The biggest idiotic thing I've heard. HE IS PROMOTING THE PPV BY TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO EXPECT. It's not giving away THE ENTIRE STORYLINE OF THE PPV.

There is plenty more. There will be MUCH more that goes into the Sting/Hogan feud and what happens AFTER Bound For Glory.

The IWC can reveal storylines but someone in TNA can't? Makes sense right? Oh wait, It does not.

How is the product waning when they are getting better with each show? People wanted more wrestling, they put together a PPV that got people's attention. They are rebuilding the X-Division, building TWO new stars.

There is nothing that shows desperate. If Hogan kept it a secret, YOU would complain the outcome would be predictable.

Vince won the ECW belt at that age, but it wasn't his top belt...it wasn't his "holy grail" And there are other ways of revealing storylines without Hogan being like "Yea' turning good guy...brother."

Doesn't matter Rhayth, the bottom line is you are the boss of the company, you're near Social Security Collection age and the ECW belt was intended to be a launching pad for younger superstars, yes I know it's not on the same level as winning the top title however Vince even pulled that booking move almost a decade earlier than that. Bottom line is it's still a title and the title's a plot device that I think should be used the proper way and not be put in the hands of characters like Vince McMahon, it would have been one thing...if Vince had set it up for Umaga to claim the ECW Title since he was feuding with Lashley at that time, but come on...I don't care how in shape Vince is for a guy his age, the fact that you have a 60 something who also owns the company competing for a title, is pretty preposterous. It's been a while since championships have been used as a proper plot device in wrestling, I will say that what WWE is doing right now with CM Punk is a breath of fresh air that I hope clicks with the rest of the audience for the long term, but there's no way anyone can justify the sense that Vince's title wins ever made.

Anyway, back to the topic, again the seeds for this Hogan face turn have been planted already and again whether I think Hogan was right for even HINTING at going face again, the fact is that this is not the first time in wrestling we've seen both companies give away spoilers. And at the same time, Hogan has said that he MIGHT be turning face by Bound For Glory, this isn't the first time Hogan has said something was going to happen and it ended up not happening. Again, the way I look at it, nothing happens until it actually happens, plain and simple.

There's really no point to arguing about anything involving Hogan anymore. He's in even worse shape with most of the IWC than Cena. People just don't like him, and are going to root against anything that involves him (TNA).

The biggest idiotic thing I've heard. HE IS PROMOTING THE PPV BY TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO EXPECT. It's not giving away THE ENTIRE STORYLINE OF THE PPV.

There is plenty more. There will be MUCH more that goes into the Sting/Hogan feud and what happens AFTER Bound For Glory.

The IWC can reveal storylines but someone in TNA can't? Makes sense right? Oh wait, It does not.

How is the product waning when they are getting better with each show? People wanted more wrestling, they put together a PPV that got people's attention. They are rebuilding the X-Division, building TWO new stars.

There is nothing that shows desperate. If Hogan kept it a secret, YOU would complain the outcome would be predictable.

No need for you to me or anyone else here for their views as we're all entitled to our opinions without being insulted. On the Sting v. Hogan storyline, if we're to believe that Sting is a face, and he's trying, thru this odd character to get Hogan to turn face, and he does so at BFG, then what is the much more you speak of? Will he and Hogan then destroy Immortal and rid TNA of Bischoff? I thought Sting said before he wanted to rid TNA of Bischoff AND Hogan? Or has THAT changed now? Prior to that, he and Nash had been offered membership in Immortal, only to walk away from the business. Or so we thought, until Sting returned, albeit under a different gimmick than what we see today, to once again, rid TNA of Bischoff AND Hogan. Now Sting wants 'the Hulkster' back and I GUESS wants to rid TNA ONLY of Bischoff and Immortal. This is my point. TNA keeps changing the nature of their storylines so much that the inconsistency makes for confusing story/plotlines.

As for the IWC revealing storylines, how do they do that? Fans can only speculate on storylines as we don't know what's going on in production meetings at TNA.

