Hip-Hop fans out there..

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Am I the only one on the Dizzy Wright train? This kid's been killing hip-hop on the underground/independent level for a good 2-3 years now. Am I still the only one who has heard of the kid, or did the XXL Freshman List get him any notice in the past couple of months?

[YOUTUBE]v=GFNt_IuaOqU[/YOUTUBE]

He's alright but he's as generic as they come. Jarren Benton is far more interesting, though he doesn't have the flow.

How long has he been in the game? I'll check out just about any underground MC. What other "new" artists are out there?

Love his verses in 'Maintain'. I dig the guy, but as a whole, I probably prefer Joey as an up and comer.

[youtube]V2eb2nAgono[/youtube]

The more I listen, the more I like what I'm hearing. He's got some good lyrics, but it almost sounds like he wants to bust out a rapid fire flow but keeps holding back from going through with it. That being said, I haven't scoured his entire catalog so maybe he's done it and I haven't heard it yet, but I got a feeling he'd be able to knock out a pretty impressive speed rap rhyme.

Fuck, man. I'm a sucker for a dope sample. I didn't know what sample that was, but it's one of the things that makes the song for me.

Yeah man, it's "Angel" off the Songtress album. Whole album I think has been sampled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back