• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hip Hop Thread

SHAGAMANIA 3:16

Occasional Pre-Show
Who are currently your favourite rappers?

My Top 10
1. Meek Mill
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. The Game
4. ASAP Rocky
5. 50 Cent
6. Kanye West
7. Travis Scott
8. YG
9. 2 Chainz
10. Chief Keef

Really how is Kanye considered good? The dudes music is crap. Stronger is the only song that I can listen to everything else I just can't stand. The dude is a straight up nut as well that alone should be a reason why he isn't even close to the top. How he call himself the goat is disgusting.

Lil Wayne > Kanye West any day. How bad that sounds is shocking but it's still true regardless.

Really how is Kanye considered good? The dudes music is crap. Stronger is the only song that I can listen to everything else I just can't stand. The dude is a straight up nut as well that alone should be a reason why he isn't even close to the top. How he call himself the goat is disgusting.

Lil Wayne > Kanye West any day. How bad that sounds is shocking but it's still true regardless.

Have you even listened to Kanye West pre Graduation?
He brought soul back to rap music when he first came out.
Doing conscious rap songs.

[YOUTUBE]MYF7H_fpc-g[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]elVF7oG0pQs[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]8kyWDhB_QeI[/YOUTUBE]
I still enjoy his new music even though it's all about his ego it's funny and entertaining in a strange way. He saids some complete non since shit that just cracks me up sometimes.

Lol you really choose Lil Wayne over Kanye West? Dude Lil Wayne has been complete trash ever since The Carter III he's not even the slightest bit creative in his lyrics anymore. There just bland and boring.

1. Tupac
2. Big L.

Cus fuck modern day hip hop.

If you only like the old school style you may like Kendrick Lamar he is a great rapper who raps about conscious shit. Much more lyrical than 2Pac and Big L. He's latest album To Pimp A Butterfly is a great old school feeling album.

[YOUTUBE]10yrPDf92hY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]hRK7PVJFbS8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Z-48u_uWMHY[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah I have and while I agree it's better than post graduation, it doesn't mean much. That's just my opinion but. I really think watch the throne is the most overrated album of all time. So by saying that my opinion probably doesn't mean much to you anymore.

I don't dig it. Kendrick Lamar is sick though. But yeah just not a big fan of some these supposed greatest of all time.

I like my Bliss n Eso and Hilltop Hoods. It's Australian hip hop so not many people from outside Australia would find it appealing but I like it. Cosby Sweater by Hilltop hoods I recommend. Also if you like songs with meanings addicted by bliss n eso is freakimg awesome.

10. Chedda Cheese

[YOUTUBE]u3X6L9l-izY[/YOUTUBE]

9. Quest MCODY

[YOUTUBE]b9bedVZbi6M[/YOUTUBE]

8. Henry Bowers

[YOUTUBE]TgFzBNAEJDo[/YOUTUBE]

7. Warren G

[YOUTUBE]1plPyJdXKIY[/YOUTUBE]

6. Grandmaster Flash

[YOUTUBE]O4o8TeqKhgY[/YOUTUBE]

5. Erick Sermon

[YOUTUBE]WE2vEtsc2io[/YOUTUBE]

4. Dr. Dre

[YOUTUBE]wWJqt0u_TCs[/YOUTUBE]

3. Ice Cube

[YOUTUBE]h4UqMyldS7Q[/YOUTUBE]

2. Biggie Smalls

[YOUTUBE]JZom_gVfuw[/YOUTUBE]

1. Tupac Shakur

[YOUTUBE]zAtqb3T5CHE[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah I have and while I agree it's better than post graduation, it doesn't mean much. That's just my opinion but. I really think watch the throne is the most overrated album of all time. So by saying that my opinion probably doesn't mean much to you anymore.

I don't dig it. Kendrick Lamar is sick though. But yeah just not a big fan of some these supposed greatest of all time.