As for the X division, you say they are rebuilding it with 2 new stars. Which ones are those? Abyss, Kendrick, or Shelley? Shelley has been with TNA for quite some time now, as has Abyss , so neither of them are new to TNA and Shelley is certainly not new to the x division. Kendrick is new to TNA I guess, so I can buy that part. But so far, he looks like a weak champion who has needed help to win and then keep his belt. Only 2 matches to judge from but we'll see how this plays out. For my money, I like Austin Aries, and perhaps that's who you are referring to. Now, I do think you may be onto something with this, but I'm not convinced you realize that yet. As far as a career move is concerned, I think Aries made his move at the right time, and went to the right place. TNA is a place where smaller guys like him can make a career and can thrive as an upper mid-card guy. Now can he make it to the WHC in TNA? I'm not sure he can as this business has been built, and maintained, on the premise that the big men rule the sport. (at least in this country.) Guys like Rey Mysterio becoming WHC are the exception, not the rule. Sure you could make a case with guys like Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero, but all their runs were ended in short order versus guys like Cena, Orton, Sting, and others who all tend to get to keep the belts for a longer period of time. I'm just saying I'm not sure he can thrive as a character with his physical make-up in a world championship scenario so perhaps the x division is where he needs to focus as a character.

As for Hogan not showing desperation, it is my belief he's operated on that premise pretty much since he arrived on the scene in TNA. He's tried living off his reputation there, tried I'm sure to coax others away from WWE, and unable to make an appreciable difference in tv ratings or PPV buyrates, now thinks that giving up storylines BEFORE they occur will entice people to watch.

Just my 2 cents.

There's really no point to arguing about anything involving Hogan anymore. He's in even worse shape with most of the IWC than Cena. People just don't like him, and are going to root against anything that involves him (TNA).

Heck, I don't dislike Hogan and I was a fan want TNA to succeed. I don't want WWE to be the only choice as it means we as fans have to accept what they shell out! Ugh!!!

Point is, Hogan and Bischoff have struggled now for nearly 2 years to make a dent, and haven't. Now they've turned Sting into 'the joker' ostensibly, and decided Hogan needs to turn face and I'm left wondering what happens then? Do they disband Immortal and abandon the idea of factions? Shortly we'll see the break-up of Beer Money, if we're to believe all we're hearing about Bobby Roode going his own way, so that leaves them another man down in Fortune. AJ and Daniels have continued their competition to see who 'the best' is (whatever THAT means to those 2.), and it essentially leaves them without a group at all. I just think if they hadn't gone down the whole faction road idea, they'd be in a much better place today than they are. They could have spent that time focusing on individual talents like Jay Lethal, AJ, Roode, Storm, Joe, Anderson, Gunner, and others instead of insisting that what worked in WCW could work again. It hasn't, and now they are floundering.

Hahaha, right, and you never had any credibility to begin with. You're just ********* because myself and Zeven_Zion called you out for making an irrelevant post on this particular thread.

lol that couldnt be further from the truth.. Im not even slightly butt hurt.. Your the one who got all emotional and start cussing up a mile a minute. It aint a big thing.. I can handle words like cunt, troll, fanboy, smark, etc, etc.. slung at me.. and its cool if you want to use those words.. its just that im not about that.. not that i find anyting wrong with it.. and in my younger days I probably would have responded with the same heat.. but im a bit older now.. and if I was to ever take anything written on a forum personally then I would be the first to laugh at myself..

at least I am not going to go on to a thread and troll and pull some brand loyalty bullshit like you are. Last I checked we were living in a place that allows us to have a taste in more than one brand of a particular product.

Its got nothing to do with trolling or brand loyalty bullshit.. I like TNA.. do I have a certain fanboy presence towards WWE.. sure I do.. but not to the point where I would discredit everything that TNA does.

Again, dumbass if you were that upset with this month's Pay Per View offerings, go and make a thread about it. Because that particular subject does not belong in here, this is regarding a Hulk Hogan storyline, sorry if you're having a problem comprehending that.

You respond with everything I say like its a personal attack against you.. and like I said above.. I got no problem with cuss words being thrown around like their going out of style.. but on the real.. and this isnt meant as disrespect towards you.. but if you want someone to take you seriously... and what you say seriously.. try and piece together a sentence without coming across like your in junior high. Speak your mind. Make yourself loud and clear.. leave the ***** and dumbasses out of your offerings.. thats what really diminishes credibility imo.

Don't be playing stupid, you know you were coming to this forum just to start shit with other users, you are definitely a far cry from what a real wrestling fan is.

really? lol. this couldnt be further from what i was trying to accomplish. im 27 years old.. the last thing that was on my mind was typing up a few sentences on a wrestling forum to "start shit with other users" .. again.. im not trying to tell you how to live, act, react, or behave.. but i think that just because you would want to start some sort of forum war with that kind of post doesnt mean I do.. Frankly.. I have much better shit to do with my free time then "fight" on a forum... and Im a far cry from a real wrestling fan is? Really? because I thought what a real fan was is someone who watches wrestling. keeps up with the current events in wrestling.. and spends money products and events offered from companies like WWE and TNA. I guess in your eyes a real fan is someone who follows specific guidelines in what you can and cannot say in regards to wrestling talent or companies.. Again.. if your a younger guy.. I cant knock you for it.. because I used to have the same mentality in my late teens...

Again, I can't knock anyone that plays hockey if that's what you really do, again anybody that wants to bring their personal life or hobbies into this discussion is probably grasping for straws. Obviously because you know you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument that you resort to having to tout your personal achievements, nicely done. But an epic fail just the same. If you truly do play Hockey you don't need me to tell you this but just the same, I will give credit where it's due in such a game where you not only have to be coordinated enough to handle a hockey stick but also be able to maneuver on skates.

If I brought up my hockey skills and accomplishments out of thin air.. then I could see your point where you said I might be grasping for straws.. but you brought my athletic ability into question without any mention by me so I responded accordingly in one line and simply stated that I play hockey. If I was to go on and mention that i have X number of trophies.. or X number of sponsorship etc etc then again you might have an argument that Im grasping for straws.. but it simply doesnt apply here as I responded to a claim you had made.

However, you're still not a pro wrestler, I myself wrestled in high school and even I know better than to go and just outright be as ignorant as you are to what these people do for a living. Sure there are some bad matches I've seen in the past and trust me there are some people who might not belong in the wrestling business...

ahh.. now I get it.. you have personally wrestled before.. so when someone knocks it who has no wrestling experience you take it personally as you feel they have no merit to speak on the subject... am I right? Now if I started calling out specific wrestlers and said exactly what they suck at it.. and why theyre worthless.. and why their no good.. then you might have an argument.. but I simply named some wrestlers who I believe should move over and make some time for some fresh faces to make it on tv. Unfortunately fans of the product are always going to have a voice and opinion on what they liek and what they dont like. If your going to give me shit for what I said I guess you should give shit to everyone in the crowd who boos a specific wrestler.. or when the crowd chants BORINGGGGG.. or YOU FUCKED UP, YOU FUCKED UP.. you would have a huge battle on your hands if this was the case.. Face it.. Pro Wrestling fans are very opinionated.. thats because this business is true and dear to our hearts and we dont like when our intelligence gets insulted for so long with a bland product.. If you think anyone who has any form of negative opinion ... or one that differs from yours is a troll, a smark, or not a "true wrestling fan" ... then honestly.. i dont know what to tell you bud lol.