I like my Bliss n Eso and Hilltop Hoods. It's Australian hip hop so not many people from outside Australia would find it appealing but I like it. Cosby Sweater by Hilltop hoods I recommend. Also if you like songs with meanings addicted by bliss n eso is freakimg awesome.

Fucking Bliss n Eso. Didn't hey have some song on Fight Night Champion or Round 3?

If you only like the old school style you may like Kendrick Lamar he is a great rapper who raps about conscious shit. Much more lyrical than 2Pac and Big L. He's latest album To Pimp A Butterfly is a great old school feeling album.

[YOUTUBE]10yrPDf92hY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]hRK7PVJFbS8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Z-48u_uWMHY[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, To Pimp a Butterfly is a great album. I love the psychology in it. There are a few modern day mainstream gems out there. I thought Kanye's MBDTF was incredible, but that was the last of Kanye I've heard.

I'm more into the underground shit today.

Guys like Vinnie Paz:

[YOUTUBE]BsK-OxJQJP8[/YOUTUBE]

Immortal Technique:

[YOUTUBE]qggxTtnKTMo[/YOUTUBE]

Flatbush Zombies:

[YOUTUBE]kfzRXseSBIM[/YOUTUBE]

Kanye West is an incredible producer. He's an abysmal emcee though.

I can't deal with any modern mainstream hip hop though. It's mostly hot garbage to me.

Hipster-hop?

Don't know a lot about hip-hop truth be told but I listened to a couple Mos Def albums at the weekend, which I enjoyed immensely.

The last hip hop album made that I enjoyed was Hail Mary Mallon's Beastiary. That was in 2014.

So yeah, I guess I am into the so-called hipster hop, even though underground hip hop has a tendency to closer to the origins of hip hop than the stuff that hits the mainstream market.

Well I ain't naming any current artists but here we go (in no particular order):

1) A Tribe Called Quest
2) Nas
3) KRS-One
4) Biggie
5) Dr. Dre
6) Ice Cube
7) Beastie Boys
8) Public Enemy
9) Tha Dogg Pound
10) Eminem (I haven't liked much he's made for a long time but Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers are masterpieces so he's in)

No order, but...

Top 10 of All time: Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Ghostface, Gza, Rakim, G. Rap, Scarface, Andre 3K, and Eminem

My current top 10 doing it: R.A. the Rugged Man, Vinnie Paz, Aesop Rock, Isaiah Rashad, K.R.I.T., Tech N9ne, Ghostface, Run the Jewels(both Killer Mike and El-P), and the God Sean Price(may he R.I.P. but his newest material is still recent enough to constitute a spot on this list)

Also: LOL at the OP's list. Its a microcosm of everything I hate about hip hop. God I despise modern mainstream rap music.

List of MY current top 10

1. Kendrick Lamar/J.Cole - These two chop and change the top spot of me on a regular basis
2. J.Cole/Kendrick Lamar
3. Chance The Rapper - His verses just keep getting better and better for me for a couple of years
4. Machine Gun Kelly - Spits that real ish everytime
5. Childish Gambino
6. King Los - His Five fingers of deaths are so good, plus they are old school off the top
7. Kanye West - As easy as it is to hate him, which I don't, his latest album TLOP was good IMO
8. Drake - Don't really like him but the last year hes commanded my respect with his bars and his dismantling of....
9. Meek Mill
10. Lecrae / Andy Mineo - Both are religious rappers but don't rap about god necessarily but more about positivity and real life and have clever punch lines

That is my top 10 right now

Honourable mention to UK grime artists, Stormzy, JME, Kano, Wiley, JME

Eminem is the only rapper I listen to with any regularity.

I had The Chronic or whatever the name of the album by Dr. Dre is but I don't think I ever listened to the whole thing.

I like Snoop's voice.

50 Cent on Never Enough sounded pretty good.

I'll tell you who I don't like and that's Lil Wyte, Travis Porter and Riff Raff.

I met Lupe Fiasco and his crew at a hotel I worked at and they were really nice. So while I've never listened to the music it's at least worth mentioning they were friendly people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back