Hahaha, nice, I like that my BP rising, well obviously if you were the better man in this discussion, you'd have just outright ignored my rebuttal. Bottom line is that you had to respond, therefore I know I got a rise out of you then obviously. I definitely am sure I hit a nerve. So please go shove that hypocrisy up your ass. I maintain, if what I said was so insignificant you'd ignore me.

not really... I dont take any of this shit seriously or personally its just somewhere where I can voice my opinion on wrestling.. and why ignore you when your obviously speaking to me? Thats what this place is for right..? discussion? .. You were very far from getting a 'rise' out of me however lol.. and thats not to take away from your ability to cuss and insult.. because believe me.. your second to none.. lol... I just dont take this shit personally... so you definitely did not hit any nerve.. and no.. it doesnt mean that im the better man.. or your the better man.. it just means.. were different men. with different viewpoints.. except apparently one of us can speak our opinion without sounding 15 years old.

People were still watching WCW in 1997 even if it wasn't to your liking, and yes let's praise WWE for always getting it right too, when we know they are not. I mean seriously Vickie Guerrero at Capital Punishment did a Marilyn Monroe send off singing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" to an Obama look alike. Oh geez never seen presidential impersonators before in the WWF/E. I guess you were still a rancid little pollywog in your dad's nutsack when that BS was going on. I loved the old school WWF don't get me wrong, and I am not arguing their success, but don't act like every single thing they have ever done is gold.

Nowhere did I state that everything that WWE touches is pure gold.. and I also did not state that I didnt like WCW in 1997. Truth is WWE has their own share of stupid shit they do.. and their list is just as long as anyone elses.. and just because I think a brands programming is good or awful.. it doesnt deter me from watching it. because at the end of the day.. i am a true wrestling fan.. and whether the programming is attitude era amazing... or 1993 era down right terrible with gimmicks like Mantaur.. I will always watch no matter what.. because I fucking love wrestling for what it is.. pure talent. pure athleticism. and pure entertainment.

Also keep in mind that wrestling as a whole is obviously not as vibrant in the ratings as it once was, because the WCW product you were bashing in the late 90s had very comparable numbers to what WWE is doing now.

agree.. and no matter what the ratings or quality of product is.. I will be watching either way.

I doubt you even watch TNA in the first place. Sting will lose the belt again soon enough, you're acting as if this is the first time in wrestling history that a man past 50 has won the World Title. Vince McMahon at 63 held the ECW World Title and held it longer than guys like RVD ever did. Please tell me how that's any different.

I watch and DVR TNA every single week actually... and Vince holding the ECW belt isnt the same because it wasnt the top belt or even top 2 belts in the promotion.. and that honestly does mean something.

Oh you mean the same X-Division you were bitching about in your last post, the one that has its OWN pay per view. Seriously, make up your mind already asshole.

just because I complain about someting within the division.. doesnt mean I still dont like the X Division.. you seem to have this mentality that your either hot or cold on a subject.. west or east.. but its just not that way with me.. I can name flaws in something.. and still enjoy it for what it is.. and what it isnt.

however unlike you, I am not going to be some little bitch who gets sand all in his clit about it.

lol.. things like that make it incredibly hard to take you seriously whatsoever.

but if you dignify my next post with another response like you have just done now, you are showing that you are no better. Period.

again.. Im not implying that Im better than you in anyway.. no one here is made any better than the next person.. were all human beings.. some of us just share different opinions.. and thats ok.

Bottom line, maybe this forum really isn't a place for you to post, if you don't like people calling you out for being the douchebag that you are. I wholeheartedly admit that I take my wrestling discussions to a certain extreme most of the time, but hey I'm not the one in the denial here like you are.

lol.. are you the protector of the forum? you realize your just another person who posts here and nothing further right? so as long as im discussing wrestling.. i guess this is the place to jot down my opinions.. as long as i follow the forum rules.. not abuse anything or anyone.. then I would think that this forum IS the place that i should be posting.. and its ok to take your wrestling discussion to the extreme.. your passionate about it.. and thats fucking awesome.. i like it... but if you want me to respect it.. and you.. relax with the 5th grade grammar and as Ive shown with this response.. I can more than have an intelligent conversation and response with you on any given subject.

..damn that took a long time to get out lol.

I honestly don't understand the need for people to attack each other on this and other forums I visit. I just don't get what people think they are accomplishing by doing so. It's quite ridiculous and childish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back